Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories!! I lost .5lb yesterday and .5lb. today. 51 lbs down. Yay!

Christine. I guess I'm new since you were here. Congratulations on your baby boy in the oven!

chewie- Congrats on your new job.

Mary- My DH makes Cranberry Salad every year. It's super easy and super good! One bag(lb.) fresh cranberries, 1 cup Splenda and 2 oranges peeled and sectioned. Put all in food processor or blender and blend till well ground and mixed. Chill and eat. You'd be surprised at the flavor of these few ingreients after setting in fridge overnight.

Deb- You always come up with great recipes!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

OK Keep, I know you're busy but.....we have to know how you're doing. Get on here boy!!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: casweet31
Stats: 337/337/175
WOE: low-carb
thanks cloud! nice to meet you! awesome job on the 51 pounds!!!!
casweet31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #124
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by casweet31 View Post
hey everyone! long time no see!! glad to see some familiar faces are still in here!

Deb you granddaughter is beautiful!!! I have nothing but babies on the mind these days! We are finally pregnant with a healthy pregnancy and due around March 21st! We found out it's a little boy and couldn't be more excited! My eating hasn't been the best over the past couple years (with 4 early miscarriages it's been too emotionally hard to get anything on track!) But it looks like it's finally working out!

I really want to keep my pregnancy weight gain down - or even lose some if i can so i can be healthier for the birth (which the thought of is scaring the crap out of me! LOL)
You guys have any good tips for good Atkins eating while pregnant? I want to avoid any fake sugars. and I've been obsessed with apples these days! LOL

I've been trying to get out an walk more, taking the dog on more walks, but i've got a lot of pain going on in my pelvis with all the muscles relaxing, it kills when i walk, but i know i need to to do it!

anyway, i know i always do better sticking to eating right when i post here, and you guys are a great bunch of people!
oh i am soo glad to see you! and that baby will be here on march 20th my birthday i would not use ANY artificial sugars while pregnant stick with stevia i suppose but read on it some of the packets have other things in them walking will really really help you when it comes time for delivery
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
OK Keep, I know you're busy but.....we have to know how you're doing. Get on here boy!!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh i am soo glad to see you! and that baby will be here on march 20th my birthday i would not use ANY artificial sugars while pregnant stick with stevia i suppose but read on it some of the packets have other things in them walking will really really help you when it comes time for delivery
i'm gonna bet whatever day the first day of spring is next year is when baby boy is gonna come! (which i just looked and that's march 20th! LOL )

i'll have to look into using stevia, thanks! i wish i could walk on my treadmill at home, but i'm over the weight limit for it, and it complains when i try! it's just getting so cold out!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Christine- You'd be surprised how much walking you can get in walking inside your house. Just be more aware of moving. Try to get up and walk around the house and then rest. It really adds up!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #128

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Jan---congrats. Wow, you're doing fantastic. So happy for you.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Christine, March 20th is my daughter's birthday and also Big Bird's.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Christine- You'd be surprised how much walking you can get in walking inside your house. Just be more aware of moving. Try to get up and walk around the house and then rest. It really adds up!
i've been trying to get up and walk around at work at least once every hour or two. the stairs are a killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Christine, March 20th is my daughter's birthday and also Big Bird's.
nice!! he'll be in good company!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Ok, I'm here! Sorry about my silence the last two days, but I haven't been getting home until late. I'm so excited about the weekend though. I'm going to visit my parents tomorrow. They haven't seen me in about a month, so I'm excited for them to see my recent weight loss. They are really supportive of my WOE and we have already talked about low carb options for Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble!!
Keepingawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Hee hee -- ok, I get the hint!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glorianow
Stats: 450/271/150
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: November 17, 2013
Hello all, may I join this group? I do better when I'm losing with people who understand the very big girl.

I have lost over 200 lbs eating 1500-1700 over 2 years, but I have gained 30 of it back after reaching a plateau. I started this journey at 450 lbs and after 2 years, I'm still pressing onward though without the same vigor and motivation. I have also stalled and it has been suggested that a low carb diet might be a great help to me. Yes I was one very very big sexy girl. I'm still phat, but I'm ready to work on it again. So, after much reading and research, I'm ready to start tomorrow. I'm going shopping today for my food which will mainly be the otter circles of the store. I have been slowly adjusting my carbs over the last 2 weeks in preparation. My sister ask me why I'm starting with Thanksgiving and Christmas looming. I chuckled because if left to me I will always have an excuse for not starting today. Heck today is a great day for pizza, barbecue, ice cream, burgers and any other no no food for me presently.

