Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
patience - you can get on track again..... I had lost 30 pounds since Sept 2013... but then the holidays set in... and Dec is always a bad month for me... both my parents have passed on and Mama's b'day is Dec 2.. and Dad is a Christmas eve b'day... so very depressing for me... and I ate carbs... comfort food... and then in Jan... I too had a hard time getting back on track... but I am back now.... and have lost 10 pounds of that I had lost before still have some pounds to lose to get back where I was... why do we sabotage ourselves ... but now I am determined to do this.... my goal to lose as much weight as I can before I go to Michigan to visit with my sons and grandbabies.. and to get off my diabetic meds..... ... ... we can DO THIS!!!

cindy - I did my hour of water aerobics this morning... so now this afternoon to do my walking tape... love the tape, but why oh why don't I do it everyday... so another goal to do the walking tape everyday.....and I know that with my food plan and exercise I lose so much faster.....

everyone have a great day.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
What is the walking tape? Do you walk in place?

We are getting a foot of snow right now and it is still coming down. My DH is out there shoveling because it is too deep for the snow blower. They are saying maybe another one next Sunday night.

Experimenting with making a soup with veggies that looks very rich and creamy, but has no dairy in it. I am enjoying it. I also cooked up a spaghetti squash and am doing a kabucha squash right now in the oven. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I have never had one of those.

Have a great day!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

mary - my walking tape is "Leslie Sansone Walk at Home" I love her.... it is 1,2,3, and 4 mile workouts and also includes a toning band... only $10.00 at Walmart.... it is fun... lots a great music.... and she does side to side, knee lifts, (not just walking in time) also she does arm movements... just a great tape..... first mile is about 15 min long. the 2nd is about 12 min... 3rd mile is a booster mile 10 min. and 4th mile is adding the band for a big muscle boost 15 min..... my goal is to one day be able to do all 4 miles.... that will take a while just doing the mile 1 am breathing hard of course I am quite heavy... but on my way to a thinner person...

had to have blood tests today.... so did not make it to HC for my WA... but will be doing my walking tape.... feel really good today..have ate really clean all week ... and down a few pounds....am trying to lose 10 pounds by the end of this month... we will see... but if I keep up with this exercise I may make it... sure hope so... since I messed up for Dec and Jan.... I think "you silly girl.. you could of been 20 pounds less for those two months, but now I have to re-lose the weight I gained those two months"

but I just need to pick myself up and do it right this time...

everyone have a great day.....
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Monday ~ It was a holiday in British Columbia "Family Day" and I worked for a couple of hours but for the most part, I did nothing.

I was not rewarded with a change on the scale on my weigh day of Friday but like I have mentioned before, I am working hard on not being discouraged.

Patience ~ Way to go giving yourself a kick!

Diane ~ Thanks for answering Mary's question. Mine is the 3 mile and like you, I am working towards being able to do the entire 3 miles but right now, often I am just making it through the 1 mile. Awesome that you are feeling good.

Mary ~ Wow, that is lots of snow at one time. We had a couple of inches today.

to all!!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

hi all - well we were to get a ice storm tonight and tomorrow but they think that it will miss us... I am at the coast in SC... but inland it will be bad.... pray that people will be off the roads and safe.....

it is raining here today and will do so the next two days but that is better than ice.. which we had las month... just could not drive on it at all...I stayed home and safe...

sure wish our winter would end.. my sons in Michigan - well they have had snow from Thanksgiving and it has not gone away....

but did get out and do my water aerobics ...the warm water felt so good.... hardy anyone in the pools....

hope and pray that everyone has a safe next few days....
Old 02-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Diane thanks for the support. I am not gaining, but I am also not losing.
I got through some stressful stuff work, and now I am thinking if the weather will just warm up a bit, that will help. But I do need to focus a bit more.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone. Valentine's Day is two days away. I suppose the next challenge will be for St Patrick's Day on March 17th - 5 weeks away or Easter - 8 weeks away. What is the concensus? The luck of the Irish or hopping on the bunny trail on April 20th (Easter)

Hope everyone came close to meeting your personal goals.

Last edited by MaryMary; 02-11-2014 at 05:56 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 04:32 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

I vote for St. Pat's, but I'll go along with the consensus.
Mary, I love your new photo!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:44 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Today's the day! How did everyone do?

I weighed 143.4 lbs so up 2 lbs but still within my window of 140-145. We have been adding in food to find the right balance.

Still need to work on getting moving and groovin.

We got dumped with a foot of snow yesterday and now I get to shovel. That's my exercise for the day.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:27 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
I made my challenge ! Out of the 220's. Yay! This decade was so hard for me.
Happy Valentines Day!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:57 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Not so great. I lost 1 solid pound. Well at one point it was 2, but that was three weeks ago. Still, a pound is a pound. I can do better. I didn't go off plan in any big way in eating, but I did have some alcohol which is my number one no-no, and a wee bit of carb creep. As I said can do better and will. I can't control the scale but I see some room for improvement when it comes to what goes into my mouth. I can up the exercise a bit, too.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Day!

I have lost one pound and I have been sticking to my walking tape and steps per day ~ the lack of pounds gone on the scale is discouraging but I'm not getting off the wagon!! I'm sticking to my goals for the rest of February.

Put on my freshly washed jeans today and they are looser than they were a month ago

Diane ~ Yikes there has been some bad weather all around the world. Good for you getting to the pool.

Mary ~ Either works for me.

Patience ~ 1 pound gone after going through stress with work is a great accomplishment

Sammi

Husband has something planned for Valentine's Weekend - I'm supposed to pack an overnight bag. He isn't usually romantic and doesn't usually plan anything. I am very excited.

cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the perspective, Sammi.
I've been through the grinder at work and most of us know what this winter has been like. I am not giving up. The worst of the work stress is behind. Even at a pound a month I'll be down to my lowest weight in decades time next year. There will always be more challenges. My path has been a little bit rough of late, but I am still on it, plodding on like the old mare that I am.
Sammi, lovely to hear that you have a surprise in store.

Last edited by Patience; 02-14-2014 at 09:22 AM..
Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

When I was in the weightloss phase, I had some months where I didn't lose anything. I always considered it a success. I didn't gain. Eventually, the scale lets go of the pounds if you are working your plan.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

The Luck of the Irish Challenge is posted and starts tomorrow!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for your continuing support, Mary.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
May as well check in and let you know that I did not meet my goal. I had gotten going really good and then the snow storm came and then the ice storm the next week. Stress eating ruined my comeback. Oh well. Things are back to normal starting today!!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote