Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Good morning

Yesterday I lost the 1.2 I gained the day before and this morning I'm down another 2.4. I didn't have much time to eat yesterday. I didn't even have dinner until 8 pm.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Happy Friday!

This morning I am 250. I haven't seen this number in at least 7 years. Hooray.

Have a good day everyone.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Sammi, Congratulations on the new low!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophiaMaria
Stats: 254.4
Start Date: Lean and Green and a few fruits
236.0 even for me this morning ...

Jaz, 243.0 this morning? Way to go!
I'm so happy for you In no time you'll be out of he house of the 40s, you'll see!

Sammi, 250 even? Great job!
You should be out of the house of the 50s by tomorrow.

You girls are doing just great!

How is the rest of our team doing!?

Check on you all later.

Sophie
SophiaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
Start Date: March 2013
went up a touch today to 202.4. Didnt' sleep well though so that is probably the problem. It really has an effect.

Sophia, John will be here in about a week and a half. I hope. He went to get the brakes fixed on the car today so it's ready for the drive. Now just waiting on the plates to get there.

Sammi Congratz on the new low!
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbforme
Stats: SW265/CW199.8/GW140
WOE: Atkins/Ideal Protein
Start Date: Restarted 09/01/13
Hi Ladies, is it too late for me to join you guys? I've read most of your thread and it hit home for me.

I also live in California, have lost the weight 2 years ago and reached my goal weight. But unfortunately, I've gained a lot of it back. My problem is not losing the weight, but keeping it off. I need to work and focus on it this time. I don't want to lose the weight and gain it back again. Enough is enough.

My goal weight is to be at 140, but since we do gain back at least 5 pounds once we go into maintenance, my goal then is to reach 132/135. We'll see.

I'm doing Atkins right now, but am planning to do the Ideal Protein next month or maybe even after the holidays. Has anyone heard of it?

I'm a very emotional person, emotional eater and I get very stressed out with all the holidays ahead of us: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve ... WOW, just talking about the holidays gives me the goosebumps.

Maybe this year DH and I will go out of town. I want to take a break, (I always end up cooking for and hosting all of my family and friends), and if I decide to start this new program, I definitely want a break from all the cooking.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Stand for truth and righteousness!!!
lowcarbforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Angelica Of course it's not too late to join us. to our small but very supportive group in here.

We weigh in daily, but we report our weights on Sundays. Even if your official weigh in day is different from ours, just post your weigh again on Sundays for accountability. Fair enough?

You're not the only one who has gained weight back. I've done it all my life. But this time we are going to reach our goal weight and stay there, you'll see.

Where in California are you? I live in Los Angeles (Bel-Air).

Stacie, what's going on? You're too quite lately

Laura, that may only be water retention. Hope you'll get your beauty sleep tonight and have another woosh tomorrow!

Waving a Hello and good bye to all of you in here.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning ,

I really can't believe it, I must be doing something right, 249.2 this morning. YAY! I am so focused now. Z really helped me.

Welcome Angelica! This forum has really helped me. We are here for you.

Sophie, thank you so much for inspiring all of us. You are a Godsend. I hope you sister is able to join us.

Jaz, thank you, you are doing fantastic too!

Laura I hope John makes it home soon.

Stacie I'm sure you're having fun at the beach. Pictures?

Diana you are eating so good. The scale will move soon. I know how frustrating it can be. You are doing great!

Fonda, how are you doing?

Have a Happy Saturday everyone. Hi to Z.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
angelica - glad to have you aboard...... I also am an emotional eater and a night eater..... sure wish when I get upset that I would not eat... but no... I want to eat more

sammi - wow girl you are doing great...

went with my sister and did 50 min of WA early this morning.... felt good... but still at the same weight... but I know why... did not eat very clean the last two days.... just do not know why I sabotage myself...
gosh what we do to ourselves.....

going to a Beach Boy tribute this evening with five friends...should be fun.....

hope everyone has a great weekend...love ya all

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Good Morning ,

I really can't believe it, I must be doing something right, 249.2 this morning. YAY! I am so focused now. Z really helped me.

Welcome Angelica! This forum has really helped me. We are here for you.
CONGRATULATIONS, Sammi, you're rocking this program! But you got me curious, what is "Z"!?! First you said it helped you and then you said Hi to it? I'm confused

But whatever is it, I want some of it too

Thank you for your warm welcome. Sometimes it is really hard to do this on our own. But seeing how it works for some people, it certainly motivates us to keep going. I wish I could go to bed and wake up skinny the next day. And then I would do all the exercises and diets ... or maybe not, huh!?! Just a wishful thinking.

Another hot day here in Southern California. How is the rest of you girls doing everywhere out there?

Going for a walk at the Beach to see the sunset later today. Maybe I'll take my bicycle and go for a ride. Perfect weather for that today.

Angelica, I don't know much about computers either, but if you want, I can copy and paste the charts for you and update them as people report their weigh ins tomorrow. I can do that every Sunday after I comeback from church. (12:30/1:00 P.M.) If that would help you any.

I'll post it in here today to see if there is any correction that needs to be made and I'll add myself to the end of it, OK!?!

Or would you guys prefer it in an alphabetical order or who loses the most moves to the top of the list for the week!?! Please, let me know if I can be of any help.

Oh, just in time, what shall I do with the names left in blank!?! People who are not posting anymore nor reporting their weigh ins!?! Shall I keep their names the same or remove them!?! Please, let me know what you want me to do there.

Here we go: Our Official Weekly Weigh-ins are on Sundays:

Names .... SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8
Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4
Diana .... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0
Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0
Fonda .... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0
Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0
Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4
Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6
Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5
Burlesml. 250.0 ... ?????? ..... ?????
Raphaela 208.0 ... ?????? ..... ?????
Angelica. 199.8 ... 199.8 ..... 199.8

I had too many of the Atkins Bars yesterday, so today I didn't even step on the scale Don't want to see the damage.

I'm having my in-laws over for dinner and cooking for the family ... it is so much fun. Shame I can't have some of the homemade pasta I make. I'm totally allergic to flour or Gluten. I also don't eat dairy products, pork, soy, sugar, most nuts and hard shellfish (including shrimp). I break out in hives and itch like crazy.

When I lived in NY, I was in my 20s and I lived on peanut butter sandwiches! I still love them, but now, I seriously think I could die from it. Go figure!?!

Is anybody else allergic to some of these foods in here!?! I was just wondering. I think Gina, Stacie and Sophie are sensitive to some of them, right!?! Or is it our age!?! I just turned 57 yrs old about 2 months ago and now I have all these foods intolerance. Maybe I've been always like this and never realized it. Too weird ...

Stat cool and enjoy the last days of Summer!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Went back to 201.4 today. So ready for onederland. As far as charts goes I'm waiting for a email to give me a program to run a bar graph if anyone would like that set up.

Yay Sammi doing great!!!

Angelica A ride on the beach sounds great. We only have a state park near by but I want to take my lil boys and go for a nice long walk along the trails there. Maybe tomorrow we can do that the ticks should be down by now I'd think. I'm not allergic to any foods that I know of. Still glad I cut sugar out of my life though and don't miss bread so good to go. Don't know what I'd do if I couldn't eat foods. Feel for all of you that are sensitive to certain foods.

pawleys14 - The Beach Boy tribute sounds great let us know how it goes. I know I saw them in concert when I was younger at the state fair. They were great.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

ok so I might have a problem when it comes to spices and water enhancers (I have 16 in my drawer at work, 5 in my cabinet at home). That said I am making your chicken Stacie. But I can never leave good enough alone. So I added some ginger paste and gettin ready to add a lil 5 spice chinese seasoning. Also used stry fry mushrooms fresh that I'm sauteing in a lil coconut oil. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 031.jpg (33.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

angelica - that sounds great you can make up our Sunday chart... thanks

laura - hope you reach onderland soon......

went to the Beach Boy tribute show this evening with five friends... wow what a great show..... funny part is the these five guys were not even born when the BB started..... I saw the real BB about 1965... and they were great... and they were just starting out... and had great seats..... I can remember it like yesterday... LOL

we saw the ABBA tribute last year... and again a great show.... but they said that next year it would be the Eagles... WTH... I really do not remember any of their songs.... guess I was NOT a Eagle fan back then... went on youtube and listened to some of their songs..... really did not like them enough to spend the $$$ next year.. now if it had been a four seasons tribute or BEEGEE's tribute - I would be there next year in the minute.. oh well.....

I really do want to get tough with my eating and exercise...... ....

well, should go to bed... see ya''all tomorrow....and hope when I go and do my WA that I can break my stall......... we will see.....
Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

235.2 this morning ... Woot woot

Sammi, at a girl! You're doing TERRIFIC! That's awesome!

Angelica, you're an angel that came down from heavens! Answers to my prayers. Since I can't access my computer yet, I was wondering how I was going to be able to post our chart in here.

I'm allergic to quite a few foods. But the worst is flour, sugar, soy and hardshell fish. I also avoid pork and peanuts, I break out and itch. Aspartame gives me stomach ache, so no diet sodas or anything like that for me either.

