Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Thursday Check In ~ Another crazy day. Didn't even leave work until 8:30pm (another 14 hour day) .... too tired to make dinner (sadly, I didn't plan good) and way too tired for walking tape steps were 6,273

Food today was shake for breakfast, pepperoni and kale chips for lunch, cheese and pork rinds for dinner. Terrible as well as an epic fail on drinking enough water.

Good news, is I have the liquor licence for my upcoming event and some great donations.

Tomorrow is an all day leadership course. Love learning but the timing is bad. The Grand Opening of the new Thrift Store is on Saturday

Jo ~ 1 pound loss is awesome as well as 15 minutes on the elliptical.

Thanks Kath ~ except my dedication this week is not so good. How did your work out go?

Lady and your dinner sounded

Diane ~ Don't beat yourself up, we have all been there, done that!! Way to go getting back in the saddle, posting and getting back on track.

Mary ~ hoping we hear from you soon.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/238/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Lady- Congrats on the steady loss! I like your attitude about this being a journey and trying not to beat yourself up about the blips along the way.

Pawley- I'm glad that your are back and are posting. Cleaning your cupboards was a great start!

Kath- starting to work out has been so hard for me but I feel so good afterward-set small goals so you don't get burned out.

Had string cheese for Breakfast, had a wonderful Chipotle chicken salad for lunch and tuna salad for dinner. Did good on the water today.
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Cindy- Those long hours are rough. Maybe bring a cooler with more food- you didn't eat much today

Got my 15 min on the elliptical. Will try to up the time after a few days.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:13 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Thanks Kath ~ except my dedication this week is not so good. How did your work out go?
Cindy, Good luck today and tomorrow, hope you have the chance to stay hydrated and do ok with food. Kudos on doing toastmasters. My little workout went well, I did 5 minutes on elliptical and 8 on exercise bike. I know not much, but not much expendable time in the am. Last week I ordered some stretching tubes, i had bands but were old and all snapped in a half. It might be an easy enough thing to do a short workout in the mornings, it certainly helped me start the day off feeling proactive and good about myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLynn View Post
Kath- starting to work out has been so hard for me but I feel so good afterward-set small goals so you don't get burned out.
I agree, and I think I set reasonabke goals and will do great for a week or so at a time, but then slip from exercising for weeks again. I really have a goal to start walking on the boardwalk here, which I used to genuinely enjoy. I used to walk there several days a week with my dog; we'e talking 7 or 8 years ago. My mind plays games on me, i know back then my weight was only 15 lbs or so less than now, but I didn't mind walking in public. That makes me so nervous now, because I hate people seeing this fat woman and always being the fatest person around. I know it's mind games I'm playing and most people could care less. I just need to start doing it regardless, get some fresh air and stare at the water when I go.

Hope everyone has a great TGIF day!!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Cindy...it is hard at times when you have to work a lot of long hours...not easy on those days except about what is happening around you....

I think being home for me now all day has had its adjustments....I have so many projects to keep me busy with all my crafts and I make myself get out just to look around at the Thrift shops and estate sales...etc....It is just my DH and I now at home since our kids are grown and live in other places away from us so I have really made changes in my kitchen habits....no more of those MOMs homemade cooking and baking....We stay on our plan now everyday...(ofcourse when they do come I will cook for them and us...)All my kids love LC things too but Mom...please make me your Whatever is their special thing LOL....

It is 11AM here now and I have not had anything to eat so it now time...mmmm

Supper...Beef tonight...time to think of something good....
Well everyone enjoy your Friday....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessworth
Stats: 262/252/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 03/05/2014
Weighed myself yesterday, 258.8. It is my TOM, so I think that is throwing me off right now. I'm a little disappointed that I've only lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks, but, I'll take it. Better to lose a little than gain or stay the same.
jessworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 154
Start Date: Jan 2001
In another 75 min 8 am being liberated from the the rehab center. DH is picking me up and we wull be headed home. Hurrah!

I do want to thank you for your prayers, thoughts, wishes and cards. I am blessed.

There will be loads of therapists visiting the house over the next few weeks until I can return to work. It didn't help that I fractured a rib in a second fall here at the center a week after arriving, delaying this whole process. Next week hopefullying things will start to return to normal.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #38
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Joining y'all. I am going to begin either Sunday or Monday. I have a "horse's ball" on Saturday pm so I want to enjoy the party (fundraiser) and then kick it into gear. I want to get as close to 200 as I can. Currently I'm 230. I will most likely be doing LC but also low calorie and maybe add in my hcg pellets to help things move along.

I hope to catch up on the posts thus far. ( I wrote "thus farm." I spend too much time with horses.)

Last edited by CherylB; 03-28-2014 at 01:31 PM..
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/229/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Welcome Cheryl !

Mary - glad to hear you are going home !!
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

MaryMary ....praying it all goes well today for you....expecting good news...

Thanks Jo...yes back home to Texas in the summer...haven't been back since my Mother died in 2011...so it is time to see my grandsons ...they grow so fast...Ofcourse I have seen my family since then but here at our home in AZ and in Vegas on a little trip we met...West Tx is booming right now with all the oil business...my son that is in oil says the town has grown so much....will see...lol
Old 03-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Mary - I'm so glad you're on the mend! And I can't imagine how happy you will be to get back home!!

Welcome, Cheryl!

Lady - what kind of crafts do you do?

Jess - 3lbs is definitely headed in the right direction
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Ok, I'm posting in my regular thread but have not been faithful here. I was at 256 this morning which I noticed is what I weighed on my last post. I've been eating too many nuts, pork skins and yes, veggies. I don't eat off plan but can't seem to control portions!

MaryMary, you are in my prayers.

Welcome and hello to the new joiners!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Kath.....Welcome...Oh ...I do a lot of projects...Right now I am working on some cross stitching...and on a quilt top slowly...lol...I scrapbook, make greeting cards...I keep busy ....I am one of those that have to have several projects going at once and reading a book in between..LOL

My DH found an old door with several windows in it afew days ago on the curve being thrown away and he is helping me to hang it out on our back patio... will hang down under the ceiling with chains...then I can put some greenery across the top with some little lights running thur so it will be like an art piece and lighting thru the window panes...

Hope everyone has a great weekend....
Old 03-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Friday Check In ~ Leadership Conference was really good and it was nice to be home at a decent time. Walking tape x 2 and 7,422 steps. I didn't drink much water

Today was my weigh day and no change on the scale, which is good considering all the salt from yesterday.

DH is amazing .... he made ground beef for dinner and bought the fixings for taco salad for dinner. Woo Hoo

Jo ~ Yes, when I'm being organized, I bring food but I just hadn't been as organized as I should be.

Thanks Kathy ~ I love Toastmasters. Way to go with the work out.

Lady ~ Door project sounds awesome.

Jess on 3 pounds gone.

Home Mary ~ we missed you

Cheryl ~ Looking forward to getting to know you and hope you have fun at the fundraiser.

Oncloud ~ I wondered how you were doing.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Friday check in-
Woke up and intended to do 15 min. on the elliptical but found that it was easier today and managed to do 25min! Did pretty good drinking water.

I panicked a bit this evening when my nephew decided that he wanted to go to a Chinese buffet for his birthday dinner. I kept thinking about all the dishes drenched in sauces that I could not have. Then my husband reminded me that it also had a mongolian bbq! Yea! I had the best meal-assorted meats and veggies all sauteed in very little sauce. They had steamed crab legs too-which I dunked in butter-yum.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Lady - the door project sounds fun I like re-purposing projects like that to make a home interesting. I have tried lots of crafts, but haven't found one that clicked with me to continue doing. Right now I'm slowing working on making an art piece out of two old corbels and a number of lampwork beads. Have fun with your door project!!

JoLynn - wtg on the 25 minutes!! That's awesome
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! I was down one pound today! 255. 5 more to goal. Going to hair salon and out for lunch with DSis.

Lady- Your door project sounds beautiful. I saw one on Facebook hanging on an interior wall with family photos in the glass panes.
Jo- Way to go!!
Cindy- Life gets in our way, huh? I am glad to be back!
Cheryl- Good luck on your start! You can do it!!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! I was down one pound today! 255. 5 more to goal. Going to hair salon and out for lunch with DSis.

Lady- Your door project sounds beautiful. I saw one on Facebook hanging on an interior wall with family photos in the glass panes.
Jo- Way to go!!
Cindy- Life gets in our way, huh? I am glad to be back!
Cheryl- Good luck on your start! You can do it!!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Don't know why it posted twice. Sorry.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #50
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks so much for the great welcome! I am looking forward to embarking again on the path toward health and happiness. LadyinLove, I'm just skimming through the posts here so far but I was a transplanted Texan back in the late '80s-early '90s. Once a Texan, always a Texan. I miss it a lot. And I moved to Vegas and then AZ for a while before heading back east. Long story.

Where in AZ are you, iydmma? (Not sure if that's a known acronym but it works for me.)

Must run! Busy day ahead. Keep on truckin', ladies!

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

My Journal.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I am still a Texas gal for sure and always be...but I live in the Phoenix area. now...All my family are in Tx....but I married my new DH of 5 years and his home was here....all his life in AZ...I have lived several places over the years being a military wife before my first DH died....AZ is hot so we take little getaways when we can and jump in the pool all summer lol...

Supper ...Beef tacos...Taco shell made out of Provolone Cheese....Had the deli cut the cheese alittle thicker .....good...
Old 03-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Yum Lady! That sounds yummy!! Good idea with the cheese.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Saturday Check In ~ Fabulous grand opening but just home and there is no way I'm doing my walking tape but I did log 8,795 steps. I am very excited tomorrow is a home day. Catch up on walking tape and plan for another busy week (but not insane like this past week).

Jo ~ Way to go! crab

Kathy ~ The art piece sounds interesting.

Oncloud ~ Love to see pictures of your new hair style?

Cheryl ~ So true about health and happiness

Lady ~ Great idea about a taco shell out of cheese
Old 03-30-2014, 01:58 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Lady- those tacos sound yummy

Got my water in today but not the exercise. I plan to get up earlier than usual tomorrow and get it in first thing so I don't skip it.
Cooked up a bunch of chicken breasts and bacon for meals throughout the week. Planned on chicken and salad for dinner, but when it came time, I was really craving fried eggs So I had the salad and fried eggs and bacon. Weird.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!
Jo- Isn't it great that you could give in to your craving while totally staying on plan!!! Your cooking ahead is ' planning to succeed'. Proud of you!!!
Cindy-- You are such a busy girl!! You got in more steps than I just doing your job!!! Think of the calories you burned!! Yay!

MaryMary- Hope you're able to read posts even if you don't feel like posting. Praying someone is taking care of your meals for you as I know how careful you are with measuring and planning. Still praying for your quick recovery!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning everyone....Cool and cloudy here in the desert this morning...DH is working out in the yard...

Yes those cheese shells did work out and were good....Now I will make them flat for little pizzas...I had made the little cheese chips but this is really nice for a meal...Having the provolone cheese cut alittle thicker helps....
B..omelet..
L...none
Supper...grilled fish with a seasoned topping...veggie

Have wonderful day all...
Old 03-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/229/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Happy Sunday everyone ... got to sleep in a bit this morning .. well, till 7:15, that still pretty late for me !

Down 2 pounds, so is my husband.

Lady - did you cook the cheese for the taco shell or just fold it up to hold the filling ? Sounds really good

Mary - hope you made it home ok and are feeling good :sprayer:

At the risk of sounding totally clueless can someone tell me what the "D" means in DH, Dsis, DD, etc ??

Back to the books .. one more chapter test and then the final and I am done ! Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Old 03-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

I put the cheese on parchment paper...and microwaved it for amlost 1.5 mins on mine...you have to watch and just check to see how your cooks...then when I brought it out I just folded it...You can overlap 2 pieces and make a larger one but I liked the smaller ones better.... the center will be alittle soft and the outer part is crispy...the cheese was thicker sliced alittle than the pkg...kind for sandwiches ...I am going to use a flat one melted then add a thin layer Garden Vegetable cream cheese then a slice of meat on top...I love that...
Old 03-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Lol Jo! I had to figure all that out too! Dear Daughter, Dear Husband, etc.

Cheese/mushroom omelet with bacon
Sirloin Steak and buttered steamed asparagus
Hamburger steak
Probably have Christmas Salad for snack
Old 03-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday Check In ~ Just finished my second walking tape of the day, meaning that I have made my March goal of doing the walking tape 21 times and I just added up my steps for March and 183,690. Feeling pretty happy about that.

So far today I have had lots of water. So nice being at home and close to the bathroom. Bacon for breakfast, taco salad for lunch and I'm making pork roast, spaghetti squash and cauliflower for dinner.

Jo ~ Not weird, but so awesome that what you craved was on plan. I wish that was the case for me.

Oncloud ~ Your food sounds except what is Christmas Salad?

Lady ~ Actually sunny here. Thanks for sharing how to make the cheese taco shells.

Joanne0 ~ Down 2 pounds is awesome!!

Hope we hear from Mary again soon