Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 05:13 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dara
YoYo ME

Hi,

I have been through the diet thing on and off since the 2nd grade. I have low carbed many times losing 90+ twice and 156 once, but I always gain all of it back and more. I have done weight watchers, biggest loser and others more times than I can count, but they leave me with extremely painful hunger and only low carbing can cure that. I often feel so hungry that I feel like I am going to vomit. I can low carb and do it well, but when I fall off I always bounce back higher than I was. Yesterday I was only 29 pounds short of 400 (371) This is the largest I have ever been and it terrifies me. So, I am doing something about it!

Dara
dara is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Welcome Dara,

That 4 number is a scary one; I was shocked when I saw it. I'm glad you won't get there!
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
Welcome Dara,

That 4 number is a scary one; I was shocked when I saw it. I'm glad you won't get there!
Thanks for the confidence. It helps to know you were close to where I am. When I look on the site it looks like almost everyone is in the mid to low two hundreds.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Location: Central Florida, 45 minutes from the most Magical Place on Earth!
Gallery: TerraNoelle
Stats: 269/269/160
WOE: Atkins: Phase I
Start Date: January 2014
Welcome!! I was 31 lbs shy of 300 which scared the beeheebees out of me! I've been heavy since I was 8 years old. Atkins/low carb was the only thing I ever did that I felt full! And I once I lost everything [the first time], it really wasn't that bad to maintain. Even having a real treat in moderation and such. But I just quit and gained everything back. That was about 13 years ago. Now, marriage and two kiddos later, It's time to get back on the wagon!!

Best of luck to both of us....we can do it!!
TerraNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraNoelle View Post
Welcome!! I was 31 lbs shy of 300 which scared the beeheebees out of me! I've been heavy since I was 8 years old. Atkins/low carb was the only thing I ever did that I felt full! And I once I lost everything [the first time], it really wasn't that bad to maintain. Even having a real treat in moderation and such. But I just quit and gained everything back. That was about 13 years ago. Now, marriage and two kiddos later, It's time to get back on the wagon!!

Best of luck to both of us....we can do it!!
Thank you! Best of luck to you. I have just moved to central Florida from Indiana. I see you are in the area. I have to say that I think the weather will definitely help!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mrssillymom
Stats: 293/282/190
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 2/18/2014

I am back doing LC again because like you said Dara it is the only thing that works for me. This time I am doing it for LIFE and not stopping. Hopefully I won't gain back to where I was or am now. I was 3 lbs from 300 and that number freaks me out. My highest was 315 when I gave birth to my youngest 10 1/2 yrs ago. I don't want to go there again. You can do it!!!

Last edited by Mrssillymom; 02-21-2014 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: hit enter too soon.
Mrssillymom is offline   Reply With Quote