Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
judy - no treadmill here.. just my Leslie Sansone walking DVD and the Kathy Smith workout tape... I have a Zumbo DVD somewhere.. just have to find it....

Danielle - I am the same way.... even tho I am older with my metabolism I can lose alot fast if I eat really clean, but if I eat off program... heck I can put on 3 to 4 pounds... so I just have to get it in my mind to always eat clean... and not go off track..... and I went off track yesterday.. and yes I am up today... so now to work hard to get these pounds off me
so really going to up my exercise today and tomorrow......

boy skinny people just do not know how hard it is to lose weight...

paris - yes, it is warmer here also.... and I am loving it.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Count me in the slow loser club Excruciatingly slow sometimes...but boy, the ole bod wastes no time at all putting it back on

I've practiced my hula hooping 3 days this week for 10 min. each time... and did a walking dvd for 2 miles 2 days this week.. All-in-all, not a bad way to get back into the swing of things....however, I still really suck rocks at hooping Trying to channel my inner 8 y/o self and try to figure out what the heck I'm missing in trying to keep the dang thing up!

DH is off the next 2 days... this could prove to be quite challenging because the man LOVES to eat out.. I have done well in the past w/ no problems when I've been firmly planted in the wagon...but right now, just getting back on track and feeling less than completely strong about the whole thing....
I'll have to keep him busy doing stuff and maybe he won't wanna go out?

Anyways, that's me for now....have a great day, ladies!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/234/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Gained a pound... my own fault, we had plans to go out to lunch yesterday with the kids and grandkids, they wanted Texas Roadhouse, works for me, steak and a salad. Got to their place around noon. 8 month old was sleeping, 2 year old needed a nap. Other things got in the way, before we knew it, it's 3pm. Kids decided let's wait and do dinner.. fine, but I need to eat something NOW. Not many options to be had over there, found one leftover chicken thigh to hold me over, didn't get to the restaurant until 7:30. Seriously needed food. Had a roll. Which led to a couple of fried pickles and rattlesnake bites. And some cheesecake. And boy did I feel like crap the rest of the night and this morning.

Using this as a learning experience - PACK A SNACK BAG anytime you leave the house, because even the best plans can fall apart.
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Diana....Thanks. I am going to look for a walking DVD that I could do without a treadmill. I'll see if I can find the one you have on the internet. Not only do skinny people not know how hard it is to lose weight, people who are young (under 45 or 50) do not know how much harder/slower it is during and after menopause. Take it from one who "does" know.

Danielle...I tried doing the hula hoop when my kids were very young. They could do it great. I couldn't do it at all no matter how hard I tried. Haven't done it since and doubt the experience would be any different. Guess I'll stick to walking.

Joanne....Having a snack pack with you when you are dependent on other peoples schedule is a good idea. Almonds are a good one....so is beef jerky, if you can find jerky without sugar, which isn't easy. Neither of those go bad even if you don't eat them for awhile.

Have a great day, ladies. Not much going on here. It's supposed to be nice today so I'll get out and walk at least for a little while today.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday all !

Diana and Danielle - a walking DVD sounds interesting, how does that work ? Do you walk around the house or do steps in place?

Have a good day everyone
Old 03-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy, surprisingly only my youngest DD loved the hula hoop...my other daughter coulda cared less... but, BOTH can do it like a champ I still cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong, it's driving me nuts

I think losing weight anytime after your 30's gets hard and harder.. especially for anyone in heavy perimeno... The weight just does not budge like it used to no matter what or how I eat and exercise.. it gets frustrating and daunting and I have to put myself in lots of time outs to keep my composure

My body loves loves loves the 230's ...it's as if it was just waiting for an excuse to rebound back towards those numbers... so frustrating!!!

Trying to focus less on scale numbers and more on fitness numbers and keeping my food clean. Something will click soon enough, right?!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeresaM
Stats: 256/241/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/25/2014
I have that Leslie Sansone walking DVD - its buried in my closet and has been for a few years now....not good - I know. I'm just so exhausted when I get home. I have to leave the house at 6:30am for work and when I get home - the whole dinner thing and making sure my son does his homework, etc.....it's just too much. I'm not motivated right now to do the exercise. I'm sure the extra 100 lbs that I carry make me lethargic. so hopefully once I shed some of that the energy will boost back up.
I think I am perimeno too.....night sweats and mood swings like crazy.....normal people gain 5 lbs and realize they need to lose weight....5lbs is nothing to me......I gain 50 lbs and just start thinking wow this isn't good. My friend loses 5 lbs and looks like a million bucks. I have to lose 30 lbs for people to start noticing that I lost anything......
TeresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #218
Junior LCF Member

The other thing I have trouble with - I don't feel as bad as I look - does that make sense? like - when I see my picture I'm shocked at how big I am....I look terrible in the picture but I don't see all that when I look in the mirror everyday.....
Old 03-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

I'm chatty Cathy today - hehehehe - is there a way to book mark - or save this over 200 thread so I can easily find it? I had a heck of a time trying to find this again......
Old 03-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hey ladies! Just popping in to say that I'm still here. My grandmother passed away last Tuesday so I haven't been online much. Had to drive up to Indiana for her funeral (my dad is from IN), and then all the way back. Very sober car trip. Trying to get back in the swing of things this week. It feels very weird trying to get back into the routine, but I'm hanging in there. Hit a new low-- 229.4-- which I was pretty proud of considering almost all of my meals last week were on the road.

How are you guys doing? Anyone seen any good movies lately?

My Journal!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:35 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Sorry for your loss, Lauren.

Saw "Catching Fire" on Demand recently, it was good. I've read the books, and felt the movie did a good job.

Friday I head into Boston for pre-tests and hip aspiration. If everything checks out, April 3 I go back and get my new hip in.

Started an online Medical Terminology class this week. At some point I will need to find a part time job, and would like to do admin work in a doc or hospital office. It's a tough course but I am enjoying it so far.

Have a great day everyone !
Old 03-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #222
Junior LCF Member

Lauren - very sorry for your loss
Good job on the weight loss! you should be proud of yourself. That is tough traveling and trying to eat the right way.
I just saw The Butler. I really liked it. Its a good movie. I also saw The Dallas Buyers Club. I think I kind of liked it.....its very ummmmmm how should I say it -.........I wouldn't go on a blind date to see it.....LOL McCaughnehy (sp?) deserved that award - great acting.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Joanne - fingers crossed for you on the hip checking out ok. Good for you taking those courses....I bet they are tough - you'll do just fine - I'm confident.
I've been at my job for 13 yrs. I've decided to leave there. It took me two years to be ok with this decision. I just got home from my second interview for a great county job! I think I got it! They only brought back me and one other to compare. I hope to hear from them by this Friday. Please send positive thoughts my way........
Old 03-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
Joanne - fingers crossed for you on the hip checking out ok. Good for you taking those courses....I bet they are tough - you'll do just fine - I'm confident.
I've been at my job for 13 yrs. I've decided to leave there. It took me two years to be ok with this decision. I just got home from my second interview for a great county job! I think I got it! They only brought back me and one other to compare. I hope to hear from them by this Friday. Please send positive thoughts my way........
Thanks ! Fingers crossed for you and lots of positive thoughts ! Wow, very similar situation for me, took a voluntary lay-off after 14 years in May last year, also took awhile to be ok with the decision. I am looking forward to doing something different, and just part time, if we can swing it financially.

Enjoy your day all .... Snowing here ... again ... sigh. Really anxious for spring !!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, everyone....

Teresa....I hear ya on our weight slowing us down. I "know" shedding 50 lbs would make me want to walk more. It's hard when we weigh this much....but, I also know that walking more would help shed the weight faster. I don't "feel" as bad as I "look" either. Only it doesn't take a photo for me to "see" how I look. I get dressed in front of a full-length mirror. Naked is NOT good. I'm glad I live alone. But, I still don't "feel" this fat when I'm not looking in a mirror.

You can bookmark the main page here: The Century Club - Low Carb Friends Our threads are almost always near or at the top.

Or you can go to the top of any page on the board and click on "User Control Panel" on the left side in the blue band. That will show you all the threads that you have posted in that have new posts. If there aren't any new ones, the thread won't be in the list...but then you can click on "View All Subscribed Threads" in the blue band at the bottom and it will show all of them. Hope this helps.

Lauren....Awww...my condolences on your loss. Losing loved ones is so hard. You did an admirable job with the WOE. Congrats. I never do well when I travel.

Joanne....Good luck with the hip replacement. I'm afraid I'm going to need one before much longer. I got my Mom's bad knees (have had both of them replaced) and also got my Dad's hips. Haven't had either one replaced yet, but Dad had to have both of his done....one of them was done twice. The second time they did both at once.

Have a great day....and keep up the good work. We CAN do this!!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:54 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi Ladies mind if I join in? I haven't seen the under the two hundreds in over seven years. I've been reading this forum and I know it will help. I've been eating low carb, under twenty carbs and walking three miles a day. I just have to stay true to the twenty carbs daily. What a struggle. I know I can do this! I was doing so good, then I seem to have lost my focus. I am going full steam ahead now and hope to continue.
Have a wonderful day.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:18 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Joanne-- thank you. I love the Hunger Games trilogy, I burned through those books way too quickly haha. I'm big into reading. Have you read the Divergent trilogy? It's a similar dystopic series. They're making them into movies too, and I think the first one comes out this month!

Teresa-- thank you. It definitely helps that my mom is a long-time LC'er and was on the trip with me, so I wasn't sticking it out alone! She is not as strict with it as I am though, as she's just maintaining and I'm pretty new to it.

Judy-- thank you. I think if the circumstances of the trip had been better it probably would have been harder for me to stay on track, but it was no cake walk, either! My dad and brother were constantly trying to get me to eat candy and other stuff haha.

Sammi-- Welcome! You CAN do this! We will be here to support you!

Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sammi.... Good to see you here. We need more posters. The more, the merrier. I have lost focus WAY too often over the last 10 years. It's really not worth it and I know it. SO....let's stay on the loser's train this time. I know I will still bounce up and down, but if I don't go totally off track I can do this.

Lauren....Having someone with you who just believes in LC, even if they aren't on it, helps. My youngest daughter is VLC and it's never a problem eating with her. It's eating out when she's not with me that is a problem.

I don't have anything related to food scheduled for awhile and I hope nothing comes up for awhile. I "need" to stick to plan. It works....
Old 03-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Hi guys. I'm just checking in. I have been having a stressful month so far. Been carb creeping so today I'm sitting at 229lbs. I thought it woulda been a whole bunch more that I gained but I'm happy its not as bad as I thought.

Basically what's been going on with me is school and we just found out my kids father has cancer at age 50 and he's been in the hospital and surgery and about to start chemotherapy and he doesnt want me to tell our dd12 and ds13. Its been eating me up inside worrying about him and worry about how the kids will take it. I just feel kind of emotional and I've been emotional eating. Plus we are getting tighter on our budget. Also we are going through the IVF process. Just alot on my plate.

Life is just so stressful right now that I want to be done with school for the semester. I still have about a month to go.

That's about all that is going on. I'm trying not to stay gone from LCF too long because I know it keeps me accountable.

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, Shay. You have a lot on your plate, lady. I'm so sorry to read you're going through all that. I don't know what your personal beliefs are, but I hope you don't mind me saying I will keep you in my prayers. Hope things start looking up soon!
Old 03-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Sammi! glad you're here with us.
I'm down to 241 #s this morning. I'm pretty happy about this. I can't wait to get out of the forties......that is 15 #s for me. I started Feb 25th!
I got the new job! This is great for us because I've been so unhappy for the last two years. I was really in a deep depression for all that time because of it. I'm hoping now that I can release this weight now that I have a new job. I really don't understand why it took me so long to make the decision to move on. It was very hard for me to leave this job after 13 yrs being there......I was willing to take a $2 per hr pay cut at this new job! They offered me more than I make now AND I get to go back to my old really good insurance that we lost in our last union negotiations. I'm going to give my boss my two week notice on Monday.....I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo excited......YIPPEEEEEEEE
Old 03-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #232
Junior LCF Member

Shantony - I'm so sorry you have all that stress. I'm not sure exactly what to say except that I'm sorry.......stay positive and spend lots of time with your kids/cuddle up.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shay....I'm so sorry. I'll pray for you, your kids, and their father too. I hope you don't mind. That is SO scary. My oldest daughter had cancer (Hodgkins Disease) years ago and she is fine and cancer free now. She's 56 years old. Her's was over 20 years ago and they have come a long way in the treatments and the success rate. Hers came back 3 times, but she's been cancer free for years now.

I know it's hard not to, but worrying won't help and will just harm you....and your kids....even if they don't know what's going on. They will pick up on your moods. So...pray a lot if that helps you...I know it helped me....and hang in there. That's about all we can do in situations like this. Concentrate on finishing your school so if the worst happens you can get a good job and be able to take care of yourself and the kids.

Please check in and give us updates whenever you want. I'm sure everyone here is ready to listen and support you. That's why we are here.

Hugs, Love, and Prayers for you and your family.....

Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Shay, I am so sorry to hear what you are going thru. I will be praying for your family. Like Judy said, success rates are so much better than years ago. My father-in-law was diagnosed 7 years ago and given a 3% chance to make it. He is currently cancer free and we recently celebrated his 81 birthday. Hang in there
Old 03-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Thanks everyone. I've been trying to do my best. Your prayers are appreciated.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
I'm so sorry Shay My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessworth
Stats: 262/252/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 03/05/2014
I read this thread, but I don't usually post. This afternoon we went to Longhorn steakhouse for dinner and I had a filet and lobster tail. It was so yummy! I've been eating pretty simply, so it was a nice change. I will be adding in exercise on April 1. I'm giving my body time to adjust to low carb before I shock it even more with exercise!
jessworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

Shay, sending love and support to you and your family Take care of YOU and do not sweat the weightloss stuff right now...

Jess, hope you'll continue to post with us here! Getting ready to incorporate some workouts in the next week or so...I am truly terrified!

Teresa, fabulous losses so far!
--------------

I decided to stop doing daily weighing as of last week...Thursday's will be my "official weigh day" ... it is absolutely terrifying, lemme tell ya I have been struggling the last few days to put into words all that I've been feeling in regard to my decision to do this... I really didn't expect for it to have this big of an effect on me.... but definitely going through something with it and trying to work it out. I essentially decided to go to weekly weigh-ins because I felt like I was too honed in on the numbers instead of the overall progress of my journey...as well as not staying focused on other important things like measurements, exercise, and just my overall feeling of accomplishment. Bottom line is, I really want to focus on fitness and overall better health....and not so much about the actual numbers. I never dreamed that I would be left feeling like I'm failing--for lack of a better word-- when I figure it all out, I will post it here and share.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #239
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
If it's any comfort, Danielle, I always weigh only weekly--and did so throughout my weight loss and almost 4 years into maintenance. It really helps me focus on my eating and less on the 'number.'

I personally can't handle the daily fluctuations. The few times I weighed daily (when I was 'tweaking' my WOE), it really screwed me up. For me at least, daily weighing is counter productive.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
shay - going up for your family...

do not know why but the past few days have been hard for me.. and up a few pounds so really going to hit it hard now...... only 9 weeks until I go to Michigan......

I went to a WW meeting with a friend..(they were to bring a guest) and it was share day for them.... and she got two DVD's of Jillian Michaels for me.... wow going to do one this evening.... one is really tough and intense... two 45 min. workouts... the other one is three 20 min. workouts..

really going to work hard at NOT eating after 7pm... was doing good and then bam.... I starting eating stuff after 7pm.. and for me that is a no no.......

Jess - welcome.... and I just love the Flo steak at the Longhorn steakhouse.... it is the only one I get there... unless I get the Prime Rib....

so back to writing down everything that goes into my mouth.... measuring everything.... and NOT eating after 7pm..... 63 days and counting..... so I have to work hard.....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote