Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   Excited by a scale (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/814254-excited-scale.html)

Kath17 10-08-2013 01:33 AM

Excited by a scale

I am anxiously waiting for a scale I ordered to come in the mail today. Can't say that's not surprising to me! I've been using a scale we have at work when I can sneak a weigh in when someone leaves the office! I'm actually looking forward to weighing more consistently and same time of the day!

I haven't posted much here yet, but do read when I get a chance. I have felt a lot of positive changes since re-starting Atkins in May and feels like I'm going full steam ahead with this.

Jazlyn 10-08-2013 07:53 AM

my scale is packed away somewhere because we are remodeling our kitchen. I can't wait to get it back. I know just how you feel.

pawleys14 10-08-2013 08:14 AM

I need to get a good scale..... I weight everyday at my health club... but that scale will not calibrate right - they have told me that... and in august when I was in my Dr office I weighted 10 less on their scale...

but since I way at my HC I have been going by their scale.... but really I am 10 less.......

what kind of scale did you order.... really need a scale that talks to me :D for my eyesight is not the best now......

snowangel9 10-08-2013 01:01 PM

I know what you mean Kath. Although I am trying to weigh less often. It messes with my head if I do it every day! I ordered a 'pro doc' scale and I love it. Wasn't cheap though but it seems accurate and the numbers are big enough I can actually see them! :)

Kath17 10-08-2013 05:18 PM

Diana, I didn't spend much ($25). It's a balancefrom. The reviews on amazon were decent. I had a scale but the weight limit was 300, so it hasn't been of much use to me for a long time. I can't wait until tomorrow to not have to sneak to weigh myself. :)

nill4me 10-08-2013 06:01 PM

I wish my scale talked too...things like woot woot! And you go girl!

pawleys14 10-09-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nill4me (Post 16635946)
I wish my scale talked too...things like woot woot! And you go girl!

yes that would be great....:D I will look into both the scales that were mentioned... thanks.....

pawleys14 10-14-2013 10:42 AM

going to Costco on Thurs... and see what kind of scales they have.....

oncloud9now2 10-14-2013 02:13 PM

I bit the bullet years ago and bought a weighted doctors type scale that you slide the weights on. It is always accurate. However, it doesn't talk!!:lol:

Kath17 10-14-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawleys14 (Post 16642659)
going to Costco on Thurs... and see what kind of scales they have.....

I hope you find one you like, Diana!

Dirty Harriet 10-14-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath17 (Post 16643176)
I hope you find one you like, Diana!

LIKE???!!
NOOOOOOOOO :(

I dread using the scale every time I see it. I know I have to change my outlook!!

pawleys14 10-20-2013 12:48 PM

did not find a scale at Costco.... they said that they would have some in next month... so went to Kmart... and found one........ I purchased a new scale (funny thing it is a WW scale) it is a glass body analysis scale - for bone mass . body fat. body water. BMI....

I knew that the scale at my HC was way off....... but was really surprise how much off.......

so today I weighted 280.9 a far cry from being in the 290's... was way happy when I saw that........

good news I had weighed 284.8 on Friday when I got the scale... and today 280.9 so I had a good whoosh....... have been eating really clean.... I think I got my mind-set again.... the past two weeks... was not eating all that clean...but now with this scale... it has made me want to work hard... so it is a good thing....

ChetRogers 10-22-2013 06:59 PM

I Like my Tanita scale. I got it maybe 6 years and it is still accurate.

Ntombi 10-22-2013 07:48 PM

I have a Tanita and an EatSmart scale. Both scales are within ounces of my doctor's scale, which is cool My Tanita is over 10 years old, too, so I'm happy the weight portion is still on point, but it is way off on my BF% (like more than 15 percentage points!), even when I make sure I'm properly hydrated and so on.

So I use the scales for weight, and go get a dunk test every four months to check my body fat analysis. It's cheap enough, and very accurate, so I feel better doing things this way.

pawleys14 10-23-2013 11:10 AM

Ntombi - that is cool that you get a dunk test...... yes, I love my new scale....and I think that it is helping me eat clean... just do not want to gain any weight now...:D

Jazlyn 10-28-2013 08:47 AM

I got a dunk test once. I thought I was huge and according to the test I only had to lose 4 lbs. I wonder what it would say now. Scary thought. How much does it cost, Ntombi?