Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
This Super Bowl weekend was a bit of a letdown for me. I had been doing so well for 3 weeks and !

Started on Friday night, was late to make dinner so I made synchronizadas which are like quesadillas but with two corn tortillas, ham and cheese for the fambam. I ate one.

Saturday, I worked the snack bar for a funeral fundraiser at the local park and ended up eating two hot dogs with mustard and 3 brownie bites.

Sunday, I had already expected it being a total cheat day because of all the munchies I made for Super Bowl, but the good thing was that I didn't overindulge. I actually had portion control over it all, bad part was that it was stuff like nachos, corn dog muffins, Doritos, dips and the like.

This entire weekend has kicked my butt out of Ketosis. Now I need to get back on track and it'll be atleast 4 days til I get back on Ketosis. Hopefully gettin' the Super Bowl out of the way will keep me on track until the next holiday of "dirty" foods, probably St. Patrick's Day.

Hope all you ladies survived Super Bowl weekend better than I did. See you all tomorrow. Good night, mi amigas!
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
FBB -I was down to 232 then I had a cup of rice one day, then i ate nachos twice in one day. It wasnt as good as I remembered but the cravings came back. From those 2 days I shot up to 237. I JUST now shedding all that salt and water and am at 233.8 today. When I'm below 232 then I'll know I am back on track.

Other than that I have 2 midterm exams this week. That's gonna be something. We'll see how it goes.

Nothing else been going on. My car broke down so i've been busing it. Its so cold the car wont start actually and I cant seem to find anybody to give me a jump. Oh well. I'll just save some money on gas while I wait for it to warm up a bit and the big snow drift the car has accumulated to melt away. lol

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/264/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Can you let a screwup participate? Started so well January 1st and have lost my way. So ashamed of myself.
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Sk8termom. No one is perfect. I've had my screw up this week and I had vowed not to quit because I hate starting over and here I am. I had a 2 day carb binge. Not as fun as I thought it would be. But thats in the past. Full steam ahead.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Sk8, don't beat yourself up! Stuff happens. Just be kind to yourself and get back on the horse, that's all that matters. We all mess up now and then.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Anyone who doesn't "ever" mess up is either a saint or they are dead!!

The most important thing is to get back on your plan and go full steam ahead. We "can" do this. We WILL do this. Don't let a set-back turn into a full derailment.

We caught the edge of the last storm (yesterday) and got 3.5 inches. We need the moisture, but could do without the COLD temps. Today's high...8*. It's just 2* right now with a 25 BELOW wind chill.
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

8*! Ouch!! I could not deal... I barely survive SC winters which are very mild, but I'm a FL transplant so it took some adjusting on my part even so. For one thing, buying a jacket... LOL. I think 8* would just do me in.

I'm super excited today because I reached a new low! 238.4. All smiles all day! I'm getting my hair done later and I feel like I've earned the pampering. Woohoo!

How's the week going for you ladies?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Hello ladies!

Sk8.... we ALL mess up! This isn't about perfection, but more about growth and learning along the way. Post often and keep yourself accountable. This group is amazing!

Ok, all I have to say is wowzers to The Biggest Loser finale last night. Absolutely astounded at the results, and not in a good way. I also saw several FB/Twitter posts (which have since been deleted!) from past alumni expressing their discomfort with how things played out as well. Man o man.....

So, I finally get back to feeling better, the scale is moving down...aannnnnndddd I wake up with a major sore throat.

Have a great day everyone!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
I hope you guys can welcome back someone who lost their way and gained. At my lowest I was 155 half my weight. I am 205 right now and not happy but working on it. I need a great place to come and get it out in stead of putting it in my mouth.

I have a birthday next month and would like to have 10 pounds off by then. Also planning a much need vacation in Florida for next month. I need the warmth.

I follow a pretty strict weight loss clinic diet and yes it does work if you work it.

It's all about me for a change!
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Good evening, Amigas!

Welcome to the new returnees! I myself felt guilt at falling off the Atkins "wagon" over the weekend. It just didn't seem worth it really. Back on track with a trace of Ketosis and should be back in the purple by Friday.

My husband and mother have both told me that my rear end and "wings" seem to be shrinking, so I'm takin' that as a total push in the right direction of keeping to Atkins as long as it takes to get me back to half my size, which I haven't been in 20 years.

I didn't watch The Biggest Loser but I did see some clips of it on TMZ/Dish Nation. I was shocked along with everyone else at how the winner looked like a toothpick. Per Wendy Williams this morning, the camera adds an extra 20lbs to a person's frame. If that is true, then that winner is a skeleton!

I think if we keep at it, with support from each other, we can make 2014 our very own Biggest Loser year, except at healthy weights.

Let's make it happen, ladies!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:27 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

....Tania. Good to have you here.

I don't normally watch The Biggest Loser, although I do sometimes. Now I wish I had watched last night. Maybe I can find it online. Sounds unreal.

Had a bad day yesterday. It showed up on the scale this morning and I'm sure more is to come tomorrow. This cold weather is really getting to me. When I got up this morning it was 7* BELOW zero. I am SO ready for Spring!!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Morning all! After maintaining for four days, the scale finally moved down 2 more lbs. Hopefully it will stick for tomorrow's official weigh in. I have been doing great on the exercise, but this wind is killing me so I'm going to dust off the exercise bike today.

BoBatty, Good for you having portion control! I ate too much cheese for the game. The sad thing is that I planned all these low carb treats and felt like I had to eat every bite. 4 ounces of cheese crisps!!! ugh We will be strong until the next Treat Day! Great about the family comments!

Shay, I'm sure you'll be back to 232 in no time! Once you've seen the number, it seems to be easier to get back to it if you don't stay off track too long. Sorry about your car issues!

Welcome Sk8termom! Not giving up definitely does not make you a screwup! IT is the life lessons that matter in the long run.

Judy, yay for the moisture, boo for the temps! I must be getting old because I seem to get cold more lately even at milder temps. I have really been wimpy with the weather this year.

BubblyRen, congrats on the new low!

Danielle, so sorry to hear about your sore throat. Hope you feel better!!! You have had a rough couple of weeks!

Welcome Bdladie! Sounds like you have a good plan!

Have a fantastic day!
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Tania~ Welcome!!

FBB~ yay for shrinking! I love it...."wings" Keep on going chica, it's paying off!!
I know when I saw Rachel come out for the finale, my initial reaction was fear. She looked so frail and not fit. Let's hope she'll regain some weight and get to a healthy place!

Judy~ I believe on nbc you can watch entire episodes, or perhaps youtube.. It was a definite shock to see this poor girl.. you could tell everyone was having a very hard time being happy for her.
Hang in there, the extra weight will disappear with a few days of good clean eating!

G~ Nice work chicky!!! Yep, it's always like this for me...one thing after another Feeling horrible today, but hoping this thing passes quickly!

Shay~ hang in there honey!

Ren~ how are ya, doll?

Me~ working at getting rid of this dang cold Laying low today and not trying to overdo anything...maybe killing it with kindness will do the trick?
Hit a new low this morning for my official weigh in--223.8 Down 2.4 for the week. I'll take it!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Kicked myself out of Ketosis and not sure how. For some reason I can't tell the difference between Diet Coke and Regular Coke so I'm thinking when I went to the Wok place and got a beef stir fry, the gal gave me a Coke. It's the only thing that I can think of. Still keepin' on, just wish I had more patience in the losing part.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
would like to join....... I had lost 30 pounds since Sept.... but then in Dec and Jan... I messed up.... (my parents have passed on and Mama's b'day is Dec 2 and Dad's is Christmas Eve... and missing my family in Michigan) so I ate comfort foods... all the wrong foods for me

am a diabetic and want to get off my meds... and I planning to go to Michigan in May to see my grandbabies... so I want to lose as much as I can..... so back on track.... the worse thing is that I have to lose the weight I gained back in Dec and Jan... but I am on a roll now...

have lost most the pounds I re-gained... so I would like to lose 10 more pounds by the end of this month.... am trying hard... eating clean... and doing one hour of water aerobics in the morning... and have started my Leslie Sansone walking tape... love her... and it is a heck of a good workout for me....

so that is my story........

Lauren - where are you in SC.. I am in Pawleys Island SC..... been here for 14 years... and love it.. love the beach.... and the better winter weather, tho right now it is a tad cold

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Hey all! I'm doing good today-- TGIF!!

Welcome, Diana! I live in the Upstate, in the Greenville area. I moved up here from FL to go to Furman, but I met my husband and stayed put after I graduated. I love it here in SC, but I do miss that tropical climate haha!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diana.... It's good to see a new face. Sorry for your loss. Was it recent? I've lost both my parents too, both my brothers, and my oldest son. It's been a number of years since all of that and we never really get over it, but it "does" get easier with time.

Be proud of yourself for starting anew. Just think how proud of you your parents will be when you have reached your goal (and along the journey to that goal).
Old 02-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks for the welcome..... and I lost my parents a while ago.... but we were just so close and I miss them everyday..... and I know it gets easier as time goes by.... but during Dec.... it just brings back wonderful memories of all the holiday dinners etc..... and now most of my aunts and uncles are gone
just sad.... but then I get through it....

so went to HC and did 50 min of water aerobics... and I soon will do my walking tape.....

eating really clean right now.... planning my meals and writing everything down... and not eating after 7pm... that really is a big thing for me - for I have always been a night eater and that is not good...

hope that everyone has a great weekend....
Old 02-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Good morning.

(((pawleys))) I'm sorry for your loss. Holidays are the hardest when we have lost someone we love.

I am down 1 lb. Not too great for 8 days but I'll take it. No exercise as of yet. My gym membership expires on the 14th. I am trying to decide if I will renew it or if I should just start water aerobics again.

Congratulations to all you losers!
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well on this fine day! I lost over 3 lbs this week so the scale has been good to me. I'm up about a half a lb though since Friday. Not sure if it is sodium or carbs or hormones. IDK? I did have some popcorn Fri night and a serving of turkey pepperoni chips last night, but stayed well within my calorie range. I made some healthy changes though. Upped my exercise and no coffee for the last 3 days. I am giving tea a go (with Splenda). I had just a tad left of the coffee so am having the last of it right now and packing up my coffee pot.
TMI? Can we discuss bra cups? I have lost almost 50 lbs, but am still wearing an H cup. I hate it! I have lost several inches in the band size, but the cups still runneth over if I move down to a G. WTH! I just had my mammo and they had to take THREE shots to get them all in just the flat shots. Aren't we supposed to be losing our boobs??? I would love to be a C cup... And for reference, I have been a DD since I hit puberty and weighed <145 up to around 260, but my cups were never this big except when I was pregnant and until I got into my 40's. I bet 20 of my lbs are in boobage. Sorry, but I had to get that off my chest.

Danielle: Hope your feeling better!!! Congrats on the new low! Awesome!!!

BoBatty: I hear you on the patience! It can be so tough. I seem to go through the no-matter-what-I-do-the-scale-is-going-up thing about twice a month. Hang in there!!!

Diana, welcome!!! December was not a good month for me either and it took me most of January to get the gain off. I'm sure with your attitude, you will make all your goals!!! The water aerobics sound wonderful. I have Lumbar DDD (degenerative discs) so that would probably be less painful than what I do daily. I have a couple of Leslie's, too!

BubblyRen, yay for doing good!!! I just went through Greenville from Asheville last month. Lovely area!

Judy, hope your weather is better!

Jazlyn, congrats on going down a lb! That is a healthy loss!!!

Have a fantastic week!!!

Last edited by Easily Amused; 02-09-2014 at 08:38 AM..
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lookatmenow
Stats: 290/280/150
Start Date: January 14, 2014
Wow so excited!

I'm really knew to message boards and relatively new to LC so I was thrilled to find this group.

I too fell off the wagon, 3 great weeks, then last week was blown with the idea of one cheat day... I envy those that can have a cheat day and get back on. I think cheating is just not in my cards. Seems that is the reason Atkins works for me. You either do it, or you don't. You're either in Ketosis or you're not.

Well, started back this morning and yes, I'm exhausted from not being in ketosis and dealing with carb hangover, but so excited to have found this group for support and excitement. You're all doing well, and supporting each other when its hard. I have a long way to go, but know that WE CAN DO THIS!

Thanks for creating this group! It's wonderful!
lookatmenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday Everyone.

Just getting over a tiring weekend. The in laws came over last Saturday and wanted to take us out to supper. I didnt do as bad as I could have. I ordered cajun shrimp with asian greens and it came with about 1/2 c. rice. So I just ate it. It made me hold water but it seems that it usually takes me a couple of days to get bloat out of my system when i eat out.

Hopefully I'll get a new low this month. We shall see. I just wanted to pop in really quick to say good morning. I have to get ready for school, so I'll swing back by tonight after I get home.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome lookatmenow!

I am down 1.5 lbs since Saturday. I will take it!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

goal - wow down 3 pounds.. WTG and doing more exercise I am sure will help you

Lookatme and yes cheating even one day can hurt ya... I should know glad you are here with us

shay - I will keep my fingers crossed that you hit a new low... I am looking for that myself...

jazlyn - on being down 1.5 pounds.... good deal

yesterday was a cheat day for me went with three friends for lunch... and had a decent lunch but had Key Lime pie... (I know bad...) the last time I had that was about 6 months ago..... then we went to Traders Joes for the first time... really did not buy much there... it was mostly carbs... but I did pick up a jar of coconut oil - never have tried that... am excited to cook with it.
then we went to Whole Foods.. wow love that store.... it was huge and had some great stuff.... good thing that store is about one hour away or I would spent a lot of $$$$ ... but we had a great time....

so today back on track... did my water aerobics early this morning and will do my walking tape this afternoon.......

hope everyone has a great day... love ya
Old 02-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm alive!

Back amongst the living after being super sick for days....

Lots to catch up on here!

Diana, glad you're here!

BBL after I catch up on what everyone's been up to.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Diana- Don't miss Michigan right now we would like to give it away! So tired of all the snow and not being able to get outside. I would rather come visit you! I love SC.

Jazlyn my friend!! You and I have been at this along time. I hope you remember me from our old group. There are a few people from back then I really wonder how they are doing.

Well weight loss clinic weigh in yesterday and in 4 weeks back on plan I am down 14.5 pounds. I will take every ounce of that!! Now is the hard part when it slows down. Insulin resistance sucks for this reason alone. I can eat amazing and exercise and still have problems with losing.

I am baking dozens of cookies tonight for the dorms here at work since Friday is Valentine's Day. I guess it is a small way to cheer them up. I will not be tasting any of them since I have a goal of 10 pounds by March 13th. I hope I can do it.

Have great on plan day everyone.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Tania - wow - down 14.5 pounds that is great.....and you will make your goal..... and that would be super hard not to eat the cookies your making.

Danielle - sorry that you have been sick.. glad that your are feeling better.... take care

it is 34 degrees here right now... this is NOT SC weather but good news it that they think that - that the ice storm will miss us... sure hope so... we had a small ice storm a few weeks ago... I did not leave my home for two days... so way I was going out on those icy roads.... down here we just have the sun to melt the snow and ice.... no salt or sand trucks here (tho we do have the sand) :O just wish that this mess of a winter would end... my son's are just sooo tired of all the cold weather and snow.....

everyone have a great evening... and stay warm....
Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been on and off plan so I have been bouncing.....mostly UP!!

I am back on plan now and am determined to stay there.

Can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

I'm excited. I dipped down to 229.8 today. I know it will probably take a few days to be firmly in the new decade but I was like YEAH! lol

Its slow going but its going.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Tania! I do remember you. You are doing great.

My weight has stayed the same. I think. It's hard for me to remember all of the 10ths. I need to start writing it down along with what I eat.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!