I am 48, single, no kids and don't want, presently unemployed and job searching. I relocated back to Texas 4 weeks ago to be closer to family mainly my 90 year old mother for a short time after being downsized. I lived on the East coast the last 10 years and figured the best time to come back to Texas would be in the Fall so I do not run from here quickly due to the heat. (I love the cold) Professionally, I'm a medical executive and hope to find something by the first of the year in that field or something else interesting..

My Goals:
1) Lose 137 lbs in 1 year (6 month is my secret goal and 12 months my realistic one)
2) Build up to walking/biking 60 minutes a day by January 1. (I'm at 20 minutes now)....Add strength training in February
3) Drink 12 glasses of water a day plus tea and coffee
4) Find support on this site or others that support a high protein diet.
5) Do Bible Study and Prayer daily for support and direction.
6) Find a free low carb program online to track my progress. (DOES ANYONE KNOW ONE).

I'm presently living with my sister and brother in law who are retired. This house is full of great breads, cookies, cakes, rice, potatoes and all kinds of wonderful carbs. I do know most white stuff is my enemy and overeating simple and complex carbs. Yams and Beans are only good if you eat a 1/2 cup...not me yet. It will be hard, but I have to start due to my health beginning to suffer again. I came from dangers of heart attack daily, stoke possible any day, inability to walk more than 10 steps, sleep apnea, loss job due to unable to get around, buying 2 seats to fly, becoming a borderline hermit due to my weight gain. It's time to get back on that damn wagon and get myself in control.

Sorry, this is long but I think I wrote it more for me. I will find a place to journal so I will not do this again.

I need support and would love to join ya'll if possible.

Thanks for reading.
glorianow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chris 232
Stats: 242.8/230.6/133 5'6" age 64
Start Date: 2/2006, restart 2/2012 & 7/2014
Please Glorianow, journal here. I enjoy reading people's stories, they encourage me to stay on tract. Your succes so far is inspiring-and your determination is super. For faith support have you tried the on line free study called the 'Lord's table", a daily lesson. I did it a couple of years ago, and should reread my notes.

I would be a blog hog if I wrote everytime I was on line here. But here is my latest realization. After going off plan in February, I would get up in the morning and almost could not walk, sometimes using a cane because my legs, feet and hips hurt so bad. Doctor said it was a lower spine joint issue. Well, after being on plan for only a few days I noticed I did not ache in the morning and could use the stairs easily. What a difference. Well, I've been off plan for 3 days, and this morning I could barely walk again. I don't know the reason, but I know that Low carb is the cure.

Back on plan today, Sunday will be a challenge as we will has a restaurant birthday party, I will eat, but will not go crazy on extra dressing, extra bread & chips, will even skip dessert as it will probably be a chocolate cake or pie. Good thing it is NOT cookies.

You're right there is always a reason to eat-and over eat. meetings, club events, free food is even served at church now, birthdays, holidays, the list go on & on. Start today and think up a good comeback line for those who give you a hard time-be firm but kind. After 2 years I'm sure you've dealt with lots of people who are trying to convice you to eat just a bite.
Chris 232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Glorianow, your journey over the past 2 years is incredible . I hope l am in your shoes a year and a half from now. I'm pretty new around here ; but everyone has been welcoming and friendly.

Kathy
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Chris and Kathy,

I know it can be done and has been done. As you all know this not an easy journey. I have been told by several that low carbs has taken away some of the pains. I'm hoping to get the energy boost I keep hearing about to up my exercise routine.

OMG, restaurants are the worse. I did ok last night, I went to Saltgrass Steak House. I did one of my old tricks by visiting their website and decided what I wanted before I went there. I never look at a menu to tempt myself and it usually works. I had no bread or dessert. If ever asked if I want bread, I say no and if my co-diners do I just move it away from me. I ate file mignon and side of steamed broccoli with butter and no complex carb. the steak was tender and the broccoli rich. I was satisfied.

Thanks for the Lord's Table suggestion. I will visit there this morning.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #137

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Gloria. You have made a great choice with low carb, it will help in so many ways. While the rest of the family eats white junk, you can have butter, steak, bacon, etc It's not so bad. Plus I know I feel better eating lc. I look forward to getting to know you.

I'm from CT so I too like the cold. I'm in NW Arkansas, so not as hot as Texas but still pretty warm. Where in TX are you?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorianow View Post
Hello all, may I join this group? I do better when I'm losing with people who understand the very big girl.

I have lost over 200 lbs eating 1500-1700 over 2 years, but I have gained 30 of it back after reaching a plateau. I started this journey at 450 lbs and after 2 years, I'm still pressing onward though without the same vigor and motivation. I have also stalled and it has been suggested that a low carb diet might be a great help to me. Yes I was one very very big sexy girl. I'm still phat, but I'm ready to work on it again. So, after much reading and research, I'm ready to start tomorrow. I'm going shopping today for my food which will mainly be the otter circles of the store. I have been slowly adjusting my carbs over the last 2 weeks in preparation. My sister ask me why I'm starting with Thanksgiving and Christmas looming. I chuckled because if left to me I will always have an excuse for not starting today. Heck today is a great day for pizza, barbecue, ice cream, burgers and any other no no food for me presently.

I am 48, single, no kids and don't want, presently unemployed and job searching. I relocated back to Texas 4 weeks ago to be closer to family mainly my 90 year old mother for a short time after being downsized. I lived on the East coast the last 10 years and figured the best time to come back to Texas would be in the Fall so I do not run from here quickly due to the heat. (I love the cold) Professionally, I'm a medical executive and hope to find something by the first of the year in that field or something else interesting..

My Goals:
1) Lose 137 lbs in 1 year (6 month is my secret goal and 12 months my realistic one)
2) Build up to walking/biking 60 minutes a day by January 1. (I'm at 20 minutes now)....Add strength training in February
3) Drink 12 glasses of water a day plus tea and coffee
4) Find support on this site or others that support a high protein diet.
5) Do Bible Study and Prayer daily for support and direction.
6) Find a free low carb program online to track my progress. (DOES ANYONE KNOW ONE).

I'm presently living with my sister and brother in law who are retired. This house is full of great breads, cookies, cakes, rice, potatoes and all kinds of wonderful carbs. I do know most white stuff is my enemy and overeating simple and complex carbs. Yams and Beans are only good if you eat a 1/2 cup...not me yet. It will be hard, but I have to start due to my health beginning to suffer again. I came from dangers of heart attack daily, stoke possible any day, inability to walk more than 10 steps, sleep apnea, loss job due to unable to get around, buying 2 seats to fly, becoming a borderline hermit due to my weight gain. It's time to get back on that damn wagon and get myself in control.

Sorry, this is long but I think I wrote it more for me. I will find a place to journal so I will not do this again.

I need support and would love to join ya'll if possible.

Thanks for reading.
it is nice to meet you!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 232 View Post
Please Glorianow, journal here. I enjoy reading people's stories, they encourage me to stay on tract. Your succes so far is inspiring-and your determination is super. For faith support have you tried the on line free study called the 'Lord's table", a daily lesson. I did it a couple of years ago, and should reread my notes.

I would be a blog hog if I wrote everytime I was on line here. But here is my latest realization. After going off plan in February, I would get up in the morning and almost could not walk, sometimes using a cane because my legs, feet and hips hurt so bad. Doctor said it was a lower spine joint issue. Well, after being on plan for only a few days I noticed I did not ache in the morning and could use the stairs easily. What a difference. Well, I've been off plan for 3 days, and this morning I could barely walk again. I don't know the reason, but I know that Low carb is the cure.

Back on plan today, Sunday will be a challenge as we will has a restaurant birthday party, I will eat, but will not go crazy on extra dressing, extra bread & chips, will even skip dessert as it will probably be a chocolate cake or pie. Good thing it is NOT cookies.

You're right there is always a reason to eat-and over eat. meetings, club events, free food is even served at church now, birthdays, holidays, the list go on & on. Start today and think up a good comeback line for those who give you a hard time-be firm but kind. After 2 years I'm sure you've dealt with lots of people who are trying to convice you to eat just a bite.
nice to meet you too! jump right in and post!!
Old 11-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

nice to meet you Gloria, Kathy and Chris! bread is a hard one for me to resist! growing up we always had bread and butter with dinner, i love it! luckily i love steak too! LOL!

breakfast is my toughest meal to eat right on, i have very little time in the mornings before work. i really need to start pre-making food i can just grab and go and take with me to work.

Last edited by casweet31; 11-16-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everybody! I was down another .5lb today! 51.5lbs. Yay!! DH killed ANOTHER deer. Our freezer is full. This is number five. We're giving a lot to family. He is 1/2 Cherokee and has a special way of processing that makes the meat delicious. I've grown up with hunters in the family but no venison has ever tasted as good as his. It's like a fine cut of beef without the fat and all natural.

Aha, Keep, you came back to us. I can't wait to hear how your parents reacted to your weight loss! Nice they are so supportive!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gloria!! Write as much or as little as you want. Just check in so we know you are doing ok. We talk about everything from food, to money, relationships, etc... You'll find no judgement here. We are all on the same journey; maybe in different ways. The best thing about LC eating to me is that I'm not starving all the time. I do have days that I get the munchies but most of the time it's not a problem. When you are hungry, eat! Cheese, meat. eggs or something so that you won't be tempted to stray to carbs. I live about 20 min. south of the Atlanta airport. Has really been cold recently but warming trend now. I am a retired school teacher. I've lost weight before but this time I am doing it for my health.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Christine, if you'll look back in our posts there's a recipe for quiche that is great to freeze and take. It's egg with whatever ingredients you like in a muffin pan. Just an idea.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Back to check in. Nothing new so I'll check back later.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #145

howdy Jan! ken and i were waiting all day we thought the kids would bring molly by but those rotten kids didn't she had a doc appointment to be weighed yesterday and i thought they would be by f=before they went home didn't think anything of it last night justt thought they spent the night at her parents and would see us today NOPE they went home last night and didnt tell me ARRGGHH i need my baby fix!! she is 10 days old today!
Ken has another terrible migraine he has almost fell on my 3 times today IDK what to do for him he is suffering soo much
we went to the store after we found out that the kids weren't coming and it was too much on him(pets were OUT of food though we had to go) all those people in there in the afternoons really really trigger his PTSD i wish we had went on early this morning instead of waiting on kenny and ashley. i didn't want to call and bother them if they were visiting ya know??

thinking about heading to bed early if i could find something to ease Ken's pain i would
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 11-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #146

Old 11-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Love your pics Deb. I hope Ken's pain will ease enough for him to get to sleep. I know he needs rest and it's hard for him to get enough. Guess what? We 're trying to work out a time for our kids to come here and open their gifts! DIL said they would come the weekend before or after Christmas. DH's family Christmas will be the Sunday after Christmas so we're working on the Saturday of the same weekend. I so want to see my little Fox during Christmas. At least I have hope now. Still can't understand why they can't come on Christmas Day since they are both off work.??
Old 11-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello everybody! I was down another .5lb today! 51.5lbs. Yay!! DH killed ANOTHER deer. Our freezer is full. This is number five. We're giving a lot to family. He is 1/2 Cherokee and has a special way of processing that makes the meat delicious. I've grown up with hunters in the family but no venison has ever tasted as good as his. It's like a fine cut of beef without the fat and all natural.

Aha, Keep, you came back to us. I can't wait to hear how your parents reacted to your weight loss! Nice they are so supportive!
WOW -- the weight is just falling off!

Just got home from visiting my parents and they were SHOCKED! I haven't weighed myself in a little while (my scale was giving funky results so I have been going by how clothes fit), so I was really happy to see their response. My dad said "you're skinny now!" While I'm not skinny (yet), it was a good thing to hear.

It sounds like everyone had a nice day. I wish I could taste that venison -- it sounds delicious! I'm planning to have a low-key rest day tomorrow. I hope everyone
Old 11-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Welcome Chris, Gloria & Kathy.

Chris, I get the pains you describe whenever I eat sugars or grains. Lie an allergic reaction to it. So I stay away from it.

Love tohear the stories.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #150
Junior LCF Member

chiewgran,

I'm in Houston for now. I figure I will be here until the end of the year until I'm off to my next adventure. I don't do well in one place. I can do about 3 years and then I get a fly up my butt to check out another environment, area or culture. I drive my family nuts with my lack of need to nest and love of going. You would think after 20 years they would be use to it and stop telling me to make Texas my home again. I figured if I ever decide to do that marriage thing again, I will settle in one place.

I spend 3 months in CT working a contract. It was an interesting little place to be. They loved to here this slow drawl Texan talk..