Old 06-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
Hello all, is there room for one more? I was doing Atkins for about 5 months- lost 45 lbs then life threw me a plot twist and I gained part of it back by not placing me and my health on equal footing with everyone else. After reading the thread, I feel better knowing that I am not alone.
Auntie! and sorry to hear about your plot twist!
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Auntie
WOE: LOw Carb
Start Date: 6/20/14
Thank you so much Jo. I was reading your blog. So much wisdom, humor and what blessed results. You are truly an inspiration.
Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/260/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Thank you everyone for welcoming me back I'm feeling a bit better tonight, though still coughing a bit. I can't wait to participate more!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Hiya Sk8ter, glad you hear you are on the mend. Congrats on your success and progress.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/260/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Thank you Auntie! Like you I seem to be have been doing stuff for everyone else all the time, time for us to care of ourselves now!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #366
Junior LCF Member

Amen!!! I was thinking about that earlier today, IF I don't take care of me, who is going to take care of them? Empowering and sobering at the same time.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Welcome Aunite and welcome back Sk8termom.

The more the merrier. We all have our different stories with a common theme.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:56 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Saturday, 21 June 2014

Wow less than 2 weeks for the 4th of July Challenge to be reached. Wishing everyone heartfelt SUCCESS on achieving their personal goals!!

I'm still hanging in there. Haven't lost any more, so I'm a happy camper!

Getting stuff ready for my one week vacation to Florida starting Monday -- I didn't have to take out the "big" suitcase for all my clothes...
Old 06-21-2014, 05:33 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/231/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
slendercate, qurlybee, and Auntie !

sk8trmom - welcome back, glad you're feeling better and WTG on the 20 pounds !

Mary - hoping you get the meds straightened out

Jo - have a happy vacation!

Cindy - thinking of you
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good morning everyone! Yay!!!! 249.5!! Finally under 250!! Hoping to hold under and never cross over again!! Going to be extra careful today. Going to lunch with my sister. She is also LCing, thank goodness.

Welcome, Welcome Auntie!!!! You have done great!! We all understand how life can get in the way. We seem to put everyone ahead of ourselves. This is a time in our lives that we have to think of our own health and know we will be a better person for our friends and family if we are healthy ourselves. You are worth it!!! You are important too!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I read all the posts and have way too much to say to use this iPad. Welcome our new friends, congratulations on our weight loss and other victories. Continuing to keep you all in my prayers for all your personal needs, too!

Today I'm down to 222, which is exactly 20 lbs since May 7 and it's been relatively painless. My goal has been to see 219 by July 4 so there's a good chance that I will be getting that massage next month!

Are we going to continue together in another challenge? I hope so!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Good morning everyone! Yay!!!! 249.5!! Finally under 250!! Hoping to hold under and never cross over again!! Going to be extra careful today. Going to lunch with my sister. She is also LCing, thank goodness.
HUGE on being under 250!!!! Makes life easier when you're eating with someone that understands our WOE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post

Today I'm down to 222, which is exactly 20 lbs since May 7 and it's been relatively painless. My goal has been to see 219 by July 4 so there's a good chance that I will be getting that massage next month!

Are we going to continue together in another challenge? I hope so!
HUGE on your 20lbs since May 7th -- that's awesome!!!

I'm up to another Challenge month!!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4
WOE: M&E + Wine!
Start Date: October 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Welcome
Qurly- Sounds like a doable goal! You got this!!
Thanks so much, cloud9!
Have you thought about cranberry capsules instead? I keep seeing the adverts for them on tv. People take them for UTIs. Would that work for your foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Wow that's an awesome goal -- where you going?

Wishing you heartfelt success on achieving your goal!!
Thanks so much!
I am just going to Ocean City in MD, but it's also a reunion with my friends who haven't seen me much since I moved to Texas. The last time they saw me, I weighed 169 so I really want to be closer to where I was at my lowest (137.6) before I gained last month to surprise them!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:44 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
I am just going to Ocean City in MD, but it's also a reunion with my friends who haven't seen me much since I moved to Texas. The last time they saw me, I weighed 169 so I really want to be closer to where I was at my lowest (137.6) before I gained last month to surprise them!
It's always fun to see peeps you haven't seen in a while in a thinner "sexier" body! You'll have to tell us their reaction!
Old 06-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Saturday Check In ~ No change with the DH. Wish I had answers for fixing things but I'm praying something will happen and clarity will be reached.

