Start Date: Jan 2001
Skater, sounds like a great lc breakfast. Enjoy the olympics with your daughter

Cloud, have fun with you bff.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
With all these posts I need a keyboard to type my responses. So happy for everyone! Just a few more days left of this challenge - we can do this!!!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Binzi saw the vet today for a checkup and she heard an intermittant heart murmur, level 1-2. She got some shots for lyme disease and a bioster shot for somethong else that we have to go back in a month. This is where the bills pile up. He is feeling under the weather from the shots. And has been sleeping since we got home. Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/280/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2014
Hi everyone! I helped my mom today with a yard sale. Her house is snack/sweets/junk food capital of the world, lol. I brought my own lunch and was only tempted by the grapes in the fridge. I had one little grape and was satisfied with that. I'm still not quite sure I'll make my 4th of July goal, but I've been sneaking a peek at the scale every day and it's still going down. Good luck to everyone with their goal!

Mary - did they say that Binzi's heart murmur could be temporary? I'm not sure if cats are the same, but sometimes my vet hears one in one of my cats, and says it could just be temporary due to the stress of a vet visit. It's something to ask about, anyways. Hope he is feeling better soon!
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:31 AM   #455
Blabbermouth!!!

Strawberry, the vet just she couldn't hear it all the time. And the vet at the humane society didn't hear it when he discharged him. So it is a covered item if we take the pet insurance. What do others think? Is the pet insurance worth it? $29 a moth
Old 06-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #456
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Auntie
WOE: LOw Carb
Start Date: 6/20/14
Mary~

Look into what it covers. Many do not cover routine visits and vaccines. Some have a cap and others won't cover pre existing conditions. Also some make you pay up front then you submit the paperwork for reimbursement. Ask your vet if they take the insurance.

I know when I had my little dog I looked into pet insurance and it was not worth it in the long run for me.

Just my 2 cents.
Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/240/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Split a chicken taco salad with my DH for lunch today. We usually order without the beans but forgot. So we ate it anyway. Hope there weren't too many carbs there.
Salmon and asparagus for dinner.
Cooked up 3lbs of bacon for the week ahead (there is 5 of us eating LC in the house)
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:02 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/228/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Back from weekend away, had a blast, stayed on plan 90% so gained a little. Really missed being able to check-in.
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/260/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Had a bad night last night - ate some high-carb foods. Got to get back on track today. I hate when I do this...
My daughter got 2 bronzes and a silver medal at Special Olympics Summer Games. Everyone had a blast!

Last edited by sk8termom; 06-30-2014 at 09:11 AM..
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Sk8termom - don't beat yourself up over it! Just jump back into your normal WOE and your slip-up will soon be a distant memory. Congrats to your daughter!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

JoanneO and I have been on the daily weighers page and she's been a tremendous encouragement to me! Just a few more days to this challenge so we all need to come up with another - maybe for Labor Day?
Old 06-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

Labor Day it will be!

I feel I came a long way emotionally these psst two months. I was so depressed in the beginning of May and am doing better. But I feel my job slipping through my fingers. I don't know if I'll ever be able to handle it all again. Time will tell.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Praying that you receive strength, both physically and mentally. I can't imagine how hard it's been for you but I have faith that you will be able to deal with whatever comes your way!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/240/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Sk8ermom it helps me to stay on track when I stock the fridge with lots of LC foods. Congratulations to your daughter!

Mary glad to hear of your growth. Healing sometimes takes longer that we would like. Binzi seems like wonderful company for you in this time.

Looking forward to the next challenge. 4 more days to go! Let's finish strong!
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:20 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amylynn920
Stats: 280/245/125
WOE: Keto~HF/LC
Start Date: 4/09/2014
I'm not sure I'll meet my goal of 40 lbs lost, however I did wake up today to see a loss of 35lbs so far, so I'm happy!
Amylynn920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:32 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slendercate
Stats: 188/177/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: January 2014
Had a difficult last weekend.
Some stressful things going on at work.
The 'stress eating' monster got the best of me, as I ate off plan from Friday-Sunday.

So, the scale is up.

However, got back on plan yesterday and am headed back down in the right direction.
slendercate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bronwyn ! You've encouraged me as well

Mary - will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.. maybe a new job opportunity will happen for you. My grandma used to say "When God closes a door, he always opens a window someplace else for you" I get the concept now, but as a kid, I remember asking her "But Grandma, why can't you ask God to just open the door back up? You might hurt yourself climbing thru a window "

Cate - sorry to hear of the stress, hope things smooth out soon. I also fight that "stress eating" monster.. tide has turned tho, I win more than he does lately !

Not even close to meeting my goals this time around .. that's ok, next challenge I will be more realistic in setting new ones
Old 07-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

It's my weigh day and I'm down another 4 pounds!

I'd have to lose another 5 pounds by Friday to meet my July 4th goal, so I don't think that's happening. But I'm looking forward to the next challenge where I'll try to make a more reasonable goal.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:50 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, strawberry!

Down to 218 this morning!!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #470
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColoMtnLady
Stats: 296/216/140
Start Date: Jan 2014
Great job to Amylynn, Strrawberry and Bronwyn on losing more pounds, we all know how hard that is so congrats to you. Our July 4th challenge is almost over. For all of us, whether we met our goal or not, we all at least had a goal and went for it. Now we need to set our next goal and "go for it" again. Don't be discouraged if you didn't make it, make a commitment to try again.

My visit last weekend to my "old" home town went fantastic. I had not seen any of my old friends for 6 months and 62 pounds ago. I had many expectations and met and exceeded all of them. I was exhausted Sunday night but it was a very content exhaustion. Oh, and I lost 2 lbs last week, so the plan can be worked, even when we are not in our regular routine.

So, here's to all of us as we march onward and downward to our goals of healthier eating and healthier bodies.
ColoMtnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post

Down to 218 this morning!!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
It's my weigh day and I'm down another 4 pounds!

I'd have to lose another 5 pounds by Friday to meet my July 4th goal, so I don't think that's happening. But I'm looking forward to the next challenge where I'll try to make a more reasonable goal.
Way to go !!!! I'll also be setting a more reasonable goal for the next challenge
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary;May 1
I was under the weather last week with the lack of sleep, depression got worse, so I talked with both the PCP doctor & the shrink. We agreed I should taked my sleep med for awhile until the sleep patterns are regulated, then I will come off them again. So I have had 4 nights of sleep & feel a little better. I need to get a non drowsy something for post nasal drip due to constant dry cough that I don't recall having before. Must be springtime allergies. Something new. I hate having to take drugs.

So the thing currently keeping me out of work are the stamina, dizziness, headaches & emotional depression from the brain injury. I have to be patient. The doc said walking is the best medicine. Out patient therapy will begin this week or next and walking I can do on my own with my walker in my neighborhood. I can't drive until Sept. I used to walk 10,000 steps a day last summer and fall, so I am going to record my daily steps in this challenge as well as commit to doing my upper body exercises and leg exercises given to me by my PT until I am given new ones. I am hopeful.
This was my original goal : walking more. I am walking many days 3 to 5000 steps a day. I have had a couple where I got 7500 i am off the pain meds and the sleeping meds and just take the anti depressant and anti seizure med until further notice. From where I was the first week in msy to where I am now it feels like night and day.

I feel as if I am ready to go back part time and when I see the doctor on Jule 10, I am going with the Return to Work Authorization Form requesting to go back 2 4 hr days a week. Then, maybe 3 4 hrs days a week, then 4 4 hr days a week until we are doing 5 4 hr days a week. Then we are at 50% work. Then we could go to 6 hr days 3 days a week, then 5 days a week, then 8 hrs a day in September. I am going to put a chart together so that the doctor can see the plan. The Speech Therapist wants to see me while I am going through this transition as does the Physical Therapist. I won't know if I can do it, if I don't dive it a try.

Last edited by MaryMary; 07-02-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Old 07-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Great post, ColMtnLady
Thank you, JoanneO
Old 07-03-2014, 04:45 AM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Mary - sounds like you have a well thought out plan to get back to work. You have a come a long way since May !

Ok let's see how I did with this challenge:

Walk every day, even if all I can handle are laps around the living room... yes
Stick to the food plan ... majority of the time
Hit 220 ... not even close
Spend at least 30 minutes with the guitar and drums ... nope
Check in here EVERY day for accountability..... yup !
Old 07-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
HUGE to all those that had losses since I've been gone!
For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

Gosh, I missed you guys! I've been trying to catch-up by reading all the post I've missed, but I'm only on post #430. Holy Hannah, you all are a bunch of POSTERS!!! Will have to read the rest later...

I left for my week long vaca at 122 lbs and came back weighing the same. I was on plan 100% of the time and it wasn't a second of hardship. I wrote the experience in my journal if you want the dets... I won't bore you here.

Family was blown away by what I looked like. I used to be the biggest female in the family now I am the smallest.

My DDs, sister IL, niece and I went crazy shopping in the terrific outlet malls they have there (remember I live in a small burg with only 3 clothing stores and that includes Wally world ). They treated me like a dress-up doll. It was a hoot and a half trying on clothes... Good times!!

Here's a pic of Ms. Monroe and me at Universal Studios in FL:

It's really good to be back. We are planning our next vaca for Las Vegas next summer. That should be fun too!

Last edited by Just Jo; 07-03-2014 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Silly fingers...
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you're back home safe and sound, just Jo and happy you had a wonderful trip!

Great photo, too! I can only imagine how excited and rewarded for your hard work by having your family in awe!

Last edited by Bronwyn; 07-03-2014 at 03:26 PM..
Old 07-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

JoanneO - I think you came out a winner for many reasons, but a big one is sticking with it even with a few bumps!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
JoanneO - I think you came out a winner for many reasons, but a big one is sticking with it even with a few bumps!
Thanks !
Old 07-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I almost didn't weigh this morning, but I did since it was the end of the 4th of July challenge. I really didn't expect a loss, but registered 1/2 lb down, which was totally welcome, especially as I had just returned from a week of travel and fully anticipated the scale to go up a bit. I was really stalled in April/May May, but June was a good month for me, even though only 2 full pounds. Still, for me that is good.

What's our new challenge?

Labor Day?
End of Summer?
Ides of August?
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote