Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/228/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Dec. 9, 2013
FBB - I'm not craving the sweets anymore. I've been trying to avoid them like the plague because I would just put something sweet in my mouth without even thinking. Now since I have kicked the artificial sweetners I'm leary of anything that tastes sweet because I fear it will bring the cravings back.

Judy - I'll have to try that mantra although I am not fighting the sweet tooth right now. But next time I am confronted with it I guess "antifreeze" will pop in my mind along with "poison, poison, poison!" LOL

GoalN2014 - You are in charge! Keep that in mind. With that mindset I'm sure you'll reach your goal. Also, I have bought 3 Leslie Sansone walking DVDs since the weather outside is absolutely horrid. However, I havent popped one in the DVD yet. Small steps. Small steps. LOL

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
.......Where is everybody???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
FBB Judy - I'll have to try that mantra although I am not fighting the sweet tooth right now. But next time I am confronted with it I guess "antifreeze" will pop in my mind along with "poison, poison, poison!" LOL
I used to say it in the grocery or at a restaurant even if it was something that didn't tempt me. Just whenever I saw carbage....If it weren't for eating out, I wouldn't be overweight. Since I live alone I can keep that crap out of my house.....at least most of the time. I'm not say I "never" bring anything home that I shouldn't eat, or I wouldn't be overweight....but when I do, I get just one meal portions of "crap." If I REALLY want some ice cream, for instance, instead of buying a regular container I either go to DQ and get a serving or better yet, get one of the $1 tiny containers at Walmart. If I had a regular size container in the house, it would be gone before I knew it. It may be more expensive this way, but I figure "if it ain't in the house, I can't eat it."

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/221/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hey, I'm here! I've been sick since Monday so I've just been lurking mopily, hahaha. But I've managed to miraculously stay on plan despite feeling crummy, so there's that! Hope you guys are having a good week!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:38 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

...I hope everyone is OK. It's really cold here. Got down to 7* BELOW zero last night. When I got up this morning....the wind chill was 35* BELOW zero!! That's COLD!!

Ren...Sorry you haven't been feeling good.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm here... just trying to recover. Yep, I fell down a flight of stairs. It's been a loooooong last few days

Ren, I hope you get to feeling better soon

I'm sorry for all those that are dealing with super cold temps.. Stay safe & warm!!

Am just getting mobile again so back to the land of the living... Diet wise I'm not doing "too" badly, just not losing anything I'll just be glad when this week is over and the pain is gone!

BBL I have lots to read here to catch up! Make today a great day, ladies!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone isn't giving up on this thread. I really enjoy it and hope you guys will return.

Danielle.... Hope the pain is diminishing and you are all better soon.

We are having a "temporary" warmup. It was 15* for a high yesterday, today is supposed to be 49*. I know Nebraska has rollercoaster weather, but this year is ridiculous. And we haven't had hardly any snow. The one snowstorm we had didn't stick around very long and we haven't had any since. The farmers will undoubtedly be in trouble this year unless we either get some snow or some rain early in the Spring.

I'm going to a play on Sunday with my neighbor from my old apartment complex. It's called "10 Little Indians." It was originally an Agatha Christie Mystery. Sounds like it might be good.

Have a great day....and KUTGW!!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Hi everyone! I have been dealing with family drama and had to run out of town for a couple of days. I drove about 1400 miles in 2 days and missed about 3 days of sleep so I am just now recovering. I'm still trucking along and actually did pretty well on my eating being away from home. I have gotten in a bunch of exercise on the days I wasn't traveling and am down 3 lbs this week so yay! Nice change from last week's no change. H&ll must be freezing over. We have had some sleet today.

Judy, good for you drinking tea when there was wine around. That took willpower! Oh, and I have found an exercise that I can hold my tablet, actually read it, and it does pass the time. Semi-Recumbent biking. I just have a cheap one (less than $100) and it tracks everything including heart rate. I use that as my backup exercise when I can't get outside. I can also use my lumbar pillow and it is about the only exercise that I can do that doesn't hurt my back. And it makes my legs look marvy!

Shay, I am glad you dodged the sick bullet! I understand the urge to change things up on our food lists. I started the month gung ho after adding too many carbs in December, but after awhile I get sick of chicken and the occasional ground chuck. Last week I bought some boneless pork chops on sale and baked them with Parm. It has been a nice change. I feel like I am cheating.

BoBatty, way to go on the drop of weight this week!

BubblyRen, I hope you feel better soon!

Danielle, OMG! I'm so sorry to hear about you falling down a flight of stairs. I missed ONE step once and broke several bones in both feet that still bother me so I can't even imagine. I hope you recover quickly!

I hope everyone feels better and stays warm!

Last edited by Easily Amused; 01-24-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Thanks! Couple more days and I'll get to weigh in again and begin my 4th week. I kind of feel "sucked in" this week, if you understand what I mean? At my size, I'm wearing 20-22W/3XL sized clothes and for some reason, I feel like my waist shrunk. Can't wait to take some measurements on Sunday. Hope everyone else is doing great! Thanks for all your support and answering my (at times TMI) questions.
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/228/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Dec. 9, 2013
Well I didnt dodge the sick bullet. It was just incubating I guess. Now I have it. I've been in bed all day. Just too tired to do anything, which isnt good since I have an assignment due on Monday.

My tummy was also upset so I didnt each much today but I just wanted some carbs today. When I'm sick soup with crackers was my thing. I settled on some broth. I ate eggs and ham with pepperoni sticks for supper. I thought my tummy was going to hurt its way out. LOL. Bad idea. I was hungry though and thought it would be better than crackers.

I feel like a weirdo. I dont want to take cold medicine because I dont want sugars. I know I should be thinking about getting better but I dont want to slow the weight loss either. Daft I know but that's what I've been thinking about today.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning....Nice to see some people back!!

Goal...Sorry about the family drama. Sounds like you don't live near them. That's a LOT of miles in such a short time. I hope you got things sorted out so you don't have to go back any time soon.

BoBatty...That's always a good feeling. I haven't changed sizes in a LONG time. I "refuse" to buy bigger ones...which does help keep me in check...now I just need to be more faithful to my WOE and get into smaller ones.

Shay...Sorry about that. Just concentrate on getting well. If soup and crackers are the answer for a couple of days, you can get right back on your plan as soon as you feel better.

I got new glasses and I'm not sure if they got them right, but I'm going to give them a few days and see if I "get used to them." I have had quite a few prescription changes and have NEVER had to "get used to" a pair before so I don't know what's going on. It has been several years since my last pair so maybe that's it and I "will" get used to them. Hope so. I did change where I got them. I used to get them at the Medical Center's Optical place when I worked there but they are pretty expensive. I went to Walmart. My son-in-law has gotten his there for several different scrips and has been happy every time so I thought I'd give it a shot. If they don't straighten out in a couple of days they are going back.

Have a good day and KUTGW!!

Last edited by Parisfox; 01-25-2014 at 06:45 AM..
Old 01-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Saturday All!

G~ I'm so sorry for the family drama, that can be really really tough sometimes! Good on you for staying in control and seeing some fabulous results!

FBB~ that's one of the beautiful things about low carb, your body shrinks and the inches seem to disappear it's amazing! I love that feeling!

Shay~ I'm so sorry you're sick! Take care of you and know that the plan will be there waiting when you're back to feeling like yourself! I believe there are many options now for sugar free meds, you should check it out. Feel better!

Judy~ ugh, there is nothing worse than being excited for new eye rx's and then getting them and feeling "off"... my last pair were like that and it was the pits.. getting ready to go for new ones in the next month or so, I cannot wait! I hope you get used to yours and they don't need to go back!

Me~ Still handicapped over here I had some serious pain yesterday, I swear it feels like I broke my rear-end I'm frustrated because I was just getting into the swing of things with exercise, had a few great weeks of some consistency... anyone who knows me knows that this was a huge stumbling block to overcome...and now, to be totally incapacitated...blurgh! On that note, I've been looking into some other forms of training and I'm considering doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution.. I love that it's a progressive program of 90 days..nothing too long or overwhelming. Still thinking on it, but I'm thinking I will probably go for it..... once I'm amongst the pain-free-human-race, that is.
Food wise, all is well. I'm pretty proud of this. After my fall I was amazed at how quickly the urge to comfort myself with food came on. I stayed aware of my feelings and kept it all in check. I'm thankful for this!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Morning Lovely Ladies!

BoBatty, yay for the shrinking waist! What a great feeling!!! I hope your measurements go well. I measure again on the 1st.

Shay, so sorry that you didn't dodge the sick bullet afterall! Bummer! I hope you get to feeling better. You might be able to find some sugar free cold medicine to get you through, but when you are sick, you do what you gotta.

Judy, I hope you get your glasses sorted out. I started needing them for reading a few years ago and it seems like they get a little worse each year. You are right that they are so expensive especially when you have to keep changing them. I ended up buying a 4 pack of readers from Sam's Club last year just to get me by until I can get back to the Dr.

Danielle, Hopefully your pain level will get better! You might have cracked your tailbone. That actually happened to one of my cousins. Yay for keeping those comfort food feeling in check! The Jillian Michaels sounds great. I'll have to check it out. I have a Bob Harper, but it is too tough for me.

Sending lots of positive and/or healing energy to everyone!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:11 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys! I'm finalllyyyyy feeling better today. All I can say is HALLELUJAH for antibiotics, hahaha.

FBB-- woohoo!! I love new clothes. A little too much.

Shay-- uck!! I'm sorry! I know what you mean. I didn't want to use any cough drops when I was sick until I could lay hands on some SF ones.

Judy-- sorry your new prescription seems a little wompy. That happens to me everytime I change glasses, so hopefully you'll adjust to them.

Danielle-- Tailbone injuries are the WORST. I used to do gymnastics many moons ago, and I bruised mine several times. You don't realize how much damage that one little bone can do to you until it hurts! Hope you're feeling 100% soon.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:06 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the love, ladies! I'm slowly beginning to feel alittle better... it's been a slow and long process. I am not a patient person

Ren, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

Goal, I have Bob's yoga warrior dvd...holy smokes, that man is trying to kill me! My DD loves to do that one, along with Jillian's yoga dvd.. So jealous she makes it look so easy!

Shay, hope you're feeling better!!!

Judy, how are the glasses working out?

FBB, how's it going?

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle....Glad the results from the fall are getting better. I hope you didn't fracture your tailbone. My son did years ago and it still bothers him.

I took the glasses back and got a refund. Now I have to decide what to do. That's one thing I like about Walmart. If something isn't right they are gracious about refunds. I took in my prescription that I got from my eye doc when I got the glasses. When I went there today to return them, she did suggest that I return to my doc to make sure the prescription is correct. I told her that I got the prescription from the chairman of the eye surgery department at the Medical Center and when he tested me, everything was perfectly clear so I know it's not the prescription. So....got my money back. I wouldn't wear them even if I couldn't have gotten a refund. They are that bad.

I didn't go to the same Walmart that my SIL went to because there's another one closer to where I live. Maybe I'll give the one he went to a try. Not sure yet.

Have a good day and if you live where it's cold, keep warm. If you live where it's warm....be glad....and think of me. Yesterday our high was in the mid-50s. Today's high is the current 10*.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
I still get cravings for sweets. Hasn't stopped no matter how much I try. I end up having 2-5 sugar free candies at night or a sugar free pop. I did go down a couple more pounds, so that's a good thing. I'll get to measure on the 2nd of February, so I'm hoping at least an inch or two have been lost. Still having trouble with getting motivated to exercise. I have been walking more lately, but need to do at least 30 straight minutes of it. I haven't had a tortilla or slice of bread in 3 weeks. I sure do miss tacos!
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:14 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

FBB, me too... but I'm finding it happens a lot less often than it used to, so I'm hoping with more time it lessens even more. I do daydream about desserts sometimes though haha. I've been cruising around the LC recipes for desserts but haven't pulled the trigger on attempting anything yet. I can follow a recipe but that's about the extent of my kitchen prowess! I'm trying to get better though.

Feeling a little down in the dumps today... my weight creeped up a little bit for some reason. I think it's just because I've been sick and now I'm starting to get better, and I'm still taking antibiotics for the next four days. Isn't it silly how that can mess with your head, even when you know it's not a true gain? Ugh.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone. We usually get sleet once every 20 years and now, twice in a few days. :crazy: Supposedly we are actually going to get a couple inches of snow. So bizarre. Anyway, we have lots of trees around power lines that aren't used to the weight so I'm not sure if I will have power in a couple of hours. I wanted to check in with you guys before I lose connection to the outside world. I technology. And feel lost without it. Anyhoo...

BubblyRen, glad to hear you are feeling better physically. I wish they could make antibiotics that cured the ills, but didn't make us feel so rotten in the process. I know you will be glad to finish them.

Danielle, glad to hear you are also feeling better. I am not patient either, but we are tough, right!!! That reminds me that I bought a yoga book last year and barely cracked it before throwing it in the bookcase. I think it would really help my back if I could find some good stretches to do daily. Mental note to get back into it.

Judy, Sounds like you are REALLY feeling the cold up there. Everyone up north makes fun of us because the whole area closes down for 2 days with the mention of "wintry mix". It is just not something we are used to and the rednecks here drive crazy enough on a good day. Stay warm hun!

BoBatty, congrats on the departure of more lbs! That is so great!

Take care everyone!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyBoBatty View Post
I still get cravings for sweets. Hasn't stopped no matter how much I try. I end up having 2-5 sugar free candies at night or a sugar free pop. I did go down a couple more pounds, so that's a good thing. I'll get to measure on the 2nd of February, so I'm hoping at least an inch or two have been lost. Still having trouble with getting motivated to exercise. I have been walking more lately, but need to do at least 30 straight minutes of it. I haven't had a tortilla or slice of bread in 3 weeks. I sure do miss tacos!
BoBatty....If you continue eating the sugar free treats you will never get over the addiction. They fool your brain into thinking you are eating sugar and that keeps the addiction going.

Ren....Being sick can cause fluid retention and that will register as a gain. Hang in there, that will fly off once you are well and on plan if you haven't been. I never worry about staying on plan when I'm sick, but luckily I'm not sick that often. When I am, toast or chicken soup (with crackers) is about the only thing that stays down.

Goal....We are definitely having cold temps here....but so far no snow since that one time earlier. We haven't had ANY snow in 2014 so far. I don't mind, but we do need the moisture. Oh, well....what will be, will be. I hope you don't lose power. I hate when that happens.

Last edited by Parisfox; 01-28-2014 at 07:23 AM..
Old 01-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey gang!

Judy~ Lordy, I hope I didn't fracture it! Altho' today I'm doing a little better so praying I turned a small corner there. Bummer about the glasses, but super glad you had no problem returning them.

FBB~ great job on the loss! I wouldn't think too negatively about the formal exercise. Making it a point to get extra steps in wherever you can is a huge step in the right direction. The rest will come in time. You're doing great! As for the cravings, if you can, try and muscle through a couple days. I find that if I can get through at least a couple days without anything the cravings usually go away...it's when I add something back in is when I start to wrestle with those urges.. I know it's hard, but the relief from not feeling dragged under by that urge is a relief in the end!

Ren~ I know it's hard (and I really need to take a page out of my own book :rolleyes) but be kind to yourself. You're on meds, you've been sick....all of this is going to create some water to build up somewhere. It will all be ok in the end, just stay the course!

G~ stay safe, that's some crazy stuff!! Are you sure we aren't sharing the rednecks? Crazy stuff happens here all the time with drivers on the road...scary! Right now we've got the "snowbirds"...and they all drive like they're on a sight-seeing mission...mosey'ing along...drives me NUTS!!!

I am going to try cleaning up my food and see if this gets me a new low some time this week... I've noticed I've gotten kinda complacent with some things which I think is affecting my losses. Going to implement some new recipes in the mix and see if that shakes it up, too... Boredom is a dangerous thing sometimes! I am really wanting to exercise (yes, hell just froze over :hyst) and I'm bummed that I can't move enough to do it.. I have held off on getting the Jillian program until I know I'm ready to truly begin.. I can't wait though!

Weather is gorgeous here this week---however, we also have major tourism going on...PGA golf tournament here and we just happen to live literally within less than half a mile from all the chaos... so there are people and cars everywhere... Just got rid of the crowd from Barrett Jackson car show, and now this... meh.

Have a great day lovey's!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Good morning

I need some support and this seems like a good place to start. I have gained 25 lbs in the last year or so. I just can't seem to get my mojo back. Today is the day!!
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
Good morning

I need some support and this seems like a good place to start. I have gained 25 lbs in the last year or so. I just can't seem to get my mojo back. Today is the day!!

It's Friday Eve, people!

Feeling TONS better the last few days, I am so grateful! I still have some achy times throughout the day but nothing like what I'd been dealing with.. turning a corner is such a relief, and a welcome one, at that!
The scale is finally ready to move in the right direction too, this tells me that my inflammation is on its way out!
Hit a new low for my official weigh in today---awesome way to end the month!

What's everyone up to?
Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jazlyn! Welcome!

Danielle-- YAY!! That's so great! Glad you are finally getting some relief. And woohoo on your new low!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Congrats Danielle!

Welcome Back Jazlyn !
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
Good morning

....Jazlyn....Good to have you aboard the loser's train.

Danielle...That's good news. Congrats on the loss too.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:43 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Thank you. Thank you. It's great to be back. I have to go out today in this crap weather to get some LC food. It will be worth it though.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, everyone. I was off plan yesterday and put back on 1.6 lbs. NOT a good thing. Will definitely be on plan today.

We finally got a little snow last night. I don't necessarily "like" or want snow, but the ground is so dry that we really need something. I'd rather have rain, but it's too cold to rain and snow is MUCH better than ice or freezing rain. The Northeast and the Southeast are REALLY getting it. We got just the very edge/tip of that storm.

I hope everyone has a good on-plan day.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I was finally able to leave the house yesterday. I got in 5 miles and then 4 more this morning. I was really getting cabin fever. Well, no menopause for me yet. After 3 weeks, TOM came on big time. It has been dreadful. I somehow managed to still lose 2.6 lbs this week, but I was really craving the salt. I got into the mixed nuts one night and made that my dinner but kept my calories in check. I wish they weren't so high in calories!!! I nuts! Anyway, the holiday gain is gone and I'm seeing some new numbers that I haven't seen in a lonnnnnng time! I'm excited to hopefully see all new numbers in February.

I bought some cream cheese for the first time in months yesterday and started making some low carb treats for the game tomorrow. I did 1/4 recipes so the total calories won't completely blow my day. I need to get some parchment paper. I guess there is no other alternative to make cheese crips turn out well in the micro??? No alcohol this year for Super Bowl Sunday. I am going to behave. The only nuts now in the house are unsalted sunflower kernels so this week should be less sodium. I'm trying to only drink alcohol once a month and I don't want to use that day so early on.

What do you all think of the Slow Carb plan or taking a treat day once a week? I just don't think I can eat extra carbs every week. I do bad enough losing the water weight by doing it once month. I think it might be a good alternative during the holidays though or special occasions. Even if I don't lose, maybe I won't gain 14 lbs like I did this past holiday...I know I am planning early, but I'm tired of telling myself every year that I won't gain, swim through T-Day and then go carb crazy in December.

Enough babbling...

Judy --- We all need a break on occasion. I'm sure the gain is just water and will be gone in a second!
Glad you got that moisture you wanted. Yep, they kept saying if our sleet/icy rain would have had more snow in it, we wouldn't have had such a nightmare. Unfortunately, we had the sleet/icy rain first then the snow came later after that 1-2 inches of ice foundation was laid and then the temps didn't get above freezing for a couple of days so the Deep Deep South was basically at a stand still for 3 days.

Danielle --- WTG on your new low! I hear you on the boredom. We have to mix things up to keep from de-railing at times. Great that you are feeling better! I hear you on the snow birds as we get our share each year, but rednecks + ice = about 1000 wrecks in 3 days in the immediate area. What a mess!!! I bet the auto insurance in the area is going up big time.

Jazlyn --- Welcome!!! You will get that mojo back! Good for you getting back into it after only 25 lbs.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the love ladies! Feels good to still be in control and going the right way.

Jazlyn ~ were you able to get out and find what you needed? It will all be so worth it in the end!

Judy~ the gain will be gone in a flash....just keep drinking that water, girly! Oh what I would give for some rain over here!! Looked like it was going to all day long---dark skies and cooler temps...but nada. We need it, bad!!! I dunno what I would do if I had to drive in snowy/icy weather

G~ I forget...are you walking or cycling? Sounds amazing! I'm sorry about TOM...ugh, I hate that witch! My cycles are getting crazy off track and weird..so frustrating and unnecessary...can't it just go away when we don't need it anymore?
Oh yeah, nuts... we can't keep macadamias or peanuts in the house..DH scarfs the mac's, and I can't stay out of the peanuts...
I've only ever been able to get the cheese crisps to work without the parchment.. man, I love those things!!!
I've not ever heard of Slow Carb? I'm not necessarily following a traditional lc plan so I do have a reward day every week---but it's written into my plan. For the first time ever, I'm actually able to abide by "the rules" and stick to it and not feel deprived.. I think it's because ideally I love the way I get to eat all week long so don't ever really feel deprived at all.... Reward day for me essentially just means I can enjoy a fat + carb together in 1 meal mostly It's never too early to plan for anything when it comes to keeping yourself on track!

Me~ Just got back from getting groceries... you can feel the hum of the momentum of the food frenzy that is about to ensue with everyone prepping for Super Bowl I made sure to grab all I needed for the next few days so I don't need to go there tomorrow of all days!
Working on ditching the water weight I found from yesterday..Reward Day...... GS cookies...oye! So easy to eat 3 or 4 of those and still want more!
Back is feeling SO much better today. Looking forward to actually being able to incorporate some exercise again next week. Jillian Michaels set will be ordered this week too, I can't wait!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I'm still trucking along. The scale has stayed the same for 3 days now, but for some reason I'm happy about it. Now that I have reached the new low, I am petrified about it going up so anything better than that is fine with me! I'm still on a roll with my walking. I was trying to do at least 4 miles a day, but this morning the rain wouldn't stop so I finally had to quit at 2 miles. I'll probably get the other 2 in before the day is over.

Danielle, so glad to hear your are feeling better! You need to share your "crisp" procedure. I either have sticking problems or they all end up in pieces. I'm trying to do them "nacho" like so they can be dipped in salsa and sour cream. I normally limit myself to one ounce of cheese a day so hopefully I won't get a sodium bump. I'm still going to keep my calories in check so hopefully no gain tomorrow.

Most of my 120 miles this year have been from walking. I didn't lift as much as I wanted in January because I over-use my muscles doing strenuous yard work each week. I do have an exercise bike so I will try to use it some in February. I can get a bunch more miles that way, but I prefer walking/hiking.

Macadamias are my absolute favorite, but they are so expensive! I did get some natural peanut butter this morning as the LC PB fudge turned out marvelous. I usually have a spoon of PB as my "treat" for the day so this will make that less boring. I'll have to see if this added Splenda causes me to stall. I normally only have 2 packets a day in my coffee.

Have a lovely week everyone!!! Keep at it!