Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
I am looking for ideas for Thanksgiving with no meat. I can make veggie dishes but thinking I could take tofu and use it in place of meat to make ot look like a casserole. I like the recipe above. My DH won't eat it if it has onion and garlic. Cream cheese would have to be tofutti but I could try it to see.

DD, her BF, DH and I will be there. Only DH will eat meat and even that would have to be low fat. No nuts, grains, sugar and am not sure about beans. I think I can use soy beans but not sure about lentils. I might make a lentil loaf even though I can't eat it.

This will be challenging this year.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
My temp assignment has ended unexpectedly early. The woman I was covering for came back much earlier than they expected. She was out on FMLA cause her dh has a brain tumor and it's bad but he's in rehab now. So now I'm without a job and money again. Sigh.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i was busy today

howdy everyone! they are saying some snow tomorrow!
Aw Deb................such a beautiful picture of lil Molly and her biggest fan. Congrats - so happy for you to be spending time with her. Thoughts and so many prayers for Ken and you. I know how hard you are working to keep things together. Hugs, Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #94

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
got to see it snow a little this morning COLD 34
scraped together all the change and wrapped it and took to the bank to deposit today Ken feeling bad and that i about all i have done!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #95

my sister came back by and brought Molly MORE stuff 100 bucks more i bet BEAUTIFUL clothes wow!
Molly had her check up and she has lost weight?/ down to 7pounds 14 oz i can not see how she feeds well ashley has a ton of milk i know newborns lose SOME but that is close to a whole pound from birthweight an d she LOOKS like she has grown
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #96

Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #97

Hi friends. Just back from the doctor with younger ds. He had an allergic reaction and his eye is swollen shut. They gave him a shot and hopefully, he will get better fast
Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Good Morning Glories!! 50,50,50!! I've lost 50 lbs. now! I'm so happy!
In 30's and staying home today. Too cold for me.

chewie- Sorry about your son!

Deb- You look totally content. I'm sure Molly is fine.If she is eating well, you have nothing to worry about.

Keep- Photograph book is so sweet. She will love it!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Mary- I'm at a loss. I don't know much about vegetarian life. The web seems to 'know all'. Maybe do a search. Good luck!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning Everyone

I had a couple crazy work days. Yesterday I came home, made & ate dinner and went to bed before 8pm! I was THAT tired. Good thing I have today off from work for homework and stuff.

Keep - I bet that photo book is awesome! This time of year there are usually A LOT of deals for that

Mary - My brother is vegetarian. They make a Tofu-rkey (a tofu turkey). I have no idea if its any good but he likes it. Also if you buy box stuffing be careful there. A lot of them contain chicken bouillion...so look for the ones that have vegetable bouillion (am I spelling that right?). Also - there is vegetarian gravy mix - now that I have tried and it was good. Hope that helps!

Chewie - Something else will come along ... it always does I hope your DS feels better

Well, its late start Wednesday for school here. Another 45 minutes before they have to get to school.
I've been disappointed with my calorie counting diet so far. I've kept within the allotted calories (well all but 1 day...I went 40 calories over) and I gained 3 lbs since last Wednesday. My app shows a graph of fat-carb-protein percentages of the foods I've been eating and they are spot on.
I don't know why I am gaining weight. I've been really good snack wise. When I went to my Moms house on Sunday she put out a whole plate of cookies. I figured out 1 cookie was 45 cal so I only had one. My dinner plates have been mostly vegetables. This is frustrating. I will do one more week. But if I gain more weight I need to re-evaluate and try something else.

Well I hope ya'll have a great day!

I'll be back later...

Last edited by couponkrazy2011; 11-13-2013 at 08:22 AM..
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back. Still cold. Going to be 29 tonight! Ouch!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #102

Jan--congrats. I was offered that office manager job at the electrical company. Starts at only $12 but she said after I prove myself, in a month or so, we can renegotiate and they will come up with a few more dollars an hour. I guess I'll take it since I have nothing else. Plus it's close by so that's convenient.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewis, congratulations. I hope it is something you enjoy.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie- At least it's close and that means a lot.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Chewie, congrats! A job you get paid for is better than no job and you might like it. It is easier to find the dream job when you are working at something, than when you're not. I think it is because you have more self-esteem when you are working.

I don't buy prepackaged foods. So I think my DD will eat Ezekiel bread and if so I could make a stuffing out of that kind of bread. Maybe look for the tofurkey and remove the stuffing that comes with it. The difference would be Ezekiel bread is made with sprouted grain so it claims no flour. None of us are eating flour.

I want to have lots of color in the veggies. So I figur a nice big salad, and different kinds of roasted and baked veggies, tofurkey, homemade stuffing, homemade cranberry relish. It all has to be low fat for my husband, low carb for me, no meat eggs, dairy for DD and me, and hubby will eat brown rice so will probably make that, then some sort of pumpkin pudding that is high protein by mixing tofu and flaxseed/chia seed, sweetener & pp spice. It is coming together.

I bought some cookbooks and will be looking for the veggie dishes that fit the bill. Regardless of what I cook, I will be weighing out my portions and stay on plan because Tday is just one more day and I don't celebrate by eating more food but celebrate by being grateful for all the friends and family that will be with us to give thanks.

Hope to go for a walk at the park with everyone afterwards. I just recd the movie, Forks over Knives, from Amazon and wil be watching that this weekend and maybe with them when they arrive. My DD works at Christmas Tree Shops so she won't be able to stay any longer than the day because they open early on Black Friday.

Need to go back to sleep before it's time to get up. Sweet dreams!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i was busy today

howdy everyone! they are saying some snow tomorrow!
Ah..the memories...huh...this picture took me right back to that time in my life...enjoy, Deb...you have been blessed.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #107

Good morning. I'm showered with hair and makeup done. I have an interview at 9:15 and have to leave in about 30 minutes. Prayers appreciated. This is a different job than the one I posted about that's close to home.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi friends. Just back from the doctor with younger ds. He had an allergic reaction and his eye is swollen shut. They gave him a shot and hopefully, he will get better fast
oh goodness what happened??
Old 11-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #109

spent all day yesterday taking Ashley to the doc for her checkup and she is healing well and we took her back home and cooked diner for them and helped clean up before coming home BRRR it is COLD! frosted again this morning
Old 11-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Aw Deb................such a beautiful picture of lil Molly and her biggest fan. Congrats - so happy for you to be spending time with her. Thoughts and so many prayers for Ken and you. I know how hard you are working to keep things together. Hugs, Linda
Linda i am soo glad to see you posting We miss you!1 how is everything???
Old 11-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingawake View Post
I did prep work all day today and made a photobook for my mom for xmas with a coupon I got on Amazon. Not a bad day overall. I hope I sleep well tonight (my sleep has been weird lately).

Deb, I hope Ken is doing better tomorrow after getting some rest.

I hope everyone has a great week this week!
oh i think your Mom would really like that! i know i would if my either of my sons gave me one!
thank you for the good wishes for Ken!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Good Morning Glories!! 50,50,50!! I've lost 50 lbs. now! I'm so happy!
In 30's and staying home today. Too cold for me.

chewie- Sorry about your son!

Deb- You look totally content. I'm sure Molly is fine.If she is eating well, you have nothing to worry about.

Keep- Photograph book is so sweet. She will love it!

:jump joy:
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
I am looking for ideas for Thanksgiving with no meat. I can make veggie dishes but thinking I could take tofu and use it in place of meat to make ot look like a casserole. I like the recipe above. My DH won't eat it if it has onion and garlic. Cream cheese would have to be tofutti but I could try it to see.

DD, her BF, DH and I will be there. Only DH will eat meat and even that would have to be low fat. No nuts, grains, sugar and am not sure about beans. I think I can use soy beans but not sure about lentils. I might make a lentil loaf even though I can't eat it.

This will be challenging this year.
i always liked the tofurkey sandwich meat and wondered if the tofurkey for thanksgiving tastes the same earth fare has it i bet something like trader joes or whole foods does as well

Quote:
Spicy Pumpkin Hummus

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp tahini
1/2 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/3 cup olive oil

Place chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, water and tahini in food processor. Whirl until smooth. Add pumpkin and seasonings. Whirl. With motor running drizzle in olive oil until blended. Taste and add more lemon juice or cayenne pepper if needed.
Quote:
Cranberry Sorbet

1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries (4 cups; thawed if frozen)
5 cups water
2 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup fresh orange juice

1. Boil cranberries, 2 cups water, and 1/2 cup sugar in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have burst, about 15 minutes.

2. Purée cranberry mixture in batches in a blender until as smooth as possible (use caution when blending hot liquids). Force through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding solids, and chill, covered with plastic wrap, until cold, about 2 hours.

3. Bring remaining 3 cups water and remaining 2 cups sugar to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat and cool syrup 30 minutes.

4. Stir together cranberry purée, sugar syrup, and citrus juices and freeze in ice cream maker. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until hardened, at least 2 hours.
Quote:
VEGAN PUMPKIN PECAN PIE

Ingredients:
Crust
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
Filling
1 (16 ounce) package extra-firm lite silken tofu, drained
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin purée
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup pecan halves, divided
Non-dairy topping (optional)
Method:
For the crust, pulse flour, pecans, salt and sugar in a food processor until pecans are finely ground. Add shortening and pulse until almost combined, then add 3 tablespoons ice water and pulse until just blended. Gather dough into two balls then press each into a disc. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for several hours until firm.

When ready to make the pie, set one disc out at room temperature for 15 minutes to soften slightly. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a (10- to 11-inch) circle and carefully transfer to a (9-inch) pie plate. Press crust back together where needed and crimp edges as desired; chill until ready to use. (Reserve remaining pie dough for another use.)

Preheat oven to 400°F. For the filling, blend tofu in a food processor until creamy and smooth. Add pumpkin, sugar, 1/4 cup of the syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and purée until smooth; set aside.

Reserve 8 pecan halves as a garnish then toss remaining pecans with remaining 2 tablespoons syrup and arrange evenly on the bottom of the pie shell. Pour pumpkin filling into pie shell and bake until just set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Set pie aside to let cool then top with non-dairy topping, if you like, and decorate with reserved pecans.

Nutritional Info:
PER SERVING:Serving size: 1 piece, 430 calories (240 from fat), 27g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 18g sugar), 7g protein
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #114

i got some baby snuggles yesterday!

and so did Papaw!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
She is just as cute as a button!
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, thanks so much for the recipes. They are doable if I substitute out the sugar and replace the chickpeas for white soy beans. I can experiment with the pumpkin pie as I don't use flour but might be able to do the filling as a pudding or something. Yumm. Loving the cranberry sorbet. I just got from amazon a hamilton beach ice cream maker that does 1/2 pint at a time. This would be a good experiment this weekend.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #117

you are welcome mary and i agree that sorbet sounds YUMMY!
oo cold here 2 weeks until Thanksgiving and i do not have ONE fall decoration on these walls! gah i am oo far behind! i just do not have the gumption for ANYTHING any more Ken sits and watches TV all day and i sit in this recliner playing FB games all day UGH i do not even know +WHERE my thanksgiving decorations box IS! i gotta get some energy!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: casweet31
Stats: 337/337/175
WOE: low-carb
hey everyone! long time no see!! glad to see some familiar faces are still in here!

Deb you granddaughter is beautiful!!! I have nothing but babies on the mind these days! We are finally pregnant with a healthy pregnancy and due around March 21st! We found out it's a little boy and couldn't be more excited! My eating hasn't been the best over the past couple years (with 4 early miscarriages it's been too emotionally hard to get anything on track!) But it looks like it's finally working out!

I really want to keep my pregnancy weight gain down - or even lose some if i can so i can be healthier for the birth (which the thought of is scaring the crap out of me! LOL)
You guys have any good tips for good Atkins eating while pregnant? I want to avoid any fake sugars. and I've been obsessed with apples these days! LOL

I've been trying to get out an walk more, taking the dog on more walks, but i've got a lot of pain going on in my pelvis with all the muscles relaxing, it kills when i walk, but i know i need to to do it!

anyway, i know i always do better sticking to eating right when i post here, and you guys are a great bunch of people!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #119

Good morning. TGIF I just called and accepted that electrical job---start on Monday at 9 am.

Christine--congrats. Good to hear you are doing well.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: casweet31
Stats: 337/337/175
WOE: low-carb
thanks chewie! and congrats on the new job!! those are hard to come by these days!
casweet31 is offline   Reply With Quote