Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Writing down what I eat is the best thing for me too Jaz. I am doing ok but still mad I let myself gain anything back let alone 50 pounds but I am determined to learn from my mistakes.

Following plan even baked 23 dozen cookies for the dorms here at work and didn't eat any of them!!

I hope everyone is having a great day.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013

Wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day with lots more losses to come!!

KUTGW everyone.
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Happy Valentine's, everyone! SC is finally starting to thaw out today!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Happy Valetine's Day, girlies! I hope you're all doing well and have a wonderful weekend!
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:35 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

coffee-mug-coffee-beans-shaped-heart-good-morning-sign-isolated-white-31918069.jpg....Where is everyone? Having fun and staying on plan, I hope.

It's going to be a nice day here....not as warm as I like, but warmer than it has been and if we do get any "snow" it will be just flurries. I feel for those in the South and on the East Coast. Now they are anticipating flooding when all that snow there starts to melt.

I'll be on plan today and am going to a concert tonight.

Pluto.jpg
Old 02-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
good start for my day... I did my walking tape...only one mile but I hope to work up to doing the 4 miles.......

so new goals:

eat clean everyday
do my water aerobics and walking tape everyday...

soon I will pick up my sister and we will go do our water aerobics..... and I may later in the evening... do my walking tape again... I think about the BL show and how hard they word at exercise... 10 hours or more a day... and I think - girl and you can't do two hours of exercise a day... that is nothing.....and I know my body.. I know with eating clean and doing a lot exercise I can lost a lot of weight... I just need to DO IT....

only 12 weeks before I leave for Michigan to visit my grandbabies... and I would love to lose as much weight as I can..... my grandbabies have never seen me not heavy..... I do not want to be their fat grandma (the other grandmas' are thin)

I am planning my meals... and trying to measure everything... still have to work on that.... but I am doing better....

it is so sad that we tend to sabotage ourselves..... I have three friends that are trying to lose weight (they are WW) but we are all supportive of each other... tho... two of them at first were trying to tell me that WW was the ONLY diet to do... well I have done WW before - I lost some but then I would start eating more fruit and other things that had a lot of carbs.... and being a diabetic.... WW just does not work for me... it is working for them but they are not diabetics... the funny thing is that I of the four have lost the most since we all started... I say whatever food plan you use... it should work for ya if y'all are faithful to it... but I do not tell people what diet they should be on... but as low-carb people we all have heard that this diet is not good...

well, my sugar numbers are down... and I am losing weight..... so I will keep on doing this food plan.... not to say that once in a while I will over eat on some carbs... I am human... but I am trying...

sorry to get on the bandwagon

I just know that this food plan does work for me - so I am trying hard....

hope that everyone has a great day..... thanks for letting me be so chatty...

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diana....We love people who are chatty. I agree with everything you said in your post. I have a daughter who is a Type 1 diabetic and VLC to NO Carb not only works for her, she controls her diabetes this way. If she doesn't eat carbs she doesn't have to use insulin. She keeps her numbers where they belong mostly by eating VLC. On the occasions when she "does" eat carbs, then she has to use insulin. Living proof that this is a good plan...especially for diabetics. When she was first diagnosed several years ago, the people who run the "diabetes training" events told her she should get 45% of her calories from carbs!!! Thank God she knew better. Some in the medical profession are finally beginning to come around to VLC eating, but I wonder how many people over the years were given incorrect information like this and were actually damaged by it.

I was on plan yesterday and had a loss. Not a BIG one, but a loss. I "know" if I stay on plan I will lose. Slowly, but surely...and that's a LOT better than gaining. We had some freezing rain and then snow during the night so I won't be going anywhere until this afternoon. The sun is shinning and the snow was little enough that it should melt soon and the streets will be fine. We haven't had anywhere near our normal snowfall which is great for driving, but not good for the ground since we are experiencing a drought.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 02-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm here. Trying to play catch up on the boards, it's been a few days.

Feeling like garbage again.... this cold never completely went away and now seems to be stuck in my sinuses So, for me, just working on trying to feel better. Went totally cuckoo yesterday and went off plan....movie popcorn and M&M's No idea why, I just felt like it, I guess?

Back on track and now extra water is on the agenda to try and flush out that water gain I had on the scale My own fault, I own it.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

judy - so glad that your daughter was smart enough to not believe what the "experts" say we should do..... more power to her...
glad to hear that your are on plan and had a loss - good luck

Danielle - so sorry that you are not feeling well... and I can relate to ya... when I am not felling well... I tend to go for the comfort foods... and that is always food with carbs :stars
Old 02-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy, you're doing great....just keep going!!

Diana, thank you! Not a clue why I chose to veer off plan I think it was mostly mental..... Prior to getting sick last week, I fell down a staircase and that wreaked havoc on my day-to-day for a couple weeks...then I get to feeling good again, and BAM, I'm down with a major virus.. And now, started feeling human again and feels as if I'm backsliding and feeling like garbage again... SO sick of being incapacitated, yanno?

Today was a great food day, and I got in all my water. Here's hoping tomorrow's more of the same!

How's everyone doing?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:07 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm here. Trying to play catch up on the boards, it's been a few days.

Feeling like garbage again.... this cold never completely went away and now seems to be stuck in my sinuses So, for me, just working on trying to feel better. Went totally cuckoo yesterday and went off plan....movie popcorn and M&M's No idea why, I just felt like it, I guess?

Back on track and now extra water is on the agenda to try and flush out that water gain I had on the scale My own fault, I own it.
Danielle....Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. It sucks to be sick. Especially when one thing just gets better and then something else hits you. Hang in there. Hopefully, the "bad stuff" will leave you alone for awhile.

Diana....I was eating LC when my DD was diagnosed. She had no weight problem and was eating "whatever." She did quite a bit of research and then one day I told her...."You know, if you don't put the sugar in....you don't need insulin to take it out." She gave VLC a go and Voila! The rest is history. The medical profession is beginning to realize that carbs are NOT good for us. They still don't get it that there really aren't any "good" carbs, just that some carbs act slower than others, but maybe someday. At least some of them are beginning to see the light. Most of the nutritionists are still touting "good carbs" and are only saying that "refined sugar" is a culprit....totally discounting the fact that ANY carb turns to sugar as soon as we eat it. It begins in the mouth while we are chewing.

Have a good day everyone.....and KUTGW!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Judy! Woke up feeling a lot better today. Less pressure going on in my head so that's a relief! It really sucks rocks when you have a plan of what you want to get done with your days and your body has a different plan Hoping that this is now the tail end of it and I can finally get better and move on.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm still around. Its reading week, which is kind of a break but not because you are expected to use this week to study for exams. So I have one last midterm next week I have to study for. I have an assignment on Ergonomics due Monday and a presentation on Domestic Violence in the workplace on Monday. This week I'm just busy completing the assignment and I have a human resource management conference to go to on Thursday about Succession Management. I hope its not boring. Then I'll be mad because I could've slept in on that day and not dress up. LOL

I have decided to start taking Kundalini yoga classes. So I meet with a potential instructor tomorrow. Just to kinda say, Hey I'm over weight, out of shape and tight all over my body. Is there a "couch potato" version we could do to get me started. LOL

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

judy - yes, your daughter is the smart one... must run in your family
love the line "it begins in the mouth while we are chewing" yes,that says it all.

Danielle - so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.... hope by tomorrow you will be feeling great !

shay - good luck with you starting a yoga class... I could never do that for when I get down.... I can not get up

did one hour of water aerobics... and will start pretty soon my walking tape... felt out of sorts yesterday... and did no exercise at all... very bad of me.... so now have to make up for it.....
Old 02-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle....SO glad you are feeling better. Hope you can stay well now. Do you take vitamin C daily? I take 1000mgs with my daily vitamins at lunchtime and another 1000mgs at night just before bed. I am so seldom sick that it's unreal and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
I have decided to start taking Kundalini yoga classes. So I meet with a potential instructor tomorrow. Just to kinda say, Hey I'm over weight, out of shape and tight all over my body. Is there a "couch potato" version we could do to get me started. LOL
Shay.... ...Love it!! Let us know how it goes.

Diana....I would like to try yoga too, but like you, if I get on the floor I can't get up. With both total knee replacements, then add being 80 lbs overweight, it would be a disaster. I fell once about a year ago and the only way I could get up was to scoot over to the couch and use it to heft myself up and even then it wasn't easy.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling MUCH better today! Now I need to get into the dentist and deal with a crown that's giving me problems...want to nip that now before it ends up into some wildly painful situation where meds are involved Congestion seems to be going away and I can actually hear out of both ears Being sick really bites the big one, lemme tell ya! Weight seems to be sloooowwwwlllly headed back down towards my lowest recorded weight... I'm so over all of this bounce

Shay~ good luck with the yoga! My DD17 loves yoga and is super good at it...me, I'm lucky if I can keep up with the breathing and get into at least 1 pose before everyone else has already moved on to something else School sounds busy, but very interesting!

Diana~ good on you lady! WTG on that exercise!!!

Where's all of our ladies!?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
I'm procrastinating like usual.

I'm still on plan, couple of more pounds lost, just dealin' with a Sinus Cold from Hell and TOM. I had some watermelon slices over the weekend, didn't get kicked out of the Ketosis, which blew my mind since I knew TOM was coming shortly and I was going to be driven mad with the need for something sweet. Then I bought a bag of Russell Stover's Pecan Delights...my intestines are going to be rebellin' the next two days. :-X

Hope you ladies are doing great!
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Oh man, I'm sorry so many of you are sick! Not much going on in my neck of the woods, but I wanted to pop in and say I haven't vanished!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just popping in to say I haven't vanished either. Rain mixed with snow turning to heavy snow with 3 - 6 inches expected for today and then "maybe" more snow tomorrow. Sounds like it will be a mess. Glad I'm retired so I don't have to go out if it's too bad. I don't mind snow, but I'll stay home if it's ice instead which is a definite possibility since we are going to get rain first. So far nothing is happening out there. Oops....nothing was happening 5 mins ago....now it's drizzling rain with snow coming down too. I usually go to 5:00pm Mass, but I'll just have to wait and see what it's like out there. It might be really messy by then and if it is, I'll stay home. Too many people don't know how to drive if it's messy.

KUTGW my fellow losers.
I had a 0.6 bounce UP this morning that I did NOT "earn." I hate undeserved bounces....and I get them quite often.

Last edited by Parisfox; 02-20-2014 at 05:53 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 07:23 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyBoBatty View Post
I'm procrastinating like usual.

I'm still on plan, couple of more pounds lost, just dealin' with a Sinus Cold from Hell and TOM. I had some watermelon slices over the weekend, didn't get kicked out of the Ketosis, which blew my mind since I knew TOM was coming shortly and I was going to be driven mad with the need for something sweet. Then I bought a bag of Russell Stover's Pecan Delights...my intestines are going to be rebellin' the next two days. :-X

Hope you ladies are doing great!
Ugh, you too huh? I was down with some horrid virus for a couple weeks and then it turned into a sinus thing from heck.. Feel better soon! Good job keeping up with the losses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
Oh man, I'm sorry so many of you are sick! Not much going on in my neck of the woods, but I wanted to pop in and say I haven't vanished!
Can I just say, I love your name! We nearly named our first daughter Lauren, but when she was born we looked at her and thought, she doesn't *look* like a Lauren You look like a Lauren, adorable and fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
Just popping in to say I haven't vanished either. Rain mixed with snow turning to heavy snow with 3 - 6 inches expected for today and then "maybe" more snow tomorrow. Sounds like it will be a mess. Glad I'm retired so I don't have to go out if it's too bad. I don't mind snow, but I'll stay home if it's ice instead which is a definite possibility since we are going to get rain first. So far nothing is happening out there. Oops....nothing was happening 5 mins ago....now it's drizzling rain with snow coming down too. I usually go to 5:00pm Mass, but I'll just have to wait and see what it's like out there. It might be really messy by then and if it is, I'll stay home. Too many people don't know how to drive if it's messy.

KUTGW my fellow losers.
I had a 0.6 bounce UP this morning that I did NOT "earn." I hate undeserved bounces....and I get them quite often.
Stay safe in that crazy weather!! I hate when the scale fluctuates for no reason, I'm so sorry! Just keep keeping on, you got this!!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

hi everyone... hate to say it but our weather today will be in the high 60's... was that way also yesterday... and we will get rain tomorrow.... sorry that some of ya are still getting snow ..... I know how that is...... hope y'all weather gets better soon.... and that everyone starts feeling better..

did my water aerobics early this morning.. now have to do my walking tape... still at the same weight for the past four days so I know that I will have to up my exercise... have been eating pretty clean......
Old 02-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Aww, thanks, Danielle!! My mom was going to name me Francis originally, but my dad hated it, so she let him name me.

Guys!! Today I'm at 233, which is not only a new low for me, but means that I've lost 20 pounds since 12/31! I've been weird-dancing all morning.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
I hope everyone made it through all these bad storms okay. We were hit pretty hard early this morning and lost power for a bit, but luckily it came back before 5am.

It has been a horrid week and I sometimes wish I wasn't a homeowner and could just run away. I'm hoping to get some rest this weekend and hopefully feel better mentally. Luckily, my eating hasn't suffered. I have been exercising like a beast, too.

I can't remember where I was when I last posted, but today: 226. Down 22.4 since the holidays.

Have a great weekend!
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Danielle....I will "definitely" keep at it.
If I gave up, I'd weigh 400 lbs in no time. I figure....

Quote:
Guys!! Today I'm at 233, which is not only a new low for me, but means that I've lost 20 pounds since 12/31! I've been weird-dancing all morning.
Bubbly... GREAT job!!

The snow we got is all melted!! So far no flooding, although where I live, that won't happen unless the entire state flooded. Not gonna happen....at least I hope not.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
hi everyone... hate to say it but our weather today will be in the high 60's... was that way also yesterday... and we will get rain tomorrow.... sorry that some of ya are still getting snow ..... I know how that is...... hope y'all weather gets better soon.... and that everyone starts feeling better..

did my water aerobics early this morning.. now have to do my walking tape... still at the same weight for the past four days so I know that I will have to up my exercise... have been eating pretty clean......
We've got stellar weather here too...although, I'd trade with you, Diana! We've got low 80's with a slight breeze..
Hang in there, the weight has no choice but to leave if you just keep going!

Quote:
Aww, thanks, Danielle!! My mom was going to name me Francis originally, but my dad hated it, so she let him name me.

Daddy's got great taste! Major congrat's on the new low!!!! Weird dance away, girlfriend!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalN2014 View Post
I hope everyone made it through all these bad storms okay. We were hit pretty hard early this morning and lost power for a bit, but luckily it came back before 5am.

It has been a horrid week and I sometimes wish I wasn't a homeowner and could just run away. I'm hoping to get some rest this weekend and hopefully feel better mentally. Luckily, my eating hasn't suffered. I have been exercising like a beast, too.

I can't remember where I was when I last posted, but today: 226. Down 22.4 since the holidays.

Have a great weekend!
G! Was wondering where you wandered off to, glad to see you today.
Stay safe in the crazy weather, and thank goodness for power. Proud of you for keeping up with your program despite all of the ickiness of the week WTG on the weight loss!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
Thanks, Danielle....I will "definitely" keep at it.
If I gave up, I'd weigh 400 lbs in no time. I figure....

Bubbly... GREAT job!!

The snow we got is all melted!! So far no flooding, although where I live, that won't happen unless the entire state flooded. Not gonna happen....at least I hope not.
Oh, I'm positive I'd be that big too! Feels good not to give up on yourself, huh? I think knowing that little piece about myself makes me happier than anything else. Crossing my fingers for no flooding!
----------------------

New low this morning! Phew! Was starting to sweat it alittle bit there for a second. Definitely reflects how I've been feeling, yesterday was a great day with no signs of sickness. Was really hoping to eek out of the 220's by the end of February.... I dunno that I'm gonna make it, but I think I can get close?!

Happy weekend, ladies!!!!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

lauren - on getting to 233... wow that number sounds great... sure want to reach that one.... you are doing great.. keep it up girl.... I also love your name... so pretty...

goal - down 22.4 pounds... so proud of ya... keep it up..

Danielle - and you are at a new low... wow y'all are doing so great...

no I have to get on the stick.... y'all make me want to lose right along with ya... hope that I kick this darn stall.... have to up my exercise ... have only 12 more weeks until Michigan..... know that if I work hard I could do great damage in three months... if I only keep on track... but y'all doing so well... it will spur me on.....

love ya all.. have a great weekend
Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Thanks so much Danielle and Diana!

Danielle: on the new low! I hope to be right behind you out of the 20's, but it will probably take me at least another month or so. I'm okay with that though because my neck is taking a beating after the holiday yo-yo.

Diana: I have a feeling things are going to start moving for you today, I just know it. Hang in there!

Have a great day!
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

goal - thanks - for this week going to try something different..... going to have a regular breakfast... eggs, bacon, and sometimes sausage and hot tea.
but then today I am making a huge pot of turkey meat and veggies... and I am going to have just one bowl at lunch and one bowl for dinner with one cheese crisp... and see if that can jump start me......and I will eat this until the soup is gone..... maybe a week... will see how long the soup lasts...

I love soup and I have lost a lot before by doing this...... will just have to watch my sugar numbers.... for sometimes I drop really low...

got up early this morning at 1am so my little fur-kid could got outside and I felt that feeling.... like oh oh... need to check my sugar... and yes, it was 64 really low for me... so had some orange candies that I keep because they are pure sugar.... and felt better a tad later...... so hard to try to lose weight and manage my sugar

but today I was down 1.1 lb... so maybe it will start moving down now....finally..plus I did my walking tape yesterday... and I was NOT huffing and puffing when I got done

hope that everyone has a good weekend.....
Old 02-23-2014, 07:15 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Hi everyone, I would like to join the group .. started here 10 days ago, feel so much better, and lost 6 pounds. Based on past weight and food issue history of starting off terrific and ending horrific, since coming to this forum I realize how important a support structure is.. thanks !
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diana....I love soup too. I make a really good one with Hamburger and veggies. I brown the hamburger and use chicken stock or beef stock for the base...then just throw in a lot of fresh or even frozen LC veggies. Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, (a little onion), yellow summer squash, zucchinni....you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
Hi everyone, I would like to join the group .. started here 10 days ago, feel so much better, and lost 6 pounds. Based on past weight and food issue history of starting off terrific and ending horrific, since coming to this forum I realize how important a support structure is.. thanks !
...Joanne...Good to have you here. Support is SO important.

You guys are all doing a great job. KUTGW....

I did something fun after church this morning. I "love" Girl Scout Cookies and definitely like to support the kids in their efforts. They were selling them after church and I really wanted to help them out and buy some. I told them I would buy 4 boxes on the condition that they would give them to the Pastor and tell him they were for the priests. That made them happy, made me happy, and undoubtedly made my butt happy since I didn't bring any home.