Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09

howdy Jan! still frozen here probably won't thaw until tomorrow got my fingers crossed that the pipes aren't burst or cracked hope yours comes back soon
i just found it soo funny that we were so worried that the pipes in the itchen where we dug the hole would freeze and the good insulated ones in the new part are the ones frozen
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShellyBelle
Stats: 352/323/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Re-start 9/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Hahaha this almost made me spit water on my keyboard!! Too funny!

Its almost time to leave work...and I'm kind of wishing I hadn't begged my husband to go walk at the park with me before dinner...because frankly I don't feel like it.

I know I need to MOVE - just being super lazy, and its chilly. I'll look forward to my Splenda laced hot tea when I get home haha!
ShellyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Thanks Shelly! I wish I could do without sweetener! I'd rather drink water which is mostly what I do.

Deb- Everybody always says that about Stevia. It's just not that sweet to me. I use 4 to 6 drops in coffee or tea. I love my sweets!
Me too but coffee in the morning is a must....or people would seriously die. I challenged myself to finish this 33oz. water before leaving work. I've done pretty good today.

I'm not as hungry as I thought I'd be (since eating lunch at 10:30am ) but I can't say I'm NOT looking forward to dinner this evening!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
You're doing great Shelly! You'll be glad you walked after it's over! I'm not too great at exercising either. Especially when it's this cold!

Deb- I can't understand why our hot water froze and not the cold!?
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Wow! It has been busy here today. Hello Mona.

Be back later.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #96

i don't know either Jan i left both running in this part of the house NEVER even thought to leave it running in the new part
Old 01-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #97

it is all of 10 degrees here now
Old 01-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #98

Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

I didn't walk tonight...by the time my husband got off the phone (he works twice a week from home) it was almost dark...and I just didn't have the will to walk in the dark AND the cold.

Ugh!

Oh, well I did enjoy my baked chicken wings but they weren't a hit with the rest of my family. I should've probably deep-fried them but I didn't feel like standing at the deep fryer that long.

At least I have plenty to take to work tomorrow for lunch!!! LOL
Old 01-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #100

brr i am with you on the dark and cold! maybe tomorrow will be better!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Hahaha, love the US pic!
Supposed to get above freezing tomorrow afternoon. Reach our high of 39 to 44 and then start dropping at 5pm. Brrrrrrrr
Old 01-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly, your wings sound awesome!! Don't blame you for not walking!! Cold and dark!!?? Naah
Old 01-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #103

Miss Mollykins turned 2 months old Sunday
(she doesn't have teeth that is just the light reflecting)
Old 01-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyBelle View Post
Hi everyone!! This group was recommended to me in another thread. Just a quick introduction.
I'm 40, married and overall pretty happy. I had Lapband surgery in 2008 and the band has since broken. I have a lot of tummy issues so I'm considering having it removed...I'm not a success story by any means.
I've done LC off and on for years and I do believe its the healthiest way to eat. I have high BP and am looking to get that under control as well as improve my overall health and well-being.
As a side note, I've never had children and my husband and I are both 40+ so this is also a journey I must take in order to try for fertility treatments.
Next week I'm having surgery for a massive kidney stone - caused by not drinking enough water. I've had a few lithotripsys with little to no success so now I'm having a "PERC" which is a surgery that involves an incision in my back to remove the stone (its very large).
So that's my story in a nutshell Nice to re-meet everyone!! (I've lurked and posted a few times...)
I hope everyone is having a great start to their new year! I've just made a nice salad and I'm waiting for my ribeye steak to finish cookin.
and nice to meet you. Sorry to hear of your current health situation. I pray that it gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
cooooollllldddd! water didn't freeze left it running there were pawprints on the back porch but still no sign the ferals got in the kitty house we have out there. i hope they are all ok i have to remmeber to keep checking on their water because it won't take long to freeze in this
lol my inside kitties wanted out and came back in within 10 seconds! i guess the litter pan looks better than snow and ICE! Rexie(our googie) even just ran out and back in!
snug safe and warm for now so we are doing good!
Yey for cat boxes. I have a couple outside. ( even though it doesn't get as cold here.) I am the person in the neighborhood everyone gets annoyed with feeding cats and putting out cat houses. I also capture them so they can be spayed and neutered. I have 3 cats. Jazz, Jigs and Furby. My baby boys! Speaking of babies, cute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Hello everyone! 55lbs down today. New low! Yay!! So cold here. I know it doesn't sound bad to you northerners, but 6 degrees here is record breaking low! It will not be above freezing until tomorrow afternoon. Then high 30's. We just are not equipped for this!

Shelly- Sounds like you're doing great with eating! I too am trying to cut out Splenda. Stevia is a good alternative. I get the drops as they are supposed to be healthier.

That is sooo motivating! Awesome Job!!!!

I can't stand spenda. I can taste it in anything. Even when people cook with it. I must have like an anti-splenda 6th sense. But I can tolerate stevia It has a better taste.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
I am down 7.8 pounds today since I started 1/3. I know its water, but I am still excited. I feel better. I think my face shrunk a tiny bit. I still need to do measurements. My 6 week winter session started at school today, so I have been busy with that. I didn't really have time to prepare food, so I just fried up like 8 pieces of turkey bacon and munched on them throughout the day. I did have breakfast though before I left.

I also walked a little over 4 miles today. It wasn't planned. I got out of class early and was bored so I decided to walk over the hill to the college next to us. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time anyway. Its a little over a mile from our school to the other one, and its mostly uphill then it drops down. Well that part wasnt that bad. I just had to watch out for crazy L.A. drivers. Its when I got to the university that I realized crap.... now I have to walk all the way around the campus, steep up hill..... that part was horrible!!! Its also over a mile! So finally I get to the math building and find my husband just in time. THEN he is like oh we need to walk across campus to the bookstore, then back across to find the car.... So all in all 4.2 miles! I am sooo sorry. I just started exercising the other day and I just did 2 miles of walk the pounds off. I am just proud that I made it! To make it worth it besides a little boost of confidence I would love to lose a pound from that trek.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:38 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Here's a link to the History of Food Labeling laws which I read about yesterday. Copy and paste to a browser. It goes hand in hand on an article about Food Labels by Rachael Moelier Gorman in Eating Well.

1862 – 2012: A Brief History of Food and Nutrition Labeling | Fooducate

The second article is called "The Whole-Grain, Reduced-Fat, Zero-Calorie, High-Fiber, Lightly-Sweetened TRUTH about Food Labels".

What Are Food Labels You Can Trust? Sorting Helpful Claims from Ridiculous Ones on Nutrition Facts Panels & Packages (Page 3) | Eating Well

I hope the links work. Let me know.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:00 AM   #107
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
I am down 7.8 pounds today since I started 1/3. I know its water, but I am still excited. I feel better. I think my face shrunk a tiny bit. I still need to do measurements. My 6 week winter session started at school today, so I have been busy with that. I didn't really have time to prepare food, so I just fried up like 8 pieces of turkey bacon and munched on them throughout the day. I did have breakfast though before I left.

I also walked a little over 4 miles today. It wasn't planned. I got out of class early and was bored so I decided to walk over the hill to the college next to us. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time anyway. Its a little over a mile from our school to the other one, and its mostly uphill then it drops down. Well that part wasnt that bad. I just had to watch out for crazy L.A. drivers. Its when I got to the university that I realized crap.... now I have to walk all the way around the campus, steep up hill..... that part was horrible!!! Its also over a mile! So finally I get to the math building and find my husband just in time. THEN he is like oh we need to walk across campus to the bookstore, then back across to find the car.... So all in all 4.2 miles! I am sooo sorry. I just started exercising the other day and I just did 2 miles of walk the pounds off. I am just proud that I made it! To make it worth it besides a little boost of confidence I would love to lose a pound from that trek.
You should be totally proud!! I couldn't even find enough ambition to walk a mile last night. That's really great!! Way to go

And, nice to meet you too! I look forward to getting to know you.

Deb- that baby is SUPER precious my goodness!! Those cheeks are begging for kisses!

On a side note, I weighed today and am down like 7lbs. I also realize this is nothing more than bloat but it sure makes me feel better!!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:18 AM   #108
Junior LCF Member

I ended up calling in to work...I feel like I'm coming down with a cold and I have a massive headache. I hope this clears up before surgery on Monday.

