Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Diana~ all in all you had a pretty great day I'd think. Yes you ate later than you'd liked, but you ate legal food. This says alot about where you've come from and where you are NOW. Be proud that your mindset is changing! The weather gets the best of many of us. I, for one, would love a few days of rain and zero sun.. Heading into mid-Oct. and still sitting in the 90's will do that to a girl Regroup today and keep on moving, you're doing GREAT!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandNewMe
Stats: 269.0/249.2/140.0
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/14/14
Danielle: thanks for the help... makes sense now!

Diana: glad you're having a better day

Gina: glad those moles are OK...reminds me that i need to have some checked
BrandNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
The weather gets the best of many of us. I, for one, would love a few days of rain and zero sun.. Heading into mid-Oct. and still sitting in the 90's
Temps have dropped here today, no sun and a cold wind so the heating will be going on tonight. I don't think I can remember the last time we had a good summer and also had a warm September/October also... but I'm not complaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMe View Post
Gina: glad those moles are OK...reminds me that i need to have some checked
Yes Kim... make sure you do, it was my Mum who noticed one on my chest looked different which in turn got me into a bit of a panic! Feel quite relieved now thought

Back in work today... really not feeling the love for it, could have easily rolled over and gone back to sleep after the alarm went off. Oh well meeting at 10am then home at 1.30 so only a half day for me x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Hello All,

It is so dark and rainy today. I started my walking again. On Monday night I tripped and fell in my living room. I landed on both knees and elbows. When I got up and we all stopped laughing, I noticed my arms and knees were bruised. I am such a clumsy person. Anyway I was not able to really walk since then because I had pain in both knees and it hurt to move. I am much better today, so I forced myself to walk two miles. Thank goodness , because now I am almost back to normal.

Gina I'm so glad your checkup was okay. I hope your meeting went well.

Diana we all have those kind of days for sure. Everyday is a new day.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Finally got some rain and much cooler weather So nice to be able to open up all the windows and feel that cool breeze! Makes me a happy happy happy girl today!

Sammi~ oh girl, you're just like me, a member of the klutzy club...can't tell ya how many times I've tripped over my own 2 feet! Glad you're ok and feeling like walking again. I really need to get on that exercise, my body is telling me to get on it already.

Gina~ good luck at the meeting, hope it all goes well. Relieved to know that the check-up was nothing serious.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Sammi glad to hear yer back to walking.

Got moved so all is well here. Have candles burning in the fireplace it looks so pretty. Smells yummy too!
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/241.8/150
WOE: Whatever I feel like that day....
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
OMG, Sammi – your post was so “ME” about all the external stuff we buy to get thinner.. When in reality, just like Dorothy’s ruby slippers in The Wizard of Oz, the ability was within us all along. So simple, yet not so easy!

Diana, we all have bad days.. and the important thing is jumping right back on.. just like you did! WTG!

Danielle, I am sure I’ll check out the Chris Powell program eventually. Still haven’t bought the book yet. HAHA, but by buying the book I am adding the gazillionth book to my collection.. I am glad you like it and it is working for ya!

Gina, sorry about your problems at work, but so glad your skin checked out well!

I did a mid-week scale check this morning even though I told myself I wouldn’t.. I am going out of town for the weekend and won’t be able to weigh until Monday. I hoped for the best so that I’d have the motivation to stay diligent when I am away. It worked – 4 lbs down since Sunday. And, I’ve only been moderately low carb. I’ll be using this for my Sunday weigh in with a plan not to weigh again until the Sunday after. Next week I’ll take my carbs down another notch. This week I allowed myself a few crackers and tortilla chips and one martini drinking night (they had some sugar – not dry martinis). Next week I’ll start bringing my own LC flaxseed crackers to social events. That’s where the trouble has been this week and I knew it would be..

BTW, these social events that you will always here about from me are usually Mah Jongg games. For those who don't know, it's a wonderful brain challenging and fun game. This weekend I am going to Chicago for a tournament where I can win cash prizes and play with the TOP players in the midwest. This will be my 7th tournament in the last few years. It's addicting! I have both a group through the community I live in and a few "fast playing" friends that play. Food is ALWAYS involved!

Hello to everyone else!! I’ll check in on my Kindle while away, but won’t be able to say more than a few words. It’s a pain typing on that little keyboard!

Have a great day and a great weekend!!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
judy - wow down 4 lbs... great job.... and have fun in Chicago...I just adore Chicago.. many years ago my son and DIL lived there... loved to visit.... great town... so much to see and do...

laura - so glad that you are all moved in..... I love candles... makes the home smell so good...

Danielle - glad that you are having cooler weather... same here.... so I have made some homemade soup.. chicken and veggie.... like this cooler weather.

well, I went yesterday in the early evening to a "Zumba water aerobics" class... it really was not that much Zumba.... but it was fun... she played fun music - staying alive - the twist - and YMCA for a few songs.... gosh the seven of us had a ball... and we worked hard...... smiled and laughed alot.. and I had done my 1 hr of WA at 7am that morning... so when I got home at 7pm... whew I was tired.. had a bowl of soup... sat down in my chair and fell asleep so got up and went to bed at 8:45pm... way early for me... and

then got up this morning at 6:15am and went and did 50 min of WA.... was a tad sore.. but a good sore... so I am going to continue her class.... I normally do my WA on my own, but taking a class is so much fun.....

tomorrow I will go with my sister at 7am and do WA, then drop her home and then come back at 9am and do the Zumba class again...... whew.... if this doesn't help get my weight off... I do not know what will

hope that everyone has a great day... love ya all diana

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Laura~ so glad that you're all settled in!

Judy~ good luck this weekend and great job on the scale this week!
The plan is really great but you definitely need to be all in or it won't work. It's time consuming if you don't plan, etc.. So definitely check it out when you feel inspired, even if you just read it and get some ideas on how to continue on your own plan. It's worth the read.

Diana~ look at you go, you exercising queen! You are doing all sorts of good thing for yourself and I bet you feel amazing!!
Still hanging on to some of that cooler weather today and I'm very thankful. Not as cool as yesterday which is a good thing so I can keep the windows open.
-----------------

Scale is doing a bounce up today. I'm not a happy girl. Yeah, I know, hang on, it'll drop..etc.. I wouldn't be so worried if it weren't for the fact that we're heading out of town this weekend for a little road trip to LA.. I have a challenge that I'm in that ends on Sunday officially..Mon. or Tues. we have to submit scale pictures for verification to actually "win"... I want my $$$ darnit! I DID meet that number this week but I'm concerned with the bouncy bounce that traveling brings--bloat, not enough sleep, salty food, not enough water...you get the picture. The only weight that's gonna count is the one I do for those darn pics and I'm gonna be one annoyed cookie if I blow this. Definitely did not plan the correlation of signing up for this challenge and when our trip was.. all my fault. It is what it is, and hopefully the deck will stack in my favor. I will do what I can to stay on track and bring some non-perishable stuff to keep with me.. Sat. will be a LONG day of sitting and standing.. Seeing P!NK so it will all be worth it in the end, I suppose
Old 10-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

so this morning at 7am my sister and I went and did 40 min of WA... then I drove her home... stopped at my home... let my fur-child outside... and took my suit off and used the bathroom - dried the suit quickly in the dryer.. put it back on and went and did the Zumba WA class... had a great time.... now really tired.... but feel good.....

made some more chicken/veggie soup..... and I should clean up my home..... so we will see......

everyone have a great week-end... love ya diana
Old 10-13-2013, 03:46 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: burlesml
Stats: 365/250/145
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 11/18/2011 Restart:10/12/13
Hi!

Hello everybody!

Can I join you guys? Trying to get back on this wagon and this seems like a supportive group
burlesml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Sure burlesml. It will be great to get to know you.

