Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Cindym, they used to comp us when they needed to get someone to stay late unexpectedly, but now it is OT. The comp time had its advantages. We get our normal time off.

Will check back tomorrow!
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Hello everyone....woke up this morning to a 3 lb gain for no apparent reason....I started exercising last Sunday...I have done 210 mins of Wii Fit this week so maybe that has something to do with the gain??? Oh well...regardless I feel better . I'm going to the Dr for a physical on Tuesday.....I finally have health insurance for the first time in my life and I am 46 yrs old...thank God I have been healthy and haven't needed a Dr very often other then my yearly pap and mammo that was covered by Woman's Way Anyway I'm hoping to get some answers and advice from her on getting this weight off for good....I have never been a normal weight.....I have always been obese even before the first grade On a good note....I got a fantastic Bountiful Basket today....it had leaf lettuce, Brussel sprouts, pablano peppers, onions, green cauliflower, broccoli ,avacados for me and potatoes, bananas, tangelos, Asian and Bartlett pears for my hubby I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

I had my physical Friday and got the blood work back. In good health, yah!

Weight 144 lb (dressed)
Height 5'7"
BMI 22.58

BP was 100/60.
Glucose 88.
Total Cholesterol 141.
Triglycerides 34,
HDL 64,
LDL 70
CRP 0.7

Doctor and I were happy. I had to retest on the Potassium. It was slightly high at 5.2. Don't know what that means since I don't take potassium pills.

She also ordered a B-12 and Vit D test to see where I stand since I don't eat meat, eggs and dairy. Those are the only two vitamins she wants me to take since I get the rest in my food.

I did get a tetanus shot and pneumonia shot even though I have never had pneumonia in my life.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Mary!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Great news MaryMary!! I'm having blood work next week and am hoping for results like yours!

I've been missing since starting to babysit my precious angel grandson. DS and DIL are moving to a house 6miles from my home! Yay!!

Still bouncing around same number since November. No reason for it in November and December but have not been focused in January. Eating too much LC food. Too much going on and I always put myself last. Got to get motivated to do without those late snacks. They're LC but too much and night eating kills my weight loss and I know it. Got to get a handle on this!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Goal - on your 3 lb loss..... and I know that you will reach your goal..

Michele - your bountiful basket sounds lots of good food in it.

Mary -

oncloud9
- I know how you feel.... late night time eating is also my downfall... I am trying really hard to NOT eat after 7pm

I have been eating really clean for almost two weeks now... and it shows.... I am down 8.4 pounds since Jan 16th..... going strong... I have to keep this up..
did one hour of my water aerobics today.... and I WILL start my walking tape today... and WILL do it everyday.... I know that exercise is a winner for me... I just have to DO it.......

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/265.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
I have been eating really clean for almost two weeks now... and it shows.... I am down 8.4 pounds since Jan 16th..... going strong... I have to keep this up..
did one hour of my water aerobics today.... and I WILL start my walking tape today... and WILL do it everyday.... I know that exercise is a winner for me... I just have to DO it.......
Great job on the loss so far this month!!
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Monday ~ Day 25 and I'm below the stuck number on the scale, which is good because it means I hadn't gained as much as I thought I had.

Still a constant struggle. For example tonight is Guest Night at my Toastmasters club and I know there will be cookies. I just trying to determine what my reward will be for staying away from those cookies.

I'm quite far from my walking goal for January .... I need to walk 12 miles in 5 days. Yikes.

Goal ~ that is awesome!

Michele - I've heard lots of people gain when exercising. Basket sounded yummy.

Way to go Mary ~ such an inspiration!

Oncloud9now2 ~ So nice that you are spending time with your grandson.

Diane ~ 8.4 pounds

How are you Kathy?

Off to meeting ..... will not eat cookies
Old 01-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Did not eat cookies
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindym
Old 01-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Michele, hope your doctor's visit goes ok. I would be happy to share the outline of the foodplan I follwed whole losing to see if it helps you lose the stubborn weight. I have seen many folks from high weightstake it off and keep it off. Let me know.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Mary....that would be great when you have time . My Drs appt went well today....she is starting me on a water pill because my blood pressure was 154/88. Ugh!! Anyway she is going to try me on Metaformin (I think that's what she said) to aid me in my weightloss...but she wants to get my blood pressure regulated first. I haven't did my blood work yet...planning on stopping to have that done on Thursday morning. She was very happy with my progress so far

Cindy: WTG on not eating those dreadful cookies!!!

I just have to share this.....last night I dished up some low carb ice cream for myself.....when I went to put it back in the freezer it fell off the shelf right on my middle toe!!! Ouch!!! Guess that was a sign that I shouldn't be eating that junk....lmao
Old 01-30-2014, 05:06 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Michele, I don't eat a lot of processed food. It looks very simple on paper but, there is really a lot of variety. The thing is your BP will normalize as well as your sugars so you would want to work with yiur physician on your meds if you see the glucose levels or BP dropping. My doctor has watched me do this since 2001. She watched me through the first 3 years on Atkins then when I went to this more structured plan. Any questions, just ask.