Although still incredibly sad, feeling very grateful to be solidly back on plan.

Slender ~ Thanks for explanation about IF, sounds very interesting and so happy that it is working for you. Best thing about this group is everyone is doing what works for them.

Qurlybee ~ Your holidays sounds awesome.

Oncloud ~ Have a great lunch with DS and I'm so happy to hear that your foot is better.

JustJo ~ only once a day .... what time?

JoanneO ~ Grateful for the thoughts. How are you?

Bronwyn
Auntie ~ Looking forward to getting to know you.

sk8termom ~ Glad you are feeling better.

Mary ~ what ended up happing with the dog?
Old 06-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slendercate
Stats: 188/177/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: January 2014
Hi, y'all,

Doing well today. Started some exercise, 15 minutes light walking on uneven surfaces (hills) etc, near my home. First exercise in a week, but bronchitis is getting better gradually.
Scale the same, but glad to be feeling better.

Bronmyn, congrats on the weight loss since May. Way to go.

cindym, will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Here is to a great weekend all.
slendercate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Went to the Animal Shelter today figuring either Binzi had been adopted or was still not able to be adopted. It was neither. Binzi's owner had been found. Binzi was a stray. Binzi was originally given to the owner's mother. The mother was taken ill and put into the hospital. The mother gave Binzi to a friend. Binzi ran away and became a stray. He was found running the streets and brought to the shelter with a microchip. The shelter had tried to contact the owner without luck. Last week the owner came to town from Florida. We live in New Hampshire. An appt was made for the owner to meet with the shelter director but she never showed up. I was hopeful that Binzi would be returned to his rightful owner. That's the way it should have been. If I was the owner I would have wanted my dog back. But the shelter said if the owner doesn't come by Monday, they lose their rights to the dog. The shelter has had the dog for 3 weeks, they have neutered, operated and removed 4 teeth, put the dog on antibiotics and nursed the dog back to health and the owner doesn't seem to care.

There are no guarantees but Binzi will be available Monday. I have a rehab appt until 1:30 pm on Monday. They know this. I would have to take a cab or paratransit from the rehab to the shelter to put the hold ticket on the dog so that my husband can come after work and pick us up at 4:30 and take us home. God willing, we will have Binzi on Monday. Otherwise, Binzi will be with whoever gets there first. It is nerve wracking but I am at peace with the whole thing. If we don't get him, I am going to look into a schnoodle rescue somewhere.

Last edited by MaryMary; 06-21-2014 at 05:27 PM..
Old 06-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's always fun to see peeps you haven't seen in a while in a thinner "sexier" body! You'll have to tell us their reaction!
Will do!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/238/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Still firmly on plan but having some old cravings-taco bell, cake, and for some odd reason pie-which really was not an issue for me before this WOE.
Does anyone else have this problem? I wonder if it is something I'll have to deal with off and on forever.

Bronwyn on the 20lbs!
Mary- I hope Binzi is there when you get there.
Cindy- I'm praying for you.
Congratulations Oncloud. That is a huge milestone. I'm 5 lbs away myself. Can't wait!
JustJo-Enjoy Florida!
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:21 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post

JustJo ~ only once a day .... what time?
As late in the day as possible, Cindy, usually by 5 or 6 pm. I like to call it:
"I'm NOT hungry until I put something in my Mouth!" Syndrome. If I eat earlier, I could seriously graze all day long... it makes me hungrier. I'm a big eater, I love to feel "full" when I'm done, so I only eat once and it takes care of that too!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:23 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post

There are no guarantees but Binzi will be available Monday. I have a rehab appt until 1:30 pm on Monday. They know this. I would have to take a cab or paratransit from the rehab to the shelter to put the hold ticket on the dog so that my husband can come after work and pick us up at 4:30 and take us home. God willing, we will have Binzi on Monday. Otherwise, Binzi will be with whoever gets there first. It is nerve wracking but I am at peace with the whole thing. If we don't get him, I am going to look into a schnoodle rescue somewhere.
I hope you get Binzi, if not, the dog you do get will literally be "one lucky dog"!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:29 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLynn View Post
Still firmly on plan but having some old cravings-taco bell, cake, and for some odd reason pie-which really was not an issue for me before this WOE.
Does anyone else have this problem? I wonder if it is something I'll have to deal with off and on forever.
I wonder if it was something you ate that gave you cravings??

