Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glorianow
Stats: 450/271/150
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: November 17, 2013
Hello all,

It's a beautiful day today. I spent the morning preparing for my start of my eating plan and got a shock. Since my last weight in at my gynecologist last month, October 14, I have lost 16 lbs. This is funny because when I relocated back to Texas I ate every food that I craved from fried catfish, BBQ ribs, my sister's home cooking and mine which were totally unhealthy. Though the last 2 weeks, I have been doing a modified Jorge Cruise diet which is very low carb with romanine and spinach for 2 weeks and lost some weight apparently. I got on the scale today so I can track my progress or challenges. I have a love hate relationship with the scale which I'm sure many of you understand. I don't do the daily thing and will weight myself every Monday or Tuesday.

I baked a family package of boneless skinless thighs, poached some chicken breasts, made the quiche from this site (omg it's delicious) and boiled a dozen of eggs. I have my romaine ready if I feel I need some cabs. I have my cheddar cheese, laughing cow and cottage cheese. .

I started today. I'm dealing with emotional hunger, not my stomach touching my back hunger. I am praying for strength and working to be strong.

I have this really hot size 18 black halter dress that I want to wear at my good friend's Christmas party. Can I lose 30 lbs in 30 days. I don't know if I will but I'm sure as heck gonna try. If not, I have a gorgeous size 22 also. BTW, I'm a clothes horse big or small.

Gloria
11.17.2013 Starting at 271 with 58% body fat.
BP 140/90 taking 2 pills to control
Continuous arthritis in right knee that will just be there until I lose more weigh.

PS, if you make the quiche cook it in a pie plate for 30 minutes not 20 as it states.
glorianow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Love your pics Deb. I hope Ken's pain will ease enough for him to get to sleep. I know he needs rest and it's hard for him to get enough. Guess what? We 're trying to work out a time for our kids to come here and open their gifts! DIL said they would come the weekend before or after Christmas. DH's family Christmas will be the Sunday after Christmas so we're working on the Saturday of the same weekend. I so want to see my little Fox during Christmas. At least I have hope now. Still can't understand why they can't come on Christmas Day since they are both off work.??
we never have any holiday on the correct day! i will take 3 or 4 of the same LOL Ken's parents never could do it on the right day and Kenny and Ashley are wanting to have Christmas morning at their house with Molly and i understand because i always wanted my boys here on Christmas morning
when Ken had to deploy last time we ended up having halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas the same week . i was not taking the chance Ken might miss the very last holidays with them if the worst had happened and that was all the leave he had before deployment one week
and Fox doesn't care about the DATE!! he he he he will just want wrapping paper and boxes
AShley's mother is supposed to have thanksgiving the sunday before
Kenny has to work Thanksgiving day soo i will probably have 2 as well i LOVE turkey so no problem for me! i ALWAYS cook on thanksgivng even if no one is here
Howdy all!

we put on the radio this morning and got my thanksgivng decorations put up! whoohoo and dishes laundry cooking done AND swept and mopped EEK! plus got the LR curtains washed and rehung and i am exhausted!! more than i have done in weeks!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingawake View Post
WOW -- the weight is just falling off!

Just got home from visiting my parents and they were SHOCKED! I haven't weighed myself in a little while (my scale was giving funky results so I have been going by how clothes fit), so I was really happy to see their response. My dad said "you're skinny now!" While I'm not skinny (yet), it was a good thing to hear.

It sounds like everyone had a nice day. I wish I could taste that venison -- it sounds delicious! I'm planning to have a low-key rest day tomorrow. I hope everyone
:jump joy:
i am so happy for you!!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Welcome Chris, Gloria & Kathy.

Chris, I get the pains you describe whenever I eat sugars or grains. Lie an allergic reaction to it. So I stay away from it.

Love tohear the stories.
howdy! how is your menu planning for Thanksgiving??
Old 11-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorianow View Post
chiewgran,

I'm in Houston for now. I figure I will be here until the end of the year until I'm off to my next adventure. I don't do well in one place. I can do about 3 years and then I get a fly up my butt to check out another environment, area or culture. I drive my family nuts with my lack of need to nest and love of going. You would think after 20 years they would be use to it and stop telling me to make Texas my home again. I figured if I ever decide to do that marriage thing again, I will settle in one place.

I spend 3 months in CT working a contract. It was an interesting little place to be. They loved to here this slow drawl Texan talk..
WOW on the moving WHEW i hate moving! always lose a ton of stuff
Old 11-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #157

Quote:
Hello all,

It's a beautiful day today. I spent the morning preparing for my start of my eating plan and got a shock. Since my last weight in at my gynecologist last month, October 14, I have lost 16 lbs. This is funny because when I relocated back to Texas I ate every food that I craved from fried catfish, BBQ ribs, my sister's home cooking and mine which were totally unhealthy. Though the last 2 weeks, I have been doing a modified Jorge Cruise diet which is very low carb with romanine and spinach for 2 weeks and lost some weight apparently. I got on the scale today so I can track my progress or challenges. I have a love hate relationship with the scale which I'm sure many of you understand. I don't do the daily thing and will weight myself every Monday or Tuesday.

I baked a family package of boneless skinless thighs, poached some chicken breasts, made the quiche from this site (omg it's delicious) and boiled a dozen of eggs. I have my romaine ready if I feel I need some cabs. I have my cheddar cheese, laughing cow and cottage cheese. .

I started today. I'm dealing with emotional hunger, not my stomach touching my back hunger. I am praying for strength and working to be strong.

I have this really hot size 18 black halter dress that I want to wear at my good friend's Christmas party. Can I lose 30 lbs in 30 days. I don't know if I will but I'm sure as heck gonna try. If not, I have a gorgeous size 22 also. BTW, I'm a clothes horse big or small.

Gloria
11.17.2013 Starting at 271 with 58% body fat.
BP 140/90 taking 2 pills to control
Continuous arthritis in right knee that will just be there until I lose more weigh.

PS, if you make the quiche cook it in a pie plate for 30 minutes not 20 as it states.
WHOOHOO! on 16 pounds gone!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #158

this struck me as funny i don't personally drink wine but this is soo funny!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: casweet31
Stats: 337/337/175
WOE: low-carb
Quote:
Christine, if you'll look back in our posts there's a recipe for quiche that is great to freeze and take. It's egg with whatever ingredients you like in a muffin pan. Just an idea.
thanks i'll have to check that out! it's been a good weekend so far, feeling the baby kick a lot which is very cool but surreal at the same time! lol

i need to go grocery shopping this week and get some good food to eat, we got a lot frozen food right now, which isn't the best carb wise!
casweet31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by casweet31 View Post
thanks i'll have to check that out! it's been a good weekend so far, feeling the baby kick a lot which is very cool but surreal at the same time! lol

i need to go grocery shopping this week and get some good food to eat, we got a lot frozen food right now, which isn't the best carb wise!
oh feeling the baby kick is wonderful!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Hi everyone. I am having a lazy day. Watching NASCAR with DH. He cooked me a hamburger steak with onions, peppers and mushrooms. (Deer) So good. I'm going to have some sf jello for a snack later.

Deb- I am so happy that I may have Fox here after all!

Keep- Don't you just love it when someone notices the effort you've made? Glad you had a nice visit!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Christine- So exciting to feel the baby kick.

Wow Gloria, 16lbs is amazing! So you like moving? I believe you are the only person I've ever known that liked moving. I'm sure it's not the process but the end result. I just don't think I ever want to move again. We moved into this house about four years ago and I'm still looking for things! Lol
Old 11-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #163

been storming here like CRAZY!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Deb! You are getting it done today!!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #165

Quote:
Wow Deb! You are getting it done today!!
for me and Ken that is a major lot! LOL probably what everyone else gets don e in just a few minutes
only11 days until thanksgiving CRAZY! this time of year goes soo very fast
Old 11-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #166

Old 11-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I started putting up the tree but didn't finish. I spent a couple hours running around to different stores for groceries. Then I cooked a chili for my husband with no fat intil we added the poung of ground lean hamburg at the end. I can't eat it as it has lentils and kidney beans in it. Too carby. Maybe some day.

Then I made my cranberry relish for the week. Both DH and I like it inoursmoothies or morning cereal. Then I cooked some greens from Trader Joe's that are all cut up. I add baby portobellas and half onion chopped. With some red pepper flakes. I had it last week and it was delish.

Hope you all have a great week.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Then I cooked a chili for my husband with no fat intil we added the poung of ground lean hamburg at the end. I can't eat it as it has lentils and kidney beans in it. Too carby. Maybe some day.
Mary, yesterday must have been a chiIi day; I made some too. I've been making mine without any beans and used turkey. I think I actually like it better without. I let it simmer for hours; it came out really tasty. Can't wait to have more today.

I baked a cheesecake too. I'm hoping it tastes ok; I bought a new springform pan because my last one was making the cheesecake taste metalicy.

Kathy
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glorianow
Stats: 450/271/150
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: November 17, 2013
Christine, being a late comer, how far along are you in your pregnancy?
glorianow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
He likes to be able to eat it with a fork, so I told him if the chili is too runny, put a little TVP on it. It is high protein, low fat, just what he likes. It had lots of veggies, beside tomatoes, onion, celer, carrot, mushrooms, summer squash and zucchini chunks. I added a cup of frozen white corn for good measure and cumin w/ chili powder. Then the lentils & kidney beans, WF barbeque sauce, 2 tbsp maple syrup. Got the recipe out of engine 2 Diet cookbook. It was supposed to be a vegan chili but we had to use up the lb of hamburg. Oh well, he likes it. He'll eat that every night this week. Then next week, I need to find something different.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm getting what I can buy early for Thanksgiving dinner. Hate grocery shopping in the crowds. Nerves are setting in about Christmas. I have bought some gifts but am not finished. I really never know when I'm finished! LOL

Mary- Chili sounds good.

Deb- beautiful pic. This time of year time does fly. I don't suppose you're getting Molly anything.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi everyone. I am having a lazy day. Watching NASCAR with DH. He cooked me a hamburger steak with onions, peppers and mushrooms. (Deer) So good. I'm going to have some sf jello for a snack later.
my bf watches NASCAR too! he's dale jr. fan, so he was not pleased to see jimmy johnson win another championship! LOL
Old 11-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I started putting up the tree but didn't finish. I spent a couple hours running around to different stores for groceries. Then I cooked a chili for my husband with no fat intil we added the poung of ground lean hamburg at the end. I can't eat it as it has lentils and kidney beans in it. Too carby. Maybe some day.

Then I made my cranberry relish for the week. Both DH and I like it inoursmoothies or morning cereal. Then I cooked some greens from Trader Joe's that are all cut up. I add baby portobellas and half onion chopped. With some red pepper flakes. I had it last week and it was delish.

Hope you all have a great week.
Mmm, that all sounds good (minus the lentils and beans - i've never liked the texture of those! LOL). i wish i had a good spicy chili recipe to make! i've been wanting to break out the crock pot lately!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning Glories!! Hope you all had a great weekend. I'm getting what I can buy early for Thanksgiving dinner. Hate grocery shopping in the crowds. Nerves are setting in about Christmas. I have bought some gifts but am not finished. I really never know when I'm finished! LOL
my bf and i have no family coming to visit for thanksgiving this year so i think we're gonna let someone else do all the work and just go out to eat!

my mom is coming for a visit a couple weeks before christmas and wants to do a baby shower, so that will be enough family time!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Christine, being a late comer, how far along are you in your pregnancy?
Hi gloria! congrats on the 16 pounds! i am 23 weeks now, what is that, like 5.5 months or so? i'm due around March 21st.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Christine- I think that's great to have a calm Thanksgiving and no work for you! Rest!

I'm glad your Mom will be there for Christmas 'help' for you. Oh, baby shower, you will get so many cute things. Just remember it's all for you and give your input and don't overdo yourself.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Christine- I think that's great to have a calm Thanksgiving and no work for you! Rest!

I'm glad your Mom will be there for Christmas 'help' for you. Oh, baby shower, you will get so many cute things. Just remember it's all for you and give your input and don't overdo yourself.
i'm glad we'll be having the shower at my house! then we won't have to pack everything up to bring home, it'll already be here! and bf is very good at keeping the house clean, so i won't have a lot to do in that department!

man i wish my workplace wasn't out in the boonies, we have a cafeteria, but sometimes the food she makes is weird or not very good (she's a vegetarian chef that doesn't cook non-vegetarian meals very well) and she doesn't even have cheese on the salad bar.. who doesn't put cheese on a salad bar?!?! LOL!
looks like i might be finding my lunch elsewhere today! i wish i would have been awake enough to grab something from home!

Last edited by casweet31; 11-18-2013 at 09:15 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

We are Dale Jr. fans too. We were Dale Sr. fans and just followed down to Jr. We also like the Dillon brothers, Austin and Ty. I think they will be major players in a few years if not next year.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #179

Quote:

Mary- Chili sounds good.

Deb- beautiful pic. This time of year time does fly. I don't suppose you're getting Molly anything.
she will only be 7 weeks old on christmas but YEAH papaw already got her a ball labeled three months LOL (he said nothing in the toy aisle was labeled 7 weeks!) and i am working on her Eversole blanket(i only know one crochet stitch) i got to talk to my baby on the phone last night(internet out because of storm we were lucky though never lot power) and she kept turning her head to my voice and ashley emailed me a video of her doing it
IDK what else to do for her for Christmas I do need to make her a stocking for here
i DID get a walmart brand american girl doll unicorn to put away for when she is older i know they won't have them years from now and i would never be able to afford a real american girl doll horse for her
gotta figure out what to feed Ken today his blood sugars are all over 170s this week i really wish these doctors would get their hiney in gear he is in soo much pain all the time!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #180

we went to the food bank was hoping for some thanksgiving stuff but kids were giving it out today and dang nab got 2 of the peanut butter and jelly bags soo no vegetables or ravioli SIGH no thanksgiving stuff either