Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Monday ~ It is the end of Day 11 for me. Did my walking tape before work, which is way better, I have more energy in the morning. DH switches shifts every 2 weeks, he is on days now which means he leaves at 4am, the previous 2 weeks, he is still sleeping when I get up in the morning, meaning I can't do it until after work and sometimes that is 10pm if I have meetings.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148
Start Date: Jan 2001
Great job, everyone, in getting back on track.

My stomach is upset today, rumbling, so as to not want to eat. Must be a bug, I guess. I hardly ever get sick. If it isn't a bug, it is something I ate or drank.

I am going to give a try to sprouting some lentils. A friend does it with chickpeas too. She said the starch in the bean gets used up in the process of the lentil germinating. It unpacks all kinds of goodness. Hope it works.

I feel like going back to bed today. Don't start work until 10:15 pm. We are on mandatory OT, so for the next ten weeks, it is 5 nine hour days.

Wish everyone the best today.

MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/257.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Well - had a bad weekend, really bad, but got back on track yesterday. Need to work out a better plan for weekends, for me to succeed.
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
Still here, still doing well Had a tiny up-tick in my weight this morning, but I know that happens from time to time, so I'm not letting it bug me!! It's all about the trend and I know it'll be back down tomorrow

Anyone have any tips or tricks that work for them? I personally have a lot better results with tracking, I use an app on my phone and I have a FitBit that counts my steps that syncs with it to add calories back in (that I try not to use!). I'm going to start today trying to get at least 10,000 steps a day, not going to be easy, but I can do it!!! First plan for today is packing up the baby and heading to WalMart lol

Goal #1- 230- Back to pre-preg weight
Goal #2- 199- Back to Onederland
Final Goal- 160- For now, then reassess

New LCF Journal- TBA!
My neglected blog- BaconBeatsBread.com
Sara7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Hello ladies!! Still hanging in there! I'm using up some of my bountiful basket veggies for supper tonight. ...making Zuppa Touscana soup minus the potatoes...it's smells delicious!!

Cloud9: it sounds like we are in the same boat...just keep bouncing up and down in the 260's

Have a great day everyone!!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Yep, Michele. I was a wonderful 265 this morning but who knows what tomorrow holds. I just can't seem to get under 265. I have bounced from here so many times. I have eaten well today and really hope I keep my number or lose!!

Bought a new KIA Sorento today. We had one and loved it so bought another. Yay!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Michele, how was the soup?

cloud9, great job getting back to your low! Yay for a new car!

Plugging along over here... scale's bouncing but what else is new, right? Hoping that by revamping my menus maybe will shake things up alittle bit. Fingers crossed! Exercise is coming along slowly but surely....have I mentioned how much I hate to sweat ..... I'm determined to find a way to love it.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle : the soup was fantastic!! I'm with you and the sweating....lol...hate it!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

265 again today!! Yay! I'll take it! Picked up the car and I love it!! Paid no money, got a lower car payment and get to drive a new vehicle!! I couldn't resist!!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Cloud, congrats!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wednesday ~ Day 13 for me. Had a really difficult time when I was grocery shopping after lunch, so I wasn't hungry but walking though the bakery, the smells were amazing and I was almost snatched by the "one bite won't kill me" monster.

Did my exercise tape before work and was hoping to be home early enough to do it again tonight but of course, I wasn't home early enough and I didn't have any energy. So far I've walked 11 miles in January. Of course, my goal is 31.

Mary ~ Hope you are feeling better?

Sk8termom ~ Glad that you are back on track.

Sara - Glad all is good. Best thing for me is to plan and prepare what I'm going to eat.

Thecloude1 ~ soup sounds

Oncloud9now2 ~ Congrats on the new car. I just the new car smell.

Danielle ~ If you figure out a way to love sweat, please share. Actually, I guess I could be okay with the sweat, it is the being out of breath that I don't like.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks MaryMary!
I was at 264.5 today!! I'm afraid to get too excited as I am the Bounce Queen!! Lol
Old 01-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Cindy~ I am so proud of you for committing to exercise this month! Every time I have thought about not doing it this week I've thought of you. I remind myself that if you can do it on top of all that work and volunteering, then, well, I better get on it! So thank you, for being an inspiration when I really need it most!! When I figure out how to love the sweat, you will be the first one I tell You'd think that all those endorphins kicking in would be good and I'd be nearly euphoric at the idea of burning calories...but no... It's such a dumb thing to hate, too..and totally ironic because I truly want a life of fitness!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

I'm just having a bad day....I can't seem to stay focused on my diet for more then a couple days ....I'm feeling defeated and I have so much more to lose......congrats to the rest of you for staying on plan and continuing to see the scale move down!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Michele, someone explained to me once that Inhave to focus on what I can control not the results. For example, I can control my actions today by planning my meals and eating what I plan, by drinking water, walking 10 inutes, reading a book, playing on my Ipad i can't control the resukts if all that. If I take the next right action toward my goal, I am heading in the right direction. I had to let go of the number on the scale and the dress size I imagined. As hard as it was, for the first few years I only weighed myself once a month on the first. Even now, I only count the number on the first. I might hop on more frequently but don't pay attention if it is in the same ballpark.

Today was a really long day. I left for work at 9 am and got home at 9:45 tonight. Just finishing up dinner. Then going to go lay down to relax. Morning comes too soon.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

I understand, Michele. I snacked too much today. I've been doing well and today I go and eat too much! I don't know???? We'll see in the morning.....

Last edited by oncloud9now2; 01-16-2014 at 09:12 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday ~ Day 15 just about done. Having my fave buffalo chicken, bacon, ranch salad for dinner. Did my 1 mile walking tape every day this week except Sunday

Excited about this weekend. Thinking lots and lots about what I'm going to eat, including snacks, etc. Including at the concert .... where I usually have popcorn (I don't know why).

oncloud9now2 - it is going to stick

Thanks Danielle - That is very nice of you to say.

Thecloude1 - I think we have all been in the same place at some point in our journey.

Mary ~ love the idea of focusing on what I can control, not the results.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brynn
Happy Weekend! Congrats on the losses and hang in there if you are like me fighting the good fight no matter what the scale says!

I'm definitely part of the Bouncing Scales Club this week. I have been up and down within 2 lbs all week long, but nothing lower than last week really. I have been completely on plan, exercising daily, some days exercising a bunch and had a nice deficit every day. I think mine might be cycle related, but I will hang in there because the only other option is to gain. And I am not going there!!!

Have a great week everyone!
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I just want to thank everyone for their support on here..I know I can always come here for some encouragement ..you all rock!!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm what happened to everyone?
Old 01-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi Everyone,

Just checking in. Cindy great job with the walking. Walking daily makes me feel so much better.
Michele I have a problem trying to stay focused too. I try to take it day by day. I try not to think how long or how much I have to lose. It is very hard, but when I lose even just one pound , I am so thrilled!
Jan you are doing fantastic.
Mary I just ordered a fitbit and I can't wait until it I can use it.
I have a spinach lasagna in the oven right now and it smells soooo good.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
I am back..... was doing so well since Sept... then the holidays hit.. and I do not do well during Dec... both my parents are gone now and both their birthdays are in Dec... Dad's is Christmas Eve...

so I ate .... and ate and gained some weight...so now back.......

going to Michigan in May to see sons, DIL's and my three grandbabies... so I want to lose as much as I can......... the game is on.........
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Pawleys, sorry to hearyou had a rough patch. Refocus on today. Not the past or the future. What can you do today to advance to your goal?

Hi cloude1, I didn't disappear but took a break from posting for a couple days. Just reading. I managedto make it through the olidays unscathed. But it is after where I can fall on my face. So this month and next I remain vigilant, write my daily plan down, weigh out my portions for day trips and bring backup always so that no matter where I go or who I see, I a prepared.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:54 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday ~ weekend was good. Proud to be posting at the end of Day 18. (21 days and they say - not sure who they are - a new habit is formed!) Got home about 1pm, did my walking tape and worked for the balance of the afternoon.

Barenaked Ladies was ok. They played lots of stuff from their new CD which I had never heard before. Thinking about who I would like to see next.

Goal - Way to go hanging in there.

Michele - Agree .... great supportive group

Sammi - Spinach lasagne sounds

Pawleys - sorry you had a tough holiday season but way to go getting back in the game.

Mary ~ Are you still working overtime? Love the question "What can you do today to advance to your goal?"

Personally, I'm thinking small achievable goals with non-food related awards and not looking at the big picture.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Diana, I am so happy you are back. I'm sorry you had a hard December. Michigan is such a great goal. You can do this!

My goal is moving in 5 months and starting a new job. I am very excited to start all over in a new state. I have faithfully been walking everyday. What a difference in how I feel.

Have a great day everyone.
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy, yes we mandatory OT until the end of March. 1 hr day. Am at lunch now but will b hre until 8 pm
Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
mary - I am back writing in my journal - writing down everything I eat and all my exercise...that helps my mind-set....

cindy - I agree small achievable goals are better than looking at one big one....

sammi - good job on your walking... I will start doing my walking tape each day... I am back with my water aerobics... the warm water always feels so good....

today I planned my meals... that really does help me... and I ate clean..... and did not snack... so off to a good start....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:14 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

The small disciples around food really do help. It puts a beginning and an end to eating so I don't have to think about food all day because I know what I am going to have at the next meal. This part is the key for me
Old 01-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wednesday and Day 20 for me! I keep hope it gets easier but it doesn't. One meal at a time. I can do this

Sammi ~ Way to go with walking. Moving and a new job. How exciting.

Mary ~ Wow, that is a long time for mandatory OT but must be nice with the extra money or do you get to take time off?

Diana ~ Love writing in my journal and glad you had a good day!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brynn
Great attitude everyone! I actually lost 3 lbs this week. Woohoo! That makes up for the bouncing scale last week. I looked back and my goal was to get below 234 by VDay so I might just make it. I'm a little over 2 lbs away. And even with my hormones out of whack, surely I can do that in 3 weeks! YES I CAN!!!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone! Stay warm!!!
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote