Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slvrmoon
Time to stop giving up

I saw someone's avatar that says that if you're tired of starting over, then stop giving up. That is a fantastic quote. I downloaded the picture and set it as the desktop background on my laptop.

Here's a bit of an intro and short history. In 2005/2006 I lost a little over 110lbs using Stillman's type program. I maintained for about three years (I did have some creep, but it was relatively minor) and then I had some health issues and was on powerful pain meds which, if you've never suffered chronic pain and taken narcotics long term, made me care less about what I was eating so long as I didn't have to spend much time cooking. I had spinal fusion surgery in my neck the day after Christmas 2012. I had gained back up to 250 at the beginning of last year. After I got off the meds, I spent the year dieting off and on, up and down, and only once got under 250 during the year. On Monday, I weighed in at 276 which is only 4lbs short of where I started in 2005!

I've been trying paleo/primal and liver cleansing and the Eades' six week cure and a liquid diet and all of them failed me. This body cannot lose weight on a "balanced diet" no matter how much I love some veggies, and the liquid diet left me so hungry I was ready to chew my arm off.

I restarted my "protein fast" and planned for myself to be able to eat the way my body was going to want - frequently- instead of the way I thought I should for the first couple of weeks and I will reduce the quantities as my hunger becomes sated on less food per feeding.

I'm at 273 this morning. I have my boot camp reunion (22 years) in September this year and I would like to not be the largest person there (by far) this year like I was in May of last year! If my body cooperates and I stick to it, I should be able to be around 200 by then!
slvrmoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links