Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
Welcome Strawberry !

Mary - sending good thoughts for your husband... +1 on any puppy updates?

Cindy - sending positive thoughts your way

ColoMtn - way to go on avoiding cookies ! (I always liked the batter better than the cooked cookies)

Changing things up a bit with my menu, cutting way down on the dairy products. I was practically eating my weight in cheese everyday.

Hope everyone has a great day
Holy Hannah, Jo, I have the same problem with cheese. First I thought that the cheese was affecting my metabolism (it's easier to blame something else than yourself eh?) so I went back and looked at my Food Log. And come to find out I was way over doing the cheese cause I have portion control issues!! So I don't do cheese or nuts for that reason... hey at least I know my weaknesses.
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2014, 03:52 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
I've made my rounds coupon shopping. Bought a pair of name brand jeans at Goodwill that I cannot zip. I will happily inform you all when I can wear them!! LOL 251.5 this morning. Hopefully will keep going down and at least get under 250. HoHum
congrats on the loss!! Every lb down is one lb closer to your goal weight... I'm over here cheering you onward and DOWNWARD!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:55 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
If you meet your July 4 goal, will you reward yourself? If so, would you mind sharing? I'm thinking of some sort of spa thing, like a deep tissue massage.
Is a huge choc'late cake out of the question? I'm just KIDDING -- I hate choc'late....

Actually, I'm not doing very well on my 4th of July Challenge at all cause I think I've lost another pound... I'll let you know tomorrow...
Old 06-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLynn View Post
Had a good shopping day. Went to try on dresses and I am 2 sizes smaller! Found a cute dress to wear to work.
When I got to my car my left foot started cramping and wouldn't stop for about 10 minutes. It was a sight! I was writhing in pain trying to massage it out. Had to get out of car and walk around, step on my left foot with the right one to try to add pressure. All the while gasping and moaning, sweating and grabbing the car to steady me-it was awful. At one point I was able to get back in the car when the pain had subsided only to have it cramp up again once I had taken my weight off of it. It was so weird. My 2nd and 4th toes on my left foot had a mind of their own and were not in their proper positions. My 4th toe was twisting to the left and the 2nd toe was trying to stick straight up!
I'm laughing at it now but my foot is still sore 3 hrs later!
I guess I need to start taking potassium?!
Congrats on down 2 dress sizes... that's AWESOME!!!

Wow hope you're better now and never EVER experience that cramping again!!!

Early on I used to get leg cramps only when I was sleeping... I started taking 1 potassium (595 mg) but that didn’t resolve the cramping so my doc increased it to 2 and I'm happy to say I am cramp-free!

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-19-2014 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: Silly fingers...UGH!!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:05 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
JoLynn-- Sorry about those cramps!! I get them without potassium too! Congrats on smaller clothes!! WooHoo!!

Joanne- Good luck with your tweaking the diet!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:51 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Strawberry - for me, this is a "work in progress".. find myself modifying quite a bit, and you may too. Just don't let it get you discouraged.

Bronwyn - hadn't really thought about rewards, but spa massage sounds wonderful !

JoLynn - congrats on losing 2 dress sizes, that's awesome !

Cloud - congrats on the loss, way to go ! You'll be in those pants in no time !

Cutting way back on the dairy seems to be helping, down 3 pounds in 3 days. Now to research some new recipe's that don't have cheese in it LOL
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Actually, I'm not doing very well on my 4th of July Challenge at all cause I think I've lost another pound... I'll let you know tomorrow...
Good luck figuring it out ...
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Wow ... where did Wednesday go? Still on plan and very grateful. Last night at a business event, I had some cheese, meat, 2 strawberries and about 10 blueberries - very proud of myself. Came home to hamburger and cabbage soup, with a little grated cheese and sour cream - yummy.

Nothing has happened either way with DH .... we went to a marriage encounter weekend a few years ago so we have been writing back and forth. He is currently on afternoons and we don't really seem much of each other anyway. Seeing what will happen on the weekend.

Strawberry ~ on the pounds gone and I look forward to getting to know more about you.

How are you Patience?

Mary ~ Hope changing the meds works for DH's headaches and anxiety.

ColoMtnLady ~ Way to go making cookies and not eating them. I don't think I could ever do that.

JoLynn ~ So awesome about the 2 sizes gone and finding a cute new dress. Thanks - Working so far and focusing on what I am going to eat the next day is helping keep my mind busy. Reading a good book is also helping.

Thanks JoanneO ~ 3 pounds in 3 days

Oncloud ~ You are doing great, it won't be long until you can zip up those jeans.

Bronwyn ~ I think rewards are awesome. For me it is usually a facial, pedicure or massage.

JustJo ~ Did I read that you hate chocolate Thanks for sharing the quote. Your inspiration and posts are awesome.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4/6
WOE: Low Carb Vegan
Start Date: September 2014
Oops... just realized what the century club is.
Sorry!

Last edited by qurlybee; 06-19-2014 at 10:02 AM..
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slendercate
Stats: 188/177/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: January 2014
Starting over and needing a challenge

Hello,

This challenge is just what I need.

I have 40 lbs to lose to get to my first goal.

I have lost 13 lbs since January 2014 on LC diet <50gms day and IF.

Would love to join the challenge as I believe the it would really help me.

Is there room for one more?
slendercate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post

JustJo ~ Did I read that you hate chocolate Thanks for sharing the quote. Your inspiration and posts are awesome.
Awwwww shucks, thanks Cindy!

Oh yeah, I dislike it sooo much that my principal puts me in charge of the Choc'late bar fundraiser at school each year. She knows I won't eat any of the profits. I can barely stand the smell of it. Hey but I sold almost $10,000 worth this year and we have less than 200 kiddos in the school. I'm a choc'late selling fool!!

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-19-2014 at 02:46 PM..
Old 06-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
Good luck figuring it out ...
I'll get it figured out... slowly but surely!! Thanks, Jo
Old 06-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slendercate View Post
Hello,

This challenge is just what I need.

I have 40 lbs to lose to get to my first goal.

I have lost 13 lbs since January 2014 on LC diet <50gms day and IF.

Would love to join the challenge as I believe the it would really help me.

Is there room for one more?
We're like Diet Jell-O -- there's always room for Jell-O!! slendercate!

Huge on your first 13 lbs! Tell me more about your IF... I think I'm doing that as well, but I don't know -- maybe I'm doing my version of IF, I'm such a rebel!! ...

Wishing you SUCCESS on your LC WOE journey!
Old 06-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Oops... just realized what the century club is.
Sorry!
qurlybee!!

Don't be sorry... you can stay if you have a 4th of July Challenge or not. We'd love to have you!!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
It's been a busy couple days.

The doggie adoption is still up in the air. We stooped over there yesterday and they weren't open. We stopped today and we were too early by 30 minutes, then we were busy the rest of the day. Tomorrow Binzi may be available but I have a repairman coming in the morning so if he is available and if I cannot get there, I will lose out. Too much stress. If it is God's will, it will be. If not, something else will come along. I saw a cute little puppy in a pet shop, too expensive, called a schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle) mix, who was adorable, 8 weeks old, but we would have to do shots, neuter and microchip, so that would add another $400 or so. It would cost too much. But he was adorable. I am going to google schnoodles.

The initials in my WOE I would have to look. It's been a while. The NMW means no matter what. I makes no excuses, and try to do this no matter what, who, where, why, when, etc. you get it. The GS is simply the color of the paper my food plan was printed on when I was first given a copy of it.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Here's the rest of what I started to write before my system crashed.

ETL mean Eat to Live for Plant Strong 98% vegan (no meat, eggs or dairy). If I go out to a restaurant I might have seafood but not always. Yesterday I had tofu in the restaurant. For mean Vegan is not a religion so you could say I flex or am considered a flexitarian. But I don't buy it for myself. I gave up my greek yogurt last November and my last meat meal last October. I had the yogurt a couple times after my accident because I developed an infection and had to go on antobiotics. I had it to reintoduce the good stuff back into my body. In the processI have been saddened by the way animals are treated and just decided no more for me. It is strictly a personal decision. I get about 30-40 grams fiber a day. I am still trying to find the right maintenance pkan because since the accident, everything got thrown upside down.

We won't know sbout DH's med chg for a week or so to see if it has an effect on him. Keeping our fingers crossed.

I found out yesterday that one of my meds could be causing some of my emotional problems and the topomax could be causing the smell/taste problems..the neurologist said she could take me off the Keppra (to reduce the emotional upheaval) if that is the cause but would have to increase the topomax. The only side effect is my taste buds could get worse. Everything already taste pretty bland and I am getting used to it, I would rather have my emotional sanity back. So they did some blood work. We'll see.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/284/130
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
If you meet your July 4 goal, will you reward yourself? If so, would you mind sharing? I'm thinking of some sort of spa thing, like a deep tissue massage.
If I meet my goal, I'm treating myself to a new bottle of nail polish and a pedicure.
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/284/130
Start Date: June 2014
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

ColoMtnLady - way to go with those cookies! I have been giving some advance thought to my usual holiday cookie baking which family and friends look forward to. At this moment I'm not sure I could do it without eating some of them, but you give me hope that I might be able to when Christmas comes around.

It's only been a little over a week but I'm already noticing many non-scale victories. My mood has improved. I've started doing more around the house - getting things accomplished plus some crafts. I seem to have more energy. And the best to me is that I have very little desire to binge eat! I have rarely thought about late night snacks, and if it creeps in I stop and think about if I'm really hungry. Most times I have recognized that I am just bored or tired.
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:17 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/264/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Can I come back to this challenge please? I had a nasty bronchial infection over the last few days, but have started eating normally again, and drinking lots of fluids. I've lost 4 more lbs, hopefully most of it real at this point since I don't feel dehydrated. I'm down 20 lbs!!!!! My clothes are definitely fitting much bigger and some of my biggest pants look just awful now. Hope everyone is doing well.
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:36 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Yay!!! sk8!! So glad to have you back!! 20lbs!!! Wow!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Friday Check In ~ Feeling grateful to be on plan. Thought I might be rewarded with a loss on the scale but it was the same. No changes in my personal life.

Don't be sorry qurlybee ~ we are an awesome group and you are welcome to join us.

Slender and on the pounds gone. What is IF? Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

JustJo ~ WOW that is a lot of chocolate. We need you to help with our fundraising

Mary ~ So scary that medications to make one thing better can make other things so bad.

Back sk8termom on the 20 pounds gone and hope you are feeling better soon.

Oncloud ~ How are you feeling?
cindym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slendercate
Stats: 188/177/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: January 2014
Hello, y'all,

Thank you Just Jo and cindym for the welcome.

IF is intermentant fasting. There are many forms, but the one I use and seems to be working for me is starting my first meal of the day at 11am and my last one at 7pm, a narrow window for eating, but the weight is coming off and I feel so much better.

I started it in May and it has made a difference in my energy and I think, has aided in the weight loss.

I originally read about it from Dr. Mercola's website, Dr. Mercola, which has a lot of great tips(I think) about recent research.

Wow, Just Jo, $10,000 is a lot of chocolate!

Have a good day, all.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4/6
WOE: Low Carb Vegan
Start Date: September 2014
Thanks so much, Jo!
My goal is to lose at least 5.6 lbs by July 3 to put me at 140 for my getaway!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome slender and qurly!!!

Slender- I haven't read anything about the Dr. but will check it out. Always interested in new ideas.

Qurly- Sounds like a doable goal! You got this!!

Cindy- My foot is way better but I am being cautious about the shoes I wear. Don't want anything bringing it back for a long time. I am drinking about 2oz of black cherry juice a day as per doc's orders. Sure hate wasting those carbs and natural sugar!!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Here's the rest of what I started to write before my system crashed.

ETL mean Eat to Live for Plant Strong 98% vegan (no meat, eggs or dairy). If I go out to a restaurant I might have seafood but not always. Yesterday I had tofu in the restaurant. For mean Vegan is not a religion so you could say I flex or am considered a flexitarian. But I don't buy it for myself. I gave up my greek yogurt last November and my last meat meal last October. I had the yogurt a couple times after my accident because I developed an infection and had to go on antobiotics. I had it to reintoduce the good stuff back into my body. In the processI have been saddened by the way animals are treated and just decided no more for me. It is strictly a personal decision. I get about 30-40 grams fiber a day. I am still trying to find the right maintenance pkan because since the accident, everything got thrown upside down.

We won't know sbout DH's med chg for a week or so to see if it has an effect on him. Keeping our fingers crossed.

I found out yesterday that one of my meds could be causing some of my emotional problems and the topomax could be causing the smell/taste problems..the neurologist said she could take me off the Keppra (to reduce the emotional upheaval) if that is the cause but would have to increase the topomax. The only side effect is my taste buds could get worse. Everything already taste pretty bland and I am getting used to it, I would rather have my emotional sanity back. So they did some blood work. We'll see.
Thanks for the explanation about your WOE. Sending good vibes for both you and your DH. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
If I meet my goal, I'm treating myself to a new bottle of nail polish and a pedicure.
How lovely -- do you have the nail polish shade picked out?

Not "IF" but WHEN, Strawberry, cause I'm over here cheering you onward and DOWNWARD!!

The difference between an adventure and an ordeal is ATTITUDE...
Old 06-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom View Post
Can I come back to this challenge please? I had a nasty bronchial infection over the last few days, but have started eating normally again, and drinking lots of fluids. I've lost 4 more lbs, hopefully most of it real at this point since I don't feel dehydrated. I'm down 20 lbs!!!!! My clothes are definitely fitting much bigger and some of my biggest pants look just awful now. Hope everyone is doing well.
Back and sorry to hear you were under the weather!! Huge on your 20lb loss... WTG!!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Auntie
WOE: LOw Carb
Start Date: 6/20/14
Hello all, is there room for one more? I was doing Atkins for about 5 months- lost 45 lbs then life threw me a plot twist and I gained part of it back by not placing me and my health on equal footing with everyone else. After reading the thread, I feel better knowing that I am not alone.
Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slendercate View Post
Hello, y'all,

Thank you Just Jo and cindym for the welcome.

IF is intermentant fasting. There are many forms, but the one I use and seems to be working for me is starting my first meal of the day at 11am and my last one at 7pm, a narrow window for eating, but the weight is coming off and I feel so much better.

I started it in May and it has made a difference in my energy and I think, has aided in the weight loss.

I originally read about it from Dr. Mercola's website, Dr. Mercola, which has a lot of great tips(I think) about recent research.

Wow, Just Jo, $10,000 is a lot of chocolate!

Have a good day, all.
to you that IF is working for you!! I only eat once a day since 5 July 2013. Before being 100% committed to this LC WOE, I only ate twice a day and it was like a 6 hour window -- a window of eating is what got me into this mess, okay it wasn't structured or anything!!

So what does one call just eating once a day?
Old 06-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Thanks so much, Jo!
My goal is to lose at least 5.6 lbs by July 3 to put me at 140 for my getaway!
Wow that's an awesome goal -- where you going?

Wishing you heartfelt success on achieving your goal!!