Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/228/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Dec. 9, 2013
Slvermoon what are you studying? I start back school tomorrow. Not looking forward to the chapters of reading i'll have to do.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slvrmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
Slvermoon what are you studying? I start back school tomorrow. Not looking forward to the chapters of reading i'll have to do.
I'm working on my Bachelor's degree in Business Management. Currently I'm taking Accounting II. I'm going through WGU, which really is a study at your own pace program and I slacked off really bad since Thanksgiving. I should have finished the class at least three weeks ago. Now I'm pushing myself to be ready to take the pre-assessment by the end of the week. If I do well on it, I'll take the final next week some time.

I should have enough time in this term to take one more class. I'm thinking IT Management.

It's tough. The work isn't the hard part. The making yourself do it is the hard part.
slvrmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

I know the feeling. I'm going to school for human resources management and class starts tomorrow and I'm already behind on the reading. lol
Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

271.6 this morning. That's a solid five down from last Monday, and a surprising loss since yesterday morning. I say it's a surprise because I didn't weigh till nearly 10 yesterday morning and it was an early 5 AM today!!!

I had a good breakfast with my daughter this morning - also highly unusual. We're usually scrambling that last 10 minutes before we have to leave to get all our stuff together and our breakfast eaten and shoes, etc. But today was good. First day back to school after the winter break. We already hit today's high and the cold air is dipping down to into the southern states today and our high for tomorrow is 23F.

I am at work. I have some of my supplements in me. I ran out of coffee so I have to get some more and then finish them. My snacks and lunch are in my little fridge under my desk so I have no excuses.

I took some ground beef out of the freezer to have for dinner. I doubt my sister will be up early enough to cook (she works nights and just came off three days in a row).

I will also be doing some studying during my lunch break and then again after dinner. I have six chapters/units to get through this week so I can take the pre-test this weekend. Wish me luck!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:31 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Slvrmoon - Good luck with the units. Sounds like you are quite prepared this morning.

Me...i'm still in bed. I dont want to get out of it because it snowed and snowed last night. With all the school closures mine decided to stay open. I have a 2hr commute each way to school. Once I get out of this bed I wont be able to get back in it until about 11pm tonight. Im cold. lol.

Ugh...i wanna burrow under the covers. I'll talk to you guys tonight.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:37 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Good Morning....It is SO cold here. Our "normal" high is in the low to mid 30s. Right now it is -11* Our high today is going to be just 4*.......Where is global warming when you need it??? I'm glad I don't have to go out today.

Quote:
Way to go Danielle! December was a crazy month. I'm so glad its over. lol
SO TRUE!!! It's a good thing it's over....now we can get down to business and stop bouncing around.
Parisfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:24 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

It's 30degrees below normal here as well (NC). It's 9F outside with a windchill of -7. Hasn't been this cold in 14 years - the year we got 23" of snow. The last time I saw that much snow was in early 97 when I lived in Denver. It's part of the reason I moved.

So, I was supposed to do much more studying last night than I actually did. I also had an after dinner snack. It was chicken, but it didn't have to be as much as it was. I'm not complaining too much, though, I still lost 1/2lb from yesterday.

All the public schools in the area are on a two hour delay, so I'm home for another hour and a half. I'm reaching across my textbook, can I get some osmosis going on here, please?????

Not so much. So I need to get caught up to where I meant to be.

Have a great day and STAY WARM!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:17 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Well the kids have a snow day today. The reason they closed it is "cold wind and blowing". WTH?? Its winter. Of course is cold and blowing. There's no new snow or anything. That just messed up my plans for the day.

I have a ton of reading. The scale is wrecking havoc with my mind. I know I shouldnt weigh everyday but it is kinda a habit now.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:55 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Ooooo I do not envy you people in super cold weather! Stay warm!

Shay, try to get the scale out of your head. I know it's hard--trust me, I know...I weigh daily too Remember all of the good things you are doing, all the great food you're eating.. the weight WILL come off!

Slvr~ Best of luck with school!

Judy~ how's it going in your neck of the woods?

I've hit a small new low again this morning. Feels so good to finally have the scale moving after weeks of bouncing around with the same numbers!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We are going to have much warmer (??) weather today. The high is supposed to be 24*. Still almost 10* below "normal" but a lot better than -7 with wind. They cancelled school here too, but it doesn't impact me anymore since all mine are grown and gone. Since they all live here (within 15 miles of me) I don't mind them being gone.

Not doing anything exciting today. Time on the computer; read on my Kindle Fire; watch some Netflix; think about all the things I "don't" have to do anymore....like "go to the Laundromat" now that I have a washer/dryer in my apartment. I'm SO glad I found this complex. It's WONDERFUL!! Now to get my friend moved in here when her lease is up. She was my next door neighbor in the old place.

I do need to go out today sometime, though. I have a new eyeglass prescription and I really should take it somewhere and get new glasses before I wait so long that it's not correct anymore. I'm glad I finally got a "remote starter" on my car so I can warm it up before I go out there and get in it. That REALLY helps on days like this.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

I think I'm going to start just weighing myself on Saturday mornings.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Hi all..

I was wondering if I could join in to help myself be accountable and to also help others who may need it

I am a past member who lost 94 pds on very low carb...Sadly I have let life, stress and just my :I dont care" attitide get in the way and have gained about 65 back...sigh...I swore I would never let that happen after working so hard to lose it...

I look at pics from then and now and cannot stand the way I look and feel

I am going to be a 1st time gma this summer and must get myself back into a healthy, happy lifestyle

My plan is very low carb, as I dont like most veggies so I have a hard time hitting 20 carbs..I eat mostly meat, eggs and cheese..I also must keep my calories low to lose..I know this plan works for me...I have thyroid issues, metabolism problems and am in menopause, so this woe is what my body demands

I am hoping to make some new friends and get and offer support as well as reconnect with old pals

Happy to be here and be back...Stacy
1/7/14....223 pds
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh

Last edited by Missouri_Librarian; 01-07-2014 at 08:57 AM..
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Stacy!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Stacy, welcome! Don't worry, you'll be back to your low before you know it! Congrat's on the g'ma thing.....I think?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Good Morning! I think it's still morning.... 270.4 this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing that 6 again very soon!

Studying continues. Food remains on plan. Supplements taken.

This quote is on my daily calendar today (and I'd put it in my signature if I had access to make changes to it).
"Don't be so focused on what's wrong that you forget to acknowledge what's right." Joyce Gioia.

It's supposed to be about business but it works well here, too, I think.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

You're almost there!

Great quote! Definitely fits into what you're trying to do here.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

I jinxed myself.... I had a little bounce this morning.. right back to 271.0. No worries, though, I didn't do anything "wrong", so I'm sure it's a blip. Just like the stock market, it's a minor correction.

I'm a bit frazzled at work today, but I'll be ok. I have three more units to get through in my class, which I should be able to finish tonight since they're powerpoint presentations. Depending on the time, I may be able to take the preassessment tonight. If not, I'll take it tomorrow. After I pass it, I'll schedule my final.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
I would love to participate in this group. I haven't seen under 200lbs in 20 years. I would appreciate the support as well. Nice to meet'cha!
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/222/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hi all! I'm new, too. I haven't been under 200 pounds since I can't remember when-- I think I was 15 or 16. I've been plus-sized my entire adult life (so far!). It's been tough trying to change my relationship with food, but the support here is definitely a great help.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome FattyboBatty and BubblyRen! The more the merrier.

Well I started back school this week and it seems like its going to be okay. Except for a group project I have to do which I really hate doing. Group projects suck when you dont know anyone in the class and they make you pick your own groups. So I'm taking Occupational Health & Safety, Recruitment & Selection and finally I'm taking Strategic Compensation. The reading for them are really dry but the professors make up for it at least. One week down, 11 more to go!

On the weight loss front, its coming of slowly. I weigh daily and I'm bouncing all around. I just have to be patient. I was at school with my "diet" food and everyone was around me eating donuts and chinese noodles and such. Every building has a food court. I could just smell food food food. Luckily they have these organic farmers come in every Thursday and there was a lady selling smoked meats. Just MEAT. It was awesome. I ran over there, "quick give me two pepperettes STAT!" LOL...the meat lady saved me from a fate worse than death..."watching other people eat food!" lol.

Here are my weights so far for the last 2 weeks. I dont know how I got down to 233 and then bounced back up. I'm eating the same stuff.

1/1 - 233.6
1/2 - 235.2
1/3 - 235.8
1/4 - 236.8
1/5 - 236.8
1/6 - 236.8
1/7 - 237.8
1/8 - 236.0
1/9 - 236.8

My Journal: Shantony's Journal to Wholeness

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred Devito

Mini Goal
230lbs by Jan. 31st
Old 01-10-2014, 05:28 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Good Friday Morning!!! Shay I am so glad I don't have to GO to classes. My classroom is wherever I have internet access - and sometimes even when I don't. But this is no cakewalk, trust me. This accounting class is harder than it looks. I finished the material last night and checked out the message boards and got some good tips for the test, so I'll be studying up on specific material today.

I'm down to sitting right on the 270.0 mark. I will not jinx myself today. I will not jinx myself today. I will simply continue to do what I do and let the chips fall where they may... that's poker chips, BTW.

My supplements will be done soon after a meeting I'm heading into in a few minutes. and everything else is on track.

There's a "holiday" party tomorrow night at the boss' house (because we couldn't fit it in back in Dec) and that's going to be my first real challenge of the year. I'm taking devilled eggs. At least I know there will be one thing there that I can eat.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

.... FattyboBatty and BubblyRen....It's good to see you. This is a GREAT place to be because there are such nice/helpful people here.

I don't know where my 1.8 lb bounce UP came from. Had virtually no carbs yesterday. Guess I had too many calories. I did eat more yesterday than usual, but it was all low-carb. Had rotisserie chicken & fried cabbage w/bacon for lunch....then salmon salad for dinner. Oh, I just remembered...I had 4 deli slices of med. cheddar for a late snack. Got hungry and there wasn't anything else available. That was definitely too many calories. I'll know better next time. Looks like it's time to make some deviled eggs.

slvrmoon....If you want to put that sentence in your signature, click on "User Control Panel" at the top left of the screen in the blue line. Then click on "Edit Signature" on the left side of the screen under "Settings and Options" That opens a box where you can put the sentence.

Hang in there, ladies.....we CAN do this. I keep telling myself "I didn't put this weight on in a few months so I shouldn't expect to lose it in a few months."
Old 01-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Judy do you find you can do raw cabbage w/o a bounce up. I did corned beef and boiled cabbage last week and it kicked me outta ketosis and gave me cravings. I new that boiled cabbage was too delish. I could taste the carbs in it...meaning...I can tell when something is "carby" by how it turns to the sweet taste in my mouth. Then of course I probably ate too much of it. 4 cups in a day. I have to stay away from things that taste sweet to me. I kept thinking but its got fiber and its low carb....too much of a good thing I guess.

I picked up smoked side bacon or fat back as they call it in the South of USA. Thought I was going to get a treat for breakfast but it was SALTY omg...wonder if I'll hold onto the salt or it'll pass out without a blip. We'll see tomorrow.

I'm having an okay day. No school today but I do have readings to do but as you can see I'm procrastinating cuz I'm chatting away to you guys. LOL.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
I just joined today and this looks like a good group for me. I have lost below 200 twice in the last 20 years, the last time was 10 years ago, but then I started eating like a "normal" person and quickly gained it back. With age, comes wisdom along with a slower metabolism. I know now that this is not a quick fix and I am determined to no longer be obese when this year is over OR ever again!

I look forward to being accountable with you all! We can do this!!!

G
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome G! I am right there with you with a slower metabolism. The weight came off a little better last time around. I lost 50lbs in a year in 2006. I'm hoping I'll be able to repeat history.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

to all of our newbies! Great to have you here and can't wait to see where your journey takes you.

Slvrmoon~ Good luck with the party, I'm sure you'll do great! I did online classes too and loved it.

Shay~ I'm glad that school seems like it's going to be tolerable hooray for some on-plan food! Ew, yeah, I'm not a group project typa girl either... I guess that's one advantage to doing it all online..you only have yourself to blame if you blow it Ignore the bounce--I know it's hard, but you know you're following your plan, the rest will follow!

Judy~
just a blip on the radar..probably sodium. You're doing great!

Me~ I've had a good week. Down 3 lbs Today's reward day---headed out to dinner and the movies. Yes! I think we're finally on the mend around here with all the sickies...DD17 has been home for 3 days Now I'm just praying I don't get it!

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend??
Old 01-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle - Congrats on the 3lbs. I know you have been battling it out with them for a few weeks. Yay you!

I'm probably doing nothing this weekend. I havent figured out how to go to the movies and not eat the popcorn. I LOVE movie theatre popcorn. I used to crave it. I would go to the theatre buy the popcorn and walk out. LOL
Old 01-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Danielle - Congrats on the 3lbs. I know you have been battling it out with them for a few weeks. Yay you!

I'm probably doing nothing this weekend. I havent figured out how to go to the movies and not eat the popcorn. I LOVE movie theatre popcorn. I used to crave it. I would go to the theatre buy the popcorn and walk out. LOL
Thanks Shay! I'm thankful to be firmly in a new decade, finally!

Yeah, I don't go to the movies unless I can have popcorn it's the only reason why we're going tonight instead of tomorrow...Can't tell you how many times I've gone to the theater just to buy a bag of popcorn in the past!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Thank you very much for the welcome!

I'm not quite sure about the whole daily weigh-in on my behalf, I know myself and it would derail me if I checked every day. I started Atkins this Monday, January 6th, and from that day til the 9th, I went from 250.4 to 238.3, yet this morning before I showered, I checked and it was 243.8.

Here's some tidbits about me:
  1. I'm a "salty spicy" type of person, so it might make me stall with retaining water.
  2. I really enjoy tacos, so I've turned to iceberg lettuce leaves to wrap anything and everything into a "taco" or "burger".
  3. I'm trying to give up Diet Soda so I've been drinking a lot of regular water and mineral water.
  4. I have the Gout so all the protein from beef, shrimp, and cheese can aggravate it, so I would have to eat more fish and chicken or I won't be able to walk around every few days.
  5. Sugar Free candies are evil, but what do you do when you have an immense craving for sweets? Even when they're made with Splenda.

What are some meal ideas for someone that is on a Top Ramen Budget?
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy do you find you can do raw cabbage w/o a bounce up. I did corned beef and boiled cabbage last week and it kicked me outta ketosis and gave me cravings. I new that boiled cabbage was too delish. I could taste the carbs in it...meaning...I can tell when something is "carby" by how it turns to the sweet taste in my mouth. Then of course I probably ate too much of it. 4 cups in a day. I have to stay away from things that taste sweet to me. I kept thinking but its got fiber and its low carb....too much of a good thing I guess.
Shay....Cabbage doesn't do anything negative to me. I just ate way too many calories yesterday. Don't know why I was so hungry all day. I'm just glad I didn't have any carby foods in the house 'cause I know where they would be now....on my hips!!! I love cabbage just about any way you can think of. Drink some extra water today to flush out that salt!!

G....I hear ya on the slower metabolism. And take it from one who knows...the older you get, the slower it is. So....make this way of eating a way of life.

Danielle....Congrats!! You are a real inspiration.

Movie Popcorn is one of my favorite non-foods. The way I finally beat it is when my daughter pointed out that "most" of the people who came into the theater who had the super-sized bucket of popcorn were 100 lbs overweight..or more. We started "mentally" calling them "popcorn people" and I didn't want to be one of them. I'm close enough to that without eating popcorn. I put on a lot of my weight eating air-popped popcorn thanks to my arch enemy Susan Powter.

FattyBoBatty...If you give up ALL sweets (including the "fake" ones) for 2 weeks you will find that the cravings will stop or at least diminish. I save money by having a protein shake for one of my meals most days. If you eat 3 times a day, you could substitute 2 meals. The shakes are MUCH cheaper than meat. If you do this, avoid soy protein. Soy messes with the thyroid. I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein Powder. I get it at Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein. I "love" the Double Rich Chocolate. They have a lot of different flavors. I get the 5 lb jugs. There are 75 servings in one of those. I use 1 & 1/2 scoops instead of 1 scoop in my shakes since I have just one a day. That figures out to $1.08 per shake. That's pretty cheap. If you have shakes for 2 meals and use just 1 scoop it figures out to 72 cents per shake. One thing I like about Netrition is no matter how much you order from them, the S&H is $4.95 so the more you can order at once, the cheaper it is overall. Just stay away from the Soy.

If weighing every day doesn't work for you, then don't do it. If I didn't weigh every day, it would get SO out of control for me...so I do weigh every day. Makes it much easier to get back on plan when I go off.

Have a great day, everyone....and have some protein!!