Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SeriouslyFunny
Stats: 294/xxx/165
Start Date: April 2013
Back with a vengeance.

Hi there! I returned to LC after a long absence in April, then life got in the way. But things are smooth(er) now, and I have no excuses, so I'm all in. Started a weight-loss journal thread and everything.

I moved a couple of months ago, and somehow left my scale behind. I'm buying a new one on payday next week, but I didn't want to wait until then to make the dietary changes. So I'm flying blind, which feels weird, because whenever I've actively been losing before I was a daily weigher. Anybody else done this while going without weighing for a couple of weeks?

Anyway, hi.
SeriouslyFunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
hi - glad that you are back on board.... no I have never not weighted myself... I am one of those people that have to weigh myself every day...

good luck..... you can do it.....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
Start Date: which time?
back, SeriouslyFunny! Yep. I'm doing it now. I have a great scale but try to limit how often I weigh. I use to weigh everyday. But I've found that if I don't get the results I think I should it gives me a 'what's the point' mentality.

So, now, once a week or so. I am making this the way I eat, period. So, I' m trying not to let how much and how fast I lose bother me..
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel9 View Post
back, SeriouslyFunny! Yep. I'm doing it now. I have a great scale but try to limit how often I weigh. I use to weigh everyday. But I've found that if I don't get the results I think I should it gives me a 'what's the point' mentality.

So, now, once a week or so. I am making this the way I eat, period. So, I' m trying not to let how much and how fast I lose bother me..
I like that approach. A lot of the reason I've cut out carbs is because I feel so much better, completely aside from weight loss. When I get the new scale in a couple of days, I think I'll try limiting the weighing to weekly. Maybe. It's a hard habit to break.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

lol - oh it is. It was whispering at me this morning! But, I managed to ignore it. It helps to keep a day in my head. Like, you can wait until Friday... Good luck, it a good habit to break, I think...
Old 10-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

So today I got paid, and will be ordering a new scale from Amazon, so I'll know on Friday or Saturday where I stand. I haven't been great about sticking to the WOE, and that's one reason weighing regularly always worked for me -- it keeps me accountable. So, we'll see how this goes, if I'm back to daily weighing, or if I can get by with bi-weekly or even less.

This morning, breakfast was full of extra bacon because The Husband was running late and left before he ate his share. Damn, too bad. So yeah, I ate six pieces of bacon with my Greek yogurt/pumpkin/stevia combination. So good.

Lunch will be the usual spinach salad, probably with HB eggs because I ran out of chicken.

Dinner tonight: Turkey/chorizo tacos on LC tortillas.

Note to self: Drink more water. I've been getting really thirsty mid-afternoon, when I notice that I haven't had anything to drink for hours and hours.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

The scale arrived! I'm down 6 pounds, which isn't a staggering achievement, but then I haven't exactly been vigilant about diet, either. I'm pretty well convinced now that I need to weigh often, because it keeps my eye on the prize, even though it risks becoming obsessive. I know, I know. Make up my damn mind.

Last edited by SeriouslyFunny; 10-18-2013 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 10-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: andipand
Stats: 293/287/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 08/04/2014
I find I have to weigh every day too to keep my eye on the prize. I weight sometimes several times a day when I'm being hardcore. I need a new scale it can vary by 4 lbs and it drives me crazy. I recently started back up too and need the support of this board. Good Luck to you!
andipand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslyFunny View Post
The scale arrived! I'm down 6 pounds, which isn't a staggering achievement, but then I haven't exactly been vigilant about diet, either
. Way to go! Whatd'ya mean that's not staggering?! You did great without knowing where you were! I think that's awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslyFunny View Post
I know, I know. Make up my damn mind.
Now, /\ that's funny! If you are going to weigh everyday, just make sure you understand your weight fluctuates normally. If you get on there and don't like the numbers, just give yourself a break... And if you do get obsessive, don't throw in the towel, throw out the scale. (I know, I know, I mean figuratively!!)
Old 10-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChetRogers
Stats: 385/330/250ish
WOE: Just eating better.
Start Date: 07/26/12 -Restart-
Welcome back SeriouslyFunny. I am also getting back in the Low carb scene. Good luck.
ChetRogers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetRogers View Post
Welcome back SeriouslyFunny. I am also getting back in the Low carb scene. Good luck.
Thanks, Chet! Let's do this thing!