I do use a scale to weigh the portions because the barometer in my head that tells me I am satiisfied is busted. I don't snack or eat between meals but can drink any non calorie beverage I want. I do write down, usually in my IPad or an online tracker, what I am planning to eat before I eat it, like the night before or the morning of. I share what I am having with someone, as it is sort of like a promise or committment to myself. These small disciplines helped me learn to trust myself. I do journal occasionally and definitely reach out to others like on this page or other social media.

But what I did was

Breakfast - 1 fruit or 8 oz fruit, 4 oz protein, 2 oz optional tomato product (like salsa)

I do read ingredients looking to make sure sugar is not in the top four ingredients. It is all in the definitions. I started by only having the fruit at breakfast for years. Some sweet fruits servings are 4 oz (like blueberry, raspaberries but strawberries are 8 oz)and some we don't eat at all like bananas, grapes and cherries.

Proteins (meats, fish and poultry) are 4 oz, eggs are either 2 eggs or 4 oz cooked, milk is 16 ox, yogurt is 8 oz, soft cheese is 4 oz and hard cheese is 2 oz. I can mix and match.

At lunch, I have

4 oz protein (see above), 8 oz cooked vegetable, 8 oz raw salad, 1/2 oz or 1 tbsp fat (oil, butter, dressings, etc), 2 oz optional tomato product and 1/2 oz optional sesame (tahini) or flaxseed meal.

Most vegetables are 8 oz but the sweet vegetables a serving size would be 4 oz instead of 8 oz. I don't eat peas, corn, potatoes, etc.

At supper, I have

4 oz protein (see above), 8 oz cooked vegetable, 16 oz raw salad, 1-1/2 oz or 3 tbsp fat (oil, butter, dressings, etc), 2 oz optional tomato product and 1/2 oz optional sesame (tahini) or flaxseed meal.

That's it. Simple enough. Most folk say they can't eat it all but I was a volume eater and loved the quantities. Since I had been doing Atkins, I wanted something similar and low carb. I let go of the 20 net carb rule while I tried this out and stopped counting carbs for 3 months or so to give it a fair try. I told the person who helped me that I don't lose very fast and she said no problems, just trust her. She had lost 120 lbs. I have seen many big folks become losers doing this.

I did this no matter what - without exceptions. Reason was I never knew what true hunger felt like because I was always eating. I started leaving jugs of water everywhere in my house, car and office so I had something to do when the thought came that I needed to eat. As time went on, I thought less and less about eating between meals. The prior year on Atkins I had lost 25 lbs. The first month I did this, I lost 11 and over the first year, lost 75 lbs. I was on 6 different meds in the beginning. Ater awhile, my doctor had to start weaning me off them. Today I take just one. All my sugars, BP and cholesterol are normal.

Now that I am on maintenance, additional fruit and proteins were added in gradually so that my weight could stabilize. It has been in the 141-145 range now for quite a few months. My BMI is 22.5 and I am 5'7". For the first time in my life I feel great.

Speaking of feelings, a lot of feelings that I used to cover up with food will show up in the beginning, since I am not numbing them down with food. That is why writing and calling or speaking with someone who has done this is helpful. As I felt better, My attitude shifted to a more positive one. I had my challenges, everyone does, but over the long haul, this works. I loved that I got to eat so many colorful veggies and a fruit.

Hope you give it a try. Let me know if I can do anything or help in any way.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Mary: Thank you for the most valuable information!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:46 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday I'm celebrating today. No loss on the scale but I completed my January goal. I started back serious on January 3 and today I have been back on plan for 29 days and I have completed the 1 mile walking tape - 31 times. I'm very proud of myself. I wish the results on the scale were better but I'm going to work very hard to not make the number the success!!

Thanks Mary ~ not eating the cookies was a huge accomplishment. I'm going to continue with planning the day and knowing where I have to be alert to old habits. Thanks also for sharing your recipe for success!

Michele ~ Never heard of Metaformin. Sorry about your toe. I have to be so careful with s/f items - I have such a problem with overeating and overeating s/f products causes such huge stomach pain and bathroom problems.

Hope everyone else is doing okay
Old 01-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/265.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Happy Friday I'm celebrating today. No loss on the scale but I completed my January goal. I started back serious on January 3 and today I have been back on plan for 29 days and I have completed the 1 mile walking tape - 31 times. I'm very proud of myself. I wish the results on the scale were better but I'm going to work very hard to not make the number the success!!
Cindy, congrats on the exercise! That's a great accomplishment!! I'm working on increasing my exercise mostly on my exercise bike, but maybe I should pull out my walking dvds too!
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so proud of you all. We still have snow in the yard but roads are clear. It's been rough but will be in in sixties this weekend! Crazy!
I'm still bouncing between 265 and 270. Still have hope for 260 by Valentines.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, 266 this morning. 6 pounds to meet my goal. Even though I've been here a while, I still have hope. I'll be trying extra hard to move the scale down into new territory! Have a renewed motivation and am going to fight against those evening snacks that are holding me back!!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Happy February! I made my V-Day goal yesterday: 234.
Bonus: 2 more lbs by the 14th would be lovely!

Cindy, Yay for completing your January goal!

Oncloud9, it has been an interesting week in the Deep South for sure! Hoping the rest of it melts today for all of us!!!

Great job everyone! Have a lovely week!!!
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

mary - thanks for the meal plan.... I am going to try to follow it... tho... I will not do the fruit... it spikes my sugar.. so will lay low on that....

cindy - wow on your exercise.... I am starting my walking tape today.. and will do it everyday..

oncloud9
- WTG girl... you have almost made your goal....

goalN - on making your goal already.... great job

well, it has not been good for me the past week.... we got hit hard here in the South... and could not go out to do my water aerobics.. and I did not do any exercise here at home... my bad so I put on some more weight

but on the stick again..... went and did one hour of water aerobics today... and will do my walking tape this afternoon... and I have set two new goals: to do my water aerobics and my walking tape EVERY DAY. I only have 15 weeks until I go to Michigan to visit with my sons and grandbabies... and I am going to lose weight.......

boy sometimes I really do sabotage myself... and do not know why....

I go see my new doctor on Tues... and I sure hope that he does not yell at me for not losing weight... if he does... well I will just seek out another Dr... but I have heard that he is a good guy... so we will see........

and I again am measuring and weighing and writing everything down.... times I eat, what I eat, and how I am feeling... that always helps me...

so to everyone - keep up the good job.......
Old 02-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Pawleys, let me know if you have any questions. Just remember, re: the fruit, if you ever feel like eating crap, having this fruit with the morning protein is a real treat. I used to eat a couple berries on Atkins, with this I just ate a few more. The berries are very good for you. You may find over time, that you will be ale to tolerate them. Are you diabetic? Type 2?
Old 02-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

266 again today. I still feel positive.
Goal- Way to go!!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

mary - yes type 2 diabetic... and I love blueberries....so I may get some and just have a half cup for breakfast....my other favorite fruit are watermelon and bananas but they are high in sugar but in the summer I do have some watermelon.... and while I was off my food plan last month... I did have some bananas I have always loved oranges and bananas together in a bowl...my parents loved having this for a snack or dessert at night... but it really puts my sugar up there

did my one hour water aerobics early this morning - the warm water felt so good... will do my walking tape this afternoon......

going to have a large salad with a protein for lunch.... had eggs and bacon and hot tea for breakfast.... feel pretty good today.. was down a few pounds today... I just have to keep this up...

everyone have a great day
Old 02-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Paw!!! You're doing great!! I was 265.5 today. Down. 5 lb. Finally below 266!! Yay!!
Old 02-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

oncloud9 - wow wish I was down to 266 - but know that I will get there... that is just wonderful for you... so proud of you

had breakfast of bacon and eggs and hot tea
lunch - was a large salad with some chicken and some cheese crisps
snack - two cheese crisps with one egg (egg salad) on the crisps

now I am still full.. do not know what to do it is almost 7pm and I am not hungry ... so may just have some hot tea..... I just have to be careful... because with my diabetes my sugar can drop really fast when I am on my food plan.... I had the snack because I felt weird and took my blood sugar and it was 77 and I knew I had to eat something.... what a drag... LOL trying to get my weight down, but sometimes if I do not eat enough my sugar goes weird.....
Old 02-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

What are cheese crisps? Do you make them yourself? Just curious.

Laying back relaxing tonight, feeling stuffed, but just ate my protein and veggies with tahini for my fat. Too bad it was so late. I will probably be up for a while while it digests.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!! Today was my first day off from work after an 8 day stretch and I have felt yucky all day....TOM arrived with cramps and had a bit of a constipation problem that has since been solved . On a good note...I got to sleep in until 8:30am ...that rarely happens! I made oven baked chicken fajitas....saw the recipe on Facebook...minus the tortillas
Old 02-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

mary - cheese crisps are so simple... just take a cheese slice and I tear it into 4 pieces and put them on a sheet of parchment paper (in a circle) and nuke it for about one minute.... and then again for about 30 sec..... I use a hard cheese like American, cheddar, Colby or pepper jack...

I have even done a whole slice of cheese and then put egg or tuna salad on it... kind of like a open face sandwich...

I love my cheese crisps... eat them with salads and soups..... I usually do two slices to make my cheese crisps...

Michele - hope that you are feeling better now.....
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday ~ Week is going good so far. Busy but what else is new. LOL My goal for February is Walking tape - 22 times, 100,000 steps and 2 pounds.

Thanks Kathy ~ I really enjoy the walking tape, especially since it has been really cold.

on the new low OnCloud9

Goal on making your goal

Diane ~ Cheese crisps sound and easy to make. Thanks.

Mary ~ Hope you enjoyed your relaxing.

Michele ~ Hoping you are feeling better
Old 02-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
The last couple of weeks have been my worst eating since my restart late last March. Not a blow out, but some carb creep for sure. Why? Can I blame it on stress at work and the awful winter cold? Really I am not looking for excuses as much as trying to conjure up the day by day focus to stay on plan. Giving myself a little kick . . .
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote