LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Luck of the Irish Challenge

Come join us on the Luck of the Irish Challenge through March 17, 2014. Think of the amazing things we can accomplish in 5 weeks!!! The rules are: No Rules! Feel free to join during any stage of this challenge!!

Pick your own personal challenge based on whatever is important to you! and come report in whenever it suits you. Some will have a specific weight loss as a goal and some of us will have goals based only on desirable behaviors. We are all at a different place on this journey A goal could be as simple as coming in to post .. Think outside the box. What do **you** need to keep you going?

We Can Do This!

Last edited by MaryMary; 02-14-2014 at 05:26 PM..
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hopefully my Irish side brings me luck with weight loss! Love this challenge already!

Well I went hiking today. Did a 3 mile trail, it wasn't too bad, some major inclines but I made it through
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
I'm in.

Goal: to get down into the 230's and start to exercising on a regular basis since I will have been on plan for four weeks and at least 20 lbs.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning,

I will join too! I will be ambitious and try for 9 pounds down. I would like to see 210 or very close to it by St.Patty's Day. Best wishes to everyone.

Mary you have sooo much snow this year. I just moved from Methuen about 8 months ago. Boston beat their 117 year record for snow.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I am ready for a new challenge.
My goals are:
1 - no drinking alcohol (I slipped on that a bit in mid/Jan - early Feb) I will do better.
2 - stay on my eating plan - I know what that means for me. I had a bit of carb creep durng the last challenge. I can improve a bit there, too.
3 - increase exercise a bit - this is achieveable too.

No weight loss goal. I'll take the loss with a smile, though. I am confident that it I stick to my goals for the next 5 weeks, I won't gain and will probably lose.

Let's have fun everyone and shake this winter off.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Well, since I missed my goal last time, I have the same goal that I WILL achieve this time. 260lbs. If more, that will be wonderful!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

My goal for this challenge is to get comfortable with the changes in my food plan, to continue to maintain and to start movingmor every day, maybe lifting some weights. I have no excuses sine I have two 5 lb weights next to my bed on the floor. The action I need to take is to pick them up.

Yesterday I was shoveling the snow from Thursday. And guess what it's doing today? Snowing. Expecting 3-6"more. The stores were jammed with shoppers. You'd think we were going to get hit by two feet.

Has anyone read the book, "Eat to Live" By Joel Fuhrman, MD? I just finished his "The End of Diabetes. I have changed the medium I am eating my fats from oils & dressings to nuts and seeds. Much more satisfying.

Here's wishin' we are all lucky during the next 5 weeks. Just think in less than six weeks it will be Spring!!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Love your new pic MaryMary!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I bought 2 five lb weights at Goodwill. Lifted a few times when I first got them and haven't since. I have no excuse either. I'm going to try.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
I'll give it another shot...still looking for the 250's
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alliruetwo
Stats: 290/243/150
WOE: LC/GF
I would love to join you in the challenge!! I am new here, but, my only real goal for this challenge is to stick to my program as close to 100% as possible between now and St. Pats day.
alliruetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Alliruetwo! Please jump right in! Tell us a bit about yourself!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:11 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliruetwo View Post
I would love to join you in the challenge!! I am new here, but, my only real goal for this challenge is to stick to my program as close to 100% as possible between now and St. Pats day.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:27 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I had a good day workout today. I did a 4 mile walk away the pounds video. There was some jogging during the intervals but I was able to keep up and actually jog.

I didn't eat much today. I don't really do standard meals, I just eat when I get hungry.

I had 3 ham roll ups with cream cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
hot dog in a bowl with 3 hot dogs

The around 11:45 pm I was feeling really sick and dizzy. I forgot to eat again after like 2 o clock so I had some pepperoni and a cheese stick. Then I had a tablespoon of sour cream.

I need to up my water intake.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

I've gotten good exercise two days in a row, clearing snow. I have a very long drive . . . so it's at least an hour of exercise even with my DH going at nearly twice my speed. It has been so cold that the snow is not super heavy, so it's good stretching exercise.

I actually "felt" that my weight might be down a bit today. Did not happen, but I am optimistic enough about it that I am going to stick very close to my plan today. I am not replenishing the HWC for my coffee, and just going with some MCT or CO and a bit of salt. Hoping I can report something positive by end of this week. I think my standby flannel lined jeans are feeling just a little bit looser around the waste.

Let's all have a good day!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:24 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
hi everyone.... well my goals are:

**eat clean every day
**to do my water aerobics and my walking tape every day

I am very determined this time.... I have 12 weeks until I go to Michigan to visit my grandbabies... and I want to lose as much weight as I can.

vella - wow - someday I hope to do the 4 miles walking tape... right now can only do the 1 mile but I know that I will be able to work up to it.

patience - wow - 1 hour clearing the snow..... that is one reason I left Michigan but here we had two ice storms in the past month.... and 25,000 people are still without power after five days..... we were lucky my power went off for just a few minutes.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I wonder if I will stay in the upper midwest after I retire.
Winter is harder as I get older, but the springs are so wonderful.
The southern states are hardly winter proof anymore, eh?
We could likely hire our drive done, but as long as we are physically able it seems good exercise and a money saver. We do have a power snow remover which we get out when the snow is really heavy and wet, but it's a bit dangerous on the steep portions of the drive.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alliruetwo
Stats: 290/243/150
WOE: LC/GF
Morning All,
Thanks for the welcome. A typical sunday here for me. I travel full time for work so today will be a day filled with laundry and groceries. I would LOVE some suggestions form others that have exercise challenges. With travel, I do not always have access to a work out type room to use.

Have a great day everyone!!
alliruetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

One of those stretchy elastic bands are good for travel, especially for stretching and strengthening the arms-type exercises.
They are very light weight so good for plane travel.
Speaking of which mine have not aged well and are breaking down, so I need to replace.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/233/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Hi all .. also a Newbie, and up for a challenge .. goals are to lose 10 pounds - currently 240 - and to stick to my weekly planned menu ..
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Hi JoanneO, nice to have you join in the fun.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, looking forward to it !
Old 02-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, JoanneO.

I was shoveling for 2 hrs. Two one hour sections. Came in for a cup of tea. DH went to the doctor Friday for his back and luckily there is nothing wrong that taking it easy won't fix. So I get to do his chores for the next 3 weeks. The snow blower is broken. Need to decide if it is worth fixing. Tomorrow we will have someone come by to check it out.

I had soy pasta tonight for the first time. It was okay. I cooked it a bit too long so it wasn't as firm as I would have like, but still good none the less. I covered it with mushrooms, onions & peppers in spaghetti sauce. I had a 10 oz salad with tahini sauce, lemon juice and Bragg's Aminos. I really like that stuff. For dessert, I made a whip from pumpkin, tofu and flaxseed meal with flavorings & stevia and warmed it in the microwave. Then I cut up an apple and dipped it into it. I felt like I ate like a queen tonight. I try to keep my calories around 1600-1700 now to maintain. Today I had 72 grams of fiber.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:58 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
I wonder if I will stay in the upper midwest after I retire.
Winter is harder as I get older, but the springs are so wonderful.
The southern states are hardly winter proof anymore, eh?
We could likely hire our drive done, but as long as we are physically able it seems good exercise and a money saver. We do have a power snow remover which we get out when the snow is really heavy and wet, but it's a bit dangerous on the steep portions of the drive.
I grew up in the Midwest and left when I was 18. Now I live in California. Beautiful scenery and weather here. Expensive though, but worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
hi everyone.... well my goals are:

**eat clean every day
**to do my water aerobics and my walking tape every day

I am very determined this time.... I have 12 weeks until I go to Michigan to visit my grandbabies... and I want to lose as much weight as I can.

vella - wow - someday I hope to do the 4 miles walking tape... right now can only do the 1 mile but I know that I will be able to work up to it.

patience - wow - 1 hour clearing the snow..... that is one reason I left Michigan but here we had two ice storms in the past month.... and 25,000 people are still without power after five days..... we were lucky my power went off for just a few minutes.....
I worked up to 4 miles I do different videos depending on how I feel. Today I did the one mile video

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
Hi all .. also a Newbie, and up for a challenge .. goals are to lose 10 pounds - currently 240 - and to stick to my weekly planned menu ..

Old 02-17-2014, 02:03 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Today I ate some pork chops with mayo, and ham roll ups. Wasn't really that hungry today. I still need to take in more water. I bought a new brita water bottle that has measurements but the bottle is more of a pain than anything else. Generally I would use water bottles, or just take a gallon with me but its get expensive.

I did my 50 min strength training video. I can do most of the exercises but not all of them, and I modify some. I was so tired after that one that I just did the one mile video for walk away the pounds.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:05 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Welcome, JoanneO.

I was shoveling for 2 hrs. Two one hour sections. Came in for a cup of tea. DH went to the doctor Friday for his back and luckily there is nothing wrong that taking it easy won't fix. So I get to do his chores for the next 3 weeks. The snow blower is broken. Need to decide if it is worth fixing. Tomorrow we will have someone come by to check it out.

I had soy pasta tonight for the first time. It was okay. I cooked it a bit too long so it wasn't as firm as I would have like, but still good none the less. I covered it with mushrooms, onions & peppers in spaghetti sauce. I had a 10 oz salad with tahini sauce, lemon juice and Bragg's Aminos. I really like that stuff. For dessert, I made a whip from pumpkin, tofu and flaxseed meal with flavorings & stevia and warmed it in the microwave. Then I cut up an apple and dipped it into it. I felt like I ate like a queen tonight. I try to keep my calories around 1600-1700 now to maintain. Today I had 72 grams of fiber.
I definitely do not miss shoveling snow! I remember when I was younger having to get up and hour to hour and half earlier to shovel and heat my car. I am glad your Dhs back is not injured too badly. Your food sounds soooo good.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Good morning! The scale is finally moving for me in the right direction....my doctor started me on a once a day 500mg Metformin pill 3 days ago and as of this morning I'm down 5 lbs! That might have just been the little boost I needed ...I hope. Have a wonderful day friends!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Good morning! The scale is finally moving for me in the right direction....my doctor started me on a once a day 500mg Metformin pill 3 days ago and as of this morning I'm down 5 lbs! That might have just been the little boost I needed ...I hope. Have a wonderful day friends!
Good for you ! Congrats !
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Well I did ok on my first day, stuck to my menu, but I am having a hard time with portion control. Need to really work on that.

MaryMary - 2 hours shoveling, that's a good workout ! Might sound crazy, but I like shoveling ...I am excused this year, had a hip replacement in August, got an infection, had it removed and a spacer installed, more surgery in April to get new hardware. Told my husband I'll be happy to help out next winter lol
Old 02-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
joanneO - I have always had portion control issues now really do try to measure everything.... but I still do not do it for my salad stuff and I know that I should measure that stuff....

mary - please take is easy when your shoveling snow... and hope that your hubbys back will be ok.. and that your snow blower can be fixed.

vella - good job on your walking... and doing 50 minutes of strength training I am soooo impressed with ya..... I would like to pull my Zumba tape out and start that.....

michelle - glad that the scale has moved for ya keep it up....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote