Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Deb, the tests were all day. Initially, they interviewed him and me. They asked lots of really good questions. Then he went away for 2 hrs of tests. He got a break at lunch, then finished up the tests in the afternoon. But it was worth it.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
he is only scheduled for one hour of testing i hope it does some kind of good
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MellyBean82
Stats: 439/405/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/20/13
Thank you ladies!
MellyBean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
I went to lunch with my DSis. Back on track totally today! Got to get this scale moving for the new year!! Want to be much smaller by summer and much healthier.
Called and my biopsy was binign. So happy about that!!

Deb- Didn't know you were getting snow too. Just raining and cold here. Low 20's tonight and single digits with wind chill!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, I started writing and got distracted, then lost it all. The tests were all day. If they didn't tell ou it would be all day, it may be just an initial office visit. It took a couple months to get the appt. first the Dr interviewed him and me. Then they took him to a room or two where they did the tests. His challenges shoukd show theouh when they so these. My husband had problems with the ones that involved following direction. Ten we went to lunch. After lunch they had more tests and finished the interview. They suggested he get some counseling and take an antidepressant. He is drinking S John's Wort tea. It tastes like blacktea but is good for depression. He has it throughout the day. He is taking an antidepressant, which is probbably not doing much. DH gets tired so quickly. Tomorrow he has to go out to snow blow before he goes to work. He will be wiped out by the end of the day. It took about 3 weeks to get the report. We have to call to discuss and possibly go back in a year to repeat the tests. We haven't set up counseling yet. Need to find out the name of a good counselor in our area. If left up to my DH, he would do nothing, just float through life in a fog.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Welcome, Mellybean!!

Kathy
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:17 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hi everyone.

I hope you do not mind me joining. Forums are new to me but I decided I need to meet people who can understand my struggle and give support. I do have friends and family, but since most of them are healthy, no one can relate to what it's like to live life at 300+ pounds. Right now I am 334.4 pounds. My highest weight was 344 back in Nov. I could barely walk or stand without severe back pain. I have lost 10 pounds and the back pain is gone for the most part. i do not have a specific weight I want to get too, I just want to be healthy and active. I hate having to worry about fitting into desks, fitting in rides, fitting in booths, fitting into clothes, ect...

I am not sure what plan I will be doing. To be honest all the information I come across is overwhelming. Most time's I quit before I start because with all of these low carb plans, I have no idea what to do. I use to do atkins over and over but once the semester started, my resolve would fade by the end and I was convenience eating and social eating by the end of it.

Currently I am making some small goals and long term goals. I just want to have control of my life back
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:48 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Vella. I can relate to your story. My before pic can be seen by clicking on my name. At 376 lbs, I couldn't get out of a chair. I needed a cane to walk anywhere because it hurt to put that much preeure on my feet.

Taking control of your life is the resukt of working an action plan. The phrase 'cleaning up your environment' is a start. Declutter the food in home and car, meaning stock it only in the kitchen or pantry.

Having a food plan is the next right action. I would be happy to share an outline of what I did to lose the weight, albeit slowly, but safely. I used a kitchen scale to measure my portions because I the barometer in my head didn't know when to stop. The food that is sold in the market is manufactured to promote addictive eating. Stick to proteins (meat, poultry, fish, dairy, soy), vegetables (cooked and raw), dresing at lunch and dinner, and a morning fruit. You can't go wrong if it isn't packaged in a glossy wrapper. My outline will give you a comfortable amount of food, but there's no lie in saying the first week will be uncomfortable while detoxing from the sugar and grain. That's right, I don't eat grains, alcohol or sugar. I have seen many super-sized women lose their weight and keep it off.

Women started to become super-sized around the time, movie theaters and McDonald's started super sizing their menu or serving larger portions to make money. Check out the movie Super Size Me, on Hulu or Netflix. I watched it last night, my heart ached for the fellow doing the documentary.

Wishing everyone a wonderful, blessed day, as it is still snowing here. I work from home again. Grateful to be able to do that.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #39

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hello everyone! and Happy New Year! Marking my spot.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #40

Deb, only 8 pages in our December thread? Man, I remember when we were so chatty we made it over 100 pages a month. Those were the days......

Most of the old guard has left, it seems.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Deb, I started writing and got distracted, then lost it all. The tests were all day. If they didn't tell ou it would be all day, it may be just an initial office visit. It took a couple months to get the appt. first the Dr interviewed him and me. Then they took him to a room or two where they did the tests. His challenges shoukd show theouh when they so these. My husband had problems with the ones that involved following direction. Ten we went to lunch. After lunch they had more tests and finished the interview. They suggested he get some counseling and take an antidepressant. He is drinking S John's Wort tea. It tastes like blacktea but is good for depression. He has it throughout the day. He is taking an antidepressant, which is probbably not doing much. DH gets tired so quickly. Tomorrow he has to go out to snow blow before he goes to work. He will be wiped out by the end of the day. It took about 3 weeks to get the report. We have to call to discuss and possibly go back in a year to repeat the tests. We haven't set up counseling yet. Need to find out the name of a good counselor in our area. If left up to my DH, he would do nothing, just float through life in a fog.
Hang in there, Mary, sounds so tough. Is it a depression or a neurological issue?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Hi everyone.

I hope you do not mind me joining. Forums are new to me but I decided I need to meet people who can understand my struggle and give support. I do have friends and family, but since most of them are healthy, no one can relate to what it's like to live life at 300+ pounds. Right now I am 334.4 pounds. My highest weight was 344 back in Nov. I could barely walk or stand without severe back pain. I have lost 10 pounds and the back pain is gone for the most part. i do not have a specific weight I want to get too, I just want to be healthy and active. I hate having to worry about fitting into desks, fitting in rides, fitting in booths, fitting into clothes, ect...

I am not sure what plan I will be doing. To be honest all the information I come across is overwhelming. Most time's I quit before I start because with all of these low carb plans, I have no idea what to do. I use to do atkins over and over but once the semester started, my resolve would fade by the end and I was convenience eating and social eating by the end of it.

Currently I am making some small goals and long term goals. I just want to have control of my life back

nice to meet you! what ever plan you choose be consistant and it will work!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Deb, only 8 pages in our December thread? Man, I remember when we were so chatty we made it over 100 pages a month. Those were the days......

Most of the old guard has left, it seems.
yep everybody left me how are you doing Eliza?? did any of this storm head your way? we got a little snow but we sure got bitter cold it is 12 degrees right now and brutal out there
Old 01-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, it is a bit of both. They think he may have been affected from the surgery and complications that occurred. He has always been somewhat depressed, but doesn't like taking medicine. Now, however, he has a hard time remembering things, doesn't want to attempt anything that involves following directions i.e. fixing things around the house, following a recipe. Wen my toilet was dripping he told me to call a plumber. I went to the hardware store and talked to the clerk who told me what to do. I am becoming more self-reliant. Somedays I am more accepting than others. They will check later this year to see if anything has progressed. He won't or can't prepare his meds for the week. It is hard to know if it is neurological or what. Maybe he got used to me doing stuff while he was sick and liked it. Who knows
Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Deb, it is a bit of both. They think he may have been affected from the surgery and complications that occurred. He has always been somewhat depressed, but doesn't like taking medicine. Now, however, he has a hard time remembering things, doesn't want to attempt anything that involves following directions i.e. fixing things around the house, following a recipe. Wen my toilet was dripping he told me to call a plumber. I went to the hardware store and talked to the clerk who told me what to do. I am becoming more self-reliant. Somedays I am more accepting than others. They will check later this year to see if anything has progressed. He won't or can't prepare his meds for the week. It is hard to know if it is neurological or what. Maybe he got used to me doing stuff while he was sick and liked it. Who knows
Old 01-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone. I haven't gotten out of the house today. Cold!!! We made some chicken soup and it was so good! Nothing like hot soup on a cold day. Also, I have missed the texture of soup.

Glad to see you here Eliza!

Vella!!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Hello everyone. I haven't gotten out of the house today. Cold!!! We made some chicken soup and it was so good! Nothing like hot soup on a cold day. Also, I have missed the texture of soup.

Glad to see you here Eliza!

Vella!!
i love soup and ken hates it! my feet are freezing! but the sun has been shining!
TOM showed up and i am achy and tired
Old 01-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Did any of y'all have the flu? Several of my family and my BFF up in Rome had it during Christmas. I felt bad a few days before Christmas but never actually had the flu. What have you heard from Kenny? Are they moving in with her parents?
Old 01-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

I love soup. I saw the recipe for Cabbage Soup on FB the other day. Think I'm going to make it when this soup is gone. Some people don't like it but I love cabbage so I love it. It'll be good for this cold weather too!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

I made a lentil curry squash soup that my husband loves. It had light coconut milk in it. Creamy good with no cream.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MellyBean82
Stats: 439/405/180
Start Date: 12/20/13
All this talk about soup is giving me ideas! I'm in California, but it has been chilly!
MellyBean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Hope everyone had a great Holiday season! I'm back on track and ready to shed some more poundage spending today cleaning house and making up some low carb foods for this coming week....how is everyone doing?
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #53

Howdy all sorry not been on been SUPER COLD here water was frozen this morning
the high for Monday?? forecast 0 degrees EEK interwebs going in and out hopefully electric stays on thought i would do a quick flyby while everything seems to be working
Old 01-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #54

weather statement for here
Quote:
THE COLD AIRMASS IS EXPECTED TO BE COLDER THAN THOSE EXPERIENCED DURING THE PAST 5 TO 10 YEARS... IF NOT LONGER... AND SOME LOCATIONS MAY FALL BELOW ZERO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS. LOW TEMPERATURES OF THIS MAGNITUDE ARE NOT UNPRECEDENTED ACROSS EASTERN KENTUCKY... JUST THEY HAVE NOT OCCURRED IN SEVERAL YEARS IN MANY LOCATIONS. RECORD LOW TEMPERATURES ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY WILL LIKELY BE BROKEN... AT BOTH JACKSON AND LONDON. IN ADDITION... EXPECTED COLD DAYTIME HIGHS ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY COULD ALSO THREATEN OR BREAK DAILY RECORDS. THE WINDS AND THE COLD AIRMASS WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILLS DOWN INTO THE 15 TO 25 BELOW ZERO RANGE ON MONDAY.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Deb!! You have it worse than us. Tuesday has a predicted record low of 5 and below 0 with wind chill. I'm staying in again today! We had a load of wood delivered yesterday. Our central heat and air went out a couple years ago so we depend on electric heaters and an insert in our fireplace. It has been so much cheaper and we stay very warm. I'm hoping I still feel like that after these record breaking lows.
MaryMary told me about using a window air unit and how much cheaper it was and still being cool. We did that and saved a bundle.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

I ate the last of my soup for lunch today. Lost another pound so I'm back to 50 lbs off after my little gain over the holidays. Ready to get going now.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Michele- So glad to see you back! You we were missed!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome and advice. I am lucky that currently it is just my husband and myself. He will pretty much eat anything that I put in front of him. For the last couple years I have had a no junk food in the house rule, and last year it was extended to no processed foods as well. My husband has his healthy cereal and snack bars that he loves and that is it. I was vegetarian for a long time, vegan, raw vegan, but I just wasn't losing weight. Well, at least not at the pace I wanted, and I was stalled most of the time. Low carb has always worked for me, so slowly I reintroduced meat and dairy back into my life. Problem is... I am not fond of meat. So I really need to learn how to cook it so I can eat it. I cook it for my husband but he is not picky. Now me on the other hand... I am the world's pickiest eater. And especially when it comes to meat! I make meat dishes for people all the time and they love it, me on the other hand can "tolerate" it. I know it's going to take some adjusting.

MaryMary I have seen Supersize me. It was so sickening! I literally threw up. Watch out for those netflix documentaries. They are so addicting LOL.

I am down 1.4 pounds since yesterday. I was planning on doing Stillman's but the meat was so flavorless I couldn't eat it. I decided to do more of an Atkins WOE so I can have veggies. Yesterday I had tuna with mustard, plain eggs (gag), some pieces of ham and turkey bacon. I am going to the store later so get more food that fits the atkins plan. I also need to do my measurements. I forgot to do them yesterday.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #59

we have all the electronics charged up Flashlights ready and i got out my oil lamps and dug out my oil for them LOL i bought it back when walmart still had price tags on things 3 dollars for a half gallon lamp oil! (i think it was like 1995 when i bought it LOL) they will provide a bit of heat as well as good light
all snuggies and house boots located and ready
worried about the feral kitties i feed there is no way i could catch them to bring them in. they say it is cold we haven't seen in years coming though! i have a couple of out buildings that i am going to leave the doors cracked open on and a feral cat house with straw in it but no evidence they have used it recently. Rexie will be inside for the next couple days and her insulated dog house is also full of straw IDK if they would go in it with Rexie not near it i will put out extra food and in a couple more places i don't know what else i can do for them
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
To say its cold in North Dakota is an understatement....-15 with a windchill of almost -50...yuck!!! I am not looking forward to going to work in the morning! Stay safe and warm everyone!!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote