LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Hello Friends,

I woke up to sunshine and my 115 pound dog barking his head off at a fox on my doorstep. This was a relaxing way to wake up on a quiet Sunday morning. I'm sure my neighbors loved it too! LOL.

These foxes are actually coming around my house. I know it can't be true, but it seems like they are teasing my dog. Just my imagination.

I stepped on my scale this morning , 244.8.

Sophie you are so right. I take it one day at a time. I try not to look at all the weight that I must lose, I concentrate on today and eating good just for today. If I get by one day, I start again the next day. It seems to be easier for me this way. It can be overwhelming and depressing if I think 104 more pounds to go. I've done it before, I can do it again.

There is so much to look forward to. New cute clothes, going on vacation and being able to walk for a long time without hurting, fitting in an airplane seat with the seatbelt, not an extender belt. Most of all, being healthy. I would love to get off my high blood pressure medication.

Today for dinner is chicken wings. The Patriots are not playing so we are watching the Ravens. Yesterday I made Ina Gatens Greek Lasagna for my family. Didn't have one bite. I wish they would eat low carb, but they are not fans of my low carb meals. I've tried many different recipes, but no, they don't like them. Oh we'll,I do.

Have a good day everyone .
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaMaria View Post
Diana, 296!?!? WOOHOO YOU'RE ROCKING THIS PROGRAM

You're a smart girl by not discussing your WOE and just pretend you accept others suggestions. You know they love you and are just concerned about your health and well being. It is known that too much animal fat and protein can overwork your liver and kidneys over time.

My food plan is similar to Atkins, just limited amount of protein (about 8 oz a day) and 4 cups of veggies and unlimited lettuce. I split them up into 2 to 4 meals a day depending how hungry I am and I also have 2 fruits a day.

How do you girls like my new weight loss ticker? It took me a while, but I finally figured it out.

Have a great day!
I like the ticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishthayer View Post
I am new but I was hoping I can join your group. I have been dieting by myself for the last 13 weeks. But the last 3 weeks I have not been good, I have really struggled to not go compleatly off. I started at 238.8 and am now 200.8 and should be 135 or a little less, dr wants me at 125. Thanks ladies and you all are a great inspiration.
Trish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Hi gang,

So far it is very quiet online. Well, I will start. This morning I'm at 248. Yippee ,the scale finally moved I must exercise to help it along. I hope everyone is doing well. Trisha, WOE, means Way Of Eating. I'll check in later to see new posts. Have a good one.
nice when the scale finally moves in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
at 199.4 today!!!
Awesome job Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hey all! Do ya have room for one more here? I really need the support and a way to keep motivated.
:
DesertGurl
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Sunday weigh in ----295

Scale went up due to very poor eating this past week. When will I learn!!!???? My entire body aches and I am moody as heck because of the eating.

Back to work - and back on plan

b- cheese omelet
l- small salad w/ranch and grilled pork chop
d- chicken salad w/celery
s- carbmaster yogurt and/or sunflower seeds

water - and tea
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Happy Sunday, ladies! Thanks for the warm welcome, I am very happy to be here and a part of such a supportive group.

A lil about me:
Let's see..... I have struggled with weight probably my entire adult life..basically "dieted" my way up through my late teens up until I hit about 22 because of a mother my entire life telling me I was "fat"..turns out I wasn't, was maybe 10lbs bigger than my girlfriends all through childhood.. that mental game does one heckuva number on your psyche!
In 2000 I went from 230 to 160 doing an ultra low fat plan. Felt amazing and was looking pretty darn good... life got in the way and I regained it all in a matter of about 2 years.. I found Atkins in 2003 and loved it and was successful.. but still I struggled. I've been on and off LC too many times to count, I've dabbled with JUDDD several times, and have even gone back to low fat plans..which lasted about 2 seconds ....
This time I'm going to try doing carb cycling via Chris Powell's plan. For the first time in a VERY long time I am excited and feel motivated to actually do the work that is necessary to get to my end game. I am tired of feeling sick, tired of hurting every where on my body. Folks, I do believe I have truly hit my bottom. Not proud of that, but proud of myself for having the mental & emotional strength to pick myself up and begin anew.

I am currently playing the SAHM role, which pretty much is been my starring role for the last 20-some years..give or take a foreray into a part-time job here & there.. I also did go to school for 2 years up until this year..I'm a married mom of 3...my son is 21 in Nov., and my girls are 19 & 17. DS is away at school and I miss him terribly. Both our girls are still at home.. DD19 took a break from college this semester but will start again in spring. DD17 is a senior and just diagnosed with wheat & soy allergies..
Last year I had been giving things a pretty good go, all things considered and was down to about 219'ish...about 3 years ago I became estranged from my family..my dad was dx'd w/ cancer around that time.. ffwd to this summer and he passed in July.. It's been a huge blow to my emotional well-being knowing that he left this earth without ever wanting to try and make things right with me. All of this emotional stuff led me to spiral and unable to keep up with my efforts at losing anymore...

Ulitmately I have ZERO excuses to not get this going. I am able to stay at home, my kids are not "little" by any means--they do not need their mommy every second of every day--which allows for me to do what I need to do to take care of myself! This has been something that I have been extremely ashamed of in the last few months.. thinking about all the time I have wasted, all the time that was pretty much handed to me on a silver platter and I wasted it. I don't want to do that anymore! I also have worked hard to get passed the past and keep remembering that I need to take care of ME.

Today I weighed for the first time in a really long while.. talk about nearly passing out! I have to keep reminding myself that it's only a starting place and not what defines who or what I am. I want this, I want this BAD!

So that's me...sorry so long!

Oh, and yeah...weigh-in was: 254.2

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: baglady38462
Stats: 277/262/150
Good afternoon ladies!! My weigh in this morning was 257. Welcome to all our new friends and yes this is the place to be for some awesome support for our weight loss journey. I like what someone else said(sorry can't remember name) one day at a time, one pound at a time, but we do it together!!! You all are a great blessing to me, you hold me accountable for what I do to myself, I don't want to disappoint myself or you gals either so that makes me want to be good. Thank you all so much.
baglady38462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
Today's weight 199.6.

Busy as always. I got screwed at work. A day when there should have been 2 of us to handle all the work my coworker didn't call, didn't text just didn't show up. Getting used to it but it makes me mad. My boss is making it so I get the whole weekend off next week. I haven't had a day off in 8 weeks by that point. Plus the bf should be here by then so nice timing. I am looking forward to spending time with him. We haven't been together in almost 3 years.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Good morning

We are remodeling our kitchen. It is so stressful. Plus my husband packed the scales and I'm not looking for them. I have only a crock pot and microwave to cook with and no water in the kitchen. I'm putting a pork roast in the crock pot this morning and I guess we'll have some kind of canned vegetable warmed up in the microwave with it for dinner.

I will keep trudging along despite these dire circumstances. LOL
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Hello,

I don't know why,but today I feel like eating everything in sight. It could be that I am tired, did not sleep very well last night. I walked one mile this morning, I must do more this afternoon.

Oh Jazlyn, a porkroast sounds so good. I must buy a crockpot. Yummy!

Have a great Monday!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
hi - have been missing for a few days... my birthday was on Saturday... and I was celebrating a little so put on 2 more pounds back up to 298 also have been a tad depressed the last few days.... my Mama passed away six years ago on Sept. 10th..... (just was glad that she did not pass on my birthday----that would of been really hard for me) and my Mama loved to celebrate birthdays... so a bit bummed...... but feeling better today...

and eating clean today.. measuring everything today..... did do 45 min of my WA... and I will do my walking tape today.... I really have to get tough with myself..... my first month I did so well with losing 16 pounds... but not doing well this month at all..... I do know it is because I am down,,,, but I have to pick myself up and get tough.......

I know that I have to push myself with more exercise... because that is what works best for me...... eating clean and more exercise is the charm for me....

my BFF spoke tough love with me today..... said that I have had my down days... now I have to pick myself up and work hard....... I love it that I have great BFF's and all your support.....

so, hope that everyone is having a great day....... love ya all....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Checking in... so far it's been a really good day. First day on plan and it feels awesome to be in control again. I've also had so much water I am about to float away!
I've spent some time in the kitchen today prepping and cooking stuff so I don't have to spend the day thinking about anything except to just eat. So much easier, I think!

Diana~ happy belated birthday. ♥ I'm sorry to hear about your mom, my dad just passed this last July. Think about how great you felt the month you lost all that weight! You can do this, and what great friends you have to remind you of that.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Diane yer right it's time to dust your self off and get doing it again. The losses might not be as great as the first month but stick to the plan and it will come off.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Thank goodness I am over my food craving. I haven't been like that for quite awhile.

Happy Birthday Diana.

Danielle, the first few days are the hardest. You're smart cooking ahead. That's what I always do. It makes life so much easier.

Hi to Fonda, Laura, BagLady ,Jazlyn, Gina and of course Sophie and to anyone I missed. Happy lowcarbing!

How did you figure out how to put in the tickers? I tried and tried for two days. I must be skipping a step.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

back down today. I got sleep today it makes a world of difference. Down to 198.8
Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Good morning Ladies

I'm just checking in and catching up on what's going on in your worlds. After a messy weekend today is a total restart on a Down Day (restricting to 500c)

I weighed in this morning and 206.8 lbs, 49.9% water & 40.5% body fat Oh well, if that's not motivation then I'm not sure what is! Means I now have a total of 80 lbs to lose before I hit goal which I want to acheive by July next year before I go on holiday meaning I've got about 8.5 lbs to lose each month....

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gina that is totally doable! Keep your goal in mind and your eye on the prize... you looking great on your vacation!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophiaMaria
Stats: 254.4
Start Date: Lean and Green and a few fruits
Sorry, my girls, we've had a death in the family and things are chaotic around here. Could some of you step up to the platter, take leadership and post our chart for this week. Need to be with my famly at this time! Please, pray for us!
SophiaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Names ........ SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

01 Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5 ... 198.5......206.8
02 Angelica.. 199.8 ... 199.8 ..... 199.8 ... 198.8......????
03 Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4 ... 200.8......199.6
04 Trish............................................. ..200.8.......????
05 Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8 ... 235.4........????
06 Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0 ... 249.0.......244.8...
07 Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6 ... 245.6.......???
08 Danielle.......................................... ................254.2
09 Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0 ... 260.0......257
10 Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4 ... ?????.......????
11 Fonda ..... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0 ... 294.0......295
12 Diana ..... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0 ... 298.0.......298

Please let me know if I need to correct this. Thank you.

Sophie my prayers are with you. I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/224/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Hello Ladies! Another newbie here, I just found this forum and I'm really excited to get started with weight loss. I'm Brenda, 30 years old, and just had a baby last year which has left me at my highest (non-pregnant) weight ever -- 275 lbs. I've been heavy my whole life, and have done a lot of yoyo dieting, but have really felt hopeless since reaching this weight after my pregnancy - it just won't budge! I was reading Chris Powells book about carb cycling after watching the "Extreme Weight Loss" tv show and feel inspired to give it a go. He has a way of motivating people who feel hopeless and reminding them that it is possible after all -- very glad I made that purchase, I guess a kick in the bottom was all I really needed. I feel like I'm finally ready to buckle down and tackle this weight once and for all, no matter what. I have dabbled in low carb in the past via SBD plan and always loved George Stella's cookbooks if anyone remembers him. I will have to find those books again and do some planning to get a weekly menu together. My toughest meal of the day is lunch -- how about you all? Any great lunch ideas aside from salad?
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Brenda

For lunch I usually will have tuna or chicken salad or a hamburger with lettuce as the bun, leftovers from the night before, chicken wings ,eggs or fish. If you read a few of these forums you will find good recipes. Could you please give us your starting weight and current weight and we can add you do our Sunday weigh in?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the great ideas! I am exploring the forum a bit and finding all kinds of them here. My SW is 276, CW 276 and hopefully I can get that number lower by Sunday!!

TTYS.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Names ........ SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

01 Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5 ... 198.5......206.8
02 Angelica.. 199.8 ... 199.8 ..... 199.8 ... 198.8......????
03 Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4 ... 200.8......199.6
04 Trish............................................. ..200.8.......????
05 Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8 ... 235.4........????
06 Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0 ... 249.0.......244.8...
07 Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6 ... 245.6.......???
08 Danielle.......................................... ................254.2
09 Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0 ... 260.0......257
10 Brenda .....276.......................................... .......276
11 Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4 ... ?????.......????
12 Fonda ..... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0 ... 294.0......295
13 Diana ..... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0 ... 298.0.......298
Old 09-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Sophie, I'm so sorry for your loss Prayers for you & yours.

Sammie, thanks for being the fearless leader.

Brenda, I'm new to this thread myself. I'm also doing Chris's plan. I'm on day 4 and absolutely in love. I tried to follow his plan a few months ago but figured I could just wing it as long as I knew I had the right foods in my kitchen. Not so much! He is truly right when he says prepping & planning are key. I have planned, cleaned, cut, and prepped all sorts of stuff so now it is way easy to just grab & go. Best of luck to you, I hope you'll enjoy carb cycling as much as I have so far!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joyousheart
HELLLLLOOOOOOO

This is my first post. Have been up and down with low carb for a long time. My body feels best on low carb, I have determined that for sure, but I have not been really honest with myself and know I have to be authentic and honest in order to release my over weight once and for all. I see that weigh ins are posted on Sunday and I commit to doing that. I am 58 years old. I am a chef and own a catering business where I also prepare cook weigh and package meals for people. So, that being said I want to do this for myself as well. I would like to be a part of this posting group. I am not well versed on blogging and online communities. Just know I need support and I am willing to support as well.

I will update my profile as soon as I have more time.

With deep appreciation, Joy Lynn
joyousheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Sophia my prayers are with you and your family.

Brenda and Joy! These are some great people in this thread. Everyone is very supportive.

OK so today's hc to lc recipe is cabbage rolls. They are in the oven at the neighbors cuz my oven wouldn't come on. Can't wait to try them they looked wonderful. I substituted riced cauliflower for the rice and that was the only change I made. I'll post a pic and tell you how they are when I get to try them. I do miss smelling them cook though.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

OK so great experiment. Will do this one again! I didn't have diced tomatoes so I used Rotel so a lil spicy, sour and sweet! Divine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (26.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 023.jpg (33.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Sophie - I'm so sorry for your loss, don't worry about us we'll all still be here when you feel up to joining in again. Take care xx

Danielle - Good to see you here hunni!!

I had a bit of a whoosh yesterday down to 203.2 so down 3.6 lbs from my first down day. Feeling very positive now and looking forward to seeing what the scale will tell me tomorrow too
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All,

Laura those cabbage rolls look delicious . I will have to try it.

Gina, great job on the weight loss

Sophie, thinking of you.

to Joy Lynn. I have found,believe it or not, that these threads really help me. They keep me accountable . It is very comforting to be able to express my feelings about my weight and everyone understands what I am going through because they feel the same way. I take it day by day,pound by pound. This is not a race. In my case I try to look at it in five pound blocks. For some reason this seems easier to me. We are here for you.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

TGIF! Happy Friday ladies!!

Gina~ Hey girly!! I didn't know you were in this thread, I'm happy to see another friendly face! Great job on the loss, lady!! Keep it up, I know you can do this.

So for 5 days of "work" I am down 5.6 lbs. I'd say this is working so far! Friday's will mark the end of my weeks since I'm using Friday's as my free meal in the evening.

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?? Have a great one, everyone!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Danielle - wow down 5.6 pounds great job..

sophie - sorry about your loss... will be praying for you and your family.

gina - great news on your whoosh... keep it up girl...

to Brenda and joy lynn - we have a great group here.... and we are all here to support each other...and Brenda I also adore chris powell.. love his show... wish to was on every week.... it inspires me

laura - wow love cabbage rolls but have never made them... I will have to try to make them.... yours look

well, just got back from doing my WA (there was a WA class in the lap pool - too cold for me - but I did follow the instructor for 20 min...in my warm water pool... plus she had a weight movement that I have not done before... so will add it to my weight plan...) did one hour and 15 min.... feel tired but really good... plus.... after doing three food outings for my b'day..... and gaining some pounds I was four pounds down... today.... so since Aug. 11th I am down 18 pounds.... I got a great whoosh so glad..... I needed that... hate it when I am in a stall... plus my B/S number was 99 this morning.... so doing great on that......

so my first goal is to be down 25 pounds.... so I am close to it..... so will work really hard to eat clean from now on.......

hope everyone has a great day.... love ya diana
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. I decided not to put it off until Monday and actually started LC last night, after I went to the store. So far, so good. I have a lot of big plans for this weekend - planning, cooking, and learning more about LC which I hope will increase my long term success. I love how Chris Powell can motivate me, but think I will post-pone carb cycling until I understand it better. My game plan to is to start on Induction to get a kick-start, get cravings under control, and then switch to carb cycling in the long run.

My only issue so far is the mental block! I'm having a hard time accepting that the things I'm making could possibly be "diet" food, since it has been drilled into my head for years that oil, butter, cheese, red meat, etc are so "bad" for us. We'll see.... I think I'm following the plan, but I'm scared to death I'm going to gain because it's so delicious.. lol

Last night I had a "philly" stir-fry - sauteed cheese steak, small amount of bell pepper, mushrooms, small amount of onion, and provolone.
Breakfast: "Green Eggs" - sauteed in butter, with spinach & sprinkled with cheese
Lunch: Giant cobb salad with a few cherry tomatoes, turkey cubes, ham cubes and cheese, w/2T blue cheese dressing.
Dinner: Chicken Chile Relleno - I precooked some chicken in the crockpot last night while I slept and will stuff it into some Poblanos when I get home, mix in a spicy alfredo-style cream sauce, bake, & top with a smidge of pico de gallo.

I'm supposed to lose weight?? Really? I sure hope so!

Oh! And those cabbage rolls sound amazing! I might have to find a way to make it Induction friendly, not sure about the tomatoes/sauce yet, but I do have cabbage I need to do something with.

I hope everyone else is having a nice Friday.

Last edited by br3n; 09-20-2013 at 10:09 AM..