Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Sophie - my thoughts and prayers are still with you.

br3n - I used coconut flour herbed biscuit dough on top sauteed the mushrooms and green onion with the chicken, steamed the cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot shred, boiled the turnips in cubes and threw it all together. Forgot the stupid cream of mushroom gravy and put the biscuit dough on top and baked for 30 minutes. I added the gravy after it came out of the oven was still
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrandNewMe
Stats: 269.0/249.2/140.0
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/14/14
just checking in...

i'm down -3.4lbs today so i'm EXCITED.

menu was:

Breakfast:

4 pieces of turkey bacon
2 boiled eggs

no lunch

Dinner:

2 pieces of grilled catfish, seasoned rice, and a few sweet potato fries

Because of the rice and sweet potato fries (and the fact that I didn't have any green veggies), I was shocked at the loss but going to be even more strict the next few days.
BrandNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi All,

I am down another pound. I was so disappointed this morning. I went on my IPAD and pressed photos by mistake. Up pops out a picture of me last year in Arizona. I rarely have pictures taken of myself. I look so big and terrible. All I could think of is how did I let myself get so huge. One positive of this is next year this could be my before picture and my after picture will be over 120 pounds lighter. I guess it was such a shock because I haven't really looked at myself in so long. I will not get discouraged because I am losing weight and getting healthier day by day.

On another note, BrandNewMe you are doing fantastic.

Brenda, I know what you mean about the cute fall clothes. I can't wait either.

Laura, you are quite the chef.

Well I'm off to decorate the house for Halloween. I love the holidays.

Have a great day!
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
brand - wow you are down 3.4 pounds... what a great job..

sammi - another pound is great..... I also hate to have my photo taken... that is why I tend to be the who takes all the photos of family and friends... keep up the good work.... we WILL get there... it just will take time...

did my 50 min of WA early this morning......

I am still at 292.... but still have four more days to work some more pounds off..

I am kinda of sad today.... Georgetown SC - the town 15 min from me.. and where my BFF lives... well they had a terrible fire this morning in the downtown area.... and at least 8 shops were burned...... the buildings are over 100 years old and on the Harbor Walk way... also part of the harbor walk was damaged.... I just cried.... this town reminds me of my hometown Marshall Michigan..... I feel the loss for all the business owners....

hope everyone has a great day....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Brenda~ Things are definitely agreeing with you!

Sammi~ good job on the loss, girlfriend! Ugh, pictures are tough for anyone who's bigger or uncomfortable with their weight. Be proud of that picture and KNOW that it is not who you are, and ironically will make a lovely "before" picture of your journey. This summer I decided on a whim to go to casting call for The Biggest Loser.. had to take head to toe pics and I just wanted to cry. I was so embarrassed to have to staple that picture to my paperwork. No, I don't do pictures well, either so you are not alone! But just think, even in a few months we'll take some new ones and see some wonderful progress of all of our hard work. We got this! clap:

pawleys14~ all of your WA sounds so lovely. It must feel really good to get those workouts in! Yes, you have plenty of time to make some more progress, but you're doing great! So sorry to hear about the fires. That really is something so tragic, especially on something so historic. I hope everyone was safe at least?

As for me: The scale is moving down again. I finally got rid of that bloat(gain) I found early this week. Saw a tiny new low this morning -.4. I'll take it! Excited to see what the rest of my week brings me-- I still have a couple days to make more changes!

Weather here is trying so desperately to cool down....the mornings start off gorgeous at about 70 degrees around 7am and then by noon it's unfortunately hitting the 90's still I'm just so ready for some overcase skies and some mild weather instead of hot hot hot.. *sigh*

Food is going well so far today and I've had so much water already my eyeballs are floating!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Danielle - great job hanging in there, an already difficult process of losing weight gets even more difficult when the scale isn't cooperating. Your weather sounds a lot like ours in TX! It's very nice at 7-8am, and then hot & humid by lunch hour. Luckily it sometimes cools down again in the evening, so I might take the opportunity to get some walking done.

Sammi - I know what you mean about the pictures, that's part of the reason I'm here right now. I knew all along that I needed to be losing weight, but my son brought a "homework" assignment from his MDO program requiring a family photo. I had my mom take several snapshots of us and just wanted to cry after seeing them. Needless to say, we had a round 2 where I just kneeled down behind a wagon with my son in it, so I would be mostly hidden. I agree with Danielle though, we know that is NOT who we really are and can use it for even more motivation.

Brand - 3.4 is awesome! I wish I could eat sweet potatoes and still lose! Mmm!

Laura - that sounds great. I love playing around with recipes and creating new things, I'll have to try that. It helps keep things interesting.

I'll be trying a low carb pumpkin custard tonight, (Hey, it's the 4th day of Fall, I can't wait any longer!) basically just some pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin spice and a bit of splenda, blended & baked. For dinner I will either have my left over tuna salad from lunch or make my eggplant boats if I have enough time.

Hope everyone else is doing well. TTYL.

Last edited by br3n; 09-25-2013 at 03:38 PM..
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

br3n - let me know how it turns out. I have a can of pumpkin that I need to do something with and I can't seem to find the recipe that I bought it for. Way too many recipes. I have a 4" binder full of low carb recipes. Soon it won't be big enough.

pawleys14 sorry to hear about the fire. The are so awful.

Sammi ohhhhh we can decorate now? I have the coolest terra cotta pumpkin for the porch. Now I just need to find a light for it.

BrandNewMe way to go! It so great to have a loss.

Sophie - Thoughts are still with you hun.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning ladies! It's Friday Eve!

Yanno, I was thinking about the picture discussion from yesterday. I've gotta say my biggest regret is not being in more pictures with my kiddos when they were younger because I hated having my picture taken. All you young mommies out there, get in those pictures regardless of what you think you look like---your kids will appreciate it when they're older, trust me!

Anoter little loss today...another -.4--happy the scale is just going the right direction!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Chiming in on the picture discussion, I was just thinking last week how I've lived the past 10 years avoiding cameras so I don't have any pictures of myself.

It's quite sad actually...

Congrats to all of you with losses

I'm down 1.0 today... I'll take it
Old 09-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I avoided cameras for a long time and then I told myself that I wanted my kids to have pictures with me. They know what size I am and love me anyway. I want them to have memories. I do try to do head shots and if the picture is too awful, I get rid of it. I also let myself be in videos. Surprisingly a lot of them look better than I would think they could.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Congratulations to all you losers!

I am headed to Las Vegas tomorrow for a wedding. They are having a buffet at the reception. I hope there is something I can eat.

I sorry to say I haven't been exercising. My back and knee are killing me. They are totally fine when I'm exercising. So why don't I do it???
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,

You are all so smart. My daughter is 37 and my son is 34. I do not have many pictures of myself throughout all those years. I was always so ashamed of my weight since my 20's. I let my weight rule my life. It has been in my thought for all those years. It really sounds crazy when I just read this last line. What a waste of time all those years not losing the weight. Oh, I did try. I would go up and down. There were different stresses at the time, family issues, money issues ,and a very bad marriage . I am in a much different place now, I am divorced and lucky enough to take one year off of work to concentrate on getting healthy. I have wonderful children who are my support system. I must admit now there is also so much information via internet and books to research different methods to losing weight. Not that this makes losing weight easier, but I understand so much more. You should never have regrets in life, but I wish I knew back then what I know now. Life is good!

By the way, my children now keep taking pictures of me because they know looking at albums there are very few of me.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Sammi~ you took the words right out of my mouth---hindsight is always 20/20 *after the fact* isn't it? I, too, have learned so much about dieting, food, and the way my own body works (even took 2 nutrition classes!) I could probably teach it. I have regrets for sure, especially when it comes to my kids and being unable to run around with them, etc. What I've come to learn over the years, and sadly, that as bigger women, we seem to put boundaries on ourselves because of what society repeatedly keeps trying to tell us and the world. Yes, I would do things much differently if I could go back, and mainly it would be to live life to the fullest REGARDLESS of my weight, and to stop sitting around waiting for the day for everything to be "perfect" in order to become happy. I can say now I am living that way and it's been SO empowering! ♥
Wonderful that you get a year to work on yourself---what a wonderful gift!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

I was always in pictures with my son. I guess I just didn't think about it. There are of course more pics of just him but tons of them with us together.

Today the scale is up. I had a rough day at work yesterday and I did extra eating. My emotions are all over the place between the stress at work and the bf not being here yet. Not going to be settled until he's here. I can't over eat because of it though.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Oh made a crock pot swiss steak today. Was supper .
Old 09-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Good Friday Morning,

Oh Laura the Swiss steak sounds delicious . I must look for new recipes online. It is so dark and gloomy outside today, but it's Friday,yay.

Hi to Sophie, we are thinking of you.

Have a good day all.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Mmmm steak sound delish.... I think I'll have one this weekend.

I'm down -2.6lbs today

So that's -8.4lbs since Monday... I'm sure most of it is water weight since I'm just getting started, but I'm HAPPY to be almost out of the 250's.

Just gotta get through the weekend without messing up, but I can do this

Last edited by BrandNewMe; 09-27-2013 at 08:00 AM..
Old 09-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

laura - your swiss steak sounds sorry to hear that the scale went up

brand - wow WTG down 2.6 ---- good job

a tad bummed today..... I also went up one pound and I ate clean yesterday... but I did have some things during the evening... a celery stick - one radish and some bacon... sure did not think that it would cause adding a pound.... guess I have to never eat later in the evening...

did one hour of my WA.... but just a tad down.... but I can not let this derail me..... just have to step things up... I have to start my walking tape.. I just keep putting it off.....

so had my eggs, bacon and hot tea for breakfast... will make some tuna salad for lunch with some cheese crackers.... and for dinner
Old 09-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura~ how soon before your bf can join you where you are? That has gotta be tough! Hang in there Crockpot swiss steak, sounds yum! Recipe? Sounds like something DH would love.

