Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Danielle - wow 19 lbs in 9 weeks... girl you are on a roll.....

well down another pound today.. finally.... so down 31 pounds... so for my second goal of losing 25 pounds... I have 18 more lbs to lose for this 2nd goal...

did one hour of WA - and so cold today outside... was 32 out - but felt like 27 degrees... has warmed up a tad... up to 38 will get back down to 27 tonight.. brrrrr.. then going to warm up and by Saturday.. will be in the low 70's.... that I can take....

have lots of energy today.. so going on a cleaning frenzy - going to take everything out of my master closet... throw away big clothes.. try on others to see if they fit.... clean both bathrooms top to bottom... have already been going through my kitchen cabinets and cleaning them out......

just feel veery good today.... so while I am on this roll... will put it to good use

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kleweless
WOE: No set diet - doing 20 net carbs daily
Start Date: Nov. 15, 2012
Thank you all for the wonderful Welcome! I started my weight loss journey last November. I weigh myself weekly/bi-weekly. I was down 2.5 lbs on Monday, from Nov. 1st - which brings my total weight loss to 100.5 lbs!! I'm so excited!! Have a long, long way to go yet.
Kleweless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Yay!!! 50lbs. down! Finally. It's slow but SURE. Keep in mind, as long as we're going down we're making good progress! In the 30's right now with a high of 48 today. Have our insert burning. It has a glass door and I love to watch the fire.

Danielle- Dr. Oz had a show about body types and how to lose weight faster. My apple(hour glass when young,lol) body type responded better to cycling carbs. I'm just so afraid to change anything yet. I might save that for down the road.

Paw- Wish I had a place to do WA.

Mary- Your salads sound wonderful. I need to add squash to mine. I have chia seeds that I've been sprinkling on my salad. How do you make your new dessert? I've heard they 'gel'.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back. Going to be 29 degrees tonight! Ouch!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Danielle....I download his latest book....I'm just a little confused on what you can eat on the high carb days....and does he want you eating low fat protein?? On Atkins I can have any cut of meat and fat is important but at the same time I count every carb even the ones in vegetables. And is the reward day a full day of whatever you want within reason?? So many questions! Lol.....great job on the 19 lbs by the way
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Danielle....I download his latest book....I'm just a little confused on what you can eat on the high carb days....and does he want you eating low fat protein?? On Atkins I can have any cut of meat and fat is important but at the same time I count every carb even the ones in vegetables. And is the reward day a full day of whatever you want within reason?? So many questions! Lol.....great job on the 19 lbs by the way
There is a food list towards the end of the book. It's supposed to be low fat protein..everything is measured & portioned, even fat. There is no fat serving on high carb days.... veggies you can have as much as you want. Reward day is 1000 extra calories to be incorporated into your day..still eating 5x a day, any way you want. I haven't yet been able to consume all 1000.. You do not count carbs on this plan..you count calories..1200 for LC days, 1500 for HC days..
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

klew - wow your lost of 100 pounds is just awesome - just so happy for ya....... that is my goal.... 100 pounds.... my mini goals are 25 pounds... have met my first one - now have 18 more pounds to lose for my 2nd goal.... yes, we are on our way...

oncloud9 - on your 50 pound lost..... just great.....
Old 11-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Danielle: thank you for the info....I had time to read a little more and found a few of my answers...I think I might give the a Turbo cycle a try starting Monday...I'm wanting a change up from Atkins for a bit . It would be nice to enjoy an occasional banana, piece of toast or oatmeal.
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleweless View Post
Thank you all for the wonderful Welcome! I started my weight loss journey last November. I weigh myself weekly/bi-weekly. I was down 2.5 lbs on Monday, from Nov. 1st - which brings my total weight loss to 100.5 lbs!! I'm so excited!! Have a long, long way to go yet.
FANTASTIC!!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Danielle: thank you for the info....I had time to read a little more and found a few of my answers...I think I might give the a Turbo cycle a try starting Monday...I'm wanting a change up from Atkins for a bit . It would be nice to enjoy an occasional banana, piece of toast or oatmeal.
Just remember for 1st meal it's HC only everyday...which doesn't include butter, peanut butter, cream, nuthin.. I had the hardest time wrapping my head around this the first week I started ... I was so excited to do an english muffin and then realized I couldn't do nothing with it that *I* wanted Bananas are like gold in my house! I'm going to do turbo (currently doing classic) starting next week--in the middle of slingshot right now. I can't wait to see if my losses are different using the different cycle.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Danielle- Dr. Oz had a show about body types and how to lose weight faster. My apple(hour glass when young,lol) body type responded better to cycling carbs. I'm just so afraid to change anything yet. I might save that for down the road.

Yeah, my body seems to like this! I don't blame you for not wanting to change anything---I mean, why change what's not broken, right? LMK if you decide to try it, I'd love the company!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Oncloud, congrats! On the 50 lb club! And Kleweless, congrats! To you on the 100 lb club! Each milestone is important. It doesn't matter how fast, just staying on plan with a new rhythm, eventually your body gets to trust that it will get good healthy food.

I realized when you described HC LC days, I sort of do that. I can go from 1300 to 1600 every third day or so. I don't go up to 2300 but if I ate high fat on that day, I could get close. Easy to do with soynut butter instead of pb or if you eat meat, bacon instead if fish. Because I don't eat meat, eggs or dairy right now, I am realizing that my fibers are around 50 a day which makes the total carbs around 150. It all comes from veggies and 2 fruits and the soy protein. It was scary at first to see the carbs go up but because the fat went down and the protein varied depending on the soy choices, weight has stayed steady at 146. I love my veggies. If I have to add more food on Dec 1st, then it will either be another serving of veggies at lunch or a fruit at supper. I don't want more protein unless I have to.

Omcloud, I make my dessert by initially using 4 oz canned pumpkin with 4 oz silken tofu, hald an oz mix of chia and flaxseed meal, vanilla flavoring and one other flavor like almond, maple, banana or coconut, then stevia. I put in my mini chopper to blend it. In the cold weather I nuke it for 60-90 seconds. When I had to increase my veggies, I started using 8 oz pumpkin but still kept the tofu at 4 oz. I have it with my 16 oz salad with 1-1/2 oz Goddess dressing. It is usually around 475-500 calories. Breakfast and lunch calories Are about 500 each with lunch coming it at 375-500. When I have soynut butter I can get it up to 1600 for the day. I like the variety. I was never a dairy person except for greek yogurt. Now with the switch to silken tofu in its place, I am good to go. I do want to experiment with making homemade soy yogurt this weekend. We'll see.

I only officially weih myself on the first of each month, so only make changes to the quantities on the first. Then I go with it for the month and reevalute.

Hope you all have a blessed day!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:13 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning Ladies,

Jan congrats on your 50 pound weight loss! this is wonderful.

Knew, fantastic weight loss. I am so happy for you.

Diana, way to go with the exercise! You are doing sooo good.

Danielle, I wish I had your weather! I agree with you though , I like Arizona , but I love California. You are doing wonderful with your weight loss!

Hi to Mary, Michelle, Chris and Winifred.
Have a wonderful day!
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

well, did not go and do my WA this morning.. just way too cold so got to sleep in a tad..... but I am hoping that I will go this evening for the Zumba water class...... gosh 1st time I have missed my early morning WA in about 5 weeks....

I stayed the same today because I ate more than my 20 carbs yesterday.... do not know why... was hungry... maybe because of the cold weather...maybe because of all my energy... just do not know why... but what I did eat was healthy... so maybe that saved me..... LOL

back on track today.... will not eat off point today...... guess we all have those days......

everyone have a great day.... and if you are in cold brrrrr weather... keep warm..
Old 11-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Hello everyone!! I am glad to see everyone is still hard at it !! I am still working at being healthier!!!
Does anyone want the weather we have in Montana? I will send it to you!!! Except it would be nice to have a White Christmas!!
I have never done this before...maybe I am getting senile!!! I put up my Christmas tree 2 days ago!! It isn't even Thanksgiving yet!!!!!
My grandsons are coming to visit for Thanksgiving!!The older one wanted to spend Christmas with us but we are going to Wyoming to visit other DD!! That is my reason for decorating before he comes!!!
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
Starrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Wendy, I like that idea with the Cristmas tree. My DD and her BF are coming for Tday but maybe not for Christmas. We have their christmas goft already so might just put up thebtree and wrap the present. We are gifting them with a dehydrator. She has been asking for it for a few years.

I feel like I already have had my Christmas what with the items I just ordered from Amazon. They delivered one to a wrong address because I clicked the button wrong and seconds later I tried to change it, it said the order was prepping for shipment. Bi was able to fix 3 of 4 of them. Found they delivered that one order yesterday by leaving it on the front porch. My son called an old neighbor and she went over to get it but no one was home. She is going to try again today. Anyway after hald an hour, I found Amazon's system for calling them. They credited it out when they saw I had tried to change it. But their ordering system was so fast I wasn't able to catch it.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: casweet31
Stats: 337/337/175
WOE: low-carb
Hi Mary, i think i might join this! my epiphanie is needing to be healthy for my baby, which will be born in mid-march. i want the birth to be healthier, and i want to have the energy to keep up with the little guy! I'm not sure i have a particular weight loss goal, but more of keeping the pregnancy weight gain to 20 lbs or less... and if i can actually lose a few pounds and keep the baby healthy then all the better!
casweet31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

51 lbs down now. Yay! I want to put up my tree too.

Glad to hear from you Star!

Paw- Staying the same one day is fine. It's not a race. (Remember to tell me that when I start whining!) I have many days that I stay the same and then lose several days and then back to the same again.

Thank you Sammi!

Will let you know if I try it Danielle! You are doing great!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Christine... I am rootin for you too to have a healthy baby. My DIL is pregnant and due early March but will have a c-section most likely around Feb 21. She has had 4 c-sections for the four boys and is now going to have a little girl that they named Emma Jennie. After the two paternal great grandmas. My DIL battles her weight and as you was determined to eat healthier but to keep in mind that she doesn't have to gain for the baby to grow. As the baby grows in her womb, she is shedding the unwanted weight around the rest of her. She is looking better than any previous pregnancy, maybe too because she knows this is the last one. You can't go wrong eating your veggies and fruits along with whatever proteins you like best.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Christine! I am so happy for you. A BABY! It sounds like you will have a spring baby. Your eating healthy is a great start for your child. This is a great group here and we are happy to welcome you.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: casweet31
Stats: 337/337/175
WOE: low-carb
thanks mary and sammi! Congrats on being a grandma again mary! Emma is a sweet name! we're still trying to figure out a name for our boy. i would love to start shedding these pounds now! i certainly don't want anymore if i don't have to have them!
casweet31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. I was down another .5lb today making my total 51.5lbs. Yay!

I agree with Sammi, eating healthy is a great start for your baby!

Mary- Congrats on being a grandmother again soon. Sounds like your DIL is doing very well with her eating. Happy for her.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Christine, congratulations on the new addition to your family!

oncloud9--WTG on the numbers!

Feeling absolutely crummy today--I think it has to do with what I ate last night.. Trying to keep up w/ calories and water today but I'm just not feeling it. The one thing that does sound good is ice cold Coke. So, that's what I've had today..it's kept my tummy calm.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you're not feeling well Danielle. Hope you wake up frisky tomorrow!!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starrhae
Stats: 11/2003 185/155 restart7/30/2013149/134.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/30/2013
Feel better ,Danielle!!!
Starrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,

Danielle , I hope you feel better soon.

I went shopping with my daughter yesterday at Chicos. She bought such beautiful clothes. I am so looking forward to walking into a store and fitting the clothes off the rack instead of shopping online for everything. This is just my opinion, I do not like the plus size clothes in the stores, and I have shopped all over.

My goal is new clothes, new shoes, new life!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Christine, welcome and congratulations on the baby.

Danielle, hope you start feeling better.

Sammi, you're going to be able to shop for those clothes soon. The new problem will be all the choices!

Kathy
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Ladies, thanks so much for the love! I am feeling better this morning. I went to bed about 9:30 last night...I've never been so thankful for my bed! slept like a rock all night and woke around 6am feeling good.

Sammi--there is huge problems w/ plus size clothing! Who wants to look like their grandmother's couch?? Seriously, men are designing this stuff and thinking this is what plus-sized women want? But I digress.......
I can't wait to be be able to go anywhere for clothes--I love clothes!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

I too love clothes but shoes and jewelry too. My BFF says I'm gaudy! Lol. I love gold and sparkles. I'm like an old crow, attracted to anything shiny.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you're better Danielle. We can't have our cute little cheerleader under the weather!