Diana, what are you eating? I suggest you post in here your daily food for us to see what's going on with you over there. If you're exercising hard, you need to eat more, but more of the good foods.

Laura, if you and Angelica can figure out what's the best way to post our charts weekly, I'll be very grateful!

I also love spices, have more than you do, Laura. And I use all of them. But what are these water enhances? Are they good for you?

Lucky you that don't have any food allergies. Flour, sugar and dairy makes me break out sides ways.

Hope Stacie is enjoying the beach this weekend with her family.

Gina, what's going on over there. You're too quite lately too.

Jaz, Fonda and all the other girls, I miss you all. Please, keep in touch!

Goodnight!

P.S. does anyone in here knows how to post a ticker? I made one, but when I post it doesn't show. What am I doing wrong here? Feel so dumb.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good morning! I am back to work, and finally have access to a computer. I work Sun - Wed, and then I don't have access to a computer unless I go to the library. My days off were pretty busy this past week, and eating was not the best but the scale still showed a loss - .

My son had his first middle school football game on Thursday, the team lost 20-6 but my son had a good game. Friday, I helped my with tye-dying shirts for my daughters 2nd grade class to wear later this week to the state fair. After the school, I donate plasma on Friday and then went out for a late lunch with my husband to celebrate our 19th anniversary. Friday night spent the evening with the family watching a movie.

Saturday, my daughter had her first volleyball game. She got four or five serves and one good bump back over the net - we were very proud of her. Her team won one and lost one.

After the volleyball game, my son had two basketball games - his team won one and lost one. The team did pretty good for being all 7th grade players, and playing against mostly 8th grade players. We play the teams one or two more times in the next 6 weeks, so maybe we will beat them or at least have a closer score!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday, 09/08/13......294 (-3)
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Good Sunday Morning,

Today, 9/8- 249

I am eating very well, but I am surprised the scale didn't show it. Oh we'll ,maybe tomorrow.

Our central air died yesterday. I am sitting under a fan all day today. It is so hot. My poor dog. If it goes near 90, I will go to a hotel overnight with my dog. He had a long night last night. He is a northern dog, used to cooler temps. The men will be here Monday to repair the unit.

We are going out for wings and to watch the football game in a bar. We need to keep cool. Go PATRIOTS!!

Fonda, I love The Beach Boys and Abba. I grew up listening to their music.

Sophie, good job on your 235. I can't wait to reach the 230s.

Angelica, Z is on another forum I joined, the daily September weigh in. He was at 345 and now is in the 260 range. I asked him how he stayed on track, because I was cheating a little and not losing. He is doing fantastic. I made a mistake and put him in this forum.

Laura have you tried the heroin chicken tenders? I always have them in the fridge just in case I need to chew something. I dip them either in Franks hot sauce or I make cocktail sauce with low sugar catsup(only one carb)

Hi to Jaz, Gina and Stacie. Have a wonderful low carb Sunday!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

ok - did 1 hour WA today... and I dropped 2 pounds... finally...
down to 298 - so going to eat really clean this week... and see if I can do better.......

to everyone that lost this week.... good job....

this is hard, but we WILL do it.........
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Sammi do tell of these heroin chicken tenders! Sounds interesting. I have no carb, no sugar, no calorie ketchup it's walden farms, just love there products.

got2getmoving - ah the busy busy times of being a mom... I'm so glad that is over. now it's just being mommy to 2 lil "boys" and the most they want to do is go outside ever 20 mins. Well one does the other isn't real fond of outside or grass or anything that isn't' right beside mommy.

Oh I'm at 200.8 today almost to where I want to be... onederland is soooooooooo close! I've lost 45# now since I started this journey.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: baglady38462
Stats: 277/262/150
Hello Ladies, fantastic job! Love the new name too! I weighed in at 260 again this week but not disappointed because I have not gone off plan and have done my exercise 5 days this week and can tell a difference in my clothes so I know the scale will show it sooner or later, I am determined to do this so failure is not an option for me. You ladies are so great I feel I have someone to talk to and that makes the difference because my mom thinks I want to lose to much and my sisters think Atkins is bad for me, so I count on you gals. Thank you! Have a Blessed week. Tammy
baglady38462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy losing inches is even better than the scale going down. When that pair of pants that was too tight finally fit ... OH HELL YEAH!!!! So keep doing the great job of sticking to plan and you will reap the rewards!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Sorry, I'm so busy today. Just dropping by to report my weight. 235.4 this morning. But I promise to post more tomorrow.

Gotta run now ... Good night, ladies!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Weekly Weigh In On SUNDAYS:

Weekly Weigh-ins are on Sundays:

Names ........ SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

01 Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5 ... ?????
02 Angelica.. 199.8 ... 199.8 ..... 199.8 ... 198.8
03 Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4 ... 200.8
04 Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8 ... 235.4
05 Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0 ... 249.0
06 Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6 ... ?????
07 Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0 ... 260.0
08 Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4 ... ?????
09 Fonda ..... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0 ... 294.0
10 Diana ..... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0 ... 298.0

We are missing some of the girls today. But as soon as they report, I can update our chart.

It seems that everybody was very busy today.

Congratulations to all the losers of this week.

I'm too stressed out. Hope to do better next week.

I just got home. Spent the whole day shopping for a newer car for DH. Somebody hit his car (right passenger side) yesterday. Not too bad, but he needs a newer car anyway.

I'm very tired and have a very early day tomorrow. So as might as well, go to bed now.

Will talk to you all tomorrow when I have more time. I'm fried!

Good night y'all!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

I am flying high today...... went to bed early and woke up 3:30am... tried to go back to sleep.... finally turned on the light and started reading at 4:30am... then when 5:20am rolled around.. I got up and went to my health club and did 1 hour and 15 min of my WA.... fell really good... but the best part is...

that I dropped another 2 pounds..(in fact I turned off the scale and turned it on again and stepped back on to make sure LOL).... so now I am down to 296..... and so since August 11 - I have dropped 16 pounds... feel sooo proud of myself.........

Tammy - I also feel this way - that failure is not an option for me...... and I also have a BFF who thinks that the WW diet is the only diet in the world (I feel that any diet or WOE that works for someone is right for that person) anyway... she feels that I am going to get sick or die or whatever on Atkins...but I have proved that this WOE is the best for keeping my blood sugar numbers down.. and I am dropping the weight and feeling really better and healthy...... so I have made up my mind - that I will just nod my head at her but still do my WOE and will in the end show her when I lose all this weight that I was right in choosing this WOE.....
Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Names ........ SW ..... 08/23 ..... 09/01 ... 09/08 ... 09/15 ... 09/22 ... 09/29

01 Gina ...... 201.8 ... 200.8 ..... 198.5 ... 198.5
02 Angelica.. 199.8 ... 199.8 ..... 199.8 ... 198.8
03 Laura ..... 203.6 ... 203.6 ..... 203.4 ... 200.8
04 Sophie ... 254.4 ... 243.0 ..... 237.8 ... 235.4
05 Sammi ... 253.0 ... 252.0 ..... 252.0 ... 249.0
06 Jazlyn .... 251.2 ... 246.6 ..... 251.6 ... ?????
07 Baglady .. 277.0 ... 262.0 ..... 260.0 ... 260.0
08 Stacie .... 293.5 ... 293.4 ..... 291.4 ... ?????
09 Fonda ..... 298.0 ... 298.0 ..... 297.0 ... 294.0
10 Diana ..... 312.0 ... 299.0 ..... 300.0 ... 298.0

Look at us go... all these numbers are coming down!
I feel like I fell off the waggon a little at the weekend but back on track today and hopefully my weigh in on Wednesday wont be as scary as I thought! x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All,

Still at 249, but eating and never cheating.

Heroin chicken tenders

2lbs chicken tenders
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese(I grate my own)
2 Tbl. Dried parsley
1 Tbl. Dried oregano
1 Tbl. Paprika
1 teas. Salt
1/2 teas. Black pepper

1/2 cup melted butter

Combine all spices and cheese, dip tenders in butter then roll in cheese mixture. Bake at350, 20-30 minutes. I lay foil on baking pan, then spray with Pam.

I keep this in fridge along with tuna salad, chicken salad and my chicken wings.

For my wings, I boil them for 10 minutes,then I dry them with paper towels, bake on foil with pam for 1/2 hour then turn over and bake 1/2 hour more. Then I combine Franks hot sauce, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Pour all over.

I always keep these foods on hand along with turkey and ham slices and cheese. It really seems to help me. I have to keep low carb foods available constantly so I don't get hungry.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! It is a busy day at work - so just a quick post.

b- ham/ cheese omelet and lc yogurt
l - taco salad (hamburger, lettuce, salsa and cheese)
d- chicken strips w/ shredded cheese on lc tortilla
s- sea salt/black pepper sunflower seeds
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! New weight Is 245.6.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds Yummy! will have to try Friday when I replace my parm. Ran out. Not sure how that happened.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Fonda, you are a very busy mom!

Happy Anniversary! Hope you and DH had a great time together!

Lunch with hubby, donating plasma, going to son's football, daughter's Volley ball, son's basketball and basektball games ... good grief, girl!? And you still had energy to watch a movie.

I would have collapsed ... you're doing great!