I haven't had cravings, in I don't know how long. I am still surprised that I don’t think about eating those toxic, poisonous, insidious, crappy killer carbs and I used to love to eat them so much.

For me persoanlly, eating doesn’t have the same meaning as it did before. I am eating to live not living to eat (yeah, Ben Franklin said that). I’m not sure that eating doesn’t have the same meaning or it doesn’t play the same role in my life. As I think about the role carb-y foods had in “Fat Jo’s” life, it kind of reminds me of a drug addict wondering when and where the next “fix” is coming from. I’d barely finish one crappy carb-y meal/food and I’d wonder what next crappy carb-y meal/food I was going to have. It really was like that drug addict. So I really am a recovering morbidly obese carb addict!!

“Hi, I’m Jo, and I’ve been ultra-low carb for 391 days.” Isn’t that what they do at 12-step programs?
Old 06-22-2014, 04:29 AM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

JustJo, I totally relate. The urge to eat the crappy carbs is held at bay so long as I don't take the first bit of them, but when I do, it sets off the obsessive thoughts and I can't stop thinking about eating thm until they are all gone or I have made myself sick. It can happen even with healthy foods. It is one reason why I use a kitchen scale to weigh & measure my portions at mealtime. The meter in my brain that measures satiety doesn't work, even now.

I am Mary, and I am a food addict and compulsive overeater. I love to eat, so I do it just 3 times a day.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:40 AM   #384
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColoMtnLady
Stats: 296/216/140
Start Date: Jan 2014
Cloud - yay, yay, yay on being under 250. That is great.

Welcome Auntie, wouldn't it be great to kick all of life's curves to the curb but the best we can do is deal with them, tyring to keep ouselves and our health first.

Just Jo, have fun on your get-away. What an accomplishment you have to show for yourself to those who have not seen you in awhile. How fun.

Mary, here's hoping Binzi is yours. We had to put our two dogs down about a year ago and my DH says no more pets because he doesn't want to have to do that again. For now I am ok being petless.

I leave Thursday for a long weekend back to the town where we lived for 32 years. I have not been there in 6 months and 60 lbs ago. I went shopping yesterday and got some great new, smaller clothes. First time in a long time that I actually enjoyed shopping. I have been focusing so hard on this goal of seeing everyone this weekend, I need to find something to replace that goal so that I don't back slide once this is over. I am a little scared but I hope my resolve and will power will keep me going down.
ColoMtnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:46 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
"Hi, I’m Jo, and I’ve been ultra-low carb for 391 days.” Isn’t that what they do at 12-step programs?
Ha!
Love that!
I much prefer eating larger meals, too, now that I don't count cals. I either ate within a window or ate 1-2 meals when I was primal and I really liked it but I got impatient with the slower weight loss of having higher carbs. I hadn't thought of doing it with VLC. I may try that soon!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slendercate
Stats: 188/177/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: January 2014
Hi, y'all,

JoLynn, though my cravings are usually pretty much under control, every once and a while, I really want something sweet that I never had a problem with before.

I don't know if I will always have this problem, but I usually get into this trap when I am under stress and look outside my list of legal comfort foods.

Hope this helps.
slendercate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

MaryMary- Hope you get your doggy! If not, you have a great attitude as usual and you can get another!!

Have fun on your trip Lady! A short trip can really do so much good!!

JJ- What part of Florida are you visiting? Florida is my favorite vacation spot!! Been going since I was a teenager. Have been to many parts but Panama City Beach is my favorite. Probably because it's the shortest drive! Lol Haven't been yet this year but have reservations for a week in August and a week in September.

JoLynn- My sweet cravings come when I'm in a restaurant. They always have the pictures right in front of you!! At home it's snack foods. I want chips and nuts.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Qurly- I haven't heard about the cranberry capsules. I will definitely check into them!! Thanks so much!!
Old 06-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Lady- Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about the new you!!!
Old 06-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Slender- Glad the bronchitis is getting better and way to go on starting to exercise!! I just haven't been able to get motivated.