Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
FOS Club - October 2013

to Octobers 'Friends of Sophie' thread ladies.... (and gents!?!)

Starting weight this month 201.6 x

Last edited by Genie80; 10-01-2013 at 12:16 AM..
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
starting weight 201.8
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
hi all - went and did one hour and `0 min of my WA.... and I had a great surprise..... scale read..... 289 - was soooo happy......

so starting weight for October 289

did not think that I would drop 2 pounds from yesterday because I went to my BFF's home to watch the last two shows of Dexter (can not believe that this is done....) and she made smoothies for us.....
in it was 1/2 kiwi - 1/2 apple - 1/2 banana - 1/2 tomato - spinach - celery - 1/2 red pepper... it was really good... but I thought oh oh - this is going to be bad for me.... but it wasn't... maybe because I ate so clean later that evening... and did my WA in the morning... and maybe it was because it was liquid - just do not know... but totaled up the carbs for it - was 20.9 - a whole day for me..... but this was just a once in a great while thing I will drink..

so I am going to eat really clean this week... because I am just 2 pounds short of my first goal of 25 pounds......

hope that everyone has a great day.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Starting weight for October: 246.4

Diana~ 2 pounds. Easy Peasy!!! You got this!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

10/1 - 200.4

My sleep schedule is all off today. Didn't get to bed until 2pm. So didn't get up until 8:30. No time to cook no time for anything really.... dont' like rushed days.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Hi All! Glad to see there is an October thread. Starting weight: 266

Sorry I haven't been by to chat much, I was super busy at work this past week and now I have some kind of awful virus. I'm hoping the antibiotics won't interfere with my weight loss, but I was sure to get the sugar free cough drops. I'm still on plan [induction] and having no desire to quit so far, which is somewhat surprising to me, but in a good way! It just proves that I really am dedicated this time. Tomorrow marks an official two weeks on plan, but I think I will stay on induction a little longer. I was reading the Induction section of this website and saw that several people with a lot of weight to lose end up extending it and do really well that way. As of yesterday, my husband has decided to join me, which is great. He only wants to lose 20-30 lbs, but I'm happy to have the company - it's much easier to prepare meals and buy groceries if we're on the same plan. We're supposed to be getting a cold front here in TX also, so I'm really excited about being able to take my little one on walks when we get home from work. He just loves to get in his wagon or be pushed along in his cozy coupe, so it will be fun for all of us.

Pawleys - only 2 lbs to go!! That's awesome! You will nail that in no time. I LOVED the Dexter series, followed it for many years, and was so sad that it ended. I have mixed feelings about the finale, but I think it was OK. A lot of people didn't like it at all.

Laura - I am always rushed as well, especially before work. That tends to be my downfall, so I have been pre-cooking a lot of things, like "egg muffins" or a quiche to eat for breakfast for a few days. It has helped, but being sick for the past few days I have slacked on cooking. I'm hoping to make up for that tonight now that I'm feeling a little better. I never did make my "pumpkin pie"! Hopefully I can squeeze that in tonight as well, I know my husband would appreciate it. He was having a sweets craving last night and examining the amount of carbs in everything, which was pretty funny. But if I can do this, I know he can.

I'm glad to see everyone is doing ok so far. TTYS.
Bren
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura~ I'm so sorry that you're feeling rushed. I hate that! Sending some patience your way, and hoping maybe things slow alittle bit for you! Remember how close you are to Onederland!!!!

Bren~ Good to see you! I'm so sorry you're sick, that really does bite. My DH is in the beginning stages of something too....praying like heck it either comes and goes quick or doesn't develop into anything as we have a little road trip planned for weekend after next! Planning and pre-cooking definitely helps, and I am so thankful that I take the time to do this. There is no accounting for my bad choices once I reach that place of feeling "starved" and nothing ready to eat right away Wonderful that DH is joining you, it definitely helps! Mine isn't following what I'm doing but he gets whatever I make for dinner at least--the days of me cooking for 2 seperate lifestyles are over.
Actually really looking forward to the cooler weather we're getting too. I just wish it cooled earlier in the day, but too soon for that I suppose.. I'd like to get out for some walks and start racking up some exercise.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Bren - hope you feel better soon!

DesertGurl - I know what you mean. I'm looing forward to not having a roommate... he has the damn air conditioner on. It blows straight on my chair so I can't even sit in the living room and watch tv tonight.. less than a month. The bf gets cold easier than I do so this won't be a problem anymore! YAY!!!!
I'm going to throw the scale out ... Yeppers that's what I'm gonna do. Yesterday 200.4 today 205.6 is that even possible? WTH?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura~ for whatever reason, our upstairs is MUCH cooler than downstairs....sometimes downright freezing. All this coming from someone who HATES to be hot! So you know when *I'm* saying it's cold ya know it's cold! NO, it's not true! There is no way you are 205.. Stress can create a hold on your weight, and I know you're going through some of it right about now. Hang in there and know this too shall pass I know it's hard, but you are working your plan how it's supposed to be done. It's not your fault that your scale doesn't know what's up.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

bren - sorry to hear about your virus... hope that you are feeling better... and that is great that your hubby is starting this WOE... that helps.....
I did not like the Dexter ending... I want Dexter to be with Hannah and Harrison... and in my mind.. he goes go back to them.....
I also am staying on induction... with having so much to lose... I need to do this WOE for a long while......

laura - hang in there...... and yes stress can do havoc on our bodys...

well, my swimming suit (with swimming most every day) has taken a large toll,,,so I did have one that I purchased about 1 1/2 years ago.... but it did not fit me..... I was wearing a 3X swimming suit... and this new one was
2X... and it fit me so excited..... wore it this morning to do my WA.... so I am losing inches also.... it felt so good to get into this suit......

am trying really hard to eat really clean the rest of this week so I will be down 25 pounds on Sunday...... am keeping my fingers crossed....
Old 10-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
That is so exciting Paws!! I am going to start back with my WA tomorrow. I'm still recovering from my Vegas trip. lol
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Thanks Laura & Danielle! I got a z-pack(?) from the doctor and I am almost back to normal now, those things work miracles. Working full time, precooking all of these meals and taking care of my 1 year old - I have no time to be sick!
Don't mind your scale, I think it's just playing tricks on you because you're so close to Onederland! My scale does that sort of thing to me also. My husband always eats what I cook without complaint, but then goes to lunch the next day and has a hamburger, fries & apple pie. Now he's eating what I make for dinner AND lunch! and breakfast. and snacks. whew! That's a lot of prep, but it's paying off at least. He is down 4 lbs in just 2-3 days, so I think he's encouraged to stick with it and see what happens.

Paws - That was the worst part of the ending, Hannah was ok, but I couldn't believe he just abandoned his son like that. I was bawling my eyes out. Part of me hopes it ended that way so they can return with a spin-off series later, maybe Harrison will be all grown up as the new Dexter. What if his "condition" was genetic?? Remember his brother? Who knows. Maybe it's really gone forever. I'm feeling inspired to try water aerobics, it has always seemed do-able for me since I love water and it's low impact, but I don't love being in a swimsuit. I think I'll suck it up and try it anyway one of these days, at least a trial class.

I'm the kind of person who likes it cold in my house, I get hot so easily. Especially because it's always hot outside. The weather in TX is supposed to be in the 70's next week!! I find that hard to believe, but will LOVE it. We usually only have two seasons - HOT and HOTTER.

Today is the official 2 week mark of my induction plan --- down 14 lbs. Woohoo! I guess that would be -9 the first week and -5 for week 2... not too shabby. I'm anxious to see what week 3 brings and praying my scale doesn't stall anytime soon. Trying to lose 100+ lbs is so overwhelming, it really helps when the scale cooperates!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Last edited by br3n; 10-03-2013 at 09:04 AM..
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi Everyone,

Can I say , referring to one of my favorite shows, Dexter. I was shocked with the finale. I understand why it went that way, but I'm still shocked and sad that it is over. My favorite shows are gone, Dexter, The Wire and Breaking Bad. Anyway, I am really watching my carb count daily. I haven't walked in two days because my knees are sore. Next week I am going to D.C. To sightsee, so I have to rest my knees.

On the subject of hot and cold, I have usually the air conditioner running most of the winter. I have a fan on me every night. I am always hot. It's funny though, when I am thinner,then I am always cold. I look forward to being cold all the time.

Brenda I hope you are feeling better. You are doing fantastic.

Way to go Diana!

Laura there was a time about two weeks ago when I actually hated my scale. I had every family member step on it to make sure it was still working. I did not lose weight for 9 days . I learned not to be disappointed but kept going on. Don't worry you will do fine.

Danielle I love Arizona. I'm sure it's a little toasty there.

Have a great afternoon!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Bren~ so glad you're starting to feel better! WTG on the weight loss, that is fabulous! It's only hot and hotter here too, I HATE it here. I'm a northern CA girl and this desert living is not so fun! So glad DH is seeing some fun results, it's so encouraging.

Sammi~ Never saw Dexter (but my son loves it), or the Wire... We have the Breaking Bad seasons on blu-ray but are only on the first one We have so much to watch that we're way behind on everything. Hope the knees get to feeling better soon! Yeah, I think I'd enjoy AZ to *visit* but this desert dwelling stuff is not for this Cali girl
Old 10-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Down 3 pounds today with not enough sleep so hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal. I'm hoping that my water pill wasn't in the pill section for yesterday and that is the problem. Here's to hoping!

br3n glad you're feeling better. Sounds like you have a lot of prep work to do but the results should be worth it.

Sammi, I haven't seen the last Dexter yet but love the show. I know the scale will go back to normal and maybe this time when I get to onederland it'll stick. He's to working the program.

pawleys14 great to hear ya have a new swimsuit!!! Congratz! one less thing for me to stress about ... I sign my lease for the new place tonight or tomorrow morning... YAY! Plus the landlord is gonna replace the kitchen, hallway and bathroom floors with new laminate wood ones... can't wait to move now! Have so much to get done before then. I have the first boxes in the house now and the 1st one packed so off I go to get them all packed before I go to work tonight so I can get more... Gonna pack all but the essentials. The landlord said I can start putting the boxes at the new place since I don't' have room here to store them once they are packed.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

re: Dexter - was sad about Deb, but in a way I was glad.. just could not stand her potty mouth....

br3n - great news that your hubby is on the plan with ya..... and you down 14 pounds see we CAN do this... just takes time... so glad that y'all are feeling better.... as for swim suits... I an not largest person that swims in at my HC - and there are a lot of people smaller than me... but everyone there is so encouraging - there are a lot of older people and we just all want to get healthy..... so do not be ashamed to get out there and do some swimming....

sammi - wow girl... you are lucky you missed all the action in DC today... what crazy people we have in this world.... just hope that the police officer will be ok..... and I also am upset when I stall.... and sometimes it is when I eat really clean.... go figure...

laura - wow great news about your new place...... you floors will be great....

ate really clean today... so we will see tomorrow on the scale.....
Old 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura~ WTG on the 3 lbs! New floors, now that's cool!

Pawleys14~ Hooray for eating clean! The scale is surely going to show your hard work

Went to the movies this afternoon with DD...I may have had a few handfuls of popcorn Meh! Chugging the water now--will have to do more than my usual 130oz and pray for no fluctuation on the scale in the a.m. ....I'll learn one of these days!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Wow... I am offline for a couple of days and you guys get up to so much!

I went over to Leeds on Tuesday evening to my Mums (about an hour and a half train journey) then we went out for a meal with her new chap.. seems a decent sort!
Wednesday we drove over to Lincoln (just over an hour on a good day but heavy rain and lots of congestion meant over 2 hours) to see my Grandad in the home and check in on him. Drove back to Leeds late afternoon and I got the train back to Manchester.. I managed a DD whilst travelling and came in at 520c.. so pleased with myself, weighed in yesterday morning expecting a small downward whoosh.. but nothing still exactly the same 201.6

Oh well... went a bit overboard on my UD yesterday but going to be super good on my DD today and hopefully will get the scale away from my Magic number when I weigh in tomorrow.

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great weekend, ladies! Remember your goals and why you want to lose weight. Be good to you!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

As if enough wasn't going on right now, my roommate is moving out this weekend. He's the one on the lease so I'm not sure where me and the little boys are going until November 1st when we move to our new place. We might be homeless for a month. I really hate life right about now...
Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

laura - sorry to hear that..... praying that things work out for ya....
Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been on Atkins this time since Aug. 11th - and have dropped almost 25 pounds and one dress size .. very proud of myself... and been exercising.

so have three great friends that are also on a new WOE with WW program. well, they have talking and two of them think that WW is the only and best diet there is....and they are soooo worried about me and this WOE... even though my blood sugar has been great..... I am a diabetic.. and I have been feeling great....

just WTH is wrong with them speaking with this one friend... she said that she was worried and I said why.. and she said that I wasn't eating protein - I said what the heck do you mean??? the proteins I eat are zero carbs... I AM eating protein... I then tried to tell her something about Atkins... that I eat chicken, fish, seafood, all the good veggies... that right now I am not eating fruit - because it tends to spike my blood sugar.....
I told her she would really read the book....

she said well - didn't that nurse (at a clinic I used to go to) say that I should eat 120 carbs A DAY --gosh if I ate those carbs each day I would be 400 pounds and my sugar would be off the charts....I told her you can not always believe the medical field.

my other friend keeps telling about things I should eat... and they are always something with bread... which I am staying away from....

I know that they love me and want the best for me.... but it bugs the heck out of me..... I do not trash WW.... I used to do WW - but with that diet I tended to eat the bread and fruits because they tend to push that stuff.... and I did not lose weight and my B/S stayed high...

the four of us are going out on Friday to a play and dinner... and I think I want to write down a few days of meals and show them and say - ok what is wrong with this way of eating......

really do hate it when people trash something they do not know anything about....... sorry to vent soooo long... but I know that this is common thing that happens to people on Atkins...

any pointers.... I do not want to get angry at them... just want them to know that I am eating well and it is making me heathy...and just to worry about their own WOE and stay the heck away from mine.....LOL
Old 10-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura~ thinking of you and praying that something clicks for you quickly!

Diana~ I found Atkins and the world of low carbing about 10 years ago.. it was love at first sight! For what ever reason or another I did not stick with it, but always came back to it because I loved how it made me feel.. I have tried every diet known to man, I think and nothing helped me find a love for veggies as Atkins. I ate more vegetables doing Atkins than I ever did with any other plan. EVER. People always tend to believe the rumors that all low carbers eat are pounds of bacon and ginormous steaks.. sooooo not the case! Low carbers DO eat carbs...they're called vegetables! Low carb has always been the red-headed stepchild in the weight loss community but the critics and doctors are slowly starting to change their tune. More and mroe studies are coming out that proves that low carbing does indeed work, especially for long-term success. Ask them to read the book and then talk to you. Tell your friends you're trying to fight fair with people who are educated in a subject to which they're speaking on. While I don't do strict Atkins right now (it stopped working for me) I do carb cycle, which means every other day I *am* eating low carb.. I can't imagine any other way to eat. Ever. They need to realize that not everyone is the same. People lose with different plans better or worse. Doing WW all I ever wanted to eat were 100 cal. packs of junk food and sandwiches. Hey, I was within points, right? Never mind how cruddy it all made me feel We all gotta do what we have to make ourselves feel better. Seriously tho', your friends need to read up on what they're talking about before trying to lecture the 1 person at the table who HAS read it and knows the facts. Being diabetic should show them a HUGE reason as to why you do well with LC. They obviously do not have an understanding about the effects of insulin and glucose and what it does to the body(esp. a diabetic!)...if they did, I doubt anyone would argue with you. Good luck! I know you'll set them straight out of love, we all deserve to be supported especially by the people who claim to care so much for us!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Danielle - thanks... you are right about the 100 cal. snacks... I ate them a lot while I was on WW... forgot about that
and yes they were worried out of love... but with all I have accomplished these 7 weeks.. you would think they would agree that my WOE is the best thing for me.... - I know that I will never change Kathy's mind... she thinks that WW is the best diet in the world and nothing else can touch it....

so I will just continue on this WOE journey... and I will drop all this weight.... right now I am in a stall so I am going to pump up my exercise and see if that helps....

so glad that I have y'all for support.. thanks... Diana

ps - I am hoping that I will drop the most weight between the four of us.... that is bad for me to think, but I would love to really prove to them that this WOE is great......
Old 10-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Diana, your best way to show them is to lose the weight. I'm willing to bet that you will lose faster and more consistently than they will. Do any of them have alot to lose? Also, have you considered that there is just a slight tinge of jealousy?? They see you feeling great, enjoying your food, and still losing weight...maybe there's a bit of the green-eyed monster coming out. I know I'd be jealous is I was WW'ing it with all the low fat stuff and watching you getting to eat steak, eggs, bacon, etc...and still losing weight
And NO, it's not bad of you to hope you lose the most! I'd want to do that too just to prove that this can be done. You got this, stay the course, get all of your food in, and keep drinking water...the scale will move!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Danielle - wow girl..... you are a sweetie.... and soooo supportive... thanks...

two have a lot to lose, but not as much as me... I am the fatty of our group - but hopefully not for long.....and the one friend that spoke with me today... well she is 80 years old.... and sometimes she like she is my mother (I lost my Mama six years old) so I guess she is just being a mom to me...... but she is funny.... as I have said I do my WA and am trying to do my walking tape (need to do that one more LOL) and she told me one day after I told her that I was doing my WA just about every day... and she said - well, you should start using all the machines at my health club.... and I thought this is a woman that does no exercise at all but I know she just wants the best for me.... and I do plan to start the machines, just not right now.....

and I know that I really should of not gotten upset, but I never talk about Atkins being the only WOE plan.... so I think I bring this up in a good way when we going out to dinner next Friday.... and just ask them what they think I am eating... and we will go from there.....

health wise - my blood sugar numbers have been just great... usually under 100 - (when I get more carbs it spikes) and this week they were in the 70's and low 80's - so they can not say anything about my B/S numbers.... when I was eating on WW or just regular my numbers were high..

well, sorry to go on like this...... you have a great week end.. love ya diana

Last edited by pawleys14; 10-05-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Old 10-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/242/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
May I join you?

Hello gals... been reading about your "club" today and would love to join in the camaraderie if I may.. I haven't weighed myself in six months or more since I gave up on dieting.. I'm back with my tail between my legs and guess I better start weighing once a week. I'll weigh tomorrow - Sunday (oh,, shudder to think) and will report in. Last time I was here at LCF I was at about 255.. I'm sure I gained at least 15 lbs not dieting.. We'll see.. My goal would be about 150, but I'd be thrilled to just be in onederland.

I started a journal just now - gulp - link in my signature (I hope).

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Judy

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Diana, you're so welcome! I know what it feels like to feel like you're in the twilight zone wondering why everyone freaks out at the word "Atkins". This will be your gift to them, to educate them and show them that it is, indeed, a wonderful way to lose weight and achieve alot of great health benefits along the way! Be strong and just show 'em whatcha got! Too cute about your older friend, that's most definitely out of love coming from her..my g'ma talks to me like that it cracks me up...but then again, I am pretty sure that my g'ma at 88 could out-dance me any day of the week, no joke. Enjoy your company and maybe everyone can learn a thing or two, KWIM? Who knows, maybe once it clicks one of them (or all of them?) may jump ship and join you! If they *still* don't wanna get it, just tell them you're allergic to sugar and starch (which, I guess you kinda are, right? ) maybe that will make them go, hmmmmmmm.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Judy Good to have you here! I'm pretty new'ish to this thread too, everyone here is lovely. Jump on in, the water's warm!
Just remember, that starting number is nothing more than that. A beginning. You have the power within you to change it and get as far away from it as you want! Glad to share in the journey!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy - - so glad that you wish to join us.... we have a great bunch of gals here... so supportive ... and we can do this together....