Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   300+ Support Group★DECEMBER TO REMEMBER★ 2013 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/817883-300-support-group-december-remember-2013-a.html)

debkeversole 11-30-2013 05:43 PM

300+ Support Group★DECEMBER TO REMEMBER★ 2013
 
300+ Support Group★DECEMBER TO REMEMBER★ 2013


:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welc ome:

We are a group of Men and Women, most of whom weigh or have weighed over 300 pounds at some point. We post here to give or to get support, share our daily struggles and victories. Everyone is WELCOME! regardless of size! or Program! We encourage all you LURKERS to come on in and post!!!
WELCOME!!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...CnfAuC2DTdIRhj

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...IA0arxiQ99rZad
http://lakemerrittdancecenter.org/months/December1.gif
http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/t...n/december.gif

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...SJMQiN_zI_5vAS

debkeversole 11-30-2013 05:49 PM


December, 2013-2014 Bizarre and Unique Holidays


For 2014 Dates: scroll down below 2013 dates.

Month:

Bingo Month
Write a Friend Month
December, 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

1 Eat a Red Apple Day

1 World Aids Awareness Day

2 National Fritters Day

3 National Roof over Your Head Day

4 Santas' List Day - we hope you are on the "Nice" list

4 Wear Brown Shoes Day

5 Bathtub Party Day

5 Repeal Day - The 21st Amendment ends Prohibition. I'll drink to that!

6 St. Nicholas Day

6 Mitten Tree Day

6 Put on your own Shoes Day

7 International Civil Aviation Day

7 Letter Writing Day

7 National Cotton Candy Day - would you like some fairy floss?

7 Pearl Harbor Day

8 International Children's Day - Second Sunday in December

8 National Brownie Day

8 Take it in the Ear Day

9 Christmas Card Day

9 National Pastry Day

10 Human Rights Day

11 National Noodle Ring Day

12 National Ding-a-Ling Day

12 Poinsettia Day

13 Ice Cream Day

13 Violin Day

14 National Bouillabaisse Day

15 Bill of Rights Day

15 National Lemon Cupcake Day

16 National Chocolate Covered Anything Day

17 National Maple Syrup Day

18 Bake Cookies Day

18 National Roast Suckling Pig Day

19 Look for an Evergreen Day

19 Oatmeal Muffin Day

20 Go Caroling Day

21 Forefather's Day

21 Humbug Day

21 National Flashlight Day

21 Look on the Bright Side Day

22 National Date Nut Bread Day - or September 8!?

23 Festivus - for the rest of us

23 Roots Day

24 National Chocolate Day

24 National Egg Nog Day

25 Christmas Day

25 National Pumpkin Pie Day for recipes see Pumpkin Nook 's Cookbook

26 Boxing Day

27 Make Cut Out Snowflakes Day

27 National Fruitcake Day

28 Card Playing Day

29 Pepper Pot Day

30 National Bicarbonate of Soda Day

31 Make Up Your Mind Day

31 New Year's Eve

31 Unlucky Day

debkeversole 11-30-2013 05:50 PM

my angel and her adoring Papaw!
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...22189966_n.jpg

MaryMary 11-30-2013 06:17 PM

Precious little angel
:aprayer:

debkeversole 11-30-2013 06:50 PM

oh thank you Mary! we think so but i know i am biased! she is certainly one very much loved baby girl!
how are you doing?? been soo cold here

MaryMary 12-01-2013 03:08 AM

Doing ok, it's been pretty cold up here too in New Hampshire.

Kath17 12-01-2013 05:09 AM

Molly looks so sweet ! There's nothing like holding a new baby:)

December is finally here!! I really do like this time of year. I completely get into the sappy christmas movies and shows. Drinking hot cups of tea, cuddling under a warm blanket (only wish there was someone to cuddle with)!:sad:

I spent most of the past 2 days reading . I feel like I hardly ever read arymore. It felt great to get lost in a story!

Today I'm going to finish my outside holiday lights:)

Kathy

debkeversole 12-01-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath17 (Post 16701544)
Molly looks so sweet ! There's nothing like holding a new baby:)

December is finally here!! I really do like this time of year. I completely get into the sappy christmas movies and shows. Drinking hot cups of tea, cuddling under a warm blanket (only wish there was someone to cuddle with)!:sad:

I spent most of the past 2 days reading . I feel like I hardly ever read arymore. It felt great to get lost in a story!

Today I'm going to finish my outside holiday lights:)

Kathy

thank you! and YES love the winter ! i listen to Christmas music all year long:o used to love when my boys got snow days! we had such fun! i have 7 cats soo there is always someone to cuddle with ;) we gotta get some of our lights up too and take Steven back to college today READING is awesome! i am glad you got some time to do so! i read every night before going to sleep that is a LOT of the "clutter" in my house BOOKS everywhere!:lol: plus i have 2 kindles( my son works at a an electronics recycling place and found one in perfect shape someone threw away is how i got 2 :D early christmas present)
now the kindle will never replace print books for me it is a lot easier to take with me to kens doctor appointments and things KWIM?
Morning HAPPY DECEMBER!

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...17819918_n.jpg

WHAT is everyone up to today?/ i hope all our friends can check in soon!
and i hope we all get some winter miracles this mon th

Keepingawake 12-01-2013 11:21 AM

Hello everyone!

My trip was AMAZING and I returned to have a great Thanksgiving with my family. I hope everyone is ready for December. It's jam packed for me with work, holidays (including my birthday), and lots of challenges. I normally like to bake, but I'm not sure I can handle the temptation this year. I hope everyone is doing well today!

debkeversole 12-01-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keepingawake (Post 16701914)
Hello everyone!

My trip was AMAZING and I returned to have a great Thanksgiving with my family. I hope everyone is ready for December. It's jam packed for me with work, holidays (including my birthday), and lots of challenges. I normally like to bake, but I'm not sure I can handle the temptation this year. I hope everyone is doing well today!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: i am soo happy you had a great time!

chewiegand 12-01-2013 01:49 PM

Happy December. I've not been feeling the best these last few days. Plus it's back to work tomorrow and trying to adjust to ft hours.

We got all our Christmas boxes down from the attic. Dh bought a live to plant tree and will be picking it up next weekend. I'm not sure if we will have just that one or put up our fake one too. I'm thinking I will do a bit of decorating every evening when I get home.

Eliza_Jazz 12-01-2013 02:49 PM

Hi everyone! :hiya: Can't believe it's December already. Deb, you are missed over at Banned Camp. :)

Baby Mollykins is absolutely precious <3

debkeversole 12-01-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewiegand (Post 16702082)
Happy December. I've not been feeling the best these last few days. Plus it's back to work tomorrow and trying to adjust to ft hours.

We got all our Christmas boxes down from the attic. Dh bought a live to plant tree and will be picking it up next weekend. I'm not sure if we will have just that one or put up our fake one too. I'm thinking I will do a bit of decorating every evening when I get home.

oh that sounds so nice Chewie! i bet it will smell wonderful! and yes if you have room put up another tree!
we used to put up a lot but this year we will be lucky to get one up

debkeversole 12-01-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz (Post 16702133)
Hi everyone! :hiya: Can't believe it's December already. Deb, you are missed over at Banned Camp. :)

Baby Mollykins is absolutely precious <3

Howdy Eliza i miss you too

BrandiLee72 12-01-2013 06:39 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Brandi and I live here in NY. I am very new to this site...... not even sure how it all works....... can't even figure out how to do my profile...lol well I am currently at 315.5 and i have only lost 10.5 since October 28, but I am sticking with it! I look forward to getting to know all of you! Have a wonderful week!

debkeversole 12-01-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandiLee72 (Post 16702387)
Hi everyone! My name is Brandi and I live here in NY. I am very new to this site...... not even sure how it all works....... can't even figure out how to do my profile...lol well I am currently at 315.5 and i have only lost 10.5 since October 28, but I am sticking with it! I look forward to getting to know all of you! Have a wonderful week!

WELCOME Brandi! JUMP RIGHT IN!:shake::welcome::welcome:

debkeversole 12-01-2013 06:42 PM

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...35309723_n.jpg

Eliza_Jazz 12-01-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debkeversole (Post 16702354)
Howdy Eliza i miss you too

You need to stop by Banned Camp :)

Eliza_Jazz 12-01-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandiLee72 (Post 16702387)
Hi everyone! My name is Brandi and I live here in NY. I am very new to this site...... not even sure how it all works....... can't even figure out how to do my profile...lol well I am currently at 315.5 and i have only lost 10.5 since October 28, but I am sticking with it! I look forward to getting to know all of you! Have a wonderful week!

:welcome: Brandi! :hiya:

debkeversole 12-01-2013 08:12 PM

http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/73...71dfa3c596.jpg

Kath17 12-02-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandiLee72 (Post 16702387)
Hi everyone! My name is Brandi and I live here in NY. I am very new to this site...... not even sure how it all works....... can't even figure out how to do my profile...lol well I am currently at 315.5 and i have only lost 10.5 since October 28, but I am sticking with it! I look forward to getting to know all of you! Have a wonderful week!

Welcome, Brandi! :) I haven't been on here too long either, but everyone here is so supportive and friendly. Just feel free to post and get to know everyone! Congrats on the 10.5lbs.:welcome:

Deb, I love your eeyore pic; he looks so sad and cute :-)

Kathy

debkeversole 12-02-2013 08:59 AM

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Monday up and at em! eek

and i sleep in until way past 10!:p
i GOTTA get these Thanksgiving decorations put away Ken is going to have the neighbor look at the van for him it was shaking really bad on the way to EKU yesterday

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...54214959_n.jpg

debkeversole 12-02-2013 11:52 AM

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...60069754_n.jpg

debkeversole 12-02-2013 01:07 PM

gah i have been telling Ken i smelled something under the house of course no no you don't
well now we have blowmolds all over the yard and YEAH we need the septic tank pumped SIGH i have to figure out how a truck can get over there AND figure out how to find the opening with Ken nor I able to dig much with sa shovel Ken is torn all to pieces about this

debkeversole 12-02-2013 01:30 PM

oh good grief 200 bucks! we found one of the access ports on the tank WHEW been a long time since i have shoveled that much

Kath17 12-02-2013 06:37 PM

Deb, that does not sound like a fun day!

I had a difficult day today. Some news came to me about some people from my past that threw me off a bit. I spent my drive into work crying and basically feeling really alone.

This is the kind of stuff that sends me to change my eating habits. While today I didn't feel like eating much I did force myself to eat 3 clean meals. I know this week will be struggle to not reach towards comfort foods to avoid feeling or thinking.

The past couple of weeks I've been feeling a bit more confident and a liitle more comfortable in my own skin; those are uncomfortable feelings for me. That confidence has vanished today; even though it's uncomfortable I know I need to work back to that and away from feeling so unworthy of anything positive. It amazes me how much power I give to things I should move on from. My goal for tomorrow is to stay out of my head.

Kathy

debkeversole 12-02-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath17 (Post 16703706)
Deb, that does not sound like a fun day!

I had a difficult day today. Some news came to me about some people from my past that threw me off a bit. I spent my drive into work crying and basically feeling really alone.

This is the kind of stuff that sends me to change my eating habits. While today I didn't feel like eating much I did force myself to eat 3 clean meals. I know this week will be struggle to not reach towards comfort foods to avoid feeling or thinking.

The past couple of weeks I've been feeling a bit more confident and a liitle more comfortable in my own skin; those are uncomfortable feelings for me. That confidence has vanished today; even though it's uncomfortable I know I need to work back to that and away from feeling so unworthy of anything positive. It amazes me how much power I give to things I should move on from. My goal for tomorrow is to stay out of my head.

Kathy

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: HANG IN THERE KATHY don't let it derail you! IF a slip up happens just get right back at it next meal you can do this and stress is hard!
one good thin g my neighbor helped Ken by checking out the van it was a belt in the tire broken and he changed the tire to the back and brought the back one forward soo my van is good to go and our neighbor did not charge Ken! whoohoo
sigh then Kenny calls and he has been laid off work IDK for how long or permanently SIGH he did NOT need this right now with Molly not even a month old fingers crossed he has been there long enough for unemployment at least BUT tn unemployment i don't think will be enough to make his rent and car payment and he is on a lease until march i think:stars::cry:

debkeversole 12-02-2013 08:36 PM

http://allhatnocattle.net/blog7/wp-c...13245511_n.jpg

good night all!

Keepingawake 12-02-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath17 (Post 16703706)
Deb, that does not sound like a fun day!

I had a difficult day today. Some news came to me about some people from my past that threw me off a bit. I spent my drive into work crying and basically feeling really alone.

This is the kind of stuff that sends me to change my eating habits. While today I didn't feel like eating much I did force myself to eat 3 clean meals. I know this week will be struggle to not reach towards comfort foods to avoid feeling or thinking.

The past couple of weeks I've been feeling a bit more confident and a liitle more comfortable in my own skin; those are uncomfortable feelings for me. That confidence has vanished today; even though it's uncomfortable I know I need to work back to that and away from feeling so unworthy of anything positive. It amazes me how much power I give to things I should move on from. My goal for tomorrow is to stay out of my head.

Kathy

Kathy, I totally get this -- in fact, it's how I often ate before stating this WOE. You are strong and powerful. When I find myself going to this place, I make myself a cup of tea and treat myself to some TV or a book. Good luck! We are all here with you!

debkeversole 12-03-2013 08:24 AM

good mornign everyone back to digging over the septic Ken wants to see if we can find the smaller access port and see if we are strong enough to open that one


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 AM.