LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
200+ Support Group

Hello Everyone. I thought I would start a 200+ support group because I need on going support.

I have not seen under 200lbs in about 5 years. I'm working on it but it seems its gotten harder to get the weight off.

I lost 50lbs using LCF about 6 years ago and I'm hoping I can do it again.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaLeeLolo
Stats: 240/225/150ish or just FIT!
WOE: Atkins - induction
Start Date: Apr 28. 2003/restart Dec 27/13
hey there!
you're not alone, I need some support too!
I'd like to see the under 200s again just so i can fit into my wardrobe (darn me and my giving away clothing, thinking that'll keep me from ever gaining again...then LIFE happened).

how were the holidays for LC? I started on Atkins induction again on the 27th. So far, so good. Been tired, headachey, clearly undergoing carb withdrawal. I know that in a day or two i'll feel much much better. I want that energy surge back.

What plan are you on?
LolaLeeLolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lola. I'm on Atkins induction too. I think I had induction flu today. I felt a bit lethargic and just "icky" but no cold symptoms or anything. I had cravings for carbs today and for stuff I dont even really eat. Seems like ppl are posting carby stuff on FB and I wanted to eat it. LOL. I had to stop checking my FB for a few hours.

Its been hard for me this past week because I still have company at my house from the holidays. They will be here until Friday. Its like I dont want them to go but I also want them to go so they will stop eating pizza pockets and fettuccine alfredo cheese sticks etc....

What are you doing to deal with the carb cravings?

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I am just trying to drink more fluids, mainly a can of nestea zero (splenda sweetened) diluted in a can of ice cold water. Sipping that helps, but it is only temporary. I used to drink almost a case of that stuff a day, and I found it really affected my skin!! I've had quite a few issues with cystic acne as an adult and eliminating sugar substitutes seems to help substantially.

However: desperate times calls for desperate measures!

I am visiting my family and there's tons of good carbiness around here too. It is easier to eat clean when it's just me in the house (that is, if i have proper food in the house...another challenge i need to work on come January!).

I should try to exercise too...it's been limited to non existent...and I know it helps so much. I think I'll wait until I lose a little and wake up from this detox period. Are you trying exercise yet?

Enjoy your company! i'll do my best to check in here. Stay strong my friend!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I can't handle exercise too right now. Just added stress. I'm a full time college student going back to school after many years and its harder than I thought it would be. So I thought I would lose some weight first so the exercise didnt hurt so much. Walking is just a chore. My joints complain and I cant walk very fast. Plus its cold right now in Ontario. So I thought I'd wait til spring and hopefully alot more weight is off.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NHB_AJ
Stats: 305/185/199
WOE: Moderate Carb/Smaller portion size
Start Date: 01/03/2011
Stick with It

Hi,
I started this trek at over 300 pounds and I assure I knew the pain of walking. I was basically sedentary, and it hurt. I started out bu just standing beside my desk, and maybe into the corridor. I was taking only 600 steps per day and I felt every single one. Soon the next day's increased number of steps became my goal number to beat the next day. Even if it was only one step, I aimed for the goal. I now do about 10,000 steps per day and it doesn't hurt a bit.

Keep going you will get there.

AJ
NHB_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi AJ! I have a pedometer but right now I'm good if I can get 2,000 to 5,000 steps a day. My goal is 5,000 on a regular basis. When school starts back up on Monday I hope it will force me to get more steps in because I have to walk to class. We shall see.

Lola - How is it going? Tonight is New Years Eve and my family has a game night planned. The chips and munchies are all bought and they are just waiting to dig in.

My plan is to eat deviled eggs w/bacon and drink Sprite Zero, Fresca and Coke Zero soda while they drink the regular sugary versions. Thanks to ketosis I havent been really hungry so I dont think those chips will bother me much if at all. I also resisted the urge to buy alcoholic beverages. I dont want to sabotage myself.

What do you guys plan for tonight.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Hi, ladies....Can I join you? I definitely need support. Considering it was December, I didn't do as bad as I could have last month, but I am determined to do better this month.

Shay...I don't remember when I was under 200. I got close several times, but then as Lola said....life happened. And I "know" that's no excuse. Several of my FB friends keep posting "goodies" too.

Lola....I know what you mean about it being easier when you are home....especially if you live alone...and I do. So, I have NO excuse. Whenever I do a beef or pork roast I always do one that would feed 6-8 people. I cut it up in meal-size portions and put each portion in a ziploc sandwich bag, then put those in a gallon Ziploc Freezer bag. Makes it handy when I don't feel like cooking. I do that with quite a few things.

I hope more people will join us....and thanks for starting this thread, Shay. Here's to this year being "our" year!!

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Judy - of course you can join us.

I am having a rough day. I am in ketosis and I think I'm just detoxing. I have a massive headache and the queasiness. I also started to get the leg cramps. I think I read somewhere on here that you should drink bouillon. I'm gonna try that and see if I am just devoid of salt or something.

I still have a houseful of people but they will all be leaving on Friday. I think then things will settle down a bit.

I had a dream that I was so skinny that I decided to go skinny dipping and my family members were fighting over my fat clothes. lol
Old 01-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niciK
Stats: 312/287/165
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/1/2014 . 100th restart
Hi, I would love to join.
I need to be under 200 pounds. I recently gained back 30 pounds and it is affecting my pain and walking.
niciK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
Hi Judy - of course you can join us.

I am having a rough day. I am in ketosis and I think I'm just detoxing. I have a massive headache and the queasiness. I also started to get the leg cramps. I think I read somewhere on here that you should drink bouillon. I'm gonna try that and see if I am just devoid of salt or something.

I still have a houseful of people but they will all be leaving on Friday. I think then things will settle down a bit.

I had a dream that I was so skinny that I decided to go skinny dipping and my family members were fighting over my fat clothes. lol
Love that dream, Shay....I've read that leg cramps are caused by a lack of calcium, magnesium, and/or potassium. If you take calcium/magnesium, you also need to take Vit. D.

niciK...

Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Hi Shantony, Parisfox, and niciK!
It's been a busy couple of days for me, but still on plan and at least 2 lbs down in week 1.

We did nothing on NYE, so that was not a temptation in the least. NY day was harder, as we had another family come over to visit and of course the requisite holiday goodies and snacks came out. I did really well, had coffee and nestea zero watered down with lemon perrier water (an unusually refreshing combination, great way to reduce the splenda content of my diet and increase fluids). We went to the movies that night, and arrived just in time for the flick so had no choice but to skip the snack lines.

I hope that your carb flu is almost done, Shantony, and that your cramps have decreased. Definitely worth taking some supplements--often you mainly need more potassium. Also, when do you start you schooling? I am going back to class on Monday myself...i wish the holiday could last a little longer!!!!

Today is the first day I didn't need a nap in the afternoon! Appetite is decreasing, and at the end of the day finally got some ketostix and they turned ever so slight pink, good enough for me--makes me happy to know there's some ketosis going on.

Still no exercise here...too busy trying to finish up errands and tasks before flying home this weekend. It's gonna be back burnered for a while.

Glad to see there's a few of us bonding together. Please keep me updated on your progress!!! I have a busy week ahead, hoping I can keep on induction through it all.
LLL
Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome NiciK!

Lola - I start back to school on Monday as well. My ketostix are old. They are showing moderate ketosis but they expired a while back so I think I will pick up some new ones tomorrow evening when I get back from dropping DS at the airport.

Judy - I've been lax on my daily vitamin. I think I should get back into taking them. I've just been so caught up in getting into ketosis and the family and everything. I've learned that on Ketogenic diets that we pass out alot of salt and that I need to put some back. I am not a big salt at the table kind of person. I had always been told salt is bad. I drank the bouillon and the headache and leg cramps have not happened today at least. I feel "normal".
Old 01-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning,

Lola...I didn't do anything on New Year's Eve either. I never do. There are just too many drunk driver's out there. If I "do" go anywhere I'm always home by 10:00pm.

Shay...Vitamins are VERY important....especially when we restrict the foods we eat. There are a lot of foods we don't eat because of the carb content, but they have a lot of the vitamins/minerals that we need. So....take your vitamins!!

We were really lucky. We got just 1.2 inches of snow out of that last storm that hit Chicago and the East Coast so hard. We are having MUCH colder than normal temps though. It's just 5* out there right now with a windchill of 15 BELOW!! I'm glad I am retired and don't have to go out in this if I don't want to. Where is that global warming they are always talking about? Good Morning America showed Central Park and there's a LOT of snow there. I'm sure glad most of that missed us. I am SO ready for Spring!! LOL

Did anyone see "The Hobbit-Part 2?" I saw it on New Year's Eve. It was pretty good, but it was awfully long. 2 hours, 41 minutes. There is one part that I had to keep my eyes closed. It was HUGH spiders. YUCK....I don't see why they have to have stuff like that in a movie that people take kids to. That part lasted over 10 minutes....YUCK...YUCK...YUCK!! I suppose I'll go see Part 3 since I've seen Parts 1 & 2....but I hope there aren't any parts like that. I HATE BUGS!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Judy - I saw it just before Christmas. I was like nooooooo you cant end it there. They left us hanging. We'll just have to hang here like Gandalf until the next movie. lol

We havent really gotten any "new" snow lately but its been soooo cold here in Canada. I'm from florida and just have lived here 5 years but I think this is the coldest winter I've seen yet. Though not the snowiest.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey girls! Mind if I jump in?

Feels like I will NEVER get below 200
But I keep plodding along.....

Hey Judy, the global warming thing.... it's at my house.. freakin almost 80 degrees yesterday..and while the temp isn't necessarily too warm, the sun is flat-out HOT if you sit out in it for more than a few minutes.

I dunno that I would survive living in snow...been a Cali girl for far too long, I think it may have made me incapable of ever living in it

Shay, get your vitamins in!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Danielle....Send some of that heat my way!!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Will do!

If only......

I am STARVING today. It's like my body instinctively knows that it's reward time. Dinner out tonight so I'm really trying to be wise with my choices during the day...and chugging that water!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so proud of me. I was on the road all day. I had a pork chop with "fatted up" gaucamole and BPC for breakfast. I drove to new york and back and I didnt eat any crap. DH insisted we eat out and finally I said ok. I ordered 2 chicken legs, salad with ranch dressing and extra mayo on the side and took 2 pats of butter and put it on my chicken and lemon water. LCHF for the win! I did good!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:03 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slvrmoon
So I'm thinking that this may be the best place for me right now.

I was given some tips on a new (to me) study technique. I know a lot of you don't know me, but I'm a full time college student in addition to being a single mom and having a full time job. Anyway - the technique is to study for 25 minutes and then do something that does't require any brain power for 15 minutes(something like folding clothes or doing dishes or whatever). So I'm getting more studying done and my bedroom is getting closer to clean as well!

I've been mostly doing Stillman's since Dec 30. Last night's dinner didn't fit - it was leftover turkey soup that had both dairy and veggies in it. I needed to get it out of the fridge.

Today is grocery shopping day. I have my list. I have to eat something, then get cleaned up and hit Costco first, then Petsmart for dog food and Kroger for the smaller stuff. I plan it that way because they are all in the same place.
slvrmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Slvrmoon! I hit costco this morning. I didnt have a list so I wound up paying for that indescretion literally. lol

Hi Guys. I know what was making my weight creep up day after day this week. I had my dietary calculations wrong. Was eating waaaaaay to much fat. At first I was like OMG how am I gonna eat that much fat??!!! LOL ...I wasnt supposed to eat that much. I had it right last week. So I'm not gonna say this week was a wash. I'll just chalk it up to my learning curve on this WOE. I have the right numbers now and things should clear up and work themselves back down again.

How is everyone else's day going?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm so proud of me. I was on the road all day. I had a pork chop with "fatted up" gaucamole and BPC for breakfast. I drove to new york and back and I didnt eat any crap. DH insisted we eat out and finally I said ok. I ordered 2 chicken legs, salad with ranch dressing and extra mayo on the side and took 2 pats of butter and put it on my chicken and lemon water. LCHF for the win! I did good!
You did awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrmoon View Post
So I'm thinking that this may be the best place for me right now.

I was given some tips on a new (to me) study technique. I know a lot of you don't know me, but I'm a full time college student in addition to being a single mom and having a full time job. Anyway - the technique is to study for 25 minutes and then do something that does't require any brain power for 15 minutes(something like folding clothes or doing dishes or whatever). So I'm getting more studying done and my bedroom is getting closer to clean as well!

I've been mostly doing Stillman's since Dec 30. Last night's dinner didn't fit - it was leftover turkey soup that had both dairy and veggies in it. I needed to get it out of the fridge.

Today is grocery shopping day. I have my list. I have to eat something, then get cleaned up and hit Costco first, then Petsmart for dog food and Kroger for the smaller stuff. I plan it that way because they are all in the same place.
Your plate's definitely full! I was a full-time student several years back, but I wasn't working at all and I barley was able to balance home, kids, and school work---kudos to you for doing it all!

Quote:
Welcome Slvrmoon! I hit costco this morning. I didnt have a list so I wound up paying for that indescretion literally. lol

Hi Guys. I know what was making my weight creep up day after day this week. I had my dietary calculations wrong. Was eating waaaaaay to much fat. At first I was like OMG how am I gonna eat that much fat??!!! LOL ...I wasnt supposed to eat that much. I had it right last week. So I'm not gonna say this week was a wash. I'll just chalk it up to my learning curve on this WOE. I have the right numbers now and things should clear up and work themselves back down again.

How is everyone else's day going?
I get into trouble every single time we go to Costco! We have pretty much made a point that we set a time limit and scurry around rather than go up and down ever aisle because I could seriously find something in every single aisle to buy that I have to have

A 74 y/o woman was runover and killed by an 85 y/o man this afternoon at the Costco gas station....apparently he'd backed into her car and when she got out to assess the damage he actually ran her over.

Good thing for checking your #'s--next week should be smooth sailing for ya!
---------------------

Welp, I finally got all the decorations down...good grief that took forever! I am tired from all of that commotion... *yawn*

So far everything's on track today, food is stellar and water is nearing the gallon mark within the next hour or so Looking forward to hopefully seeing a new low in the morning, or at least "the one I had" prior to Xmas!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Yes, Costco is a dangerous place. I don't buy meat there because I can do better at Kroger, but it's great for paper products and coffee creamer and they have gluten free chicken nuggets that my daughter loves.

Tonight's plan is to do some more studying and then watch the second Lord of the Rings movie.

Tomorrow I am going to repackage all the meat I bought today into meal size vacuum bags, cook our daytime meals for the week ahead, do even more studying (I'm way behind because I slacked off in Dec), and if it's not too late, I'll watch the third LOTR movie.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

I at least brought the empty christmas boxes from the basement. lol. I guess putting the decorations into the empty box will be my task for tomorrow. Our house guests have gone but seems like the 2 youngest ones do not know how to entertain themselves w/o fighting now. I'm looking forward to 9pm when I send them to bed. lol

Great job on the water Danielle. I'm at 5 glasses. I'm shooting for eight. Dont know if I can cram 3 more glasses in but i'm gonna try.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

That's progress, Shay LOL I was debating doing it today or not, but I'm sick of looking at it all anymore.... besides, I figured all the up & down the stairs would be some sort of movement today since I took the day off from a formal workout..

I have a list a mile long for tomorrow....glad I don't have any plans to go out anywhere Doing the crockpot tomorrow so dinner's a no-brainer..
more time for exercise, I guess

Water is easy for me, I naturally crave it....yes, I know, I'm weird
I just with everything else came naturally for me!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....sounds like you guys are doing pretty good. I'm back on track and planning on staying there.

We are having a "polar freeze" here. It was 2* when I got up this morning and now it's 3*. I am SO ready for Spring.

I'm going to church in a little while, but then it's back home and I'm staying in the rest of the day. I made sure I had everything I need so I wouldn't have to go to the store today. When I go to the store, I have a list and just go get the stuff I have on the list and get out as quickly as I can. Less temptation.

WOW....Danielle....that's too bad about that lady. Looks like that man shouldn't have been driving. An 81 y/o woman was killed in a parking lot here the other day. A 78 y/o woman was backing out of a parking space and the 81 y/o walked right behind her car and was run over. I do NOT understand people who walk behind a car in a parking lot that has their back-up lights on. Makes no sense to me. So sad.

Since I live alone, I don't put much out for Christmas decorations anymore. Makes it easier putting it out and putting it away.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa Judy, that's some cold weather ya got there! Stay warm, friend!

Yeah, the accident yesterday was so senseless...I'm serious, when people get to a certain age I truly believe they need to be required to retest for driving....especially here as our licenses do not expire for upwards of 25 years

Lots on the agenda today....I do not want to get moving, but I should if I wanna be able to enjoy some football today

I hit a new low today on the scale! I am SO relieved to see the scale moving in the right direction again, December was crazy with the bouncing
Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Danielle! December was a crazy month. I'm so glad its over. lol
Old 01-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Good afternoon everyone. I got up late this morning.. that's what happens when you stay up way past your bedtime watching a movie. I'm just now watching the LOTR trilogy. I might get to watch the third one today if I finish my studying (which I cam currently avoiding... btw).

I got all the meals for the week ahead done. I got my supplements set up. I just picked up some new ones yesterday based on a product that the Eades' developed, but I didn't want to buy and wait for them to ship it to me. I want to get started NOW. Anyway, I am in my room in my study spot instead of the kitchen now because my daughter pinky promised that she would clean the kitchen while I study so we can watch the movie later.

I better get to it, then. Have a great afternoon!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Way to go Danielle! December was a crazy month. I'm so glad its over. lol
Truer words were never spoken I totally thought I'd have no issue going into Christmas...not-so-much...was much harder than I anticipated.. not as if we had tons of company or events to go to...just the season creates such a desire to want to eat...and eat badly

Onward & upward!