Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #271
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeresaM
Stats: 256/241/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/25/2014
Joanne - we missed that storm too - YAY - BUT the wind is crazy here! There is dirt/sand blowing all over the place. I hope we don't lose power.....that won't be fun. I know you just experienced that. It is very cold here too because of the wind. When is spring going to arrive????? WOW
TeresaM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessworth
Stats: 262/252/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 03/05/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesika1208 View Post
So I was wondering if anyone has used the Atkins bars and shakes for long periods of time? I've noticed that since I've started using them I'm basically stalled at my weight, anyone else have issues with this? They are so yummy, but if they are helping, they have to go
Personally, I refuse to eat those bars and shakes. IMO, it's better to eat real food, than frankenfoods. Also, those bars and shakes cause many people to stall.
jessworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Teresa, how miserable. I hope you enjoyed your trip a little anyway. The dr said my husband would likely need a knee replacement someday.

Teresa, that is weird that they would just come out like that. Were you doing something strenuous? That is kind of scary. I hope you feel better soon.

I ate my last atkins bar today and don't plan on buying anymore if it gets me out of this stall. I loved grabbing one for breakfast since that's my hardest meal. I skip it if I don't have something really handy I can eat.

I still haven't started exercising yet. I am debating between 2 gyms. They both have pros and cons and are about the same price. I need to get my butt in gear. I'm leaning toward the gym that is really close to my house. I think I might be more likely to go if it's not too far to drive. But the other gym has water aerobics. Then I wouldn't be going to 2 places. Decisions, decisions.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #274
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jesika1208
Stats: 228/222/130
WOE: Atikins
Start Date: March 17, 2014
Jess- I know they're fake but they are just so good lol. I did some research today and all the things I read made them sound awful health wise. I guess I've just got to buckle down and get real with the weight loss!
Jesika1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
I'll have an Atkins coffee shake a couple of times a week, but the bars or even the sugar free candies, I'll keep away from. Those suckers will stall you like crazy! TOM is when I crave for chocolates and I will buy the SF Hershey ones and end up stalled that whole week, then back on 20 carbs a day Atkins 72' style, but I've added more vegetables and even fresh fruit to the daily intake. I'd rather have a slice of watermelon with a squeeze of lime and dash of salt, than to have an actual donut or ice cream bar. I'm ending my 3rd month of being on Atkins and I'm stickin' to it no matter what...
March 6, 2014 -- 231.0
April 6, 2014 -- ???.?
Goal: June 1st -- 200lbs
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

good to know that the Hershey is no better, that'll save me some disappointment!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Teresa...I can't even imagine what having your ribs do that must have felt like. Glad they finally discovered what was going on. I'm surprised the chiropractor didn't catch it. Basically, an osteopathic Dr. uses the same manipulation that a chiro does. Hmmmm......You might be better off going to the osteopath the next time you need an adjustment on anything if she includes that in her practice. Hope all is better soon.

Lauren....I like your hair in your avatar. Did you change it? Happy Anniv. KUTGW...

Joanne....Glad the cheese helped. If you like garlic, a little garlic powder is good too. Once I took the leftover squash, fried it in butter with some minced garlic, sprinkled on salt, pepper, and the Kraft grated Parmesan cheese and it was really good. I gotta get one of those 1 mile DVDs. With this weather I just don't walk outdoors. The most walking I get in is at the grocery store and when I vacuum.

Sammi....Purses, huh? I "used" to have a shoe habit. But that was years ago. Since I retired, it's mainly New Balance or Reeboks. I definitely go for comfort WAY more often than fashion now.

Jesika....One thing that might be holding you back is going by the "net" carb count in the bars instead of the "actual" carb count. My youngest daughter is diabetic and the carbs that raise her blood sugar are even the so-called fiber ones. She has to go by the actual carb count in what she eats. I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein that I get at Netrition and use it as a meal substitute. There's no yucky after-taste. It's REALLY good. I have read several places that Soy protein messes with the thyroid and since I'm hypothyroid I avoid ALL soy products. When I have one "low-carb" meal mid day and one shake, I lose. My problem is going out to eat or straying away from low-carb foods at a friend's house.

Is there good weather anywhere in the U.S. right now? We are way colder than normal and the winds have been horrible. Today is cold, rainy, and windy. YUCK!!! I guess we're lucky it isn't snow or ice though.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/231/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Judy - LOVE garlic ! I'll try that next time, thanks ... re: walking, hey groceries and vacuuming count !!! Check out YouTube, if you put "Exercise TV walking" in the search bar, a bunch of stuff comes up. My TV provider lets me stream YouTube from the TV so that's kind of nice, but from the computer works too..

Hip resection surgery is a week from today ... trying not to stress out about it

Hope everyone has a great day ... cold here but at least the sun is shining
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
jaz - because I love my water aerobics - I would say go for the gym with everything.....

fattybobatty - I also enjoy the Atkins bars... I still have a few but when I get rid of these... I will not be buying anymore of them....and I agree I would rather have a slice of watermelon (I watermelon) than have one of those bars..

truly upset with myself.... was trying sooo hard and then just went off the rails.... think that is why I have not been posting.... just so ashamed of myself.... I want this sooo much... and only have 7 1/2 weeks until I go to Michigan.... and I really blew it...

but really trying to get back on track.... no junk food in my home... and measuring everything..... and today did 1 1/2 hour of my water aerobics... really felt good but a tad tired... and this afternoon going to do my walking tape... will try for the two mile... will see if I can do 2 miles...I know that I have to really set up my exercise to get my weight off.... I just have to get my mind set in place...... thanks for letting me vent...

hpe that everyone has a great day....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #280
Junior LCF Member

Judy- that's really good to know, thank you for the tip!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

I have about 3 months until a 2 day concert festival I'm attending. I really need to put it into high gear. I would like to lose a pant size in that time. I have a lot of cute clothes that I can't squeeze myself into and more that are even smaller. It's depressing to think these fit me not so long ago. My motivation went out the window. Hopefully I've got it back.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #282
Junior LCF Member

Jazlyn- I feel ya! I had a bag of my old clothes that I went through in February. It was had for me to remember being a size 7 (that was my smallest) and then there were some 10's and I though holy moley I'd like to just be a 10 again! I'd really just like to get to the point where i can put on shorts in the summer and not feel gross :P
Old 03-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I ordered the Leslie Sansone: Walk Away The Pounds - Ultimate Collection (With Resistance Band) DVD. It has the 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, and 4 mile walks on 1 DVD plus a resistance band. I will be able to pick it up at the store on April 10th. Starting Monday, I am going to do the 1 mile on my computer until the DVD gets here. Got too much going on today and this weekend to start it now. I don't want to start and then quit for a couple of days.

I haven't been doing very well. Am thinking this might give me the "won't" power I need. I have plenty of "will" power....as in, I "will" eat what I shouldn't. Now I need "won't" power....as in, I "won't eat what I shouldn't.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning,

Judy I love Leslie Sansone's DVDS. I think she is very uplifting and positive.
I cannot eat the Atkins bars. I never lose on those. I bought quite a few of the different Atkins shakes and I noticed I tend to lose much faster without them. I haven't had one in three days. I tried this before years ago and it gave me the same results, no weight loss. Everyone's body is different though, mine just goes into a deep stall.
Teresa are you feeling better?

Have a great Friday ladies!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #285
Junior LCF Member

Judy- that's deep lol but very inspiring! I've never heard of Leslie Sanone, but I will check into it because I've got to get some exercise

Sammi- I have an entire draw full of atkins bars and tons of shake..and they speak to me every day! Luckily I have one of those skinny friends who eat everything and never gain willing to take them off my hands!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

:venting :
My granddaughter is helping me today. She loves the "balls".
Old 03-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
:venting :
My granddaughter is helping me today. She loves the "balls".
HAHAHAHA !!! That's awesome !!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

I asked her what the guy with the guitar was doing and she said, "He's doing rock and roll." lol

I gained 2 lbs today. How does that happen? Oh, yeah. When I don't stick to PLAN! Today I have renewed motivation. It helped when my gf (who just had liposuction) was sitting next to me all skinny last night. ( she was thin even before the liposuction) Everyone was planning on boating this summer and maybe a trip to Cancun. All I could think about was how I could cover myself up when we go while my gf will be in her bikini.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Hi all hope everyone is having a good weekend

Feeling a little stressed, mostly because I am trying to finish up this online class before surgery next week - AND thinking about the surgery next week - but surprisingly, that feeling is NOT driving me straight to the fridge. I'm really grateful for that

Back to the books ...
Old 03-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Hi everybody!
well it's Sunday....always a sad day for me ---hate that the weekend is over ah well...what can you do? well maybe continue buying powerball tickets so maybe I'll win - heheheheh
I started my new job last Friday. I LOVE it!!! my new boss took me out to a really nice lunch. I had brought my lunch but how can you turn down a free lunch with your new boss. So I ordered a salad - 1 piece of grilled chicken - 1 whole egg and blue cheese. I ate about half. It was a huge salad. I think that was the best choice.....
SO I started Atkins Feb 25th - I lost 16 lbs in the first two weeks. That is fantastic. The problem is its now March 30th and I haven't lost any more....NOTHING.....I think I have been way more than enough patient with "a stall" - I'm really starting to worry now because I am getting really discouraged.....extremely discouraged. I read on this forum that some people stall eating sausage - or too much cheese - or not enough water. I'm going to drink more water - quit eating sausage (in my morning eggs) - I will watch my cheese intake and eat less than 4oz.......anybody else stalled? I'm stuck at 240 lb.........
Old 03-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Theresa - KUDOS on the 16 pounds !! That's awesome !! And sounds like your new job is going to be wonderful.

I'm not doing Atkins, but I've read on here that the "Stall" is pretty common. Try not to get discouraged, I'm sure some who have more experience will chime in

Finally warming up a bit here, and with the rain most of the snow is gone. Saw robins, bluejays and cardinals in the yard this morning... made me smile !!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #292
Junior LCF Member

Teresa- a few years ago when I did atkins I dropped almost 25 lbs in two weeks, when I moved to phase 2 I stalled, so I started over. I went right back to phase one and did exactly as I did the first time, after that I went through the phases just fine with only a few stalls that lasted a few days. Have you added foods or more carbs since your first two weeks?
Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #293
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesika1208 View Post
Teresa- a few years ago when I did atkins I dropped almost 25 lbs in two weeks, when I moved to phase 2 I stalled, so I started over. I went right back to phase one and did exactly as I did the first time, after that I went through the phases just fine with only a few stalls that lasted a few days. Have you added foods or more carbs since your first two weeks?
Jesika - I feel like I've been right on plan the whole time. The only thing I did add in is - some vegetables (broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, the basic salad with lettuce, cukes, green pepper and onion - nothing more than these veggies). Sometimes I add in green olives which I'm pretty sure is allowed. I use a salad dressing with 2 or less carbs. I'm not eating tons of them but I feel like just meat is too much. For the first time since Feb 25th tonight I ate a burrito bowl from Chipotle Grill. I'm just so discouraged so I ate the white rice and black beans and salsa - I had eaten there before sticking to plan by omitting the rice and using the lettuce instead. not tonight though.
I expect to get up tomorrow and go back on plan. My day usually consists of:
2 eggs and bacon for breakfast (I was adding sausage balls to the eggs but have decided to not eat any form of sausage going forward)
3 egg salad with mayo and a bunch of spices - sometimes I will eat left over dinner meat or tuna salad with mayo
meat for dinner with the green salad above and sometimes veggies that I also listed above.
I was sometimes eating genoa salami with cream cheese - not excessive though. I did read that somebody complained of a stall eating this so I will remove this from my plan as well......
Old 03-31-2014, 08:44 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone.

Well, I stocked my house with LC food. It sure is more expensive to eat right. My weight is the same. I still haven't chosen a gym. My family is committed to go with me so that should make it easier. (unless we talk each other out of going instead of going. lol)
Old 04-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

.......A new month....let's make it count!!

Teresa....When I eat sausage (of just about any kind) I gain. Check the calorie counts on those puppies. If you haven't, you will be surprised. I bought some chicken/asiago sausages from Sams and even those are 180 cals each. I have to keep my calories below 1000 since my metabolism is so whacked and I am pretty sedentary since I retired. I'm hoping the nicer weather will help motivate me to walk outside. My walking DVD should be here soon and I plan to do it when I can't get outdoors. Mayo is another LC food that I have to be careful with...even the full-fat/low-carb salad dressings can "get you" if you aren't careful. It's SO easy to use more than you think you are using unless you measure them. It's best to stay away from the processed meats if possible....like Salami, Pepperoni, etc. Another thing that doesn't make me very happy is....most "diets" don't consider it a "real" stall unless it has lasted 3 months!! SO....hang in there, keep at it, and it will happen. I have to keep telling myself that I didn't put this weight on in a few months (or even a year) so why do I get discouraged when it isn't all gone in a few months?

Jazlyn....I find it is actually cheaper in the long run to eat this way since I don't buy junk food and a lot of other things. I do eat eggs for brunch quite often and almost always get them on sale. Got some yesterday. 18 eggs for $1.45. That makes 6 meals for me and is REALLY inexpensive. I get bacon when it's on sale and freeze it....the same with shredded cheese. They recently had Kraft shredded cheese for $1.25 for an 8oz. pkg if 5 were bought. Got 15 pkgs for less than $20. Good buy. I either just fry the eggs or make a cheese/onion/meat omelet.

Gotta get this old fat butt moving. I've got a full day today. Have a good day, my friends and KUTGW...We CAN do this!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Maybe I spent so much because I bought a lot of meat. Hopefully it will go down in the long run. I usually make a lot of pasta and rice dishes, which are really cheap. Now my family has to eat healthy. lol

I'm down 5 lbs since Monday. I love the first few, quick losing days even though I know it's water.

I'm finally signing up for the gym today at noon and then I'll exercise. I will be going 1 mph and gasping for air but it has to be done.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
Maybe I spent so much because I bought a lot of meat. Hopefully it will go down in the long run. I usually make a lot of pasta and rice dishes, which are really cheap. Now my family has to eat healthy. lol

I'm down 5 lbs since Monday. I love the first few, quick losing days even though I know it's water.

I'm finally signing up for the gym today at noon and then I'll exercise. I will be going 1 mph and gasping for air but it has to be done.

Have a great day everyone!

1 mph is better than sitting on your butt.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Who needs a chuckle?? I know I do....

Old 04-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Morning all ..

Theresa .. +1 on what Judy said .. I do better staying off or really limiting the processed stuff.. hang in there

Judy - Love the "Brand New Day" graphic ! Made me smile

Jaz - way to go on the gym and the 5 pounds ! As for the food bill, I hear ya ... at first it seemed like there was no way I could afford to eat like this, but once I tweaked my menu plan and only bought what I needed, it became more manageable

Hip surgery is tomorrow so no clue when I'll be getting back on here... wishing you all the best in your journey until I return to read all about it !

Jo
Old 04-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi Ladies

Joanne, best wishes on your surgery day. I hope you heal fast!
Jaz, good job on the 5 pound weight loss.
Judy, your graphic made me laugh. Too funny!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote