Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Thursday ~ Thanks for the welcomes. It feels good to be back and to see some familiar faces.

I made it through Day 7, had a couple of scary moments but it is the first time in a while, I have strung together 7 days in a row.

Happy tomorrow is Friday .... this first week back to work has been exhausting.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 03:51 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Great going, Cindym. I look forward to hearing your stories of success!
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:35 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/264/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Great job Cindy!!!! I went to BJ's last night, got a pork roast, some salmon, chicken drumsticks, Brie cheese. I had grilled salmon topped with butter and garlic pepper for dinner last night, yum!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Sounds yummy sk8!! We have a BJ's but Sam's is just down road and I love their meats.

WTG Cindy!!You travel a lot with your job right? How do you handle being in restaurants so much? Just pick the healthy choices? Have to watch people all around you having'goodies'? It's got to be hard if it's a frequent thing.

I was up a pound today for no reason. I wanted an Atkins bar so badly last night but didn't give in. So mad!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
I'm in! I am a slower loser, but am going to work hard to average a lb loss per week. Aiming to get below 234.

01/10: 238.8

Good luck everyone!

G
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Hi Everyone ~ I'm back. Just completed Day 6.

Happy New Year :-)
I don't know how I missed this! I'm so happy to see you!

QUOTE=MaryMary;16749475]Hi Sara and FattyBoBetty. Welcome!

They have given us a visitor wifi at work, so I can access my IPad now at lunch. Yeh!

My boss asked to be my walking partner here during lunchtime. I haven't been walking because of the cold. So I will go out now that I have a reason. Mind over maater, I hope that works.[/QUOTE]
Yay for a walking buddy!! Stay warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oct2667us View Post
Hi all , well i am been trying to stay one plan but i wont get to shop till Tuesday. so it has been not so easy with a house full of carbs and not to meany LC foods. I am doing my best till I can shop.

How is every one doing?
Hang in there, hon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom View Post
Great job Cindy!!!! I went to BJ's last night, got a pork roast, some salmon, chicken drumsticks, Brie cheese. I had grilled salmon topped with butter and garlic pepper for dinner last night, yum!
Sounds like you're all stocked up with some yummy goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Sounds yummy sk8!! We have a BJ's but Sam's is just down road and I love their meats.

WTG Cindy!!You travel a lot with your job right? How do you handle being in restaurants so much? Just pick the healthy choices? Have to watch people all around you having'goodies'? It's got to be hard if it's a frequent thing.

I was up a pound today for no reason. I wanted an Atkins bar so badly last night but didn't give in. So mad!!
Dang it! I hate it when that happens! At least you know you did the right thing and that scale will repay you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalN2014 View Post
I'm in! I am a slower loser, but am going to work hard to average a lb loss per week. Aiming to get below 234.

01/10: 238.8

Good luck everyone!

G
A pound a week is a very healthy goal. Good luck!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Happy Friday everyone!!! Just finished making hot wings for hubby and salt and vinegar wings for me Not much to report here...still just trudging along...hoping to see some downward movement on the scale soon

Cindy: So happy to see you back!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oct2667us
Stats: 290/290/199
Start Date: re start 1/6/2014
hello all well it is Friday and so far so good i been staying on track. Hope yall have a great weekend.
Oh how are the prices at BJ on there meat?
oct2667us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Had some kosher beef salami for dinner that I got at BJs - about 4 ounces, 1g carb/ounce. Not ideal, but didn't have time to make dinner. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm on day 10!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks again everyone .... it does feel good to be back. I have really missed everyone. Day 8 is almost over. So much junk food at the office today. OMG, I think some people just eat all day (yes, yes that was me before). Ended up just staying in my office, which isn't good because I wasn't walking laps and drinking enough water.

Reward is a glass of wine with dinner. Having my fave salad, buffalo chicken ranch salad with bacon

I'm really encouraging myself with rewards and so far, staying away from s/f candy.

Not sure what BJ's is .... thinking maybe we don't have one in small town Vernon.

I'm sure some of you will remember that my scale has been broken or stuck, therefore, I don't really know what I weigh until it is under 323. Still on fence as to whether to get a new one or just know that soon I will back under 323 and that it is just a number. More important is how I feel. (Now if only I could actually believe that.)

My personal goal for January is to have done the 1 mile walking tape - 31 times and I started Jan 3 and missed 1 day already. 7 done, 24 to go. Thinking of trying to do it twice tomorrow and Sunday.

As for my goal for his challenge - I'm still not sure.

Thanks again
Old 01-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and I'm sorry, I forgot to answer the question about travelling and eating out. I don't travel really far enough to have to worry about air travel, when I'm being good, like now, I pack really yummy s/f pop to drink and pork rinds, pepperoni & cheese slices. I've been known to go through the drive through and request 2 sides of bacon. Yes, they look at me funny but I don't care.

And when I'm eating at restaurants, I'm usually okay if I talk to myself first and I never ever have them bring when I choose not to eat, even if someone else at the table will eat it. I know it is a waste but if they put garlic bread on my plate - that is very difficult for me. I even ask for my Caesar salad without croutons.

My biggest problem is events that are plated and sometimes with the buffet. Those dessert buffets are really hard for me. This time, I'm really going to work on the reward system. For example, if I stick to my plan, I can have an Atkins bar after the dinner, if I'm feeling hungry (and I'm always hungry) OR a pedicure - something like that.

Sorry for the long explanation. I'm obviously very wordy tonight.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you are well on your way and with a good plan, Cindy.

Welcome Goal!!! I too am a slow loser due to many reasons. I try for a pound a week now that I'm several months in. My goal is 260 by Valentines. 266 but was up a lb yesterday so I didn't weigh today. I'm giving myself a few days.

WTG oct!!!! Proud of you!!

Michele-You have had such great success!! WTG!!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle- I don't know what it is about your posts but they are always so insightful and uplifting!! I think you should start a blog! Bet you'd have thousands of subscribers! I tried to go to your journal but I only get a few days. Probably doing it wrong. Lol
Old 01-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Happy Saturday, ladies!

Quote:
Danielle- I don't know what it is about your posts but they are always so insightful and uplifting!! I think you should start a blog! Bet you'd have thousands of subscribers! I tried to go to your journal but I only get a few days. Probably doing it wrong. Lol
Aw, you're sweet!! You should be able to just click the link in my siggy and it should take you to the very beginning of my journal.

Reward day was a success. I stayed within my calorie allotment and had my gallon of water. Skipped the popcorn last night! I was so full from dinner I could not even imagine eating that too. All-in-all it was a good day!

Trying to get my youngest kiddo on the mend. Poor kid's been home for 4 days with the flu.. she's finally turned the corner, I think...it's been a loonnnng week, as DD19 was sick as well but I don't think she had what DD17 had. Just glad it's almost over!!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about your girls! Flu has hit hard in Georgia. Several family members had it before, during and after Christmas. Worst Christmas in years!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Heard last night the flu has hit young people the worst. Mostly because they didn't get the flu shot.

Just returned the TV to Sam's Club today. It had streaks in the picture. Now we have no TV. We are ok without TV. We keep busy.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

bloated out this morning - i'm going to drink more water today, and hopefully get a wooosh! soon. At least I didn't gain anything. Have a great weekend!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:45 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Binge last night - ugh!!!!! Got to get back on track today. Cooking some pulled pork, eating fresh country sausage for breakfast. I hate this!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Sk8- I did the same thing! So mad at myself. Ate everything legal in the house! Ate the last two days that way. Evening!! I am a bottomless pit from about 3 on. 270 this morning!! Blech!!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sara7272
Stats: 269/242/160 5'4"-31yo
WOE: Low carb my own way, started at 280 in 9/2010
Start Date: Starting over.... 1/6/14
I'm hanging in there, doing really well so far!!! I forgot how much tracking helps!

KUTGW folks, don't get discouraged, just keep on truckin'!
Sara7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sk8- I did the same thing! So mad at myself. Ate everything legal in the house! Ate the last two days that way. Evening!! I am a bottomless pit from about 3 on. 270 this morning!! Blech!!
we can get back on track oncloud9now!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcomes. I was debating on having a Treat Day weekly to keep my metabolism going, but was waiting to see where my weight stabilized after the holidays. So, I waited until after 10 days on plan. I had some wine yesterday and the scale was not happy with me this morning. Hopefully by Friday's weigh in things will be back headed in the right direction. Otherwise, Treat Days might have to be once a month or no alcohol. Whatever it takes to keep me from giving up this time.

Danielle: Glad to hear that your Reward Day was successful! I hope your family gets well soon!

Thecloude: Wings! Yum!

Oct2667: Way to go staying on track!

Sk8termom: Yay for Day 10 and not gaining! Looks like several of us over-did it yesd. We will make up for it today on.

Cindym: The rewards sound like a good idea. Maybe I should do that instead of Treat Days... My biggest problem with alcohol is the munchies that go with it.

Oncloud9now2: Yep, I lose the water weight pretty quickly but once things stabilize, I am lucky to get off a lb per week. That is why I have to count calories along with watching the carbs. We will work extra hard this week and things will turn around for us that overdid it! I think our metabolism appreciates being shook up.

MaryMary: I can't imagine being without a TV. I watch way too much! My DVR stays full.

Sara: Yay for doing so well! Woohoo!

I hope everyone has a great rest-of-the day!

G

Last edited by Easily Amused; 01-12-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Old 01-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday .... Made it through Saturday but it was tough. Received some news that wasn't what I expected and had a very hard time not slipping into my usual behaviours .... but I didn't and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

Today is Day 10! Didn't sleep very well last night and thinking about having a nap.

to those who need them and to all the losers
Old 01-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

So far so good today! No nuts or pork skins. I just can't have them every day. I have eaten well today so I should be down some water weight tomorrow. I just finished a huge salad for dinner and am not eating again before bed. (Even if I have to go to bed soon! Lol)
Old 01-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Sk8 and Goal- How did your eating go today?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Cloud2, when I was first getting my eating regulated, I had to go to my bedroo, as soon as possible after dinner, even if that meant reading or knitting in bed. The TV would be on and my mind was occupied. I would call friends who were following my foodplan too. The first 30 days I was real gentle with myself, didn't expect too much from myself other than to follow my foodplan. That was the most important thing in my day. My priority #1. Any requests or social engagements came second. As soon as I entertained the thought that I might have a treat or might have just a little, I had already done it in my head, it would be just a matter of time before I actually would break out. To avoid all that, I tell myself it is not an option period.

I went to a yoga class today. Wonder what I will feel like tomorrow. The downward dog and plank position almost did me in. I definitely have a balance issue. Don't know if it will get better until I give this a try.

Have a great week, everyone.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

MaryMary- That's actually a good idea. I've already taken one cue from you by taking my tablet to bed with me. I can post and read others when in bed for the night. I can also read books I have stored. That tip has helped.

I was down 2lbs today. I'm sure it's water from all the salty foods. 268. Still trying for 260 by Valentines.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sk8 and Goal- How did your eating go today?
I had a great day! I was at the low end of my calorie range and my carbs were in check.

Congrats on losing 2 lbs! I did too, but mine was also water from the Treat Day gain. TOM is late so I'm still holding some water, I think, because the scale is staying right above where it was on Friday's official weigh in.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

I went to a birthday lunch today for my great niece. It was at my favorite restaurant where I usually have one of their yummy pasta dishes. Today, I had Mediterranean grilled chicken and a Greek salad. It was great and I am so proud of myself. I enjoy the atmosphere as much as the food.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't eat any snacks. Going to bed.Yay!!