Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
On the Chinese front, I like egg drop soup.
Boy, you can really tell when I'm not babysitting, huh?
Gabby!! Lol
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Sunday Check In ~ Wow, what a night. Didn't get to bed until 4:30am and back up at 7:30am - I'm going to sleep good tonight. Haven't finished all of the counting but I'm thinking we did good.

My total steps yesterday were over 25,000 but my stepper is in a different room and I'm just way too lazy to go and get it.

Kathy ~ Loved those ideas, thanks for sharing.

Jess ~ Sounds interesting, I'm going to start looking for one close by.

Oncloud ~ Your dinner sounds

Patience ~ on the 2 pounds gone!

Sk8termom ~ How awesome that your clothes are feeling loose.

Hope everyone is having an amazing Sunday
Old 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Happy your event was a success, Cindy!!
Old 04-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Went to church, coupon shopped, visited Fox ( he walked on his own today!!!!) and have a big Boston butt in the oven! Sitting on my big Georgia butt now!!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Healing takes time and patience. Paitience is something I guess the good Lord needs to teach me. I am a bit short on it.

Somehow need to get the taxes done by Tuesday. Yuk! Or estimate enough so that we won't end up owing any interest or penalties. This is when procrastination doesn't pay. I am in a declutter mood right now. My DD called to say she has two coffee mugs for my hubby and she said she would take two of ours in exchange. I said she can take six of ours in exchange. My hubby hoards coffee mugs among other things. He was going to go to a flea market this morning and I said just remember "no coffee mugs!"

I might graduate from a walker to a cane this week if I can show I am steady enough and balance is good enough. I don't want to rush it, and know it will take time to heal.

Joanne, congrats on making it home! Great decision! What kind of surgery was it?

Last edited by MaryMary; 04-13-2014 at 07:19 PM..
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

So happy for your progress MaryMary!! Take your time. It's like this woe, it's not a race!!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Just had pulled pork bar-b-q and steamed broccoli. Yummy! Sitting here reading different threads.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

On my way to bed early tonight. Babysitting tomorrow and must get up early. Hope someone else comes in here to post on this 4-14-14 day!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/248/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Just returned from 4 days in Reno for daughter's volleyball tournament. Packed lots of food for the trip and stayed on plan! It was hard smelling the popcorn, pizza, French fries at the convention center but I didn't want to ruin the progress I'd made so far.
Hope the scale shows a loss on my Wed. weigh day!
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
It was my 5 day check in yesterday, was down another 2 for a total of 11, half way through the month, so I am hoping now to reach the 15-20 pounds loss-hope everyone is doing great
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:10 AM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Topmom101
Stats: 165.5/165/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 14, 2014
Good morning all, I am new to this board and new to low-carb dieting. I registered last night and have spent several hours lurking around the various threads. I have been struggling with my weight for years counting calories and WW for the most part. Somehow, I always end up in the 165 range which is a lot for someone who is only 5'1.

My daughter suggested LC and so I thought, why not? Yesterday was my first day. I welcome all suggestions. Should I go out and buy a book, if so, which one? Is there a website that can tell me what I need to know about carbs?

While doing some research yesterday, I was shocked to find out how many carbs there are in simple foods including all vegetables. I love vegetables and cook at least 2 fresh every night. It's vey confusing because WW tells you to eat lots of fruit and vegetables and limit fats and now should I eat cheese and eggs and beef, butter and oil is OK too? I guess it's going to take me a while to wrap my head around this new plan.

How many carbs should I limit myself to per day? Also, a silly question, but can I still have a glass of red wine a couple times a week? So far as long as I have the points on WW I can. What do you think? All help is appreciated. I am looking forward to getting to know you and seeing some weight loss. I know it's too late to join your May challenge but I am leaving for Aruba in exactly 8 weeks and would like to loose 10 to 15 pounds before then. Can it be done? Thanks again.
Topmom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Jolynn!! Staying on plan while traveling can be difficult but sounds like you did great!! Proud of you!!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Repto- I think you're going to make it!! That's amazing!!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Topmom- Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! I know what you're going through. LC is so different from what we always did in the past. The good thing is, you're not hungry all day! I read Dr. Atkins book. A lot of people do some form of his diet. Of course, there are other choices.
The main' bad ' carbs are from grains: bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, etc. If your carb count is coming from veggies, you'll do ok. A big salad using Romaine lettuce and just a few other small amounts of veggies will fill you up and not use up all your carbs for the day. Romaine contains fiber which is subtracted from total carbs. Don't forget to count dressing carbs. Induction is 20 carbs a day or less. Remember meats have no carbs so hamburger patties, tuna, chicken etc. would go great with that salad! I and many others eat eggs/cheese eggs or cheese/veggie omelet with bacon for breakfast.
This is the only'diet' I've ever done that I wasn't starving half the time. Drinking plenty of water helps too. This is just a little intro to the way of eating (woe) so I highly recommend reading the book.
Good luck! I think your goal is completely doable as most lose rather quickly in the beginning.
Post and read the posts of others to get and give support!
Get started, I'm pulling for you!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday Check In ~ Where oh where did Monday go. LOL Had to be at work at 6:30am .... after my event and 2 meetings last night, when I got home at 10pm, it was bed for me. I have pulled something in the back of my left knee, ouch. Still managed over 7,500 steps yesterday but no walking tape.

Event was great .... looks like we raised around $20,000.

Mary ~ So great to hear from you and sounds like you are doing great.

Oncloud ~ Glad your pulled pork was good. How do you make it. I've always wanted to learn how.

Way to go Jo ~ Hoping your hard work is rewarded on the scale!

Reptogirl

TopMom ~ Thanks for sharing and I look forward to getting to know more about you. Yes, I would recommend that you get Dr. Atkins book. I liked the original one, I think it is called Diet Revolution.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Healing takes time and patience. Paitience is something I guess the good Lord needs to teach me. I am a bit short on it.

I might graduate from a walker to a cane this week if I can show I am steady enough and balance is good enough. I don't want to rush it, and know it will take time to heal.

Joanne, congrats on making it home! Great decision! What kind of surgery was it?
Hi Mary, thanks .. I had a revision of a total hip replacement, initial surgery was in August, it got infected, had the hardware removed in October when I had an anti-biotic ceramic spacer in place of a hip joint put in. This surgery put hardware back.

Did you graduate to a cane ? I can't put any weight on the leg so I'm using a wheelchair until May 2 when I see the surgeon again, hopefully at that point I'll be able to start putting weight on it... patience is not my strong suit either
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about your knee Cindy! As much as you walk for your job, I know that's really painful. Prayers for you.

Poor Joanne, that surgery sounds very rough. Hope it heals quickly. BTW- Love your avatar!!

DH and I are having breakfast with DSis and BIL and playing Bingo.(It's free) Then coming home and DS will bring Fox by for us to keep till DIL gets home from work. Love that grandson!!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

DH won two times. Got gift cards for free drink and chicken biscuit.
Had fun with Fox. Going to bed early; got to get up early and babysit. Ate well today. Hope you all had a great day!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/266.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
it's time to vent - I've done well the last 10 days, my clothes are looser, but the scale just hasn't budged at all. Feeling frustrated. Hope everyone else is doing better.
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:04 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

sk8termom-hang in there. My daughter lost several lbs all at once and then nothing for 3 weeks. She stuck it out and was doing the happy dance this morning with a 3 lb whoosh. And I've noticed that if the scale is not moving, my stomach area seems "softer"-( squishy ) and I'll usually see a drop in the scale soon after that.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:18 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

My weigh day and I'm down 3 lbs!
Knee has been giving me problems lately so exercise has been sporadic. But food and water has been good.
I'm hosting Easter dinner and went out and bought cookies, candy and an angel food cake for our guests. But I also bought some sugar free candy for my family and some beautiful strawberries so we do not feel deprived. I'm planning on baking a ham and cheesy cauliflower casserole with a salad.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:59 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Nice going JoLynn on the three pounds, and planning for your event.
Be sure and send the cookies and stuff home with your guests.

sk8termom, inches and scale loss seem to alternate for a lot of people, so I'd take heart at your progress. Very important not to let that scale sabotage you!

Last edited by Patience; 04-17-2014 at 05:00 AM..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Right Patience. If the scale is not moving, you're probably losing inches!

Jolynn- Dinner sounds wonderful! How do you make the cauliflower casserole?

Gout flared up in my right foot! Right before Easter! Guess I'll have to watch Fox hunt eggs. I can barely walk!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Ouch, that sounds painful!
Hang in there, kid.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday Check In ~ Missed Wednesday and once again, I'm eating too much. Going to write in my journal and get back in the groove. Knee is slowly getting better .... planning on doing my walking tape tomorrow.

What is everyone's plan for Easter?

Thanks Oncloud ~ Bingo sounds fun.

JoanneO ~ Yikes, that sounds painful. Feel better soon.

Sorry you are feeling frustrated sk8termom but hang in there, if the clothes are looser the pounds will follow.

JoLynn ~ Sorry about your knee. Your dinner sounds

Patience ~ How are you?
Old 04-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Went to doc and gave me a steroid pack for the gout. Said to go back Monday if it's not better. Sure is painful!

Yay!! 252.5 this morning!! Chugging along. 250 is goal for May 1st.

Careful with that knee. Glad it's getting better.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Good Friday Check In ~ Went out for on plan dinner. Seemed weird, in the past my Mom would have made dinner but DD was making dinner for her friends and we are having dinner on Sunday. It was really busy.

Resting knee and therefore, didn't do walking tape

Oncloud ~ hoping the steroid pack (whatever that is) works quickly.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cindy. I can tell a difference this morning! It is a little better. I'm not about to cry at least. It's a pack of tablets. I take 6 the first day and then one less every day for 6 days down to one the last day. I think it was smart to rest your knee. Be sure it's ready before you put extra strain on it.

251.5 this morning!! Yay!!

Patience- Squishy stomach: I had just been complaining that my stomach felt floppy, soft and just bothering me. I lost2.5 lbs yesterday and 1lb today! Never noticed or thought about it before your post! You can bet I'll be watching for " squishy belly " from now on! Lol!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Pulled Pork
Bake slowly a Boston Butt for about 2 hours, turn off oven and let cool completely in oven. Put barbeque sauce on and return to oven about 2 hours more or until done. Temperature varies with size of roast. The cool down and second cooking are key to tenderness. I cover mine with foil.

Last edited by oncloud9now2; 04-19-2014 at 06:31 AM..
Old 04-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Yea, I did graduate to a cane. Tried going out to a meeting this morning for 90 minutes but was wiped out so when I came home, I laid down. Still trying to come up with a food plan. Taking it meal by meal right now. Eating very few veggies but not much. Protein bars are a life saver. Soynut butter and nuts. The medicines I have to take are screwing up my stomach and appetite. I eat because I know I have to and beacuse I don't want to get so hungry I might binge. I have no desire to cook. Have been using Amy's TV frozen dinners, canned soups and chilis. Praying for life to return to normal.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote