Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
FBB - I LOVE mexican food. I have not tried using lettuce leaves to wrap stuff. I think what I love about mexican food is the corn tortilla/masa harina. I used to make my own tortillas and chips with my press. I really miss it. But I hate being fat worse, so I dont eat it.

Also, I found that I saved alot of money by not buying the junk i was eating. I know top ramen and pasta is the cheapest of the cheap but I spend most of my money on butter, meat, coconut oil, avocados, coffee, cabbage, shrimp, bacon, cream cheese, pork rinds, pepperoni sticks, hard cheese like old cheddar, lunch meat, eggs. This is how I started out. I had to get strick with my family and say I'm NOT buying crap. You eat what I cook, you eat nothing or you make your own. I know not alot of ppl can say that but the essence of it is just putting your foot down.

You live in California. I live in Canada. When I lived in Florida the farmer's market became my best friend. I could buy 2 weeks worth of produce for $14. Here my budget is really expensive. So I pay $2 for an avocado. $3.50 for a head of cabbage. $2 for a head of lettuce. Tap into the cheap ways to get food in your area. Farmer's here are struggling so they have stuff like co-op where you pay them a certain amount of money up front and they give you produce every week.

Finally, I save alot of money for my food by not going out to restaurants or fast food. So i just funnel that money into my food budget. I dont buy clothes yet so I funnel it to my food money. Both my husband and I are college students so both of us dont have jobs so that may give you a picture of how poor we are. LOL but you'll get creative. Just put your mind to it. Also, I'm not above looking on that 50% off shelf for produce. I just eat it that day or the next. I buy my meat on special, figure out when your grocery store reduces the price of its meat and I either cook it that day and freeze it or freeze the meat.

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st

Last edited by Shantony; 01-11-2014 at 07:22 AM..
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Shay....What great advice. You are SO right. Junk food whether at the grocery store or at a fast food place is SO expensive...not to mention just about worthless as far as nutrition goes.

Eggs are nature's "perfect food" and are as cheap as protein gets. I make 3-egg omelets with a bit of ham and about 1 oz. of cheese melted on top. I get the ham at my grocery store. They have a deli-thin sliced baked ham in the lunchmeat section that is about as cheap as it gets. 2 slices of that chopped and a thin slice of onion (optional) makes for a tasty omelet. If I don't feel like messing with making an "omelet" which I usually don't....I just make an egg/ham/onion scramble. This is a "one" dirty utensil dish. I chop the onion and the ham and fry that in an 8" skillet. Then I crack 3 eggs in and give it a good stir with the spatula...oops...guess that's "two" dirty utensils. But this way I don't dirty a bowl to "stir" the eggs. After the "omelet" is almost cooked, I dump it on a plate, add 1 oz. shredded cheese and put it in the microwave to melt the cheese. YUMMO....quick, cheap, and almost pure protein.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I guess I'm a popcorn people I love movie popcorn. I can't eat near as much as I used to, but I refuse to give it up. I've just put boundaries on the amount I eat and how often.

However....I skipped it last night. Too full from dinner.

Great advice, Shay!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:02 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I guess I'm a popcorn people I love movie popcorn. I can't eat near as much as I used to, but I refuse to give it up. I've just put boundaries on the amount I eat and how often.

However....I skipped it last night. Too full from dinner.

Great advice, Shay!
Danielle....You are NOT among the popcorn people. You might eat popcorn, but you limit yourself. Occasionally I give in to the popcorn too, but I do NOT buy the big tub anymore. In the past I could eat the tub and get the free refill on the way out of the theater. Gotta get my money's worth, you know.....Now, THAT'S "popcorn people" eating.

Last night about 9:00pm I was SO hungry and had some salmon salad (like tuna salad only made with canned salmon instead of tuna....don't like tuna) in the fridge and I finished it. NOT smart. I am really surprised I lost even 0.2 of a lb. Of course, it could catch up with me when I weigh tomorrow. Hope not.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Shay: You are going to get that 50 off for good this year!!!

Danielle: Congrats on the 3 lbs! Woot! I popcorn! I haven't been to the movies in years but I was the one that would get the huge bucket and the refill to go both with extra butter. Now, I have been popping it myself and putting butter and olive oil with sea salt. Unfortunately, the salt gets me so I try to limit myself to once a month. What did you see at the movies? I didn't have anything fun planned for the weekend. I just worked on my house mainly and caught up on some TV. Oh, I did have some wine with my TV yesd so that was fun until I weighed this morning.

BoBatty: Congrats on the huge loss since the 6th! Awesome!!! I'm on a tight budget, too. My local grocer has pretty good sales on meat and veggies. I know with them that I am actually getting the weight that they are selling unlike certain discount stores that include the package in the weight. I have found that since I started weighing everything I eat and only eating one serving of meat per meal that I get a bunch more bang for my buck. I usually buy the "family packs" and freeze serving sizes by the lb in freezer bags since I count calories, too. I also print coupons on other things and look at the weekly circulars online for specials.

Judy: I hear you on age affecting the metabolism. Once I got into my 30's it seems like things started slowing down and then into my 40's, even worse. I am looking forward to menopause, but I don't want to completely stop losing which is why I am determined to make this year happen because I feel like my days of being able to lose are numbered. I eat cabbage every day, but usually raw. I use that instead of lettuce in my salads most of the time. I do the same thing when I cook eggs except I put the cheese in the skillet. Is that wrong? I wash everything by hand so that is one less bowl to clean. I use a small skillet and sometimes I end up just eating it right from the skillet since eggs get cold so quickly, but I get away with that because I usually eat breakfast standing in the kitchen since I do my vitamins and all at the same time. Probably not the best idea, but a time saver.

Have a great evening everyone!
G

Last edited by Easily Amused; 01-12-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalN2014 View Post

Judy: I hear you on age affecting the metabolism. Once I got into my 30's it seems like things started slowing down and then into my 40's, even worse. I am looking forward to menopause, but I don't want to completely stop losing which is why I am determined to make this year happen because I feel like my days of being able to lose are numbered. I eat cabbage every day, but usually raw. I use that instead of lettuce in my salads most of the time. I do the same thing when I cook eggs except I put the cheese in the skillet. Is that wrong? I wash everything by hand so that is one less bowl to clean. I use a small skillet and sometimes I end up just eating it right from the skillet since eggs get cold so quickly, but I get away with that because I usually eat breakfast standing in the kitchen since I do my vitamins and all at the same time. Probably not the best idea, but a time saver.

Have a great evening everyone!
G
Goal....There's nothing wrong with putting the cheese in the skillet. I just like melting it on top by putting it in the microwave. That makes the eggs fluffier and hotter. I don't like cold eggs either. I put them in for 1 min 20 seconds and sometimes they are so hot I have to cool them off a little.

Cabbage does have more carbs than "regular" Iceberg head lettuce but it is still a LC veggie and it's good for you.

Good idea to get the weight off before menopause. Post-menopause is MUCH harder. I'm living proof of that!!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

G~ we saw Lone Survivor. That movie is still sticking with me today. Usually most military type stuff does...so powerful. In total awe of what our military does for our country and for people around the world. Tragic when there is so much loss.
Yanno, I wish I liked wine.... now, put a beer in front of me and I'd be tempted

Everyone is up and at'em today...DD17 is back in class and away we go!

Looking for lamps and end tables today for our living room.. this should be interesting because DH and I have total opposite tastes

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
G~ we saw Lone Survivor. That movie is still sticking with me today. Usually most military type stuff does...so powerful. In total awe of what our military does for our country and for people around the world. Tragic when there is so much loss.
Yanno, I wish I liked wine.... now, put a beer in front of me and I'd be tempted

Everyone is up and at'em today...DD17 is back in class and away we go!

Looking for lamps and end tables today for our living room.. this should be interesting because DH and I have total opposite tastes
Did you like Lone Survivor? I was thinking about seeing it but was wondering how much graphic violence is in it? I don't do well with that if it gets too graphic.

Do you tell DH what kind of tools to buy? No?? Well, then...he should leave the home decorating to you.

I "love" beer....but I hardly ever drink it. When I do drink I usually have either Jack Daniel's or Fireball Whiskey on the rocks. No carbs...just have to watch the calories.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy~ I loved the movie. There is quite a bit of "fighting" the last half the movie...long movie, over 2 hours. But the story is amazing and I bawled like a baby the last quarter of the movie... I was not the only one, lots of sniffles all around..

Ha! Well, he doesn't own any power tools... he's not a "Tim-the-tool-man-Taylor" whatsoever... he just pays people when he needs something done In his defense, the man works upwards of 70+ hrs a week so.... I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is dink around with tools I want him to like what's here, and be able to use it & be comfy. I value his input even though he drives me nuts arriving to the conclusion
Old 01-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy~ I loved the movie. There is quite a bit of "fighting" the last half the movie...long movie, over 2 hours. But the story is amazing and I bawled like a baby the last quarter of the movie... I was not the only one, lots of sniffles all around..

Ha! Well, he doesn't own any power tools... he's not a "Tim-the-tool-man-Taylor" whatsoever... he just pays people when he needs something done In his defense, the man works upwards of 70+ hrs a week so.... I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is dink around with tools I want him to like what's here, and be able to use it & be comfy. I value his input even though he drives me nuts arriving to the conclusion
Thanks for the movie info. Maybe I'll wait until it comes out on Netflix. That's a pretty good attitude on DH. Way to keep a happy marriage.

Now we'll want to see some pics of what you wanted and what he wanted and what you settle on.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I am loving my new Fitbit Force. It has been a wake up call on how many calories I burn in a day of doing nothing compared to when I do something. I feel like it is going to help me stay on top of things and will be a good tool when I get to the mtnc stage, too. I worked in the yard this morning for 2 hours and it says I walked over 5 miles and over 10,000 steps. You would think I would be stick thin and all muscle because I normally spend about 12-15 hours out there weekly not including the regular exercise. I would have stayed out there longer, but the rain kept messing with me. Once I heard thunder, I knew I had to quit.

Judy, I will keep your microwave idea for those days that I am giving myself the luxury of a plate for my breakfast.
My mom likes to do the whole process in the microwave, but I am one of those weird ones that like to over cook my eggs so I can never figure out the right timing plus I like the crispy-ness from the skillet. It makes me feel like I am eating something fried.
All of my life until about a year ago, I only ate iceburg in my salads. I have been trying to find more nutritional things to eat and I like the extra fiber. It seems like when I am behaving food wise that my regular-ness goes out the window. I started back on psyllium which seems to help, but now I am wondering about the aspartame they put in the powder. Hopefully, my 6 grams a day isn't going to kill me because no matter how many fibrous veggies I eat, the low carb always causes me problems. Sorry for the TMI. PMS rant...

Danielle, I am not really a wine drinker or beer drinker. I like the hard stuff with very little chaser, but if I have it in the house then I will drink it then I get the munchies so I chose cheap wine that I could drink in one sitting and relax for a bit without too much damage. I am so hyper.
I saw where Lone Survivor had a fantastic box office. I am with you on the military stuff.
I agree with Judy, the home decorating is our domain, but you are really sweet to consider DH in the process. Men are usually not that picky. They would be perfectly happy in an empty room with a recliner and a TV. As long as you don't go too frilly, they are usually not too concerned. My lack of decorating skills has always made me have a less is more attitude and all of my husbands have seemed to appreciate that for some reason.

Have a lovely day all!

G

Last edited by Easily Amused; 01-13-2014 at 10:52 AM..
Old 01-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ladies!

Quiet day here... DD has class & then work, and DH works allllll day long. Just little ole me here. I may actually get some things done, huh? Workout and housework on the agenda for this morning. I am working on revamping my menus this week...I'd planned on doing this at the very first of the year but I got lazy I feel boredom creeping in though, and that's the last thing I wanna happen....recipe for disaster!

What's everyone up to for today? Be good to you!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!

I got in a good walk this morning before my day began. And am back to my Friday weight so at least that is good.

Danielle, hope you get a bunch accomplished by your lonesome.

Have a great one everyone!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Afternoon everyone. I am still here and read the posts daily. I am just stressed out by school. I'm a mature student returning to college life and I have to do a group project. I'm stressed because I have not been in a group in many years. I like to do things alone. I know in the workplace we have to work in groups etc... but this professor has not help facilitate the groupings and I felt like a kid at school being picked last for dodge ball. I still dont have a group and I'm stressed out because next week you have to say you have a group and what your topic will be. *sigh*

All this stress is not helping me food wise. I have not cheated or anything but emotionally I feel taxed. I'm a stress eater and I have been doing my hardest not to eat off plan.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
That stinks, Shantony! I always hated having to do group projects in school. I'm sure you are not the only person without a group. Maybe you can show up a few minutes early to class and see if there's someone you can pair up with. I always liked having mature students work with me, because they were generally more responsible with their part of the work. I'm a stress eater, too. Lately I have been trying to distract myself when the mood strikes, but it's tough I know. You can do it!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw Shay, I'm sorry you're feeling stressed right now Like BubblyRen said, you ARE the benefit IMO.... I guarantee you this will be the last time anyone passes you p. As soon as "those kids" see you for what you are, they'll all be fighting over you for the next project Remember why you are in school, hon! Hang in there!!

G~ so far I've gotten my workout in and 2 loads of laundry... sadly my DVR has a louder call than the dusting or the vacuum There's always tomorrow, right?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Still power lurking and reading all the goodies you gals provide everyday. Got a question, is one usually constipated during the first two weeks of low-carbing? I would drink a glass of iced Diet Pepsi every day for a caffeine jolt and within 30 minutes I'd be haulin' it to the bathroom. I try that now since I started Atkins and I think it's been 2 days since last I had a bowel movement. I drink a LOT of water daily, so it can't be that.
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

I found that I was constipated the first 2 weeks but I added coconut oil to my diet and 4TBSP of that a day really lubes up the works. I add it to my coffee. Now I dont go every day more like every other day but that's better to me than every 3 or 4 days.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyBoBatty View Post
Got a question, is one usually constipated during the first two weeks of low-carbing? I would drink a glass of iced Diet Pepsi every day for a caffeine jolt and within 30 minutes I'd be haulin' it to the bathroom. I try that now since I started Atkins and I think it's been 2 days since last I had a bowel movement. I drink a LOT of water daily, so it can't be that.
This might be TMI for some, but here goes....

It's just that so much junk food has lots of carbs & fiber and that's what makes up the "bulk" of a bowel movement. The "volume" of mine is WAY less than when I eat a lot of carbs or even nuts, etc. any high-fiber food. I do, however, have a bowel movement every morning even though the volume is much less. There isn't any reason why we "have" to go every day. So long as things keep moving you won't have any problem from not going every day. I have one daughter who only goes every 3-4 days and has been like that for years with no problem.

One thing that might help since you are concerned is psyllium or you can take a magnesium supplement if you aren't already taking it....increase it if you are. Just be careful because if you take too much magnesium, you will have the opposite problem.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Kinda quiet over here, how's my peeps!

FBB~ I hope you find the answer to your potty needs...that's no bueno! I agree with Judy's post whole heartedly... gotta remember that when there's no rubbish going IN, there will be no rubbish going OUT

Shay~ how's school going? Did you show those kids who's boss yet?

Slvrmoon~
did you get that class done, yet? How's the weight loss?

BubblyRen~ how's the plan coming along? Are you in school too?

Judy~ planning any movie outtings this weekend? I think we're gonna go see Jack Ryan tomorrow... cracks me up though, because Chris Pine has forever been solidified as "Captain Kirk" in my head, so when he talks that's all I hear DD17 want's to go see a scary movie on Saturday...for some reason we ended up being scary-movie-partners ... she loves them.. and for the most part I do too (dh could care less) so we go and act like fools being scared

Me~ Did something wonky to my knee.. well, actually, I've got something weird with my knee and I think exercise just exacerbates it? Been to the doc for it before and there's nothing wrong. Ice and rest Frustrating at best, because I'm truly trying to embrace exercise (besides my aversion to sweating ) and really want to transform my body...but how do I do that if every time I get going with it my knee acts up I wonder if wearing a brace on it every time I work out would help? Instead of only using one when it starts to hurt?

Anyways, hoping all is well with everyone! It's Friday Eve, are ya'll ready for the weekend?
Old 01-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle - I did finally get a group today, so that is relieving. Just a long school day on Thursdays 11hrs from door to door.

Not much else going on besides school. I'm still trying to eat on plan. I'm missing carbs a little bit for the convenience. I guess if I saw weight coming off faster like other people then I would be more excited about eating the same stuff.

I have lost some inches in the past month but that's about it. I know I should be excited about it but its not enough inches where I put on my clothes and go "yes!". Not yet anyways. LOL.

I'm still having food dreams. I dont know what that's about. My brain is probably screaming for some rice.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:59 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hey Danielle! Nope, not in school-- I graduated from college in 2010. I work full-time at a pretty sedentary office job, and I got married 8 months ago, hence the weight gain haha! When I was in school I did wayyyyy more walking than I did now, out of necessity.

I'm with you on scary movies-- love 'em!! I went and saw the newest Paranormal Activity movie with my hubs last weekend. They shot it handheld-style like the other ones, only this one it's so bad I actually got motion sick and was nauseous the rest of the evening.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

.....No movies this weekend. Going out to eat Chinese last Tuesday was enough for this week. Gotta get that off before I go anywhere. I don't think there are any movies right now that I really want to see anyway. I do have Netflix and have a bunch of movies that I haven't watched yet not to mention that I have over 1600 FREE books on my Kindle.

Guess I'm the odd one out....I "hate" scary movies. They give me nightmares. The "spider" sequence in the last Hobbit movie was horrid. I had to close my eyes. I'm worse than a kid. I know it comes from having seen a movie when I was 4 or 5 years old that had a boy trapped in a HUGH spider web....probably 11 or 12 feet tall and of course, the spider that almost got him was about 6 feet tall. YUCK!!! But I don't like too much guts and gore either. It's just like sex scenes....I prefer to leave "something" to the imagination.

One of my problems with weight loss is that I don't "move" as much as I used to either. I sit WAY too much. Living alone doesn't even cause nearly as much housework as when I had kids. Being retired is even worse than the desk job I had for almost 30 years. At least I walked some then. Now most of the walking I do is when I go to the store. I'm SO waiting for Spring. Where I live now there are flat places to walk so I should be able to get back into walking when the weather warms up. Hills do NOT agree with me.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I have had a crazy week, got some things accomplished that I have put off forever and my hormones are completely out of whack, but this too shall pass...hopefully. I have been on plan, super active this week and had huge deficits, but the scale is being stubborn. No worries, I am in charge!!!

Danielle, hope your wonky knee is better. I had a major workout yesterday and pulled something in my left arm near the elbow. I even pulled out my old "tennis elbow" strap, but it hurts to use it much less lift anything. I never realized how heavy that remote is! Funny how we never know how much we use our non-dominant appendages until they are hurt. There goes my weight lifting for awhile not to mention the ton of yard work waiting on me. Anyway, feel better!!!

Shay, congrats on the loss of inches! That is what really matters!!!

BubblyRen, I'm not much on scary movies now that I am older but I do enjoy American Horror Story. This week was pretty yucky though. I kept having to cover my eyes. I can't even watch it after 4pm or I'll have nightmares.

Judy, I have a bunch of free books on my tablet, too, but I never seem to get around to them. I just read your post about the scary movies AFTER I made my reply about scary movies. We are like twins!
Have you thought of doing some walking DVDs or walking at a mall maybe? I don't like hills either. Unfortunately, I live in a valley so either direction is up hill. Plus I live on a "dirt" road that the county puts rocks on weekly so I usually have to drive to a park or something to walk. I have the DVDs but it is kind of like the treadmill to me. I don't like walking when I'm not going anywhere.

Everyone else: and have a great weekend all!!!

Last edited by Easily Amused; 01-18-2014 at 09:42 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My youngest daughter, Sheri, (also my best friend) came over last night. We watched the latest Star Trek movie. She brought her wine and I had tea!! Yay me.... It was nice....and didn't even cost me a weight gain.

Goal...That's one definite advantage about being retired. Some days I do a LOT of reading. Other days, not so much. Of course, that doesn't help with the exercise. It's hard to read on my Kindle AND walk.

It's supposed to be 58* today so maybe I'll even go for a "real" walk outdoors. Don't get excited....I said "maybe."
Old 01-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

A cold is starting around my house. DS13 and DD12 have it. I went to bed coughing and woke up coughing. Uggg! My son went over to play with some other kids a couple of days ago and brought the sickness into the house. He was laid in bed all day yesterday. I hope I dont get that bad. I cant afford the down time. DH is trying his best to stay away from all of us in his "man cave". lol
Old 01-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shay........Taking extra Vitamin C helps. Especially if you can take it when you first feel it coming on...before it gets a good hold on you. Being sick sucks. I take 1000mg of Vit. C every morning and 1000mg every night just before bed. I hardly ever have a cold. When I do get one, I take the 1000mg pill an additional 2 times during the day....sometimes 3 times. It helps.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I may have dodged the sick bullet. Besides that one day of coughing, it has not reoccurred. That's a good thing. Still working on school but its good to know that i am 1/4 the way done already. Yay. Monday is my easier day. Its thursdays I dread.

I am redefining my thoughts on food. I am very very low carb right now. Basically its about 3-5% of my daily calories. I dont count calories really. I just take a look and keep on moving. But I am having to look at food differently. I am not craving carbs but I am still sensitive to watching others eat them. This week I could watch others eating them without craving them but I kinda still wanted them. Not for hunger but for general purposes. I guess I'm kinda getting into a food routine and just have to brush away the thoughts that I'm eating basically the same things. I call it divorcing myself from food. I have alot of extra time on my hands now that I eat basically the same things. I want to add a bit more variety but I have to do it slowly. Plus if I admit it, I'm a little scared not knowing how it will affect my weight loss. I am losing VERY slowly but I am losing.

I made lemon cream cheese fat bombs on Sunday. I dont really crave sweet but I thought it would help somewhere down the line. I feel like when i eat sweet tasting foods it brings back the cravings so I have to watch it. Only time I want something sweet is around that time of the month. So really just 1 or 2 days and then its gone and one fat bomb usually nips it in the bud.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Weighed myself today and was surprised at another drop in weight. I'm excited at starting my 3rd week. Still have the sugar cravings and seem to tamp them down with a Sugar Free Popsicle or a squeeze of Reddiwhip. Are you gals still fighting the sweet tooth urge?
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shay....That's great. Being sick sucks....and it's harder to stay on plan. One thing that helped me in the beginning when I saw carbs is a mantra...it goes like this. "Poison...poison...poison."

I know that sounds funny, but it really did help. I don't do it much anymore, but occasionally I need it and it still helps. Carbs ARE poison to our bodies. Why would we want to eat poison? I have heard that anti-freeze is sweet and actually tastes good....but I sure wouldn't drink it, would you? Then why do we put so-called edible poisons in our mouths? They had to put a nasty tasting additive in anti-freeze to keep kids and animals from drinking it, but in it's "natural" form it is sweet.

Bo...Good job....KUTGW!!