Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mellymel
Stats: 367/303/165
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 4/12/2014
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 25, I live in Dallas, and am 354 lbs as of Saturday. My main reason for starting is that I want to start having kids in a few years and want to be as healthy as possible. My first week was ok. I was feeling pretty anxious because I found out my BP was a little high and I was nervous about possibly having diabetes. I started last week on 4/12 and went to my first weigh-in on Saturday. It really gave me a boost to find out I lost 13 lbs! (3 lbs fat, 10 water) and that my blood pressure went down a bit. Also found out I am just within the prediabetic category, so I really feel like I started this right before serious medical stuff started happening. I'm really happy I found this website because I really think I'm going to need a lot of support and motivation on this journey!
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
....Melly....Glad you joined us. The more the merrier. There are a LOT of good, supportive people on this board....and on this thread. You have made a wise decision. Especially doing it while you are still young. Believe me....it's MUCH harder after 40 and especially after menopause. Keep coming here....especially if it gets hard to stay on track. That's when you will really appreciate the people here. I know I do.

I hope everyone had a good Easter and those who got off the loser's train are now back on. I am....now to stay on and get more off. At least the weather is beginning to cooperate. I'm going for a walk "outdoors" later this morning. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I want to get out there while I can.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #333
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Judy! Have a great walk. I'm supposed to exercise for 20-30 minutes today.. ugh I'll take diet over exercise any day.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Welcome Melly! I'm with you on the diet before exercise. I can't get my butt in gear to exercise and I've been losing at a snail's pace. I really think exercise is the key.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #335
Junior LCF Member

Well I forced myself to do 25 minutes on the treadmill... I hated every minute of it lol but I did it!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Hi Guys. I'm back. Exams are over and I'm free until September, yay me!

I've not been eating on track for the past several weeks. I didnt gain it all back but I did gain back a few pounds. I'm sitting at 231.6 as of this morning. Not great but not the worse it could be. I got back on track yesterday. So I'm here now and will be yapping your heads off. lol
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Mellymel!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Welcome Melly !

No more wheelchair ! Walker for a awhile and then a cane until I see the doc again in 6 weeks ... feel like I am finally going to get my life back !! Need to be cautious for 3 months, then I should be able to do anything again

Hope everyone is doing well ... I've made some poor food choices since surgery, but back on track now ..
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:56 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Shay...Joanne....Good to see you guys back. Maybe this thread will pick up again. It's been kinda dying for awhile and I was beginning to think it was a goner. I've just been "bouncin' around." Some of it was deserved, but some of it wasn't. I don't know....but I don't plan to throw in the towel. Even when I don't lose, I "feel" so much better eating LC that it's worth it.

Have a good day, my friends....and let's see if we can get this thread going again.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Judy I feel better eating this way too. I remarked to my dh that my joints are not hurting when I walk. That's an improvement for me because sore joints was a reason why I would not walk.

Now when its no longer cold then my other reason for not walking will be gone as well. LOL. But I am looking forward to a bit warmer weather because then I'll say its too hot to walk. When I say that you guys remind me that I can strip down to bare minimum and walk. lol
Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

So how is everyone? The weather is starting to get nicer. Is anyone doing anything special? How are the eating plans coming along. Its been quiet in here last couple of days. Just wondered what everyone was up to.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
So how is everyone? The weather is starting to get nicer. Is anyone doing anything special? How are the eating plans coming along. Its been quiet in here last couple of days. Just wondered what everyone was up to.
Nothing special here, just trying to get more active while not overdoing it... not an easy task... I seem to go from OK to OMG in a minute ... It's trial and error at this point, eventually I'll figure it out. I did go out today and picked up some veggie seeds for the garden, we should be able to start planting soon. I am looking forward to that

My eating plan is starting to get back on track. Seems like as long as I plan it out and put our weekly menu down on paper, I do good. If I don't, it becomes too easy to get off track.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 05-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Shay...Joanne ...I had about given up on this thread. It's good to see a couple of you are still here. Maybe we can get it going again.

The only thing "special" I've done in awhile is go to one "Mother's Day Dinner" and still have 2 to get through. Then I've GOT to buckle down and get serious or it's going to be too late. I really don't want the pallbearers to have to use a two-wheeler when I croak!!

I got some rotisserie chickens, cut them up, vacuum packed them in 2-meal portions and froze them. I have bacon and eggs and shredded cheese for omelets. Am making fried cabbage today. Need to get some fresh broccoli for broccoli salad. I've got hamburger for Lisa's "Chan's Special" and for meatloaf. Now to get my attitude shaped up and stick to it!!

Have a great weekend and come back soon.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Judy - love your idea of vacuum packing the rotisserie chicken... we've been talking about getting a vacuum sealer

Went out to breakfast this morning with a group to celebrate the life of a friend who died in a motorcycle accident a few years ago.. it was at a place that makes their own maple syrup and the best pancakes around .... I had eggs

Kids and grandkids may be coming over tomorrow for a cookout .. they wanted to take us out, but I really enjoy being home better ... easier to control the food too

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone !
Old 05-12-2014, 03:40 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Hi Girls,

I've been bad about posting. I'm at my dad's in Oregon taking care of him.

I haven't been on plan since getting here but I've lost 4 lbs. It must be stress. lol
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Joanne....get a vacuum sealer. They really do a great job. Mine's the FoodSaver brand and I love it!! I don't have a big freezer, just the one on my fridge so it's frost-free and they cause freezer burn a LOT quicker and I don't get freezer burn on anything that has been vacuum packed....and I've had stuff in there WAY longer than you can with the regular Ziploc Freezer Bags. I get my vacuum bags online MUCH cheaper than at the store. I don't have time right now to look for the place where I buy mine....haven't bought any in a couple of years...but I will in the next couple of days and post it.

