Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   The May Day Challenge (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/826214-may-day-challenge.html)

MaryMary 03-19-2014 02:47 PM

The May Day Challenge

Come join us on the May Day Challenge through May 1, 2014. Think of the amazing things we can accomplish in 6 weeks!!! The rules are: No Rules! Feel free to join during any stage of this challenge!!

Pick your own personal challenge based on whatever is important to you! and come report in whenever it suits you. Some will have a specific weight loss as a goal and some of us will have goals based only on desirable behaviors. We are all at a different place on this journey A goal could be as simple as coming in to post .. Think outside the box. What do **you** need to keep you going?

We Can Do This!

thecloude1 03-20-2014 02:48 PM

:hiya: which one are we using?

Patience 03-21-2014 07:20 AM

We can use this one, I just started the other because I wasn't sure Mary was going to. Finally spring! At least by the calendar. The sun is shining here today so I am going to partake of it.

thecloude1 03-21-2014 11:16 AM

:up: sounds good....my goal is the same as last time....get into the 250's ...I've been messing around up and down since Christmas!

JoanneO 03-21-2014 11:34 AM

I'm in ! Goal is to be at 220 on May 1

oncloud9now2 03-21-2014 12:17 PM

My goal is to be 250lbs May 1st. I am at 256 now.

pawleys14 03-22-2014 11:59 AM

I am in.......:up:

oncloud9now2 03-23-2014 03:10 PM

I'm not doing too well. 258 this morning. How are all you doing?

alabama sunshine 03-24-2014 11:52 AM

How are you doing Mary? I'm still workout and I have lost another 4pounds.Hoping I can lose 40 pounds by july.

thecloude1 03-24-2014 02:04 PM

:hiya: hello everyone.....hope you all are well and happy :D. Not much going on here....feeling so much better! I decided to switch plans last week and so far I'm happy with the decision :clap:

ladyinlove56 03-24-2014 06:03 PM

Hi everyone...would love to join you if I may...

Same goal as JoanneO ....220 by May 1

Started walking on my threadmill last night so that is added to my plan :)

I am journaling too on this journey...

Nice meeting yall...:)

cindym 03-24-2014 10:43 PM

I'm in ~ I'm doing really good with 1 mile walking tape (5 x per week) and averaging over 5,000 steps per day.

Goals for this challenge:
Exercise as above
Post daily - for accountability
Lose 3 pounds

Mary ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. :aprayer::aprayer: for speedy recovery!

Michele ~ What's the new plan?

Patience ~ We have been having sun but looking forward to some warmth soon.

JoanneO ~ Great goal!

Oncloud9now2 ~ I'm doing good, I only weigh once a week.

:congrats: Winifred on the 4 pounds gone!!

:welcome: Lady ~ Looking forward to getting to know you.

ladyinlove56 03-25-2014 10:16 AM

Just in to say goodmorning.... it is 10am and 77 so it is nice for us here in the desert but will get hotter soon... Have to get out early to put them weeds I need to get out....I have to get out and run to the library this afternoon...DH's author doesn't have any books to download on my kindle so have to get the real books at the library....lol

Have started walking on my threadmill at night...
The scales were good so I got my pen out and marked down my loss this morning..
Small goal to reach before we go on a little getaway to California in a week...

Since I am home now I keep several projects going to keep busy...I am not working on cross stitching projects......

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day...:)

thecloude1 03-25-2014 06:27 PM

Cindy: I'm giving Weight Watchers a shot....doing the simple start for 2 weeks :D

cindym 03-25-2014 07:46 PM

Tuesday accountability post. Did my walking tape twice today because I'm not able to do it tomorrow due to meetings and walked 8,075. Ate on plan even though work was brutal today!!! Just one of those days :(

Oh, it snowed and rained .... some Spring we are having.

:congrats: Lady ~ Always nice when we can record a loss. I'm dreaming of 77.

Awesome Michele ~ I've always said, my hat is off to whatever plan works :high5:

JoLynn 03-25-2014 10:19 PM

I'd like to join the challenge!

My goal: working out on my elliptical for at least 1/2 hr a day
drink more water

JoanneO 03-26-2014 05:49 AM

JoLynn - Welcome ! Wow, hats off to you, 30 minutes on an elliptical is one heck of a workout !!

Michele - glad you found a plan that is working better for you

Lady - congrats on your loss ! Enjoy your CA trip, my brother lives in the San Jose are, we love to go visit

Cindy - eventually we'll get some nice weather ... I've started the walking tape too, I really like it ..

Enjoy the day everyone

ladyinlove56 03-26-2014 08:54 AM

Working on that water toooo...
Walking alittle longer and faster on my threadmill.
Searching for new LC recipes...
Trying on clothes for my little trip next week...

Jesika1208 03-26-2014 09:04 AM

Been back on Atkins for about a week and I'm at 222, from 228, so I'm happy I guess. But I keep going from 222 to like 225 for the past four days. I already feel stuck. Maybe I shouldn't check the scaled daily? Any words of advice or some inspiration?? :(

ladyinlove56 03-26-2014 12:16 PM

Jesika....I understand about the scales going up and down even if it is a . something...I hate it...but I keep my weight on a calendar and I only post those days I lose then I don't see those days my scales lie to me lol....I don't let the scales own me...I know that I am on track just because they don't...lol

jessworth 03-26-2014 12:27 PM

I would like to join in! My goal will be 245 by May Day! I am weighing tomorrow, which will give me my exact starting weight.

Jesika1208 03-26-2014 02:57 PM

Ladyinlove- I'm starting to see that the scale is not my best friend right now!

ladyinlove56 03-26-2014 06:00 PM

I agree Jesika...some days it makes me hate it and then I just tell myself its just a machine that doesn't know its math...LOL

cindym 03-26-2014 10:40 PM

Happy Wednesday (daily accountability) ~ Great day but just home. I volunteered after work for the Toastmaster competition. 7,295 steps, no walking tape tonight - I am too tired.

New added goal for this challenge is to drink more water!!

Also found some very interesting low carb kale chips at the store.

:welcome: Jo ~ Loking forward to getting to know more about you.

Joanne ~ We had a few glimpses of sun today in between the rain.

Lady ~ Please share whatever great ones that you find?

:welcome: Jesika ~ Looking forward to getting to know more about you. Scale is not my friend. Personally I can only weigh once per week because the up and down daily fluctuation make me frustrated. There are so many opinions, you will find what works best for you. Especially because everyone is so different.

:welcome: Jess ~ Looking forward to getting to know more about you.

JoLynn 03-27-2014 12:12 AM

Wednesday check in-
Well I bit off a bit more than I could chew- my goal-1/2 hr on elliptical- I could only do 15 min before I felt like I would pass out. Lol. So I've got a goal within a goal to work up to that 30 min.:D
Scale showed 1 lb loss this week ( I weigh every Wed.)
Did ok on the water today. I'm going to drink 1 more large cup this evening.

Kath17 03-27-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoLynn (Post 16852276)
Wednesday check in-
Well I bit off a bit more than I could chew- my goal-1/2 hr on elliptical- I could only do 15 min before I felt like I would pass out. Lol. So I've got a goal within a goal to work up to that 30 min.:D

JoLynn, 15 minutes is still impressive. :) I still can't make it past 4 or 5 minutes without feeling like passing out. Just keep at it and you'll work up to the 30 minute goal. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindym (Post 16852262)
Happy Wednesday (daily accountability) ~ Great day but just home. I volunteered after work for the Toastmaster competition. 7,295 steps.

Cindy, I'm always so impressed by your dedication to working out. You and JoLynne have made me decide to do a short workout before work today!:)

I hope Mary is doing ok:aprayer:

ladyinlove56 03-27-2014 07:30 AM

I notice that my scales tell me I have had a lb. loss every 2days since I started ......the days in between always show a .2.6 or.8 gain ...then back down the next day....that scale just cant make it's mind up on those days .....LOL

Supper last night was...fried cabbage with alittle tomatoes added....and seasonings ...added Owens ground turkey on top....I use that Oscar turkey or pork in the pkg... a lot...easy to just throw with any veggie or omelet...

No measurement taken here but I know my clothes are looking better now....
GOAL.....to change that elastic waistband for a zipper in my jeans......

pawleys14 03-27-2014 07:36 AM

cindy - wow walking tape twice :notwrthy:

Michele - good luck on WW - I have done WW. but being a diabetic Atkins works better for me... three of my friends are on WW and they are doing great.

lady - walking on threadmill - :clap:

jesika - sorry the scale is giving you such a hard time :console:

jo - :up: on your 1 pound loss... every bit helps... and dong 15 min on your elliptical :clap: and drink your water.. I find that it really helps me... I always try to have a glass of ice water with me...

truly upset with myself.... was trying sooo hard and then just went off the rails.... think that is why I have not been posting.... just so ashamed of myself.... I want this sooo much... and only have 7 1/2 weeks until I go to Michigan.... and I really blew it...

but really trying to get back on track.... no junk food in my home... and measuring everything..... and today did 1 1/2 hour of my water aerobics... really felt good but a tad tired... and this afternoon going to do my walking tape... will try for the two mile... will see if I can do 2 miles...I know that I have to really set up my exercise to get my weight off.... I just have to get my mind set in place...... thanks for letting me vent...

hope that everyone has a great day....

pawleys14 03-27-2014 07:38 AM

lady - your supper last evening sounds :yummy:

ladyinlove56 03-27-2014 09:35 AM

Pawley....it was lol
I like it here...I would rather confess that I got off track and return than to just let it go and gain more and more...it is nothing ever to be ashamed of...This is the place to stay and work it out with yourself...I learn everyday something new from someones post or see pictures of their losses...This is a mental journey too...You have to be happy with yourself to keep on track for along time...I just take my one day at a time
and enjoy my great little moments and get over those little mistakes I might make...Smile and move on... I will learn from the start here...then go thur the middle then onto the finish line then I will cont. to travel on that road that I know all the directions to go ...I will always remember all the pot holes I don't want to get caught up in again...:)