Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
IDK if i had posted about it before but the top piece to steven's quilt is a vintage original 1984 transformers sheet . had a ROUGH time finding i t and was soo pleased to find one whose colors were still like brand new doesn't look too bad for 30 years old huh?? He collects transformers and to have something from the original time will be special to him
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #242

Old 01-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey everyone I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing. It appears everyone is doing well

I started school again. 6 week winter session, so all the classes are accelerated meaning my life and sleep are taken from me at the moment. I have been sleeping 2-4 hours a night, so I have been kinda lazy to post.

I lost 1.2 pounds this week. I was bummed but I did lose 12 pounds the first week, so I can't complain. I weighed the next day and it said I gained a pound. So now I am back at 322. I really want to get out of the 320s this week. I need to make time to spend time doing aerobic exercise. Hopefully that helps.

I wish it would snow here too. Sure I love the beautiful weather here, but I do miss the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
I'm claiming it.... 324.6 this morning!! 90lbs gone it doesn't feel like I've lost that much, but there are so many improvements in how I feel since starting in May; I can walk and stand much longer, my back hurts much less, overall I have much more energy, My seatbelt buckles so much better, I laugh a lot more, everyday looks more promising.....it's good stuff! Still, I can't wait to get below 300.

Deb, good luck to Ken for the interview! Take care of youself too, rest up

Kathy
THATS AMAZING Sooooooo inspiring to me!! Sometimes I feel like I will never get anywhere with this much weight to lose. I also can't wait to get below 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
i have been enjoying watching the 600 lb. weight loss stories on TV. anyone else? i can so relate to them. if i hadn't used restraint, i could have been one of those people. even at my highest i didn't eat like some of those people. not that i wouldn't have loved to try it.

anyone else have this same mentality? i feel like i'm alone in this respect, most of the time. and when i watch those shows on people losing so much weight, listen to their emotions/fears, i feel in good company.
AND

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i only have netflix so have just seen one episode of my 600 lb life and yes i agree i could easily get there if i don't get back on track soon i know i will hit 400
how many more episodes did they make?? i used to love to watch Big medicine and shows like that when i had cable
I do like to watch those shows. I hope this doesn't sound mean and insensitive, but I watch them to scare myself into losing weight. I just couldn't imagine life at that weight. I can gain weight extremely fast, so I know it's possible. I do find it inspiring that those people have found the strength within themselves to make changes. I feel like I they can do it, I can do. But mostly I am thinking how much I do not want that to be me.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Oh Deb!! Love the quilt!! I know he is thrilled!!! That will be an heirloom. He'll even have the collection to go with it! You're so talented! Deb,you will understand this- Fox started crying when we left their house after babysitting . I am so happy. Hehehe

Vella- You're doing great! I feel the same about the 600lb life episodes. They are motivating. I could turn into them easily.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #245

howdy all quick weary post we took Steven's stuff to him and he went out to eat with us he said he loved his quilt! and we are home Ken is exhausted and soo very pale helped me to see my boy today
supposed to get back to 0 degrees again this week eek!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annec75 View Post
Hi there my name is Anne and I am new to the boards. I weight 335 pounds and I was hoping you all would not mind if I join your group here for friendship and support.

Anne

Sorry I missed this earlier! Welcome Anne nice to meet you!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #247

Ken still feeling terrible his BS was 230 and his BP is high to but i forgot what it was he looks like he is about to pass out all the time and get irritated with me for asking how is is so often. this episode has been going on since friday IDK what to do

Howdy Vella marie sorry i missed ya last night
HAppy Monday all
Old 01-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Ken still feeling terrible his BS was 230 and his BP is high to but i forgot what it was he looks like he is about to pass out all the time and get irritated with me for asking how is is so often. this episode has been going on since friday IDK what to do

HAppy Monday all
Hugs, prayers and positive energy your way.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #249

thank you so much! BEAUTIFUL day here 54 degrees and sunny and all i want to do is sleep! supposed to get 4 inches of snow tomorrow!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
Start Date: April 2013
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I've been away -- the holidays did me in! I'm back at work and already drowning a bit. I'm going to work on catching up with the posts from the last few weeks. By the way, my mother and father in law are starting low carb. We just had the best conversation over the phone with them explaining the do's and dont's. It's going to be a whole family on low carb at this rate!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!
Keepingawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingawake View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I've been away -- the holidays did me in! I'm back at work and already drowning a bit. I'm going to work on catching up with the posts from the last few weeks. By the way, my mother and father in law are starting low carb. We just had the best conversation over the phone with them explaining the do's and dont's. It's going to be a whole family on low carb at this rate!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!
KEEP! i am soo glad to see you! will make it easier having more people to d it with you!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #252

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:

HAppy Monday all
Deb what are you doing for his BS? I know they gave him Metformin. Are you restricting his carbs and fruit? Artificial sweeteners can also raise BS. I am sorry you are having to deal with this but if you pump him full of protein and fresh veggies his BS should go down within a day or two.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
KEEP! i am soo glad to see you! will make it easier having more people to d it with you!
Thanks Deb! By the way, that quilt is BEAUTIFUL!
Keepingawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Santana
Stats: 419/419/250
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: re-start February 1, 2014
Hi there. I've used to belong to this group a few years ago. I had great success with low carb. I lost 120 lbs. needed to lose about 60 more to be where I wanted. Was doing so good. Then I had a life threatening condition which required surgery and it's been downhill since then. All of the weight has come back plus several more pounds.

I'm miserable, can barely get from room to room now. So I've decided after diet after diet that I will return to the one lifestyle that really and truly worked for me.

Are their any of the oldies around who might still remember me?????
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
Hi there. I've used to belong to this group a few years ago. I had great success with low carb. I lost 120 lbs. needed to lose about 60 more to be where I wanted. Was doing so good. Then I had a life threatening condition which required surgery and it's been downhill since then. All of the weight has come back plus several more pounds.

I'm miserable, can barely get from room to room now. So I've decided after diet after diet that I will return to the one lifestyle that really and truly worked for me.

Santana, welcome back. I wasn' t around before, but I've been through gaining all the weight back plus lots more. Low carb has always been the one thing that works for me. I'm here for the long haul

Deb, great quilts. Glad Steven loved his.

I injured my wrist over the weekend. Driving was not fun yesterday, nor was typing one handed all day. At least when I type on here I'm on my tablet and always use one hand. I've been losing weight fast this past week, haven't weighed in for today yet, but as of yesterday down to 320.2. I know my body will need to catch up soon and slow down again, but am enjoying getting out of the 320s so fast I have gotten back to drinking more water again, I think that's what's doing it

Hope everyone has a great day today! We're expecting 6 -8 inches of snow today! I love snow

Kathy
Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Hey everyone I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing. It appears everyone is doing well

I started school again. 6 week winter session, so all the classes are accelerated meaning my life and sleep are taken from me at the moment. I have been sleeping 2-4 hours a night, so I have been kinda lazy to post.

I lost 1.2 pounds this week. I was bummed but I did lose 12 pounds the first week, so I can't complain. I weighed the next day and it said I gained a pound. So now I am back at 322. I really want to get out of the 320s this week. I need to make time to spend time doing aerobic exercise. Hopefully that helps.

THATS AMAZING Sooooooo inspiring to me!! Sometimes I feel like I will never get anywhere with this much weight to lose. I also can't wait to get below 300.

Hi Vella, good luck on the new semester. Hope you can squeeze in more sleep! You've had a great start in losing! You'll be below 300 before you know it
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hi Deb, i saw a fb page for Vegetarian Low Carb Diabetics that is really interesting. Families of diabetics are welcomed too. There are probably otgers out there. As I was reading about Ken's medical problems, I was wondering if you ever kept a food journal for him to see if there is something in his diet that triggers the attacks. You might look up a book called Dr Neal Barnards Program to Reverse Diabetes without Drugs. A real eye opener.

Santana, I remember you from way back and happy that you rejoined us. I lost my weight with low carb portion control, around 1400 calories a day, no sugar, grains or alcohol. I never knew how much was enough, so my kitchen scale tells me. I stick to 3 meals a day because I don't have any medical issues but just recently gave up meat, eggs and dairy. And so far don't miss it. Welcomed back.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Deb what are you doing for his BS? I know they gave him Metformin. Are you restricting his carbs and fruit? Artificial sweeteners can also raise BS. I am sorry you are having to deal with this but if you pump him full of protein and fresh veggies his BS should go down within a day or two.
LONY!! where ya been?? is fred frozen yet?? yeah i have been making him more protein and stuff yesterday and today he is feeling better than he was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingawake View Post
Thanks Deb! By the way, that quilt is BEAUTIFUL!
thank you Keep!

we got a little bit of snow but man oh man have we got the COLD!! brrr! Rexie is once again inside! and we even brought her in the living room but she wants the WHOLE couch wouldn't let ken even have a corner LOL so we are taking time about with her in the spare room(she has a loveseat to herself!) and coming in the LR
this morning was soo peaceful laying in bed snuggly looking at the snow falling now just bitter wind and no more snow
from a poem by S.L. Smith
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post

BACK! i am glad you came back in! hope you are feeling much better now!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #260

Quote:
Santana, welcome back. I wasn' t around before, but I've been through gaining all the weight back plus lots more. Low carb has always been the one thing that works for me. I'm here for the long haul

Deb, great quilts. Glad Steven loved his.

I injured my wrist over the weekend. Driving was not fun yesterday, nor was typing one handed all day. At least when I type on here I'm on my tablet and always use one hand. I've been losing weight fast this past week, haven't weighed in for today yet, but as of yesterday down to 320.2. I know my body will need to catch up soon and slow down again, but am enjoying getting out of the 320s so fast I have gotten back to drinking more water again, I think that's what's doing it

Hope everyone has a great day today! We're expecting 6 -8 inches of snow today! I love snow

Kathy
thank you too! i am sorry about your injury!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #261

back in from getting the mail BRRR!!!! BLUSTERY out there the wind is roaring and has a bit of snow in it Ken and the cat are curled up on the couch sleeping
15 degrees and this morning it was 40 here CRAZY!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #262

Old 01-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Deb, it's really cold here today too. Single digits with wind chill 15 below. Going to be even colder overnight.... thank goodness for really warm blankets!!

I'm getting really close to 100lbs gone; I'm really happy about it and I've been in a really good mood about it, but I keep wondering something..... why hasn't a single person in my life mentioned it. All I can guess is that they have noticed but don't want to say anything because I haven't said anything about dieting or trying to get healthier or they don't want to say anything because I'm still so heavy or that no one can even tell I've lost anything.

To be honest sometimes it's hard for me to really notice except in my face and neck, but then again clothes are constantly fitting differently. I think to myself I don't ever want people paying much attention to me anyway so why should I even think about it. Even if someone said something I would downplay it. Lately I have been tempted to ask a couple of friends or my mom if they've noticed, but I don't want to know if they haven't seen any change.

I think I just get too caught up in my thoughts, because I am proud of myself and am really amazed I've gotten this far and am committed to continuing this journey.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Santana: I remember you!! Welcome back
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #265

Quote:
Deb, it's really cold here today too. Single digits with wind chill 15 below. Going to be even colder overnight.... thank goodness for really warm blankets!!

I'm getting really close to 100lbs gone; I'm really happy about it and I've been in a really good mood about it, but I keep wondering something..... why hasn't a single person in my life mentioned it. All I can guess is that they have noticed but don't want to say anything because I haven't said anything about dieting or trying to get healthier or they don't want to say anything because I'm still so heavy or that no one can even tell I've lost anything.

To be honest sometimes it's hard for me to really notice except in my face and neck, but then again clothes are constantly fitting differently. I think to myself I don't ever want people paying much attention to me anyway so why should I even think about it. Even if someone said something I would downplay it. Lately I have been tempted to ask a couple of friends or my mom if they've noticed, but I don't want to know if they haven't seen any change.

I think I just get too caught up in my thoughts, because I am proud of myself and am really amazed I've gotten this far and am committed to continuing this journey.
oh wowowowwo!!! i am soo happy for you!! that is an amzing accomplishment!!
hang in there with the cold! geeze here too negative wind chills and they are saying a propane shortage we ordered last week and they haven't delivered yet and who knows whatn the price will be?? eek!! the tank is below 30%
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #266

Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #267

going to be a high of 10 today eek!! i scrubbed down my stove!(
after getting up at 11am!
)
Old 01-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #268

i have had 34 oz so far today how is everyone else doing??
and where is everyone??? has this cold got ya frozen??
Old 01-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #269

COLD! going to be -4 here tonight! and that is cold for here it really is but we are predicted to maybe get a little snow tomorrow Ken and i really need to go out cat food getting low and we need to stop by the gas place and see if they will be delivering anytime soon if not we will have to dig out our kerosene heater and see if it is ok to use
never boring around here! neighbors 3 cows BIG COWS loose in our backyard! whew i hope they didn't step on any of our blowmolds that are still out there
17 more oz of water down!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
neighbors 3 cows BIG COWS loose in our backyard! whew i hope they didn't step on any of our blowmolds that are still out there
17 more oz of water down!
I can't imagine seeing a cow in my backyard, let alone three!

Keep drinking that water! I had 106 ozs today. I'd like to be higher, but good for the cold weather. It always feels like it's harder to drink enough in the winter.