Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophiaMaria
Stats: 254.4
Start Date: Lean and Green and a few fruits
Sammie, don't worry too much about the scale. Keep eating on the plan and the weight will come off, you'll see!

My central air downstairs also died yesterday. But I went outside with my sister, shut off the switches in the boxes for about 5 minutes, then turned everything back on and it worked just fine. One time I payed for a guy to come to my house just to do that and he charged me for a visit. $150.00 dollars. Ridiculous. :

Hope you're staying cool and safe! Take the time to relax a few! You deserve it! k

SophiaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Names ........ SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

01 Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5 ... 198.5
02 Angelica.. 199.8 ... 199.8 ..... 199.8 ... 198.8
03 Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4 ... 200.8
04 Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8 ... 235.4
05 Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0 ... 249.0
06 Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6 ... 245.6
07 Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0 ... 260.0
08 Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4 ... ?????
09 Fonda ..... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0 ... 294.0
10 Diana ..... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0 ... 298.0

WOW, Jaz, you've lost 6 pounds this week! At a girl!!! Woohoo
You're rocking it! I'm so Happy for you!

Stacie, you're still the only one missing in action here. What is the weekend damage, my girl!? The sooner you face it the sooner you can fix it.

My weight also went up 3 pounds this morning. But I'm so constipated that I can strangle one today ... Ugh ... Does anyone get like this!? What do you guys do when that happens!?

Sammi, those Heroin Chicken Tenders sound delicious! Will have to try them some day.

Tammi, I agree with Laura, inches count more than the weight on the scale, specially if you are working out 5 days a week. Keep it up. It will pay off.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Diana, 296!?!? WOOHOO YOU'RE ROCKING THIS PROGRAM

You're a smart girl by not discussing your WOE and just pretend you accept others suggestions. You know they love you and are just concerned about your health and well being. It is known that too much animal fat and protein can overwork your liver and kidneys over time.

My food plan is similar to Atkins, just limited amount of protein (about 8 oz a day) and 4 cups of veggies and unlimited lettuce. I split them up into 2 to 4 meals a day depending how hungry I am and I also have 2 fruits a day.

How do you girls like my new weight loss ticker? It took me a while, but I finally figured it out.

Have a great day!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
back up a bit today. 201.2
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaMaria View Post
You're a smart girl by not discussing your WOE and just pretend you accept others suggestions. You know they love you and are just concerned about your health and well being. It is known that too much animal fat and protein can overwork your liver and kidneys over time.
I so agree with this!
I've given up explaining to anyone other than you guys what and how I eat, if anyone asks I just say I'm 'watching what I eat!' people always seem too eager to TELL YOU how you should be eating!
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trishthayer
I am new but I was hoping I can join your group. I have been dieting by myself for the last 13 weeks. But the last 3 weeks I have not been good, I have really struggled to not go compleatly off. I started at 238.8 and am now 200.8 and should be 135 or a little less, dr wants me at 125. Thanks ladies and you all are a great inspiration.
Trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Welcome Trish!

I am so surprised at the scale.

I heard my husband on the phone inviting some friends over on Sat. night for a bbq. I was wildly shaking my head no because we are remodeling our kitchen and everything is a mess so of course he says. "Sure, invite them too." He told me everyone would stay outside so it would be ok.

It started to downpour just before they were supposed to get here. I made him put up our pop up canopy and our friends brought another one so we could still be outside. It quit raining after about 1/2 hour. At 2:30 in the morning I still had people on my deck drunk and singing to 80's music at the top or their lungs. I just wanted to go to bed!

Anyway, to make a long story longer, I ate chips, pasta salad, cookies, and drank some apple beer and drank some yager bombs. I don't normally drink. Then Sunday I did terrible too. It makes me think something is wrong with my scale.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Trish...

was in another thread I sub to and they were talking about dreamin of food. Hell I dream about food when I'm still awake. Today I made a rotisserie chicken breast. Yes I have a rotisserie oven (love it). Have it cooling in the fridge. When I get up I'm going to make a spinach salad with the chicken and bacon in it, some Romano cheese and some kind of orange dressing ... have to think about the details on making that yet. Any way it's time for bed I'll let you know how my experiment turns out.

Have a great day everyone! May the scale be kind to you today.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
trish - and WTG on dropping 38 pounds..... what a great start you have.....

sophie - love your ticker... really cool.....

gina - yes, so funny how people will tell you how to lose weight and what you should be eating .. you just keep up the good work....

laura - your meal sounds

did not get up early this morning.. so went and did my WA at 11:15am today for one hour....... I need to get something to eat for dinner...... I guess I will have brussel sprouts and a turkey pattie.....I need to shop for food tomorrow...

everyone have a great evening

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome and I do my weekly weigh in on Saturdays. Hope Saturdays work for you guys? I need to work on getting a ticker... But I do have one question I have been lurking for a while and what does WOE mean. I know it is what diet you are following but what does it stand for, it's driving me crazy, lol!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

ok so had to try a couple ideas for the dressing. Did a slightly Asian one, didn't like it so I dumped it down the drain. Decided on orange crush water enhancer olive oil, orange peel, orange essential oil, splenda. Won't have the salad until I get to work though. It looks super

Weight came down a touch today. 200.6. New low! well for quite a few years anyway. Can't wait till I'm at 175 that will be an adult low. Haven't been below that since right after high school.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Hi gang,

So far it is very quiet online. Well, I will start. This morning I'm at 248. Yippee ,the scale finally moved I must exercise to help it along. I hope everyone is doing well. Trisha, WOE, means Way Of Eating. I'll check in later to see new posts. Have a good one.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Way of eating....thanks! It was driving me batty, lol! Ok then my WOE is modified ideal protein.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

sammi - WTG you are down to 248 - hope to be able to say that......keep up the great work...

did not feel all that great today..... turned off my alarm at 5:45am and did not get up until 6:20am... went and did only 40 min of WA.... and then got a headache.... but maybe it is the air pressure... my BFF said that she was at a meeting this morning.. and a lot of the women there said that they had headaches.....

made some pumpkin and sausage soup and some cheese crackers do not know what I will have this evening....
Old 09-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Good job, Sammi!

I did 50 minutes of water aerobics this morning. I didn't want to go. Really, really didn't want to go. First time back is always the hardest I think.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Pawsley hope you feel better tomorrow.

Jazlyn but you did get it done so that should make you feel wonderful.

Sammi see by the time I post everyone is settled into the evening...

Down to 200.0 today so maybe tomorrow with be the day for onederland!

So the salad....supper YUMMY. Did a simple orange crush, water, olive oil, orange peel,splenda, and orange essential oil Dressing. Came out wonderful. Like eating orange chicken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (39.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Arghhhhh gained 1.5lbs yesterday, I know mainly down to TOM but not a happy bunny!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

feel better today.... did one hour and 10 min of my WA.... but my weight stayed the same sure was hoping that I would drop another pound... and only had soup and cheese crackers yesterday.. oh well...maybe tomorrow...

had eggs and bacon for Breakfast and tuna salad and some cheese crackers for lunch.....
Old 09-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Hi ,

Diana I'm glad you're feeling better.

Laura,you are so close to Onederland!!

Gina, I remember those days ,TOM. I would gain sooo much weight. I felt bloated.

Jazlyn, I didn't feel like exercising at all this morning. I tossed and turned all night. I forced myself to walk two miles. You got it done, great job.

Hi to all my other low carb friends.

Have a good evening.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

at 199.4 today!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbforme
Stats: SW265/CW199.8/GW140
WOE: Atkins/Ideal Protein
Start Date: Restarted 09/01/13
Laura, CONGRATULATIONS WELCOME TO ONDERLAND WOOHOO I'm so proud of you!

I'm sorry for being missing in action lately, but a dear friend of mine passed away and her funeral will be this Saturday. So, I'm not doing too well over here. and as you all can figure it out, I'm also not eating too clean lately no gains, but not losing it either.

Gina, how are you doing over there, girl!?!

Trish!!! You'll love the support in here! These girls are just awesome!!! One for all and all for one, if you know what I mean!?!

Jazlyn, you see, when we drink, we become much more vulnerable, and then hell brakes loose ... you are too funny, something was wrong with your scale afterwards, huh!?! But good job on the exercise ... keep it going, maybe next time you'll remember how hard you are working at it, and you'll hold your brakes before you take you first sip ...

Hang in there Gina ... TOM will be leaving town soon and you'll have a big woosh ..

Talk to y'all soon!

Angelica

Where is Sophie, anyone have heard from her!?! Missing you girl!

Diana, how are you doing!?! I know you love to exercise. I need to get involved in some physical activity besides just walking. I kinda of envy you girls who like to exercise ... just kidding!

Trish, WOE means WAY OF EATING, if you still don't know it by now. I'm also doing the ideal protein. You said you are modifying it, right!?! How so!?!

Sammi, 248 is wonderful ... your own your way, keep up the great job!

Stand for truth and righteousness!!!

Last edited by lowcarbforme; 09-12-2013 at 09:17 PM..
lowcarbforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbforme
Stats: SW265/CW199.8/GW140
WOE: Atkins/Ideal Protein
Start Date: Restarted 09/01/13
Have we lost Satcie at the beach!?! What happened to her ... did she forget to come back home!?! I was just missing her ...

Good night my friends!
lowcarbforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,

Just checking in. Thank you Angelica for your encouraging words. Really except for these boards , I have no one else who can relate to the issues I am going through because of my weight. Almost everyone in my life is thin or average weight. They get frustrated with me because of the way I eat. They know I am unhealthy, but they don't quite understand what I am going through.

I'll never forget, about 25 years ago I was grocery shopping and a woman was shopping with her elderly mother. As they passed by me, the woman looked at me and said to her mother, all fat people have to do is stop eating. Of course they were both thin. Another time I was checking out in line and a man behind me asked how long it would take me to eat all the food in my cart. It's funny, how strangers make it their business to say mean things. I really don't get it. I would never comment on how people look

Thank goodness for these posts. They help me keep on track! I hope everyone has a lovely Friday the 13th.

By the way. 246. I hope to be in the 230s by the end of the month.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Laura!!!!!
Half an hour left of work then we're going to London tomorrow until Monday for a messy family weekend Can't wait!!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Hey all! Do ya have room for one more here? I really need the support and a way to keep motivated.
I am beginning anew come Monday after a few months absence from watching my weight or how I've been eating. Needless to say, I am miserable!
I am excited to finally begin again and take back the control so that I can start to feel human again.
I look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing what I can do for the rest of this month & beyond!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

DesertGurl. Great to have you with us.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Sammi, skinny people, or normal people have know idea of what and how much we do eat ... (specially when we are into the refined carbs).

But now, speaking for myself, I used to get so hungry when I was into the wrong foods that I think I could eat the whole cow, if you know what I mean?

But if I were you, I would have told the man in line behind you that all that food in my cart was just a snack for the evening, after dinner, of course ... and I would stand and just watch his reaction

Sammi, I'm exagerating a bit here, of course, but we have to be honest with ourselves ... We didn't gain all this weight because we were eating a sensible meal, right!?! At least for me, a portion size was a bag or a box or a whole pint of whatever I was eating. I could eat a whole box of See's Candies in one sitting ... Or a pint of my favorite flavor Haagen-Dazs ice-cream, or a whole warm apple pie with ice-cream on it ...

The thinking behind this insanity was that if I finished the forbidden food, I would be free from the temptation and then I would be good again. I remember eating cold pizza from the box in the fridge ... No time to reheating it ... Or I would finish eating the leftover chinese food standing in a dark kitchen with the refrigerator door still open, just because I wanted to get rid of the bad foods so I could be good and eat clean the next day.

It was insane, my friend, and the worst part of it was that I knew I was killing myself. I was feeling miserable and ashamed of myself ... for being the only one responsible for my condition and for allowing myself to get to this stage.

You had strangers saying things like this to you, I had my own family (siblings) telling me much worse things than that. And they were not skinny either. But I just said to them, listen to the pig bad mouthing the bacon ...

My own brother in law told me I should just shut my mouth. That there were no fat people in "Auschwitz".

Whether we like it or not, my friend, it is life giving us feedback. And it is only up to us to do something about it and change the way we treat ourselves before we can change how others treat us. I am also very grateful to have found all of you in here. Together we will reach our goal weights, be healthier and help others do the same, right!?

DesertGurl! We have a great team in here and of course you can join us. The more the merrier! We do weigh in every Sunday morning and report our weights for accountability. Please, just state your Starting Weight, Current Weight, and your Goal Weight so we can add you to our chart.

Talking about that, Gina, what was your weight for this weekend? Have fun in London this with your family! Be a good girl and stay on program!

Angelica, you're too funny, my girl! Love reading your posts. You have a big heart and a great sense of humor ... You are such a great asset to this team in here! Thank you for being there for all of us!

Trish, I'm also looking forward to getting to know you girls better too.

No news yet from Stacie, huh?

Be extra good tomorrow. Because Sunday morning our scales will thank us for that!

Good night, ladies!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Good Saturday Morning Everyone,

Sophie, you always have such words of wisdom. I thank you very much for your comments. You are so kind. I am so happy you started this group!

Welcome to DesertGurl and Trisha.

Gina, have fun in London ,lucky you!

I hope Stacie returns .

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, beautiful ladies!

Hope you are all having a great Saturday!

Just a reminder that I need your numbers for tomorrow morning!

Names ........ SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

01 Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5 ... 198.5
02 Angelica.. 199.8 ... 199.8 ..... 199.8 ... 198.8
03 Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4 ... 200.8
04 Trish ............................................... 200.8
05 Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8 ... 235.4
06 Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0 ... 249.0
07 Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6 ... 245.6
08 Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0 ... 260.0
09 Fonda ..... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0 ... 294.0
10 Diana ..... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0 ... 298.0
11 Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4 ... ??????
12 Danielle ...........................................??????

Sammi, remember, you're not alone in this. And this time we're going to make it to our goal weights. Just keep doing what's right and let the consequences follow. A day at a time, a pound at a time ... But some times it will be 2 lbs or even more

Enjoy the weekend everybody and I'll talk to you girls tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

199.6 today