Old 01-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
I can't imagine seeing a cow in my backyard, let alone three!

Keep drinking that water! I had 106 ozs today. I'd like to be higher, but good for the cold weather. It always feels like it's harder to drink enough in the winter.
Great job on the water! lol cows everything even an emu once long ago i am glad the coyotes seem to have left the area though
i put a small bit of ACV in the water with a drop or 2 of steveia and it tastes really good
how is your weather this week???
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
I'm back!! I've been babysitting Fox!!! Yay!! Getting up at 4:30 and leaving at 5:30 to get to their apartment in time for DIL to get to work by 8:00am. DIL and Fox came to our house today and she decided on a house to rent that's about 6 miles from our house. Getting out of their apartment by Feb.14th. Will be soooo happy for them to be close to us and to be babysitting our precious angel grandson!!( Deb, can you believe this happened?! ) Pawpaw and I are over the moon happy!!!

Welcome to all the newbies and the 'old' newbie! So glad you are all here! Great support on this thread.

KEEP!!! So glad to see you back!! Been wondering about you.

OK, got to hit the hay. I'm old for all this new stuff I'm doing. Getting some exercise though!! LOL
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #273

oh JAN!!! i am soo soo happy for you! i am glad your DIL got a job UGH AShley hasn't even been looking and they do not have the money for the rent this month IDK what is going to happen Kenny is waiting on the background check for the manager's position at krispy kreme
you are taking loads of pictures of your boy right??
Old 01-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hi Deb, if it doesn't rain, it pours, praying that your heat is restored.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Hi Deb, if it doesn't rain, it pours, praying that your heat is restored.
we are ok for now! sorry i made it sound like we weren't! we jsut need a gas delivery soon! but we have other options! we got the kerosene heater back in a big blizzard in the early 90s and have had it stored the last few years because we have had such mild winters. we just have to get it out of storage and check it out KWIM?? thank you so m uch for your good thoughts but we are warm and cozy tonight and for a good while longer
they reported on the news that propane is in a shortage in tn and ky and that is what our heat pumps run on and the tank is a bit below 30% the company likes to fill it usually before it gets that low plus we do have electric heaters too EEK gas is so much warmer and cheaper
everyone stay warm tonight the forecast at 11 here is not above freezing for at least another week!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-24-2014, 02:10 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Great job on the water! lol cows everything even an emu once long ago i am glad the coyotes seem to have left the area though
i put a small bit of ACV in the water with a drop or 2 of steveia and it tastes really good
how is your weather this week]
The wildest animals here are squirrels and lots of skunks lol. At work we occassionally see a fox in the yard, but that's about it.

It's very cooold, single digits with windchill below zero, supposed to be this cold for a bit, although its going to jump up tomorrow for a litlle bit of snow then drop back down. At work four of the resident's rooms were not warming up even with their thermostats cranked up to 90; 3 of the rooms at 65, but one at 55. I couldn't get the hvac guy or gas company to come out for it, both said it's "probably" because of the cold. I'm sure I'll be harassing them again today because there's something not working right. Got a space heater to let the one resident use. I really hope the rooms haven't gotten colder overnight. On the upside about the cold, I read something from npr that said you burn more calories in the cold so in that sense... Bring it on!

Time for me to try to get a litlle more sleep.....
Old 01-24-2014, 02:16 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Will be soooo happy for them to be close to us and to be babysitting our precious angel grandson!!( Deb, can you believe this happened?! ) Pawpaw and I are over the moon!!
Congrats!! That's wonderful, they'll be there before you know it!
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #278

we went to town today and got the van an oil change and did a store run and stopped by the propane place they SAID they are going to deliver it this weekend fingers crossed that they do
going and doing all that WORE ken out though he is napping now
beautiful day today but in the teens! and another cold blast is supposed to hit us Sunday night hoping to get rid of some of the weird bugs we have had here recently though!
oh and the cows didn't hurt anything! just out for a stroll! goodness they were BIG though they don't look so big when they are in the neighbors pasture ken said they are angus all i know is when my papaw had cows they were NOT that tall!
howdy to everyone
kathy i sure hope your residents were warm last night scares me to death
we have skunk squirells snakes! rabbits (we have some HUGE rabbits KILLER BUNNIES!) all sorts of wildlife! love the deer that come around since the coyotes came through a few months back though a lot of the little wildlife and feral cats and one homeless beagle got gone . that poor beagle he was soo scared and i had almost got him to come to me once or twice sigh
i bet Jan is snuggling that boy again!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #279

Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, I once had 200 head of hogs spend the night in my yard. My husband had to cut the fence because the creek was coming up. I was still mowing the yard then. I'll bet he would wait longer to cut it since he is mowing.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:18 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
kathy i sure hope your residents were warm last night scares me to death
we have skunk squirells snakes! rabbits (we have some HUGE rabbits KILLER BUNNIES!) all sorts of wildlife! love the deer that come around since the coyotes came through a few months back though a lot of the little wildlife and feral cats and one homeless beagle got gone . that poor beagle he was soo scared and i had almost got him to come to me once or twice sigh
The heat came back up to normal in the three warmer rooms (of the cold rooms) the one that was the coldest still not working and nobody is coming out for it until next week. The space heater is making his room warm enough so he'll be ok.

Oh, the poor beagle. I hope he's ok or has found a home by now. It's too cold out there for stray animals
Old 01-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Feeling alive today; feeling confident, happy and I don't know just really positive. It's really nice! I think maybe it's the vitamin C. Also got my hair cut this morning and I actually didn't cringe watching myself in the mirror; it felt good.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, I once had 200 head of hogs spend the night in my yard. My husband had to cut the fence because the creek was coming up. I was still mowing the yard then. I'll bet he would wait longer to cut it since he is mowing.
eek Lucky! pigs can do a lot of damage

Quote:
The heat came back up to normal in the three warmer rooms (of the cold rooms) the one that was the coldest still not working and nobody is coming out for it until next week. The space heater is making his room warm enough so he'll be ok.

Oh, the poor beagle. I hope he's ok or has found a home by now. It's too cold out there for stray animals
i am afraid the poor beagle probably did not make it it has been a few months since those coyotes came through(omg yip yip yip scary) and i have not seen him since that night we have some feral kittehs i have a feral house out for them with straw in it several chairs fixed up on the porches with blankets and covers and put straw out in the out buildings with the door cracked in case they need to get in there i don't know what else to do for them

Rexie is normally an outside dog but in this weather she is INSIDE(day and night right now because of the cold) so her house(insulated and full of straw) is out there too but IDK if they would get in there or not with her smell all over it
Old 01-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #284

Quote:
Feeling alive today; feeling confident, happy and I don't know just really positive. It's really nice! I think maybe it's the vitamin C. Also got my hair cut this morning and I actually didn't cringe watching myself in the mirror; it felt good.
ooh that is wonderful! KUTGW!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #285

Lucky how is the man who was helping on your farm?? i hope he is much recovered by now!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #286

howdy all! SNOW!! glorious SNOW!!! it is soo beautiful out there wish i had some kids here to play in it with me POURING! and we have about 2 inches already!!
stay warm everyone we forgot to leave the sinks dripping and we are soo lucky it did not freeze doing a laundry load and running dishwasher just in case!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Deb, he is doing pretty good, considering what he went through. He found out Tony worked cattle yesterday and he didn't get to help.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #288

my van is covered BEAUTIFUL! soo pretty!
and it seems warmer out there guess it had to warm up to snow!

Lucky i am glad he is doing ok! i bet he wanted to help didn't he? but man he needs to rest! or supervise!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #289

COLD COLD COLD!! wind howling like crazy! hope the electric stays on and i sure hope the gas delivery gets here tomorrow! would ease my piece of mind!
what is everyone up to this weekend!? we are all bundled up on the couches and recliners eating warm stew and watching netflix
Old 01-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148
Start Date: Jan 2001
We had a virtual heat wave today. It was up to 38. Snow tonight. The cold returns on Tues.

Did my shopping and got my roots done today. Feel like a new person. I have yet to have supper tonight. Still have to go and put it together.

See ya tomorrow.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
We had a virtual heat wave today. It was up to 38. Snow tonight. The cold returns on Tues.

Did my shopping and got my roots done today. Feel like a new person. I have yet to have supper tonight. Still have to go and put it together.

See ya tomorrow.
sounds like you had a good day!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, been snuggling my boy!! So precious! He actually cried when we left. Yay!! He loves us!! My heart is bursting!!! They found a house about 6 mi from me. We are keeping him 2 days a week while our son goes to school. He works in evenings when DIL gets home. He has been asking us to keep Fox some extra days so that he can go to the school and work on school stuff. He is such a good baby. Easy to keep. He is getting a little spoiled to us holding him now but we're enjoying it while we can. We know he will be walking soon and won't want to sit in anyone's lap.

Our hot water froze last night. It thawed today. No snow here; just super cold. Single digits last night. 20's tonight. I haven't been concentrating on weight loss lately. Eating too much lc food. Got to get focused again.I think there's just too much going on.

Stay warm everyone!!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, tomorrow is DH's B'day. 60 years old. I can't believe it. I asked what he wanted to do and he said it was just another day. His knee is hurting and swollen. It gave way today and he fell on the floor. We may spend the day in the ER if I can get him to go. He will hardly ever go.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #294

Quote:
Yes, been snuggling my boy!! So precious! He actually cried when we left. Yay!! He loves us!! My heart is bursting!!! They found a house about 6 mi from me. We are keeping him 2 days a week while our son goes to school. He works in evenings when DIL gets home. He has been asking us to keep Fox some extra days so that he can go to the school and work on school stuff. He is such a good baby. Easy to keep. He is getting a little spoiled to us holding him now but we're enjoying it while we can. We know he will be walking soon and won't want to sit in anyone's lap.

Our hot water froze last night. It thawed today. No snow here; just super cold. Single digits last night. 20's tonight. I haven't been concentrating on weight loss lately. Eating too much lc food. Got to get focused again.I think there's just too much going on.

Stay warm everyone!!
oh i am soo happy for you and smiley baby snuggles!!
eek on the water i HAVE to remember to leave mine running looks like for the next week sure do not want any burst pipes!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #295

Quote:
Oh, tomorrow is DH's B'day. 60 years old. I can't believe it. I asked what he wanted to do and he said it was just another day. His knee is hurting and swollen. It gave way today and he fell on the floor. We may spend the day in the ER if I can get him to go. He will hardly ever go.
oh no!! i hope he is ok! YES ken would not go either and his appendix almost burst on us!(back in 2006) i had him and my mom in the hosptial at the same time
i really really hope your DH is just bruised and hope he has a happy birthday! i HATE this thinking of days as just another day! makes me soo sad and loads of days have been that way for a while here
Old 01-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Jan, hope you and dh have a great "just another day" birthday for him. I can't imagine treating my bday as just another day. I like to enjoy it

Deb, hope all is going well with Ken and the house today.

I think it's time for me to do one of my least favorite things on the planet..... shop for bras. I find it worse than shopping for clothes which I think I need to do too. Been wearing the same bras since before I started losing weight and well I think I really need some more support and something a bit tighter. Just afraid the store won't have anything that fits. Last time, I had to order online to get something big enough and that felt embarassing. I don't have the money to just buy new clothes all the time, I've been trying to get by, but I think I look ridiculous drowning in tops and my winter coat. I'm definitely not replacing my coat! I know it's all good problems to have It all seemed like it happened so suddenly, one of these days I should start measuring......
Old 01-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Kathy, I order Platex bras from Just My Size. If I wait for a sale, I can get them for $15.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! Water still working this morning! Yay!! Ate well yesterday. Trying to stay focused at least through weekend. One day at a time.

Deb- He is definitely a smiley baby! So sweet!! Are you getting to see your little angel? Too cold for travel maybe? If Kenny is working on rent money that means they didn't move in with her parents? Yay! Did they deliver your gas? Hope so!!

Kathy-I don't buy clothes much either. I bought 2 pair of pants at Kmart and wear them out and my baggy ones at home. Hasn't been a problem lately as I've been stuck at same weight since November. So yea, you have a good problem!! Lol

DH is limping around but says he'll be fine.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Kathy, Walmart has Playtex bras in a box in larger sizes. Could check...? At least you could return it easily.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Holy Moly! I actually tried measuring to see what type of bra size I should be wearing and it says I should have one band size bigger plus much bigger cup size. That can't be possible; ugh... The bras that I'm wearing now don't seem stretched out at all, but are too loose; bigger is not happening. Ok, enough stressing, I'm going to shop.