Today is going to be the first day I can just follow my routine and actually get some sleep!!! YAY Sleep is good. That way I can get up at a resonable time and work on a new recipe. Chicken Primavera Casserole.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Names ........ SW ..... 10/06........10/13............10/20............10/27

01 Gina ..
02 Angelica..
03 Laura ......200.8.....198.6
04 Sophie ...
05 Sammi ....241.........241..........240
06 Danielle .247.4.....246.6
07 Tammy ...255........255
08 Brand
09 Brenda ... 266....263
10 Fonda .....
11 Diana ..... 291.....291
12 Judy ......267.5......267.5

Good Morning All. Today is weigh in day.

Burlesmi.

Diana you are so energetic . Great job.

Laura your casserole sounds delicious .

Have a happy Sunday!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Hi all, i know it's a little late in the month, but I'd love to join in. I started off the month at 350.00 and this morning am at 345.60. I've been losing regularly for the past few weeks after a bit of a stall.

I am on vacation for another ten days and am going to work hard to stay on plan. Time out of my regular schedule usually finds me cheating.

Yesterday my mom and I went up to Vermont for the day. Compared to last year doing the same thing I could walk around much better, wasn't sweating as much moving this body around and less back pain. That really made my day.
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Kath good to have you with us. This is a great group of supportive people in here. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: baglady38462
Stats: 277/262/150
Hi everyone, I am slowly getting back to normal( stress levels coming down) and the scale has stated moving again! Down one pound to 254 i'm happy it moved!!!! Welcome to all the newcomers this board is full of great uplifting people and I thank God for all of them!! Have a great week! God Bless all!! Tammy
baglady38462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy glad the scale moved for you. It jumped for me. Down from 197 to 193 overnight! I finally got sleep and the stress of the past week is over! YAY Finally got to come home today and just be normal! In my new place it feels wonderful!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Just got home from my weekend trip.. Wanted to get my weigh in posted:

01 Gina ..
02 Angelica..
03 Laura ......200.8.....198.6
04 Sophie ...
08 Brand
09 Brenda ... 266....263
10 Fonda .....
12 Judy ......267.5......267.5........263.5
Old 10-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

01 Gina ..
02 Angelica..
03 Laura ......200.8.....198.6........193.6
04 Sophie ...
08 Brand
09 Brenda ... 266....263
10 Fonda .....
Old 10-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Wow Laura - please send over some of that WHOOSH formula my way!! Great job! Everyone else - you losers, keep losing! Maintainers or gainers - no worries since your "bod" is just adjusting. Strugglers - it happens.. YOU can do it starting now!

I am just back from a weekend away.. A snippet from my journal post:

I am pleased (basically) with my food choices. I did have some carbs each day in the form of “junk” such as an English Muffin on a breakfast sandwich both mornings, and some tortilla chips at a Mexican restaurant… BUT I did NOT say “what the heck, I am on a mini-trip – I may as well go crazy” at any time during the weekend.

I truly think my 6 month hiatus from dieting and NOT paying attention to carbs, calories, etc. helped me reset my brain. I refuse to deprive myself because it will only cause a backlash later. If I cannot sustain a behavior for the long term I will not do it.. That’s why I won’t do strict Atkins induction. I may use it as a template, but add a couple of “must have” items to avoid deprivation.

Today's menu was a yummy Baja Chili salad from Wendy's for lunch today while I drove home. Yes, it had a few beans and 1/2 ounce of tortilla strips - but it is filling and delicious! It prompted me to take out some ground turkey meat from the freezer and make up a big batch of taco meat. I love taco salads - homemade especially with avocado, mixed greens, tomatoes, shredded cheese, etc.!!

Meatballs (from Sbarro at the Tollway Oasis) for dinner over shirataki noodles. Tomorrow has no appointments or commitments, so should be a good day to go to the pool for water aerobics and catch up on computer work. Including LCF!!

Here's to being happy and the healthiest we can be!

Judy
Old 10-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Hey Everybody!

Thank you for the warm welcome

Well, Day 3 is in the books. It was a pretty good day. Cravings are mostly gone - yay! I've discovered bulletproof coffee and I'm in heaven!! I work 3rd shift and have 2 littles at home during the day, so caffeine is my lifeline....not the best strategy, but that's where I am right now.

Laura: That's awesome! Such a nice little weekend gift

Judy: Sounds like you had a fun weekend and stayed on track! Do you like the shirataki noodles? Which ones do you use? I tried the orzo years ago and the smell was a little hard to get past. May have to try again though

Can't wait to get to know everybody I'm on Day 5 of a 9 day stretch at work, so I'll be popping in sporadically.
__________________________________________________ ____
Monica
Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

YAY another 3rd shifter!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
YAY another 3rd shifter!!!!
It's an interesting life, huh? I am SO hungry right now! I've already eaten the chicken and yogurt I brought. Had 70+ ounces of water and a cup of bulletproof coffee. There's nothing here but carb loaded vending machine junk and I still have 5 hours left. Ugh!! I can DO THIS!

Sorry, just talking myself away from the vending machine LOL
Old 10-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

After awhile it becomes natural I sell candy bars and don't even want one. I've been doing LC for 6 months and don't eat near as much as I did. I have to go shopping at the thrift store for lil plates, they dont' sell them to match my set so I'm gonna get some fun ones. So be patient and eat until you're full, good things will be coming soon enough!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
After awhile it becomes natural I sell candy bars and don't even want one. I've been doing LC for 6 months and don't eat near as much as I did. I have to go shopping at the thrift store for lil plates, they dont' sell them to match my set so I'm gonna get some fun ones. So be patient and eat until you're full, good things will be coming soon enough!
Thanks for talking me off the ledge Cannot WAIT for it to be just the way things are.... This is my first attempt at LC. I lost 115 pounds on a liquid diet 2 years ago and have kept it off, but not lost anymore. Tried everything else the past 2 years, so I thought I'd give this a go.... This is challenging as I don't really like meat much and I hate to cook, but I'm determined!!

Glad there's somebody else logged on in the dead of the night
Old 10-14-2013, 02:28 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I'm funny about meat myself. I get around it by making recipes and eating more veggies. The thing is I LOVE TO COOK!!!!!!! I look forward to it every day. I love food, from grocery shopping all the way to putting it in the freezer for later. I'm a FOODIE! I can't help it. I need to have a low carb restrauant so I can cook for lots of people. That would make me so happy. Maybe someday!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13

01 Gina ........201.6.....201.6.......204.4(WTH???)
02 Angelica..
04 Sophie ...
08 Brand
09 Brenda ... 266....263
10 Fonda .....
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

02 Angelica..
04 Sophie ...
08 Brand
09 Brenda ... 266....263
10 Fonda .....
13 Kath17...................350..........345.6
14 Burlesmi

Kath17

Burlesmi could we please have your starting weight and current weight, or you could just put them in. Copy and paste.

This is a great group here. We try to encourage each other and are very supportive . This has really helped me to try to stay accountable . It is comforting to know I have a place to go when I feel weak or if I give in to temptation. There is no judging here, just understanding. We are all in this journey together . There are many other threads in this forum that might help you too. Keeping in touch is so powerful.

Have a wonderful Monday.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

02 Angelica..
04 Sophie ...
08 Brand
09 Brenda ... 266....263
10 Fonda .....
11 Diana ..... 291.....291.............293 ( also WTH????)
14 Burlesmi

monica - we love new people.....

laura - I know I would love to come to a restaurant if you owned one... you are a super cook.......

darn - had a bad day yesterday and am up today ..... and with all this exercise I have been doing maybe I am getting more muscle - but going through my master closet I am trying on tops that I could not wear in a long while... so know I am losing inches... so eating very clean today..... did not go yet and do my WA... may just do my walking DVD... we will see...... but I am not going to get upset.. my son told me that stress can throw my body off... so I am going to just chill out and start again......I know that this happens to us all...life happens..... but I know that I will feel and look better when I get all this weight off......

hope that everyone has a great day.. love ya all diana
Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

02 Angelica..
04 Sophie ...
08 Brand
09 Brenda ... 266....263
10 Fonda .....