Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SexySadie
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2012
New to Century Club

I have been a member of this forum since May 2013, but I haven't gotten serious about following Atkins until this past week. My sister and I are totally committed to this woe. My sister has already lost about 10 pounds so far. I am pretty sure I've lost, but I don't weigh myself because I've had a bad relationship with scales in the past. I know when I'm losing and when I'm not. I weigh about 320 and I would be happy to get to 200 pounds. I have lost 100 pounds 4 times in my life and each time I gained it all back plus some. (I'm sure no one else has ever had that experience....) Each time before, I followed low-cal, low-fat diets--and wound up with a very nice case of bulimia for about 5 years. I also was in a rehab facility for 8 months--via an "intervention". It was a HORRIBLE experience. Not long after I left (against "doctor's" orders) I gained the 80 pounds I lost (by force) plus some. While there, I was verbally and emotionally abused by my "therapist" who had a long history of doing the same to other patients. That's another LONG story...

Anyway, I am following Atkins and just need some support. I need to know that there are people like myself who have lost 100 pounds or more following Atkins or another low-carb program.

I am 62 years old, semi-retired, and I have a number of handicaps which stunt my mobility--I have neuropathy in my feet (feels like I'm walking on sharp shards of rock) and a very bad left knee that should have been replaced years ago. I have no health insurance at present, so surgery is not an option at this point. So, right now, my health issues can only be resolved by losing weight. I believe that my diabetes can be controlled (cured) with eliminating carbs from my diet.

So, that is my story. I look forward to participating here and elsewhere on this forum. Thanks for having me!
SexySadie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Sadie- Glad you are here!! I lost 110lbs on low carb about 9 years ago and gained it all back plus more. I have bad knees and other health prob. that keep me from exercising as much as I would like. I began again May 27th and plan to continue this WOE. It will be the only way I can stay healthy!
I invite you to the 300+ Fall Thread and The Halloween Challenge Thread. I love the support and friendship and challenges always keep us on our toes.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Oncloud9now2: Thanks so much! It helps to know that there are people like myself who have lots of weight to lose and with physical disabilities. Where do I find the "300+ Fall Thread" and the "Halloween Challenge Thread"? I've looked at a number of threads here that I thought I would like to join, but most of them require a weekly weigh-in. I don't have a scale and have no intention of getting one.

Again, thanks for the support!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I found it! Thanks!