Everyone at my work has been sick...some worse than others. I don't take the flu shot but, it doesn't really feel like that, I just feel "yucky".

I think I'll double up on the vit C and chicken broth today!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #109

Quote:

Yey for cat boxes. I have a couple outside. ( even though it doesn't get as cold here.) I am the person in the neighborhood everyone gets annoyed with feeding cats and putting out cat houses. I also capture them so they can be spayed and neutered. I have 3 cats. Jazz, Jigs and Furby. My baby boys! Speaking of babies, cute baby
oh THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!: hugs:
Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #110

Quote:

you are burning it up! and wowza over 7 pounds in a week is WONDERFUL!! KUTGW!!! i am soo happy for you!! i can't even think of walking over 4 miles!!!!h mm i know i have a walk away the pounds DVD around here somewhere
Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #111

someone posted this pic on the local tv stations site

we are going to get up to 29 today

Steven will probably be going back to college friday i am sure going to miss him
i am making Ken watch videos on how to make 18 inch doll furniture LOL i think we have enough scrap wood to make a prototype. he seems to be having an ok day today so far he looks much better anyways
someone come help me clean and organize my sewing area!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #112

Quote:
You should be totally proud!! I couldn't even find enough ambition to walk a mile last night. That's really great!! Way to go

And, nice to meet you too! I look forward to getting to know you.

Deb- that baby is SUPER precious my goodness!! Those cheeks are begging for kisses!

On a side note, I weighed today and am down like 7lbs. I also realize this is nothing more than bloat but it sure makes me feel better!!
woohoo everyone is doing so great! i am so happy for all of you!!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #113

Quote:
I ended up calling in to work...I feel like I'm coming down with a cold and I have a massive headache. I hope this clears up before surgery on Monday.

Everyone at my work has been sick...some worse than others. I don't take the flu shot but, it doesn't really feel like that, I just feel "yucky".

I think I'll double up on the vit C and chicken broth today!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
If you and Ken could make the doll furniture, you could probably sell it.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
If you and Ken could make the doll furniture, you could probably sell it.
hi lucky! i KNOW! that was my thought i have a ton of scrap fabric just right for making bedding sets and they are going for $$$$ ya know?? no guarantee we could sell but when e bay has free listing times it would not cost anything but my time to TRY and i thought i could use the bed to take pics of the bedding(some places a comforter and 3 pillows to match going for 28 bucks plus shipping WHOA!) and if i made enough later on we could buy material to make beds to sell kenny had me looking online and geeze a lou those things are expensive and SELLING like crazy
i thought while ken was having a good day if we could make one it would keep him occupied with something other than tv and make him feel like he was doing something again PLUS even if we couldn't sell anything Mollykins might could use it when she was bigger if she didn't like dolls it would work for bears and stuff too
how are you doing in this cold and all?? i miss seeing you! our water is thawed in the bathroom and the hot is ok for the washer but the cold is still forzen so i wasn't able to rinse my clothes

he he he i THINK i have enough fabrics left from making Molly's quilt to use to make an 18 inch doll bedding set to coordinate i know i don't have enough to make it just like hers but same colors and some accents of the print would be nice don't you think??
Old 01-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #116

sorry around 26 bucks

i am sure i can do that! lol i used to make them in camo for GI Joes LOL
Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

You could post pictures on Facebook. We have a county wide buy sell and trade board through Facebook. If you used that, you wouldn't have to do shipping. This spring, a garage type sale would work if you have someplace in a good location.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

I am down another .5lb today!! Yay!! Can't believe it!! So happy I'm out of my stall!!

Deb- Fabulous idea!!! You are so talented and i know yours would be beautiful!!! Oh yes!! Make Molly one to match her's. Too, too cute!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly, take care of yourself and get well so you can get that surgery over with!! 7 lbs in 2 days!! Wowza!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

We are up to 25. A regular heat wave. My daughter is a music teacher and a pipe burst in her closet. She thinks she saved her sound equipment and most of her instruments. A janitor was outside the room and heard it burst. They think the whole school would have flooded if it had happened later in the day. School was out for two days because of the extreme cold.