Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Mary, your dedication and commitment to yourself is wonderful. It's so encouraging to see that it is possible to really do this and continue to get healthier over the long haul. It's so easy to lose track of the big picture, but you've worked on it and you're teaching others what you've learned. I'm glad to meet you.

I have a difficult time imaging being even close to where you are, both the length of time and the amount of weight lost. I think that's ok for now as long as I know why I'm doing this and that I don't have to be perfect everyday.

Wendy, thanks for the welcome.

I have a very sedentary job and a long commute everyday; I think getting a pedometer would be too depressing for me at the moment. I know I don't move around much. I have been slowly but surely encorporating using my exercise bike right now and is about has much as I can handle at the moment. I did buy an elliptical a couple of years ago when I was closer to 300 (weight limit on it is 300) and would really like to be able to start trying that out soon. I just don't want to break it. That is one of my goals for next year.

Time for me to try to go back to sleep before I really need to wake up.

Kathy

Last edited by Kath17; 11-05-2013 at 12:27 AM..
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
You know, Kathy, I know I couldn't have walked in the beginning either. The swimming and recumbant bike were about it and that didn't start until I was 320 lbs. i had the time because I wasn't working. The reason I walk is that I can fit it into my sedentary job. We get two 15 min breaks and I take a 45 min lunch by working an extra 15 min a day, so I have time to eat and walk without rushing. I remember my doctor asking me to walk down my block and back early on just to get moving. The thought of moving was painful because my body hurt to stand upright.

The watch is a Walking Fit watch. I get it at Rite Aid Pharmacy for 20% off. It ends up being $31.99. But it becomes a throwaway everytime the battery dies. I either return it if it is too soon and exchange for one that works. It takes my pulse too without having to wear a chest strap.

My "before" pic is loaded into the gallery here. You can view it by clicking on my name, I think. The people where I work have never seen me weigh more than 226 lbs, so they don't know the old me. I show them my pic occasionally so they know why I weigh my portions and don't snack. I pack my lunch or dinner depending on my schedule that day. I never had any real boundary around anything in my life. Today I do and it feels good.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
nice to see new and familiar faces!! I had my big craft show this past weekend and it was a huge success...I sold 78% of my inventory My weight is up a tad from travel and not nearly enough water...not too mention some not so good food choices. This next couple of months is going to be such a challenge for me....I love the Holidays and all that comes with it!!

Have a wonderful day!!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Mary, your experience and journey is a true testament to the fact that this is an on-going process and not something we can truly pinpoint an "end date" for.. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Kathy, just one day at a time is all anybody can ask. You're doing great so far so hang on and keep going. Before ya know it, you'll be using that elliptical like you want and the "idea" of it will be but a distant memory. Keep using the bike if that helps you get in some movement. You're a beautiful work in progress....sort've like a sculptor with his clay...little by little it because a gorgeous masterpiece!

oncloud9, I'm sorry I don't know your name!...your attitude is amazing. It takes alot to climb back on after having major success like you did. You've had a scary health scare for sure, and I am so happy to hear that you're taking charge and owning your happy ending.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Thank you so much Danielle! I am in this for life now. I'm sure there will be times when I eat off plan during maintenance but I will be right back on it the next day. That's what I didn't do the first time. Also, stress played a big part in my gaining but I finally realized that if I don't consider myself and stay healthy, how will I be able to help my handicapped daughter?
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Michele! Glad to see you again!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Danielle, thank you for what you said, you put a smile on my face yesterday.

Mary, I took a look at your pictures and it's wonderful to see the transition. It honestly amazes me what we are capable of achieving.

I'm hoping that I get to that point soon that walking can be a regular part of my day again. I live a mile from the water, there's a really great boardwalk there to walk on. I used to walk it a few times a week with my dog. That was a while ago, my new dog that I've had for two years has never been there for a walk. My mother actually takes him for walks, because I haven't been able to. I can imagine how ecstatic he'd be if I was taking him. Something to look forward to.

Kathy
Old 11-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
I had my big craft show this past weekend and it was a huge success...I sold 78% of my inventory
Michele, what kind of crafts do you make?

Kathy
Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

It definitely is an ongoing process and lifetime committment to health and sanity. Back in 2011 I had a relapse, if you will, where I thought I could manage without weighing my pirtions. I thought I could eyeball it. Before I knew it, I was eating crap again. I gained back 32 lbs in 7 weeks and my panic attacks returned. It scared the daylights out of me. That's when I realized once again I can't do this alone.

The thing that preceded my faulty thinking that May were resentments and anger about life. And instead of facing them head on, I let it eat away at my peace of mind. Now I have people and places to go to ralk things out or write them down on paper. It makes a world of difference when I share the resentments and fears, as they lose their power.

The ols saying, One day at a time, helps to keep me focused on what I can control right now and that are my choices, about food and other stuff.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chris 232
Stats: 242.8/230.6/133 5'6" age 64
Start Date: 2/2006, restart 2/2012 & 7/2014
Michele, so glad you did well at the craft fair. Some of those entrance fee are so high, that you need to sell allot to just get that repaid, beside all your supplies--not counting any time you invest in makeing something and sitting there for a day or two. You go girl!

I though of all of you yesterday while I sat working the polls watching all the other people eating. My township supplies us with a bagel in the morning and a Panerra's box lunch, that sundwich is huge. So I had ordered an italian sub, and only ate the filling--no bread, no chips, no cookie, no bagel. And I'm down 1 lb today, yeah. It was so worth it-and those chocolate covered pretzels looked so good. We chatted mostly about food, restaurants and recipes, adding to a slow, stressful day. But here I am down and not wasting another few days trying to lose a regain.
Wednesday and Thurday will be easy, but Friday at my card making class thay do have sweet snacks available. And maybe Lunch out with friends. Saturday will definately be lunch out with friends after a craft show visit.

Kathy-thank for mentioning your elliptical. I will think about starting using mine that is sitting the basement. I am a bit unstable still when I walk, so I this will help. I know I can only do about 3 minutes before my legs start to tremble, but I will add a minute every other day. thanks for the encouragement.
Chris 232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Thank you so much Danielle! I am in this for life now. I'm sure there will be times when I eat off plan during maintenance but I will be right back on it the next day. That's what I didn't do the first time. Also, stress played a big part in my gaining but I finally realized that if I don't consider myself and stay healthy, how will I be able to help my handicapped daughter?
It took me a real long time to grasp the idea that it was OK for me to put myself first...that it actually would help my family in the longrun. I'm so glad that you feel confident and excited about the journey ahead of you! Oh, we will ALL eat off plan every now & then...what's life without alittle naughtiness?

Kathy, I'm glad that I could make you smile. THAT makes ME smile!

Michele, I would love to know about your crafts too! Does anyone here crochet or knit? I am looking for homemade stockings this year...I have some but they're so worn and getting ugly I need new!

Chris, WTG on resisting the food..it definitely paid off on the scale today!
----------

Scale's moving down nicely and I'm relieved. For whatever reason TOM started AGAIN for the second time in the span of 2 weeks soooo figured the scale would start doing its dance Really making an effort to get in some sort of exercise every day...it's hard when on some days it feels like I barely have time to sit down! LOL

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
chris - wow you did a great job at working the polls and not eating all those carbs.. I know how that is... I work the polls a lot.... and always a lot of junk food..... but you were strong.... and down another pound
and good that you will get on your elliptical... just start out slow.....

well, went and did my one hour WA early this morning... feel really good... now am working on my kitchen and will hit my two bathrooms a little later....

want to eat really clean today.... had a good breakfast after my WA... and will have a brat with cucumbers and radishes for lunch... and for dinner will have the Rotel special and some homemade cheese crackers

hope everyone has a great day.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Danielle, I don't knit, but I just bought new stockings on etsy. I love finding handmade and hand-crafted items whether at craft fairs or online.

Kathy
Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Chris, great choices yesterday. Glad you were rewarded with a loss and knowing you made good food decisions when having to improvise.

Kathy
Old 11-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
Danielle, I don't knit, but I just bought new stockings on etsy. I love finding handmade and hand-crafted items whether at craft fairs or online.

Kathy
Wow thanks! I didn't even think of etsy! I love handmade holiday decorations, ornaments, etc.. so cute and cozy!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Hope this works...Attached are pics of some of my crafts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candleholder.jpg (25.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg block.jpg (33.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg cupcake orn.jpg (74.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg block snowman.jpg (56.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg candybar.jpg (75.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg melted snowman.jpg (23.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg mittens.jpg (31.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ornament.jpg (83.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ornaments.jpg (53.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg snowman.jpg (31.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
Hope this works...Attached are pics of some of my crafts
Absolutely adorable!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, I love reading your posts!

Michelle- Beautiful things! You're very talented!!

Kathy- That's so sweet to think of you walking your dog! You'll be doing it soon.

Chris- Way to go on the food choices!! Now aren't you proud??!! I'm proud of you!!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:22 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Michele--those crafts are so cute. I like doing crafts, but nothing as cute as those. I have a counted cross stitch picture to start, one of the Lace and Lavendar angels. I'm also repairing/fixing up a drop leaf table that has 6 drawers built into the middle section. I'm making a few greating cards-the 'Stampin' up' way. I look at stuff on pinterest most days-but try to stay away from the recipes and food pictures. Being left handed I could not learn how to knit nor crochet-I could not figues out how to reverse those directions.
Come on everyone tell us what you do to have fun.
My husband like to make small wooden bowls--but I call it maing sawdust in the basement-and those wood curls and sawdust get everywhere.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning,

Michelle your crafts are so cute. I love going to craft fairs! I collect snowmen.

Danielle I am with you, we must put ourselves first , it is okay. We must get healthy.

I bought a new plug in air freshener. It is apples and cinammon . I have to take it down. The odor is wonderful, but it makes me hungry all day.

Have a great day ladies.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Beautiful crafts! You are very talented, cloud. I don't really have a creative bone in my body. That's why when I start refinishing the inside of my house this time, I want professionals to do it and possibly hire an interior designer to give me a layout or idea. We will probably tear some walls down to get a more open concept. That's a long way off.

Came home to seeing the front porch finished. It looks beautful.

I had to work til 8 pm 4 days this week with 2 12 hour days thrown in there. I actually like the late nights because I can get so much done in the morning. Today, I think I sm going to do a little cleaning for an hour or so.

Have a great day!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Morning everyone hope you have a great day.Since working out with my trainer I have lost more than 9pounds my blood pressure was 128/79 when I went to doctor a couple weeks ago. Its hard work but I'm enjoyint it.IT was so tired yesterday after the gym all I wanted to do was lay down,but I couldn't I had to wind down before Iuld take a nap.Lol. I just got to keep on going.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Winifred you are doing so good. Great job!

Mary I'm sure your porch looks fantastic. I love getting projects done around the house. I don't have an eye for design either. I would love those two brothers on TV to design my next house. I am addicted to HGTV. By the way , I like to watch the food channel too.

Michele you are so talented!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandiLee72
Stats: 326/308.5/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Hi, I am new here but would like to join the challenge. My goal is to lose 41 lbs by Jan 6! I love this board...... good luck to everyone!
BrandiLee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Cloud~ thank you! I'm just happy someone actually listens to me

Sammi~ I'd bought a candle that was a "frosting" type of scent...I can't burn it because all I can think about is cake! It smells SO good! I do have a spiced cider one that I'm burning now and sometimes I will crave stuff like pumpkin pie or apple pie

Winifred~ it's lovely to meet you! You are doing fantastic will all that gym time!

Brandi~

----------------------

The scale continues to do it's little drops this week...I am so thankful!
It's nice to be rewarded for something since I've not been feeling all that great for a little while.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Brandi. Keep coming back.

I love pumpkin and have it every night as my supper protein either in a soy smoothie or with soy greek yogurt.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

BrandiLee-welcome. Wow 41 lbs sound ambitious. I would need to cut off an arm--well, maybe even a leg to lose that much weight in 8 weeks. But any progress is great progres.

I am secretly hoping for 30 lbs. but more realistic is 20 lbs.
But anything is better than where I am now.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Winifred - wow you are down 9 lbs... great job.... and keep up with the gym... know you can get tired... but a good tired...

Brandi - this is a great support group.....

sammi - I love HGTV and the Food channel.....

did my early morning WA for one hour... water felt soooo good.... and will go back there this evening at 5:30pm to do a Zumba water class..... know I will be tired... but trying to up my exercise....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks
Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Diana, you're doing a wonderful job with all that exercise! Definitely putting me to shame!