Jazlyn....How's your Dad doing? Better, I hope. Stress makes me lose. I don't "stress-eat." I'm the opposite. When things are going good, that's when I have a problem....and my life has been pretty dang good since my divorce. LOL

Gotta go....See you guys later.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Judy .. I did see them on Amazon, but would like to know where you get your bags

Jazlyn, hope things are ok with your Dad .. I am the opposite of you guys, I totally stress eat ..

Might attempt to start up the walking tape again today .. can't hurt to give it a try
Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Joanne....I got the quart bags here: Foodsaver Bags and Rolls for all Vaccum Sealer Machines

I don't remember where I got the gallon ones I have. It might have been the same place but it was so long ago I can't find the email re: the gallon ones. If I do find it, I'll post it.

The quart ones are even cheaper here: ARY VacMaster 944220 8" x 11 1/2" FoodFresh VacStrip External Strip Vacuum Packaging Bags - 100/Box
Old 05-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Judy !!! Did you ever use the rolls ? Or do you like the bags better ? I've been researching the different models on Amazon, will probably order one this weekend

We put in most of our garden yesterday, I am hoping we will get enough yield to be able to freeze some of it.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

I'm up 4 pounds .. started beating myself up, then stopped and tried to figure out why. Bottom line I am NOT sticking to my plan, and eating way more than I should. Just dumb.

Any-who, I just downloaded a tracker app on my phone, going to see if tracking everything - food, water, exercise - will help keep me on track.. do you guys track and if so, do you find it helpful ?

I'm thankful you guys are here, have a wicked awesome day !
Old 05-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
Thanks Judy !!! Did you ever use the rolls ? Or do you like the bags better ? I've been researching the different models on Amazon, will probably order one this weekend

We put in most of our garden yesterday, I am hoping we will get enough yield to be able to freeze some of it.
I have used the rolls, but the pre-cut ones aren't that much more expensive and are the right size for most everything I freeze. It's nice to have a roll just in case you want to freeze something that won't fit in the quart or gallon bag because you can cut it to the length you need.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #352
Junior LCF Member

Wow I haven't been on in forever. I started a new job in May so I was super busy training my replacement and then learning my new job roles. I've been having a blast and running around with my head cut off, but I'm glad to say I've stayed on track with my plan! I went to my weekly follow up Wednesday and I am so happy to say I have lost 41 pounds of body fat in 2 months! Now, my water keeps going up and down but I haven't been exercising as I should.

I've enjoyed catching up on all of your posts and I;m so proud of all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
I'm up 4 pounds .. started beating myself up, then stopped and tried to figure out why. Bottom line I am NOT sticking to my plan, and eating way more than I should. Just dumb.

Any-who, I just downloaded a tracker app on my phone, going to see if tracking everything - food, water, exercise - will help keep me on track.. do you guys track and if so, do you find it helpful ?

I'm thankful you guys are here, have a wicked awesome day !
JoAnn, my program requires measuring all your food and really encourages tracking everything you eat. I'm sure that has definitely played into my success. My counselor wants me to use a tracker app, but I really just prefer to use the journals they provide. Have you been tracking regularly?

I'd love to hear how everyone is doing and I am gonna be making an effort to check in more often!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:03 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Mel - congrats !!!! That's great results !!!

Started tracking, but stopped .. no legitimate excuse, just downright lazy. Need to start up again, it did help when I was doing it. Another thing I started that is helping is I joined the daily weigh in thread. Having to see it in black and white every day is really eye opening. Both good and bad. Lately more bad than good

I think I just have to accept the fact that for me, food is always going to be an issue. Somedays it feels like my whole day revolves around planning, shopping, preparing, cooking, tracking food .. I need to accept that fact that this is what I need to do to be healthy and stop getting frustrated with it. That's when I go off plan, stop tracking, fool myself into thinking, hey, one small plate won't hurt. Silly me LOL .

So today is day 1 .. again .. puttin' on my big girl pants and doin' what needs doin' to be a healthier me
Old 06-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #354
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: klieves
back again

It has been about 5 years since low carb eating. My sugar went into the 300. So I made u p my mind to get it under control. I am starting with a weight of 216 lbs
I hoping that we can help each other.
klieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #355
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: klieves
diabetes

I just started and I have diabetes. It run in my family. Lost my grandmother and sister to this horrible disease. When I was on low carb before my blood sugar levels were normal. I started on low carb and already it is below 200jumpjoy:so keep up the good work.
klieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:35 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

klieves ! Congrats on the sugar drop, that's wonderful ! This is a great place to come for support and more
Old 07-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Newbie (Back Again!)

Hello everyone I am rejoining Lowcarbfriends ...and happy to be back on the board, under a different username. I have been on and off this board for about 8 years...sometimes on plan, sometimes not. Back then I had hoped to have the weight off before age 30...now I'm about to turn 35...so it's time to get back on the wagon! I was on Atkins in the past, now I've been on my own diet plan since March, based on a Vegan diet. It is similar to Atkins in that I eat a low sugar/low processed food plan. I am NOT vegan- lol...that would be a difficult WOE to follow (for me, anyways) And I recently re-joined the gym...just trying to get back on track!
I like Lowcarbfriends because of the amazing support here...especially the Century Club posts. I won't be able to post daily because I no longer have internet connection at home and I do not have a smartphone. I even got rid of cable this year...which has been my best friend for years (lol) so I've made a lot of changes which I hope are positive ones. I left the internet partially for financial reasons, but also I spent too much time online. And so, I hope to check in at least once a week. Thanks you guys and have a great day!!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote