Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Shantoy, when I go visit family, I bring backup, so that I am at no one's mercy. Once everyone realizes you mean business, they will lay off a bit. But sometimes older folks don't remember which diet any one person is on at any time unless you do the same one all the time.

The zone to me is a rhythm I get with my food. I go through the motions of writing my food plan for the next day down in my ipad, committing it to someone, making my breakfast and preparing lunch and dinner after breakfast. Then I don't have to think about food again until I it down at night to plan the next day.

We are buying a certified used car ths week. Haven't decided yet on make and model but leaning toward a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd. Any advice or experience with the process?

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Shantoy, do y'all take food to the dinners? We all take side dishes or desserts to whatever house we're going to. I always take something I can eat. Deviled eggs, green beans, veggie tray, cheese tray, etc. Someone will have meat and I make do with what's available. You can do this!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Shantony~ I'm sorry that your visit to the inlaws didn't go quite like you anticipated. You got some wonderful advice--definitely go next time with food that you are allowing yourself to eat. That way you guarantee yourself success! Maybe by you doing this several times your MIL will start to understand that you are serious about your new healthy lifestyle? Even if she doesn't choose to "get it" just keep moving and doing what you have to do to keep yourself on track. You come first!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle- I have been missing your wonderful advice.
My lowest was 53lbs down, today was 52lbs. Closer at least. IDK
Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, you're sweet! I am bouncing all over with the scale too, so I totally feel ya. I'm doing everything to the letter, measuring and tracking and still.. meh. I keep trudging on...
Old 12-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Thanks for the advice everyone. I started JUDDD today so I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs since I dont have to worry about what I'm eating or spending much time on prepping it. Christmas falls on a Down Day for me so if I can survive that then there will be no family gathering I cant conquer.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

YOu can always switch things to make Xmas fall on an UD if it will be easier for you. I was on JUDDD last year at this time and I switched rotations around to fit the holidays...worked like a charm.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Ok.I give. I'm eating on plan and NOT losing!! So frustrating!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Oncloud9, how long has it been since you lost?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

A month. November was a wash! I started May 27th. I bounce from 50, 51 to 52 lbs lost. Grrrrrr!!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Hello! I hear an echo in here. Still on 52 lbs down. How are the rest of you doing?
Old 12-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm here. Still bouncing around on the scale for no apparent reason.. It is what it is, but sheesh, alittle recognition for my hard work would be nice I am thankful for being in control this month though. Usually when the holidays roll around it turns into a free-for-all and then I vow to begin again in Jan. There won't be any of that this year!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow will be the end of my first week. I dont have an accurate weight to judge this week by so I'll have to wait until next saturday to find out how my weight has been affected. No noticeable difference yet in my clothes.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

The weight is the same for me. At one point, it was 142.4 but that is one of those freakish lows. Went to a japanese restaurant last night, the stir fry was good. Stuck to veggies and grilled tofu, brought an apple for dessert. They had salad and soup. I had the miso soup.

Picked up the Santa Fe Thursday night. I am able to get him down to a 1.99% interest rate for a six year term and my son negotiated the price for me from Missouri. It was a 2012 certified pre-owned limited with all the bells and whistles including a navigation system, sunroof, keyless entry, heated seats, I feel like I died and went to heaven. It also came with an extended 10 year (100,000 miles) bumper to bumper warranty. I put a few thousand down and ended up with a $295/month payment. It is the first time I feel like I didn't get the raw end of the stick at a car dealer.

Today we are expecting snow - at least 3-4 inches we think. It is not much but the first time we will be getting more than an inch. Got to get my errands in for the week end this morning.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. Still same weight.
Raining here. Yucky!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Shay~ looking forward to hearing how great the scale's treating you! Hang in there and trust in your process! I really miss JUDDD.

Mary~ so glad you are loving your car! I had that same car and I loved it...that warranty cannot be beat! Now I toodle around town in a VW convertible beetle that my hubby surprised me with--I absolutely adore it
Stay safe in that snow!
Man, 142.. I WISH!!!!

oncloud9~ I know it's getting frustrating...trust me I feel ya!! Just keep going, no giving up!

Me~ I think I'm coming down with my DH's cold.. Throat is scratchy and I'm starting to cough... not what I wanted for Christmas... AGAIN! Last year I was literally sick from Thanksgiving all the way through January...miserable! Weight is bouncing everywhere like a Ping-Pong Altho' the weight I saw this morning was well deserved....reward day yesterday and out to dinner at one of my fave restaurants..chugging the water and praying it goes down after a clean low carb day today

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 12-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Has anyone read Crazy Sexy Diet by Chris Karr? What an education! Well worth the read.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't read it. Sounds interesting.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone, It has been quiet here. Were is everyone? Are you all ready for Christmas or whichever holiday you celebrate? My DD & her BF are coming up to our house Tuesday night when she gets out of work. She has to work Dec 26 at the Christmas Tree shops. She loves it. She has her grades from this semester, 1 pass and 3 A"s. she is so thrilled. We are proud of her going back to achool at 34 after getting a GED at 21. It is never too late if that is your dream. She has received scholarships for tuition and books. With her PT job, she gets by.

We gave up cable TV and got a smart TV but I have to sign up for HuluPlus and NetFlix to pull in some channels through our router.

Food is stable, getting used to eating more. It is a chore because it takes longer to finish my meals. A luxury problem for sure. I know if I didn't have a food plan, I would be back in the food so fast. I could probably do it without one but don't want to try anymore.

Weight is staying the same. My walking each day has disintegrated due to the snow and cold weather. Iwill have to figure something out. We got about 18 inches between Sat's storm and Tuesday's storm.

Off to bed. Sleep with the angels!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:47 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Mary I am so happy your daughter is in school. What a hard worker she is. I am so proud of her too! Education is so important in today's world. What courage she has going back to school at her age and getting her GED first. How wonderful! This is such a life changing moment for her.

Merry Christmas to All!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Hi everyone, doing fine here. My post from yesterday never made it. Prob. good thing as I was reporting a new low, but up two llbs. from that today. Oh well, just reminds me why I am sticking to my plan today.

Frozen pipes to deal with today . . . glad to see that last night's deep freeze is not going to last long.

Have a great Christmas eve (for all you Christians out there), and a god holiday season to others! Let's gather around our fireplaces and reflect on our blessings. Cheers!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Merry Christmas!! I'm so looking forward to the holidays being over and getting back on the LC track!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Michele I agree.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

It's Thursday and something I had yesterday upset my stomach as I had the big D during the night. The only different thing was a dill pickle.

My son, hs wife and his family gave me a 3in1 slow cooker by Hamilton Beach. It is versatile in that there are 3 different sized pots 2 qt, 4 qt and 6 qt. i also got a Vegan slow cooker recipe book. My DH said if I make it, he will eat it. We'll see.

My daughter gave me an IPad pillow so while I am laying in bed, there is a pillow to fit it on. It works.

But the bed gift of all was watching a video of my grandkids opening their presents in Missouri. Seeing them say thank you to us. Watching the craziness of four little boys on Christmas morning laugh and smile. It was the best.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in!

Mary~ I hope you're feeling better? Wonderful to hear that you got to watch the grandkids on Christmas even though you couldn't be there in person...there are some wonderful features for modern technology!

I hope everyone has survived the holiday without too much harm with the goodies... I am relieved to be back on the right track and hopefully getting the scale moving in the right direction once again. It was nice to let go for a couple days and just enjoy my kids and go with the flow...but it's time to get back to work!

Hope you are all well!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Danielle, good to hear you had a wonderful christmas.

I am visiting my DD today and going home tomorrow. Stood inlineto return a pair of slacks and got a size 6 in exchange. Love it but that will be the lowest size. I measured my waist, 34", hips 40", and top 35". I don't own a measuring tape so did it while here at DD's.

Looking forward to 2014 with new challenges.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I've not lost much if anything this month, but I've done a good job if I do say so myself of staying on plan. I'll weigh myself before new years day. I'd like to see a new low, but it may not happen. I am planning to up the exercise a bit and maybe try a bit of IF in January. I am not going to do anything drastic that I don't think I can maintain.

Mary congrats on the size 6! I have a pair of 10s that were a bit tight (had the same exact pair in a different color that were perfect) that I was thinking of returning (they are in my car now) but may as well hold onto. I am definitely fitting into most 10s. A few 12s still fit ok, especially the 100 percent cotton ones. A lot of my tops I've held onto too long are now fitting and I have found myself wishing I had held on to a few more too tight pants. Oh well, it feels good to have my waist shrinking. (Although there is still some blodgey fat.)

A have a pretty good collection to go to salvation army or good will one day soon.

Last edited by Patience; 12-28-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 12-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

I've still not weighed but still mean to do so!
What kind of challenge are folks thinking about for January and beyond?
Old 12-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Thinkink of st Valentine's Day. I like the shorter challenges. I get distracted if it goes for 8 weeks. What about you all?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

6 weeks on sounds good to me.