Sammi~ we "had" dark and gloomy and I was quite happy with it.....until the sun came out Just 1 day of no sun would be nice. Oh well, at least it's not 120 out, right? Have a great weekend!!

BrandNewMe~ good job on the losses this week! Yes you CAN get thru the weekends!

pawleys14~ you know you didn't "really" gain a pound, right? It could be anything! You coulda just looked at the scale wrong and it was insulted and decided to give you a wonky number All kidding aside, hang in there, you are doing everything right. The numbers will catch up with everything else.

Me~ I'm staying the same #'s wise the last couple days. I'll take it considering TOM showed up and kicking my butt. At least no water gain so far! Feeling kinda cruddy this morning but got tons to do before the weekend. No rest for the weary, right girls?!
Free day for me, plan wise. Just means I get an extra 1000 cals to play with--not sure what I'm gonna do with them yet. I did "waste" 100 of them on HWC in my coffee! Looked forward to that all week long! Amazing how my cravings are changing. In the past, after a week of "being good" I'd be craving some sort of chocolate or fried food.. DH asked me last night what I was really looking forward to for today and all I could think about was that cream in my coffee!

Anyone doing anything fun for the weekend?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

pawleys14 - don't be bummed... sometimes, our weight fluctuates in ways that just don't make sense, but i'm sure you'll bounce back! i'm with you on the walking... I've been meaning to do my walking DVD or hit the gym all week, but well... you know the rest.

danielle - thanks for the encouragement because i NEED it! i'm feeling confident that this weekend will be good. no special plans for me - just working on a pressing project for my business - "fun, fun" lol
Old 09-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

BrandNewMe~ Remember your goals and why you want this. Always have that at the forefront when you are tempted to cheat or go way off plan. You said you have some important work to do for work, so maybe prepping ahead of time some foods that are legal for you, all portioned out and ready to go so when the need arises you can grab it and KNOW you are staying on track. You can do this! Have a wonderful weekend!♥
Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Swiss Steak
1 Round steak (1 1/2#) run though cuber
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
coconut flour, for dusting
1/3 C olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion cut into strips
1 med bell pepper, cut into strips

Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Season, to taste, with garlic powder and salt and peper. Dust meat with coconut flour. In heavy skillet, brown both sides of meat in olive oil. Transfer to crock pot. Combine garlic, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and 1 tomato-can measure of water. Pour over steak and simmer over low for 6 - 8 hours.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

proud of myself today. Went grocery shopping, I went over the budget just a lil bit but got a new co2 tank for the soda stream, fillet mignon(5 meals worth) 11 meals worth of ground beef, 3 meals worth of chicken wings, 2 top sirloin steaks for 2 meals, 6 meals worth of cube steak, ziplock bags to pack it all in for the freezer and veggies organic hwc and crystal light liquid for my water this week... not too shabby for a little over 100.00.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura, thanks for the recipe! I'd say you did pretty darn great on your shopping trip!

How's everyone doing so far for the weekend? Hanging in there over here, I'm determined to make it a perfect weekend.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back to 7 days a week work schedule so no weekend. It is a bit lighter schedule at work this weekend, YAY!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

laura - your recipe sounds and now your freezer is stocked...

went and did one hour of my WA early this morning.. and I was down the pound that I gained yesterday..... so glad.. now I want to lose another pound before the weigh in tomorrow....

hope everyone is doing a good job this weekend...
Old 09-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

wow - weigh-in for today..... 291 I am just four pounds short of my first goal of 25 pounds..... very proud....

hope everyone will do great tiday.....
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
wow - weigh-in for today..... 291 I am just four pounds short of my first goal of 25 pounds..... very proud....

hope everyone will do great tiday.....
This is awesome! YAY for 25lbs gone forever!!

My weekend has gone pretty ok so far. Kinda hectic and kinda blah since TOM is kicking my booty in the energy department But! I have managed to stick to plan, no deviations, and no desire to cheat at all!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hello to all FOS,

Still at 241. Today is weigh in day. Everyone ready?

Diana you are doing fantastic!

Laura this is great,no weekends. Where do you buy coconut flour? I never heard of it. Do you know how many carbs in one serving of Swiss steak? I'm going to make it.

Happy Sunday.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #180
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: baglady38462
Stats: 277/262/150
Hello Ladies!! Well my weight stayed the same this week which I was surprised because I was on jury duty all week (5 day trial ) which was very stressful and on top of that TOM shows up ! I have stayed on plan but wanted to nibble and had to watch myself, and very little exercise this week. I will be back to normal schedule next week (I hope)! God Bless all you wonderful ladies!!
Tammy
baglady38462 is offline   Reply With Quote