Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 05:08 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Thanks ladies! I'm still trucking along. I always have the grumpies on Mondays. Back to work! Yuck.

Hey, Joanne! Welcome! Is your avatar from the Blue Ridge Parkway?

Judy-- haha!! I love that story. What a great idea!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 06:14 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/234/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Hi Lauren ... it sure is, there's a motorcycle forum my husband and I belong to and there's an annual informal "Blue Ridge Ride" held every year in Natural Bridge, VA. We've been able to go the last few years, what a beautiful part of the country. We're going back in July, altho I won't be able to ride this year.
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:30 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Good morning ladies...

Ugh, frustrated over here...my "new low" lasted for approx. 2 seconds... and now the scale is going UP. 225.8 from 222.8. I could see if I was messing around and not doing what I'm supposed to be...but that is not the case whatsoever.. I know, it could be anything, and it's more than likely not *real* but sheesh, give a girl a break, will ya!!

I'll be back later for personals..I just really needed to vent after I saw this morning's numbers

I WILL have a good day!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Lauren....That's what I do since I'm on LC and plan to stay there for life. I won't give up "buying" things from kids who are ambitious enough to sell things like that (candy bars too)....but I don't bring them home. When they have their little stand in the grocery store selling GS cookies or those candy bars that they sell periodically, I usually stop, buy 2 or 3 bars or a box of cookies and then tell them that I can't eat candy, or cookies, depending on what they are selling, so will they please eat them for me? The look on their faces and their big smiles is well worth the $$s.

Danielle....Maddening, isn't it? I had a bounce UP this morning too. Not as bad as yours, but still. When we do everything we should and are expecting a loss, it just "ain't" fair. I think I heard somewhere "who said life's fair?" so I guess we just have to keep on keeping on. I know I do and I know you will too. I passed on buying any GS cookies for myself yesterday, ate less calories than I usually do, was expecting a loss and bounced UP 0.4 of a lb. I know it isn't much, but a loss would have made me much happier.

So....hang in there everyone....Just keep on keepin' on and even when you go off plan, so long as you get right back on and don't derail for a long time, it will eventually come off.

I'm good friends with a gal I lived next door to in my old apartment complex and since I moved we try to get together about once a month (or at least every 6 weeks)...and this week is it...probably Wednesday, we haven't decided on a day yet. We always go to our favorite place. It's a REALLY good Chinese Buffet. I don't go "crazy," but I do indulge. It's usually good for a temporary bounce UP of 2 to 3 lbs....lots of salt/sugar in the food....but it comes off in a couple of days and it's worth it to me. It's the unexplained bounces UP that frustrate me....but NOT enough to derail me, that's for sure.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
lauren - yes, Mondays are sometimes not the best ..... hang in there...

Danielle - so sorry that the scale is not your friend right now... it is terrible when you work so hard and then it does not show on the scale

well last evening I was looking for my Zumba DVD and have not found it yet but I found a tape about 20 years old... of Kathy Smith (I think she was a model ) well this walking tape... whew..... I did about 10 min... and I was huffing and puffing ... so I will try it again today and see if I can go longer with it....
my scale has not moved in 3 days and I also am trying sooo hard... boy, sometimes our bodies really let us down

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Hi girls

I've been scarce but plugging along (kind of) I'm down 4 lbs today. I'm going to visit my mom out of state in 2 weeks. Would like to lose more by then.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Joanne-- I love it up there! I live in the foothills in SC so we sometimes drive up to Asheville, NC and take a ride on the parkway. Such a beautiful drive! I bet it's even better on a motorcycle.

Danielle-- I feel ya girl! For some reason I'm always up a little bit after the weekend. I'm starting to think it's because I guzzle more water when I'm working at my desk job, versus running around town in the car. Hopefully it will come back down! I know you're a water guzzler yourself so it's probably not that. Hang in there!

Judy-- That's so sweet! When I see girl scouts selling cookies I avert my eyes and power walk past them. So hard to resist those cookies!! Maybe I can develop some self-discipline and take a page out of your book, haha.

Pawleys-- Hang in there! It will come down. Do you take your measurements? Seeing those move helps me out a lot when the scale isn't doing much. I'm always pleasantly surprised to see the tape measure getting smaller even when the numbers on the scale aren't.

Jazlyn-- Congrats on the four pounds! Woohoo!

My Journal!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
So I went on a yoga retreat this past weekend and there was no meat. OMG there was only vegetarian carbs. So I ate them. Then I had the cravings again. I ate rice today. Grrrr, I hate starting over. I was at 228.2 this morning but something tells me that that'll be up tomorrow. Sheesh!

I guess I should just prepare myself for it and not let it get me down. I know I can get right back on plan. I just really wanted to see 225 this month.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PiscesMoon
Stats: 308.6/295.8/180
WOE: Low Carb~No specific plan
Start Date: December 1, 2013
I don't know where to begin anymore, so I'll begin *here*. I've gone back and forth on low carb for years but this time I seem to be actually sticking to plan. I've been at this since the day after Thanksgiving and have managed to come down 13 pounds on my own. I feel my resolve strengthening and want to surround myself with more like minded people to keep me moving in the right direction.

I feel like I should be posting on the 300# support group because I began over this number and am barely under it now. I won't, though, because I'm no longer a 300 pounder and don't want to go backwards, if you understand what I mean? I want to keep my vision focused towards lower numbers. Onward and downward! lol

I have to admit that I'm not happy with how slow the weight is coming off. I've been taking Paxil for 10+ years now and talked to my psychiatrist about changing it to something more weight loss friendly. She did this for me and it didn't go well at all and I had to switch back. I guess I have to work with the tools I have. Now I'm focusing on trying to cut my portions and not just cut the carbs. I've also just reintroduced exercise into my regimen after a long hiatus due to 2 surgeries on my left leg in the past 2 or so years. (Knee and ankle)

I have a BIG challenge coming up this weekend. A friend I haven't seen in over 25 years is coming for a visit and she isn't low carbing, so I'll have to buy food for her and I know I'll want to join her in what she's eating. Also this coming Tuesday is Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras!) andddd my birthday as well. Omg, I feel those carbs SCREAMING my name already.

Help!!
PiscesMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Piscesmoon- You can do it. Make the best of the choices you have when your friend comes and on your birthday. Have a little bit of what she's having and a little bit of an indulgence on your birthday and then get right back up on the horse and keep going.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pices...What Shay said. It isn't the end of the world if you have an off-plan meal for a special occasion....It's WAY more important that you get back on plan immediately. It's only a disaster if you let it become one and you "stay" off plan. How long is your friend staying? You can always use the excuse that you have developed allergies so you can't eat what she's eating. OR get some frozen entrees for her...they make some really good ones now....serve a salad that you can partake in and have meat for yourself like a rotisserie chicken. Go online and search for Low Carb recipes if you really like to cook. There are tons of them out there. My daughter is a Type I diabetic and she controls it mainly with diet. She only uses insulin if she eats carbs and she hardly ever does. She fixes regular dinners for her man and his daughter who lives with them, then she just eats the meat and a LC veggie or a salad. She doesn't put carbs/sugars in, so she doesn't need insulin to take it out.

Good luck, and do what's best for YOU!! If your friend is a real friend she will understand.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Hi Pisces! Welcome! Do you have to make carby meals just because she is visiting? There are lots of low carb options that pretty much everyone enjoys, right? What about burgers and salad, and you just don't eat the bun? Or STEAK. Mmm. Or chicken with veggies. You wouldn't even have to let on if you didn't want to.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PiscesMoon
Stats: 308.6/295.8/180
WOE: Low Carb~No specific plan
Start Date: December 1, 2013
All very excellent advice! I know that I'm going to have ONE cheat day on Tuesday but I've firmly made up my mind that the rest of the days she's here I will be sticking to plan.

I just got another gush of motivation today when I put on jeans that I haven't been able to wear in at LEAST 2 years!!! Yay!!!

Thanks for the encouragement and advice everyone!
PiscesMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

PiscesMoon Congrats on the jeans !! Enjoy visiting with your friend, and an early Happy Birthday wish !
Old 03-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pices....Have a good time while your friend is here. Be as careful as you can, enjoy your birthday....just get right back on plan right after. That's the important thing. DON'T let the hiatus derail you. That's what counts.

...early!!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

....Where is everyone??

I have checked every day, but no one is here!! Where are you guys? I hope this thread doesn't die. I have done a terrible job so far this month. Up and down, more up than down. Am on track now and I "must" stay there if I want to get any of this off for good.

Check in please. I'll come back tomorrow and hopefully, some will have been here. You guys are doing a better job than I have been. Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Spring is right around the corner....just over 2 weeks....and before we know it, it will be Summer....so let's GO!!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm here Judy.. just getting going again after about a week and a half of being off track... haven't been able to make it here yet the last couple days..

You're not alone in the mess that is the start of this month.. I made an absolute mess of my start to the month...I can only hope that it straightens out quickly!

I set myself back by several pounds...definitely not proud of that, but I had to just work through it and I totally own it.

Hope everyone comes by and check in!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy - I am right with ya...... got off base in Dec and Jan... then in Feb had to re-lose the weight I gained those two months... so now starting fresh again..... but I have that goal of losing all I can before I leave for Michigan on May 21st... to see my family......

some small goals:
1. to be able to fasten the airplane seat belt ok
2. to be able to wear my jeans to Michigan
3. to be able to get on the ground and play with my grandbabies......

I need to keep these three goals front and center for these 11 weeks that I have before going........

Danielle - I agree with ya... I also have to totally own that I went off the rails Dec. and Jan..... and work hard with my WOE and step up my exercise........

yes, we CAN do it..........
Old 03-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Couldn't check in yesterday, the
day was spent with my dtr in law and the grand babies, she wanted to try this .."40 freezer meals in 4 hours" prep thing.. yeah, well, it took way longer than that ! I was glad to help tho. Had something cool happen:

I had packed my lunch to go over so I would stay on plan. We went shopping first. DIL asked if we could stop at the mall's indoor play area so the 2 year old could run off some energy. No problem, but this brings us to lunch time. And the dreaded mall food court. I'm doomed

Then I notice a Panera... had a Chicken Power bowl, basically a spinach salad with grilled chicken some hummus and a lemon to squeeze over it. And when DIL bought Dairy Queen I really wasn't tempted ... in the past I think I would have licked the drips off the table when no one was looking LOL ... I feel like for the first time in my life I am listening to what my body is telling me I need to eat, not my head. That's huge for me

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-07-2014, 07:09 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Diana~ those are some fantastic goals to work towards. You can do it! I am so thankful that I had the wherewithal to actually pull back the reigns after only a little over a week instead of months (which has always been my history!)...because the weight piles back on me super quickly when I'm not in control

Joanne~ You did great!! I love love love DQ... There was a time a few years ago where we used to get it at least 2-3x a week, especially during the summer months out here Gee, and no wonder there is so much weight to lose, it's no mystery Honoring your body's natural responses is perfect, imagine how your results will be with a bunch of these moments all strung together!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's good to see you guys back posting. I know "I" have to get back on plan and STAY there. My problem is "staying there." Maybe it being Lent will help. Something needs to.

I'm having fish and steamed broccoli for lunch and then a shake and SF jello for dinner. That should be a good start.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #202
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeresaM
Stats: 256/241/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/25/2014
Got room for another????
I've been over 200lbs for about.......ummmmmm.....I'd say 12-13 yrs - I've had enough of it. I need support really bad. I have one of those husbands that loves me no matter what.....so he doesn't push me to lose weight....and he doesn't need to lose weight
I would love to lose 40 lbs by July 1st. I don't like saying out loud but I weigh 246 today. I started 2/25/2014 - lost 10 lbs my first week - but haven't seen any loss the middle of my second week here....a little discouraged but I am PMS right now so I keep reminding myself of that. AND I know that this low carb lifestyle you can have nothing, nothing, nothing then BAM 10 lbs gone....I'm excited to have found you guys. I live in cold too - Antarctica= Maine - it was minus 6 degrees yesterday - BRRRRR..........I don't exercise at this time....not my fav...but hopefully that will come when I'm not so exhausted from being heavy like this. we'll take that as it comes....not now.
TeresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

joanne - wow you were super strong and the chicken power bowl sounds I understand about DQ - that is why I do NOT keep any ice cream in my home...LOL - for it would be gone LOL

Danielle - my weight also piles on quickly if I get off track... glad that you are back on the right track.....

judy - fish and broccoli sounds good..... you CAN do it.. we all can.... just takes time...

Teresa - glad to have you here - I am heavier than you right now but I know that exercise really does help me - makes me feel so good when I get done... I do water aerobics... and a walking tape... maybe you could get a walking tape since you still have ice and snow... by me doing exercise everyday it makes me lose better... just a thought.....
Old 03-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Theresa ! Love Maine, as kids we spent a week or two every year at York Beach, some of my best memories.

This is a great place for support. I've learned a lot from some really awesome people
Old 03-08-2014, 06:03 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, everyone.

...Teresa...It's always nice to have a new person join us. I look forward to getting to know you. I know what you mean about cold weather. It's cold here....again!! (36* for a high and our "normal" is 50*) but not as bad as it has been and tomorrow is supposed to be quite nice....60*. I don't know which is worse....colder than normal all the time or up and down. When it's 60*, then it gets cold again, it seems worse. I don't like rollercoaster weather...but that's pretty "normal" for Nebraska.

Diana....Do you have a treadmill at home for your walking tape? I did have one, but haven't had in a long time...apartment living doesn't really leave much room for that and I "love" living in an apartment since I live alone. No snow to shovel in the winter...no grass to mow in the summer, and if something falls apart, I just call for the maintenance man. I just wish the weather would straighten out so I could walk outdoors. I do walk extra around the store when I go to shopping, but that's not enough.

Joanne...

Have a great weekend....let's make it a "losing" one.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

judy - I have the "Leslie Sansone Walk at home" DVD.. and I love it.. only on the one mile it is a 4 mile workout... but I know that I will work up to the 4 miles plus I found a old tape not a DVD... do y'all remember a Kathy Smith.. I think she was a model in the day..... (showing my age LOL) and her walking tape/workout .. whew... a good one...... so I am trying to do both... I also have a tape of Billy Blanks (OMG what a body he has ) Tae Bo - but he does a lot of kicks in it and right now I can not really do the kicks like Billy does - but that also is a fun one.... just trying to step up my exercise for the next 10 weeks... with my daily water aerobics....

weather is nice today... the last three days have been cold here... brrrrrrr in the 30's and low 40's but today and the rest of the weekend may get to almost 70 our normal for right now should be in the 65 degrees range.. but has not been that in a while... I want my warm weather back......
Old 03-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, welcome! It's great to have you here!!

Diana, just keep on with the 1 miler, before ya know it, you'll be kicking Billy's butt with all those knee lifts!
-----------------

HUGE bounce on the scale Yes, it was a reward day for me, but didn't expect a bounce that big.. Oh well, just keeping on...chugging water today and praying it's just water weight.. I didn't overdo anything so was quite a shock to see such a big number
Old 03-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeresaM
Stats: 256/241/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/25/2014
hello there -
I feel like I didn't eat enough today and I'm sitting here now feeling a little deprived...
this morning I ate my usual - 2 scrambled eggs with sausage and pepperoni chunks
I ate 4 eggs mashed up with mayo -egg salad with dill spice/salt/pepper. I ate one of those prepackaged pepperoni/cheese packages you'd get at a gas station. I did just mix up some sugar free jello but it's going to take 4 hrs to firm up. I think I'm going to eat cheeseburgers with salad -2gm carb ranch guacamole dressing....for dinner and that's it. This is day 12 for me. I lost 9 lbs the first week but haven't lost any and I'm 5 days into the second week.....makes me feel discouraged - maybe that's why I feel deprived? Did any of you have that feeling your second week??? I'm very uncomfortable right now.....you know what I mean? like I just want to eat for no real reason.
TeresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
hello there -
I feel like I didn't eat enough today and I'm sitting here now feeling a little deprived...
this morning I ate my usual - 2 scrambled eggs with sausage and pepperoni chunks
I ate 4 eggs mashed up with mayo -egg salad with dill spice/salt/pepper. I ate one of those prepackaged pepperoni/cheese packages you'd get at a gas station. I did just mix up some sugar free jello but it's going to take 4 hrs to firm up. I think I'm going to eat cheeseburgers with salad -2gm carb ranch guacamole dressing....for dinner and that's it. This is day 12 for me. I lost 9 lbs the first week but haven't lost any and I'm 5 days into the second week.....makes me feel discouraged - maybe that's why I feel deprived? Did any of you have that feeling your second week??? I'm very uncomfortable right now.....you know what I mean? like I just want to eat for no real reason.
I put it in the freezer and it jells up faster.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diana....Do you have a tape/dvd that can be done indoors without a treadmill? Other than the Tae Bo one? I've seen that on TV and there's no way I could do that either. Or do you have a treadmill? I guess I'm going to have to look into going to a gym.

Danielle....I feel your pain. It always amazes me how much I gain when I go off plan (even one meal much less one day)...and how slow I lose when I stay on plan (comparatively). I can put on 3.5 lbs in one meal...especially at a Chinese restaurant, but have to stay strictly on plan for 3 to 4 days to lose it. NOT fair.

Teresa....Prepared foods, especially like pepperoni (and even sausage) put it on me. I think they are too high in calories. Mayo does too unless I have just a little. It's not fair, but I do know we are all different. You might try more LC veggies to "fill you up." I use the SF Jello for a treat/snack and that helps too. I get the individual cups at Walmart, put one in a dish, chop it up, and add about a Tbsp. of Cool Whip. Mix it up and it does the trick.

Warmer weather due here today and tomorrow, but then it's back down to colder. Come on Spring!!!