LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JimBob
Stats: 420/400/250
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2014
Looking for some support

I've been enjoying the low carb WOE for about a month now. I started on Jan 6th of this year. I haven't lost much weight since I started. Around 1 or 2 lbs. Because of this, I felt sorry for myself and I broke down and went on a carb binge for two days. pizza, ice cream, french fries. I am disguted with myself. I feel like I have self destructed. Now I'm just really discouraged and finding it difficult to get back on track. I just keep asking myslef "what's the point?" Has anyone else experienced this and come back from it? I have a lot of faith in the low carb way of life and I know it works from all of the stories i've read and family members who have done it. I just don't know where to turn from here.
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
I'm sorry you're feeling so discouraged! I think the important thing to focus on is just getting back on track now, and not beating yourself up for your binge. It's in the past, and there's nothing you can do to change that now. I have trouble with binging also, I know how hard it is to resist sometimes. It doesn't mean you have to give up! You can do this.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Jimbob.....we have all been there! Post your typical low carb menu here and maybe someone will see something that could be hampering your weightloss...this is a great place for advice and encouragement!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JimBob
Stats: 420/400/250
Start Date: January 2014
A typical menu for a day would consist of:
Breakfast: Sometimes I don't have time to eat in the mornings and sometimes I eat scrambled eggs and sausage.
Lunch: Ground turkey with lettuce, cheddar cheese and a bit of salsa.
Dinner: Baked chicken breast or pork chop with grilled zuchinni, squash, and mushrooms.
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Welcome JimBob.

It is frustrating at the beginning, but we ALL have been there. It takes a lot of trial and error and starts and restarts to get things going sometimes with this WOE, but you can do it. And from one guy to another, let me tell you, it is just as difficult for us as it is the ladies. I don't want to take up too much space of your thread here, but if you ever want to chat feel free to private message me. I'd be happy to share my thoughts, feedback, etc.

You can do this man. We are behind you 100%!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob View Post
Breakfast: Sometimes I don't have time to eat in the mornings and sometimes I eat scrambled eggs and sausage.
Dinner: Baked chicken breast or pork chop with grilled zuchinni, squash, and mushrooms.
It could be that cheese is a "stall agent" for you. That is to say, it causes you to gain weight or your loses aren't as much when you consume it and incorporate it in your diet. That's my dilemma, cheese is a stall agent for me , so if I eat it, I do it sparingly (once or twice a week max); def can't have it daily.

Like I said, a lot of this is going to be trial and error at the beginning. It may be helpful to journal your meal plans for the first few weeks, write everything down that you eat and their carb counts then analyze it; see if anything are "stall agents", see if anything is "too high in carbs" to be eaten during Induction or the beginning phases of Atkins, are you eating more than 20 carbs?

We all have to start somewhere, but over time you will be successful!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:44 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/228/200
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
I know how you feel and takes some good ole will power and inspiration threads from other members to know that it does get better once you dial your intake in.

I gave up on cheese all together so cant comment on that. How is your portions?
kay9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:52 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
It doesn't sound like you are eating enough, depending on your portion size, especially if you skip breakfast.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
I definitely wouldn't skip breakfast....also are you getting enough fat? Water is another key part! You might want to get some ketosis strips and see if you are in ketosis too....I never use them but I know others do.
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mrssillymom
Stats: 293/282/190
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 2/18/2014
To me it doesn't seem like you are giving your body enough food to boost your metabolism. Keeping your body fueled will allow for your body to know it isn't going to starve and will burn fat for fuel. Hang in there and keep plugging away....every person is different for sure.
Mrssillymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dbzm5
Stats: 25 lost/maintenance
Start Date: July/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob View Post
You need to eat more! Try to eat 3 meals a day at first and eat until full not stuffed. If you fall off the wagon, don't give up and go on a carb bender. Just acknowledge you are human and get right back on. We all have slip ups, keep calm and carry on!
dbzm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
JimBob- I would like to invite you over to the 300+ February Support Thread. There are some great, supportive people on there and no judgement! We talk about all areas of our lives as they affect our weight and WOE. Good luck on your journey!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote