Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   300+ Support Group★January★ 2014 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/819829-300-support-group-january-2014-a.html)

debkeversole 12-31-2013 11:14 AM

300+ Support Group★January★ 2014

300+ Support Group★January★ 2014

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

We are a group of Men and Women, most of whom weigh or have weighed over 300 pounds at some point. We post here to give or to get support, share our daily struggles and victories. Everyone is WELCOME! regardless of size! or Program! We encourage all you LURKERS to come on in and post!!!
WELCOME!!

debkeversole 12-31-2013 11:16 AM

January, 2014 Bizarre and Unique Holidays

Month:

National Bath Safety Month
National Blood Donor Month
National Braille Literacy Month
National Hobby Month
Hot Tea Month
National Oatmeal Month
National Soup Month
Week Celebrations:

2nd Week Letter Writing Week

January 2014 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 New Year's Day

2 Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day

3 Festival of Sleep Day

3 Fruitcake Toss Day

3 Humiliation Day

4 Trivia Day

5 National Bird Day

6 Bean Day

6 Cuddle Up Day

7 Old Rock Day

8 Bubble Bath Day

8 Male Watcher's Day

9 Play God Day

10 Houseplant Appreciation Day

10 Peculiar People Day

11 Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day

12 Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day

12 National Pharmacist Day

13 International Skeptics Day

13 Make Your Dream Come True Day

14 Dress Up Your Pet Day

15 National Hat Day

16 National Nothing Day

17 Ditch New Years Resolutions Day

18 Thesaurus Day

18 Winnie the Pooh Day -The Birthday of Winnie's author A.A. Milne

19 National Popcorn Day

20 National Buttercrunch Day

20 Penguin Awareness Day

20 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday , celebrated on the third Monday

21 National Hugging Day

21 Squirrel Appreciation Day

22 National Blonde Brownie Day

23 National Pie Day

23 National Handwriting Day

23 Measure Your Feet Day- we only ask...."Why!?!"

24 Beer Can Appreciation Day

24 Compliment Day

25 Opposite Day

26 Spouse's Day

27 Chocolate Cake Day

27 Punch the Clock Day

28 Fun at Work Day

28 National Kazoo Day

29 National Puzzle Day

29 National Cornchip Day

30 National Inane Answering Message Day

31 Backward Day

31 Inspire Your Heart with Art Day

debkeversole 12-31-2013 11:26 AM

we only made 8 pages last month

shout outs to Jan, Mary , Kathy, Eliza, Mona, Sue, Lucky, Chewie , Keep, Brandi, Christine,Gloria and Chris! and anyone else i may have missed!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

TheRainbowAlicorn hope you get to drop in soon! it is summer in Australia right now isn't it??
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/new_ye...s-new-year.gif
today Molly is 8 weeks and is Kenny's 24th birthday

chewiegand 12-31-2013 11:30 AM

Hi Hi Hi Happy New year. I hope to get on here more often. Time is at a premium now while working full time. I'm on the computer all day and when I get home, don't feel like getting on it again and have stuff to do. KWIM? We're staying home and having appetizers tonight. YUM

debkeversole 12-31-2013 01:05 PM

Howdy Chewie! i am glad you are getting to work
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...355faf3306.jpg

debkeversole 12-31-2013 01:23 PM

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...90da6b031a.jpg

Kath17 01-01-2014 09:55 AM

Happy New Year to everyone!! I'm looking forward to a healthier year!:)

Kathy

debkeversole 01-01-2014 11:18 AM

HOWDY ALL can NOT believe it is 2014!

Papaw and Molly going to take on the world
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...61186126_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...95186553_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...87282936_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...73130504_n.jpg

oncloud9now2 01-01-2014 04:07 PM

Happy New Year everyone! DH and I spent Thursday, the day after Christmas, Friday, and Monday babysitting our little Fox! Yay! He had a mild case of flu so they didn't get to come for Christmas. He was much better but they didn't want him to go to the sitter's. So thankful we had some time with him.

Deb- Sorry you're not getting to see little Molly as much as you want. You know that I totally understand!! We enjoyed Fox as much as possible; we never know when we'll get to see him again.

oncloud9now2 01-01-2014 04:08 PM

Thank you so much Deb for starting us off this new year! It's beautiful as always!!

debkeversole 01-01-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 (Post 16737441)
Happy New Year everyone! DH and I spent Thursday, the day after Christmas, Friday, and Monday babysitting our little Fox! Yay! He had a mild case of flu so they didn't get to come for Christmas. He was much better but they didn't want him to go to the sitter's. So thankful we had some time with him.

Deb- Sorry you're not getting to see little Molly as much as you want. You know that I totally understand!! We enjoyed Fox as much as possible; we never know when we'll get to see him again.

oh i am so glad you got to keep him:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

oncloud9now2 01-01-2014 04:18 PM

I made poor but conscious food decisions today and the last few days. I start back tomorrow on my journey to good health. I have finally learned that I'm doing this for myself and it's not a race! Also, I'm not being a fanatic like last time so that I will not have the same results as last time. This must be a way of life that I can live with; I will never be 'finished'.

oncloud9now2 01-01-2014 04:19 PM

Me too Deb!! Poor DH was beside himself!!!

debkeversole 01-01-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 (Post 16737460)
Me too Deb!! Poor DH was beside himself!!!

i saw the pic of Fox and pawpaw! made me smile!:love:

oncloud9now2 01-01-2014 04:41 PM

Awwww.Thanks Deb! I love the one of Molly kicking in those cute shoes!

MaryMary 01-01-2014 05:12 PM

Hello everyone, how's 2014 been so far for you all?

debkeversole 01-01-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 (Post 16737509)
Awwww.Thanks Deb! I love the one of Molly kicking in those cute shoes!

those are just socks! my sister bought all those clothes for them?? there were six pairs of those socks that looked like shoes! do you know those kids still have not called her to thank her?? honestly Kenny was raised much better i do not know what happened to my son

debkeversole 01-01-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryMary (Post 16737552)
Hello everyone, how's 2014 been so far for you all?

hi Mary been the same here in the house sitting on the computer and Ken has started the new year with an attack of course soo sick to his stomach head hurting so much he can't see and his right side is very stiff he can still move it so it sure isn't the worst he has had but i hate seeing him like this
Steven slept until 2 pm! lol but he stayed up most of the night online
how has your day been??

oncloud9now2 01-01-2014 07:38 PM

Those socks are the cutest things! I need to look for some for Fox!
I know what you mean about your son. Something happens when they're influenced by the DIL.

oncloud9now2 01-01-2014 07:44 PM

Sorry Ken had a bad day to start off the year. Hope tomorrow will be better!

MellyBean82 01-01-2014 11:26 PM

Hi everyone! :hiya: I'm Melanie.
New to LCF, not so new to low carb WOE. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and Happy New Year!
I've been overweight my entire life...literally since infancy. The last time I was under 300 pounds was junior high school.
My total weight loss goal is -249 pounds...I started Induction on 12/20/13 and am down 22 pounds as of this morning. WOOHOO! :jumpjoy:
I'll be staying on Induction for as long as I can stand it. :yummy: lol

MaryMary 01-02-2014 04:44 AM

Hi MellyBean, welcome. I was where you are back in 2001 and woukd be happy to help you in any way. I found that taking it one day at a time really helps, and letting go of the otion that you have to lose it all quickly. It is for your life and chaning old habits take time. I found it helps to clean up the environment. Remove any stashed food from around the house and cars. Keep and eat in the kitchen dining area only. These are things that helped a lot. One thing I did do was to keep a bottle of water in every room so when I felt hungry and if it wasn't meal time, I would take 10 sips of water and get busy with something.

Back to work today. Last night it started snowing and will continue until tomorrow morning, so I am working from home both days. Planning on a foot or more.

Have a good one everyone!

debkeversole 01-02-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyBean82 (Post 16737871)
Hi everyone! :hiya: I'm Melanie.
New to LCF, not so new to low carb WOE. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and Happy New Year!
I've been overweight my entire life...literally since infancy. The last time I was under 300 pounds was junior high school.
My total weight loss goal is -249 pounds...I started Induction on 12/20/13 and am down 22 pounds as of this morning. WOOHOO! :jumpjoy:
I'll be staying on Induction for as long as I can stand it. :yummy: lol

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...Gj_RaC--r0Jteu
nice to meet you and AWESOME loss especially through the holidays!! KUTGW!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

debkeversole 01-02-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryMary (Post 16738029)
Hi MellyBean, welcome. I was where you are back in 2001 and woukd be happy to help you in any way. I found that taking it one day at a time really helps, and letting go of the otion that you have to lose it all quickly. It is for your life and chaning old habits take time. I found it helps to clean up the environment. Remove any stashed food from around the house and cars. Keep and eat in the kitchen dining area only. These are things that helped a lot. One thing I did do was to keep a bottle of water in every room so when I felt hungry and if it wasn't meal time, I would take 10 sips of water and get busy with something.

Back to work today. Last night it started snowing and will continue until tomorrow morning, so I am working from home both days. Planning on a foot or more.

Have a good one everyone!

WOW a FOOT!! eek! i will take half and that way we both could have some snow! supposed to be about 6 degrees here tonight! eek
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...r-Freezing.gif

Ken slept until 10:30 this morning and felt well enough to shower with me in the bathroom with him just in case now he is dressed all the way to shoes:jumpjoy: much better than yesterday

debkeversole 01-02-2014 08:29 AM

soo what is everyone into today?? i am going to gather up all the garbage so we can go to the dump tomorrow if the roads aren't too icy
got litter pans cleaned and have started the dishes
rained all night so all the water Steven was able to get out of that hole under the house is right back in it

SIGH have to take Steven back to school next week sure will miss him A LOT!

debkeversole 01-02-2014 10:02 AM

i spoke too soon about Ken having a better day he looks better can move better but man oh man is he CONFUSED and honestly talking like someone with Alzheimer's this is scaring me

MaryMary 01-02-2014 10:10 AM

Deb, has he had the battery of neuropsychology tests. It is a baseline to test ability to handle life and remember things. I highly recommend it. My DH had it done in November and it confirmed my observations. At least we have an action plan

debkeversole 01-02-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryMary (Post 16738526)
Deb, has he had the battery of neuropsychology tests. It is a baseline to test ability to handle life and remember things. I highly recommend it. My DH had it done in November and it confirmed my observations. At least we have an action plan

he has a neuropsycology appointment on the 13th with the VA i don't know what if anything they will do. so far i have not been pleased at all with the help thye have given him
i am so glad you all have an action plan
what all did the testing involve??

oncloud9now2 01-02-2014 02:14 PM

A foot of snow! Wow! I don't see how you all can stand that all winter.(I know, you don't see how we stand the humidity. LOL)
Deb- So sorry about Ken. Maybe these tests will finally give you some answers. Sorry about the new water under house too. Man!!:hugs::hugs:
:welcome::welcome:Melly! Can't wait to get to know you!!

debkeversole 01-02-2014 02:28 PM

HOWDY JAN! pouring the snow here! COLD and oh my the wind is HOWLING!!! the electricity is blinking on and off WHEW
what ya been up to today???