Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandiLee72
Stats: 326/308.5/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I am down another 2 lbs today! woohooooo.... I'm on a roll! Hang in there all..... we can do this!........ wishing you all a successful week!
BrandiLee72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiLee72 View Post
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I am down another 2 lbs today! woohooooo.... I'm on a roll! Hang in there all..... we can do this!........ wishing you all a successful week!
great job!

GAH can NOT get either lid off this tank!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #33

well good news and terrible news and it is all the same news

neighbors tractor got the lid off the septic tank DOES NOT NEED PUMPED soo 200 bucks saved that way 9
that MEANS somewhere under the old part of the House the sewer line has became disconnected or split very very low under there no way me Kenny or Steven will fit and Ken says he will do it omg if it was pristine under there he could not do it and it is full of sewer stuff PLUS he is soo sick and just plain not able IDK what to do PLUS i hate to tell my poor husband but he aint as thin as he once was IDK if he would fit and WHAT would i do if he got stuck?????

we built the new part of the house where i can easily get under all of it and that shower bathtub and washer goes to a grey water tank and the toilet has a different entrance to the septic tank. while we had it open we tested the new one and it goes into the septic fine . so we are ok on that
just wonder how long i can do dishes in the bathtub!??? we could close off this old bathroom completely but dang nab i need my kitchen sink and i reallly really like the dishwasher
please keep Ken in your thoughts all this is driving him crazy and makes it worse if he was "normal" he would have already gotten under there KWIM? frustrates him not being able to DO his normal stuff
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Deb- So sorry about your septic troubles. Been there and it's nasty and expensive. I know what you mean; my DH almost got stuck once under our friends house trying to shore up the bathroom floor.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

OK. That posted so I'll try again. I wrote a long post this morning and it said server busy. So, I lost the whole thing!!
Deb- As always, a beautiful job on our page. Thank you so much for starting us off!!!

Brandi!! Love getting new people!

Keep- So glad you had a great trip and fun with your family!!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Kathy- I think it just comes with the season.

Sorry to have been MIA but I have had company, been traveling to dinners or cooking for dinners since the Sunday before Thanksgiving! My blood work came back and the doc took me off my triglycerides med and we'll check levels again in 6 months. Yay! I had a mole removed from my side yesterday and a biopsy done on a spot on my leg. She wasn't real concerned about them but wanted to be sure.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

I did not eat ANY sugar during holidays. So proud of myself. Each dinner seemed to have more desserts than the one before! I made a LC Strawberry Cheesecake for one dinner and it was 'pretty' good.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Kathy- I think it just comes with the season.

Sorry to have been MIA but I have had company, been traveling to dinners or cooking for dinners since the Sunday before Thanksgiving! My blood work came back and the doc took me off my triglycerides med and we'll check levels again in 6 months. Yay! I had a mole removed from my side yesterday and a biopsy done on a spot on my leg. She wasn't real concerned about them but wanted to be sure.
oh that all sounds wonderful Jan! i am glad you had a good holiday!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #39

Quote:
I did not eat ANY sugar during holidays. So proud of myself. Each dinner seemed to have more desserts than the one before! I made a LC Strawberry Cheesecake for one dinner and it was 'pretty' good.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #40

Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
The best thing I can say about the past couple of days is that I've been doing good with food even though I've been upset. I'm pleasantly surprised by myself. I keep reminding myself I am in control of my own actions and am stronger than letting anything throw me off course!

Kathy
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Great Kathy!

Deb- That sweet little Molly has already changed since her first pics! Fox changes every time I see him. I got to spend a lot of time with him and that was so wonderful!!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #43

Quote:
Great Kathy!

Deb- That sweet little Molly has already changed since her first pics! Fox changes every time I see him. I got to spend a lot of time with him and that was so wonderful!!

where is everyone?/ i have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and i swear i have not gotten anything done

soo ken and i get up get everything ready to run to town GAH takes a couple HOURS just in the STORE got some lime to try to put under the house by pipe to see if we can dissolve some of that stuff before Ken even attempts to get under there THANK GOODNESS i was able to talk him into waiting i told him we would close off this bathroom and i would wash dishes in dish pans heck we all used to do it that way and i can carry the dish water out the the back of the yard to dump it SOO for at LEAST the next week we are way way off plan got all microwavable foods and paper plates cups and forks i told him we could could steak on the grill so we wouldn't use any pans that would have to be washed fingers crossed we can get it a bit dryer under there. STILL would have the problem of crawling all the way through there but MAYBE it would not have to be through all that MUCK! Steven should be home about the middle of next week and i am thinking of digging an access tunnel back there would save the long crawl but there is NO way Ken and I could dig it by ourselves

have not heard from Kenny and Ashley i do know they are up here at her parents SIGH and my baby will be a month old tomorrow .. the labels i made her to take her monthly pictures with i KNOW are at their apartment in knoxville they BETTER not miss taking that!
SUPPOSED to start raining tomorrow and rain/snow all the way through the weekend . this will be the first Christmas parade(sunday) that Steven won't be at since he was born*sniff* i do miss having my babies here
Old 12-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Deb, I hope Ken will be patient enough until next week to wait on that tunnel.

Kathy
Old 12-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
Deb, I hope Ken will be patient enough until next week to wait on that tunnel.

Kathy
thaank you so much Kathy!
he just has too the little bit wee shoveled just uncovering the septic tank has him WORN OUT! we settled in oh about an hour ago to atch tv and me surf the internet and now i am back to having to help him get up to go to the bathroom etc he wants soo much to be well

i don't even know if a tunnel would be feasible but seems to me like it would be much better than crawling 40 feet under the house the pipe is right along side the back wall of the house

so anything new with you?? how is your weather?/ one of my friends out west has single digits today and is snowed in!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Deb, no snow here. It's been mild here this week (40's). I'd love to have snow, should be getting some rain today and tomorrow. Rain is not my friend. One part of my roof is in bad shape so everytime it rains A LOT of water comes in. Theres been so much damage, but will be 30k to fix all. They literrally have to rebuild a part of the house. Thats not something I can afford, and the claim I had put in to insurance just covered a little over 1k. My mom offered to pay for it, but it's everything she has and have been having such a hard time committing to use that money. I had gotten quotes a couple of months ago, but again I couldn't commit to spendjng her money. So here we are with rain and soon snow and ugh it all stresses me out. Sometimes I really think owning a home is too much for me to handle. It was my grandmothees house that I bought after she passed, it's an old house, but has a lot of serious issues, but still I do like it. I know I'm just rambling just not looking forward to more rain again.

On the lighter side, I took next Monday and Tuesday off, so I have a long weekend coming up!! Can't wait, just have to get through two more long days at work. Im working on a huge project at work by myself which needs to be done by April, been working on it, but have barely made a dent in it. I won't be able to take any more time off until I get this done. I know I'll be putting in a lot of extra hours and completely focused on it. So, really looking forward to these couple of days. :-)

Kathy
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
Deb, no snow here. It's been mild here this week (40's). I'd love to have snow, should be getting some rain today and tomorrow. Rain is not my friend. One part of my roof is in bad shape so everytime it rains A LOT of water comes in. Theres been so much damage, but will be 30k to fix all. They literrally have to rebuild a part of the house. Thats not something I can afford, and the claim I had put in to insurance just covered a little over 1k. My mom offered to pay for it, but it's everything she has and have been having such a hard time committing to use that money. I had gotten quotes a couple of months ago, but again I couldn't commit to spendjng her money. So here we are with rain and soon snow and ugh it all stresses me out. Sometimes I really think owning a home is too much for me to handle. It was my grandmothees house that I bought after she passed, it's an old house, but has a lot of serious issues, but still I do like it. I know I'm just rambling just not looking forward to more rain again.

On the lighter side, I took next Monday and Tuesday off, so I have a long weekend coming up!! Can't wait, just have to get through two more long days at work. Im working on a huge project at work by myself which needs to be done by April, been working on it, but have barely made a dent in it. I won't be able to take any more time off until I get this done. I know I'll be putting in a lot of extra hours and completely focused on it. So, really looking forward to these couple of days. :-)

Kathy
oh i am so very sorry to hear that!! is there anyone you can trust to put up and secure a large tarp across the roof?? when my moms house was damaged from hail storms we had a huge one stretched across the top and it really kept out the water until we could get it covered in roofing metal
if the rafters are sound would not take someone who knew what they were doing very long and would at least keep the rain and snow out that is soo scary i wish there was a way i could help you geeze a lou 30k is a LOT!!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #48

Ken and i got the tree decorated today a full week after Thanksgiving sigh

my Mollykins is one month old today i have not seen her since last week dang it
they are at the other grandparents i am afraid they have moved back in with Ashley's parents Kenny is doing under the table logging for someone there and it is scaring me to DEATH
HOT here today 70s whew and Steven said it is pouring the rain at EKU
Old 12-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Pouring rain and in the 70's here too. Yuck! I went with DSis to lunch today. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I don't eat off plan and November has pretty much a wash. I have lost and gained 3 lbs over and over. Don't know what to do.

So sorry about your roof Kathy! I agree with Deb; a tarp can do wonders. We have one over the carport and it will have to do for this winter. New roof on house 3 years ago.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #50

Quote:
Pouring rain and in the 70's here too. Yuck! I went with DSis to lunch today. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I don't eat off plan and November has pretty much a wash. I have lost and gained 3 lbs over and over. Don't know what to do.

So sorry about your roof Kathy! I agree with Deb; a tarp can do wonders. We have one over the carport and it will have to do for this winter. New roof on house 3 years ago.
HANG IN THERE we call that a tighten and repair time! your skin needs time to catch up! keep at it and things will start to move again look over everything for hidden sugars and up your water
lol we haven't had a water cll here for a while!
WATER CALL! when one is posted everyone get 4 or 8 oz of water and drink it! good reminder
have you ever done a meat and egg fast?? just meat and eggs for like 3 days and it seems to jump start some people there is a thread on it around here somewhere i will look for it and post it if i find it
RAIN RAIN RAIN!! and it is supposed to be 30 degrees colder tomorrow than today we are under a flood watch
Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #51

Old 12-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Deb! I needed to hear that. What can you use to cook eggs? Butter?Can you have coffee? Cream? Sweetener? Oh, you have to look it up. You always make me feel better.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

I have a question! is cream cheese okay on induction? I can't seem to find a cream cheese that doesn't have a small trace of sugar! I am down another 2 lbs, and feeling good..... but getting a lil bored with food options.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #54

Quote:
Thanks Deb! I needed to hear that. What can you use to cook eggs? Butter?Can you have coffee? Cream? Sweetener? Oh, you have to look it up. You always make me feel better.
i would use butter and also the HWC in y coffee basically high fat days
even in phase 3 of HCG the correction days when you gain 2 pounds are basically like it like a whole roasted cheicken the fattier the better or all eggs etc i will look it up for you
Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiLee72 View Post
I have a question! is cream cheese okay on induction? I can't seem to find a cream cheese that doesn't have a small trace of sugar! I am down another 2 lbs, and feeling good..... but getting a lil bored with food options.
found this HTH
be careful if you make the cream cheese muffins! freeze all but one i have been known to devour a whole BATCH!

Quote:
THE PROGRAM: PHASE 1
What Low Carb Foods You Can Eat in this Phase

Our low carb food list is an easy guide to your Phase 1 eating plan. Most fish, poultry and meat don't contain carbs so you can feel free to enjoy them, but use the low carb food list to be sure you're also getting your 12 to 15 grams of net carbs in vegetables as well.**

All fish including:
Flounder
Herring
Salmon
Sardines
Sole
Tuna
Trout
Cod
Halibut
All fowl including:
Cornish hen
Chicken
Duck
Goose
Pheasant
Quail
Turkey
Ostrich
All shellfish including:
Clams
Crabmeat
Mussels*
Oysters*
Shrimp
Squid
Lobster
*Oysters and mussels are higher in carbs so limit to about 4 ounces per day.

All meat including:
Bacon*
Beef
Ham*
Lamb
Pork
Veal
Venison
Some processed meat, bacon, and ham is cured with sugar, which will add to the carb count. Also steer clear of cold cuts and other meats with added nitrates.

Eggs are one of nature's most nutritious creations. That’s why eggs are a staple breakfast in the Atkins Nutritional Approach.

Feel free to get creative with your eggs: Add mushrooms and onions, or even green pepper. Top the dish off with feta cheese or add basil, oregano and other herbs.

Eggs in any style, including:
Deviled
Fried
Hard-boiled
Omelets
Poached
Scrambled
Soft-boiled
Keep in mind that cheese does contain carbs, about 1 gram per ounce. You may have about 3 to 4 ounces of cheese per day. An ounce is about the size of an individually wrapped slice of American cheese or a 1" cube.

Cheese including:

Type
Serving Size
Grams of net carbs
Blue cheeses 2 T 0.4
Cheddar 1 oz 0.4
Cow, sheep and goat 1 oz 0.3
Cream cheese 2 T 0.8
Feta 1 oz 1.2
Gouda 1 oz 0.6
Mozzarella 1 oz 0.6
Parmesan 1 oz 0.9
Swiss 1 oz 1.0
Vegetables:

You should be eating approximately 12 to 15 grams of net carbs per day in the form of vegetables, which is equivalent to several cups depending on the actual carb content of the veggies you select.
1 cup is roughly the size of a baseball. Measure the following salad vegetables raw.

Vegetable Serving Size/Prep grams of net carbs
Alfalfa sprouts ½ cup/raw 0.2
Arugula 1 cup/raw 0.4
Bok choy 1 cup/raw 0.4
Celery 1 stalk 0.8
Chicory greens ½ cup/raw 0.1
Chives 1 tablespoon 0.1
Cucumber ½ cup 1.0
Daikon ½ cup 1.0
Endive ½ cup 0.4
Escarole ½ cup 0.1
Fennel ½ cup 1.8
Jicama ½ cup 2.5
Iceberg lettuce 1 cup 0.2
Mushrooms ½ cup 1.2
Parsley 1 tablespoon 0.1
Peppers ½ cup/raw 2.3
Radicchio ½ cup/raw 0.7
Radishes 6/raw 0.5
Romaine lettuce 1 cup 0.4
The following vegetables are slightly higher in carbs than the salad vegetables listed above. They also provide important nutrients and add variety to your daily foods. Make sure you stay within the 12-15 grams of net carbs. Unless otherwise noted, measure these veggies after you cook them.

Vegetable Serving Size/ Prep Net Carbs
Artichoke 1/2 medium 3.5
Asparagus 6 spears 2.4
Artichoke hearts 1 canned 1.0
Avocados ½ whole (raw) 1.8
Bamboo shoots ½ cup 1.2
Broccoli ½ cup 1.7
Broccoli raw ½ cup 0.8
Broccoli rabe ½ cup 2.0
Broccoflower ½ cup 2.3
Brussels sprouts ¼ cup 1.8
Cabbage ½ cup (raw) 1.6
Cauliflower ½ cup (raw) 1.4
Swiss chard ½ cup 1.8
Collard greens ½ cup boiled 2.0
Eggplant ½ cup 2.0
Green String Beans 1 cup 4.1
Hearts of palm 1 heart 0.7
Kale ½ cup 2.4
Kohlrabi ¼ cup 2.3
Leeks ½ cup 3.4
Okra ½ cup 2.4
Olives green 5 0.1
Olives black 5 0.7
Onion ¼ cup 4.3
Pumpkin ¼ cup 2.4
Rhubarb ½ cup (unsweetened) 1.7
Sauerkraut ½ cup (drained) 1.2
Snow peas and snap peas in pod ½ cup with pods 3.4
Spaghetti squash ¼ cup boiled 2.0
Spinach ½ cup 2.2
Summer squash ½ cup 2.6
Tomato ¼ cup 4.3
Turnips ½ cup 3.3
Water chestnuts ¼ cup (canned) 3.5
Zucchini ½ cup 1.5
Salad Garnishes

Crumbled bacon 3 slices 0.0
Hard-boiled egg 1 egg 0.5
Grated cheeses (see above carb counts)
Sautéed mushrooms ½ cup 1.0
Sour cream 2 tbs 1.2
Herbs and Spices (make sure they contain no added sugar)

Basil 1 tbs 0.0
Cayenne pepper 1 tbs 0.0
Cilantro 1 tbs 0.0
Dill 1 tbs 0.0
Garlic 1 clove 0.9
Ginger 1 tbs sliced root 0.8
Oregano 1 tbs 0.0
Pepper 1 tbs 0.0
Rosemary 1 tbs 0.0
Sage 1 tbs 0.0
Tarragon 1 tbs 0.0
Salad Dressings - Any prepared salad dressing with no added sugar and no more then 2 grams of net carbs per serving (1-2 tablespoons) is acceptable. Or make your own.

Blue cheese 2 tbs 2.3
Caesar 2 tbs 0.5
Italian 2 tbs 3.0
Lemon juice 2 tbs 2.8
Lime juice 2 tbs 2.8
Oil and vinegar 2 tbs 1.0
Ranch 2 tbs 1.4
Fats and Oils

There are no carbs here, but keep in mind that the serving size is approximately 1 tablespoon.
Butter
Mayonnaise – make sure it has no added sugar
Olive oil
Vegetable oils – Those labeled “cold pressed” or “expeller pressed” are especially good and olive oil is one of the best.
Canola*
Walnut
Soybean*
Grape seed*
Sesame
Sunflower*
Safflower*
*Do not allow any oils to reach overly high temperatures when cooking. Use olive oil for sautéing only. Use walnut or sesame oil to dress cooked veggies or salad, but not for cooking.

Artificial Sweeteners
Splenda – one packet equals 1 gram of net carbs
Beverages
Clear broth/ bouillon (make sure it has no sugars added)
Club soda
Cream, heavy or light.
Decaffeinated or regular coffee and tea*
Diet soda (be sure to note the carb count)
Flavored seltzer (must say no calories)
Herb tea (without added barley or fruit sugar added)
Unflavored soy/almond milk
Water – at least eight 8-ounce glasses per day including...
Filtered water
Mineral water
Spring water
Tap water
* One to two cups of caffeinated tea or coffee is allowed as desired and tolerated by each individual. If you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia or cravings as a result, do not use caffeine. If you have a true caffeine addiction, it is best to break the habit during the induction phase.
* Limit lemon and lime juices to 3 T per day
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

debkeversole Thank you !! this is an awesome list! I really appreciate your help! I can't wait to try the muffins, they sound so good!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #57

ok hard to find the thread i have been looking for but i found some similar
this on e is just eggs but if you add meat(venison too you could add coconut oil to up the fat in the venison) you could use their menus as a base
THREE DAY EGG FAST

here is another onehttp://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/789093-meat-egg-fast-anyone-61.html

listen forgot to say be careful with the bacon TONS of them have sugars everywhere and sodium might make you retain water too soo get a no sugar added bacon and drink plenty of water i love bacon
ooh found this but i haven't read it yet
FALL for Meat & Eggs
and here is another thread i thought you all might like one of the greatest creations OOPSIES

Uses for oopsie rolls (recipe thread)
and this one is drool worthy
INDUCTION FOOD PORN!!!
if you finish that one there are 2 more with more drool producing pics!

good night my friends!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the induction info. It's good to refresh our memories.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #59

howdy all ! raining like crazy COLD and my baby is here! SIGH i believe Ashley wants to permanently stay with her parents ugh BBL when my baby leaves
Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much Deb! Supposed to rain here till Tuesday.