Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Paw- Thanks for the cracker recipe. Sounds wonderful!

i
oncloud9now2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
The day started out here raininy but by first break, the sun was coming out. And it was beautiful the rest of the day. So I walked. I know this won't continue indefinitely. I am sure there will be days I won't feel like it, but want to do it as long as I can. I did 10,500 or 4.2 miles.

Worked to 8 pm tonight but packed my dinner so took a break at 6 to eat. Otherwise I would have to go 8 hrs with no food. This way I can manage with something every 6 hrs.

Hooe you all have a great day!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
BOO!! Just checking in....still going strong!! I found a good deal at SAMs yesterday....a Bella ice cream maker for $7.00 in the clearance section I made some vanilla ice cream today with heavy cream and Splenda....tasted pretty good . I'm getting close to being able to wear those smaller jeans I bought on clearance at Walmart...I'm hoping by the end of this challenge I will be wearing them

Have a great night everyone!!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I love finding deals Cloude! Soon your smaller jeans will be too big.

I was so busy yesterday I didn't eat much. I need to schedule my time better but I am down 2.4 lbs. Makes it hard not to want to starve myself to lose faster but I know that's not the way to do things.

My son's first football game is today after school. I need to find something blue to wear. It might be a shopping day.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Can I join? Hi Mary I was looking for some support ,so I'm sure its in this group. My restart day was Sept 1st.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Winifred!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Winifred!!! Glad to have you!!

Michele- You go girl!! Yay!! for good deals too!

Jazlyn- Have fun at son's game!

Mary- You sure are working hard. Be sure to get plenty of sleep!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Sue????
Old 09-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spagirl116
Stats: 258/226.2/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/1/2013
Hi! I've met some of you on other threads and to those I don't know ! I had a win yesterday! I went to my pedicure place, haven't been there in about two months, and I was greeted with "you've lost weight! Your face really shows it!" This is one of first times this has happened and it really made my day. I started Sept at 230.8 and had a big whoosh this morning, down to 226.2. My goal is to lose another 10 pounds by Halloween.

Happy Friday everyone!
Spagirl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Darla!!! Glad you're here!!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Winifred and Darla, good to see you. I am sleeping in tomorrow morning, then after breakfast, DH and I going for a walk/hike in the park. I managed to get my 10,000 steps in today and can't go out anymore. I look for ways to walk at work, 10 min on each of my 2 breaks and 30 min at lunchtime. Then park farther away from the front door and just running around the stairs/floors at work. It's a big building. It helps to have a walking buddy on another thread.

Today I tried Kefir for the first time. I mixed it with a cup of frozen strawberries for breakfast and it was like having a big bowl of creamy sherbert for breakfast. Does anyone here drink it? It is sort of like yogurt but more the texture of buttermilk. I have been reading how really good it is for you. Now I need to buy some 'kefir grains' which is what they call the kefir starter. It is more like curds that form when milk is doing its thing. I also read that the vendors don't sell the starter, just ask for shipping and handling.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. I was down .5lb. this morning. If I can just get 1 to 2 pounds a week I will be very happy. So far, so good!

Winifred- How have you done so far? Able to stay on program? Cravings gone? Let us know how it's going. We care!!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everyone today?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, I see. It's Saturday and everyone else has a life!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,yes I'm still on plan,no cheats.Talked to my oldest son last night he's eating healthy and told me to stick to my plan too.I am lifting my weights for upper excerise,but I have had problems with my knee lifts and hamstring excerises.Maybe I need to wait until I lose some to start I can't afford to get where I can't walk because my knees lock up on me.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Winifred, please take it easy on the knees. A little walking is good. Do you have a physical therapist you are working with? Eating healthy is a great place to start.

Just got back from the Asian market in town. I found cactus there and baby bok choy. New adventures this week. A friend in Monterey Mexico grows it in their backyard...the cactus that is. It can be stirfried with eggs or grilled as a cooked veggie. I heard they are even good in a smoothie. I like to steam the baby bok choy. I also bout a package of nothing but chicken hearts. It's my favorite part of the chicken. And I bought half a cooked duck. I love duck! I got some deep fried tofu. Mary's big adventure!

My DD works at Christmas Tree Shops and my DH is her desgnated shopper, so we get 20% off everything in the store. They have lots of Bob's Red Mill products along with pre cut sun dried tomatoes. Today I got more sun dried tomatoes. We stocked up on TVP last week.

This morning we went to the local park and walked the blue trail, for 2-1/2 miles, from end to end. I am getting pretty good at climbing these hills. By the time we were done my legs felt like they weighed a ton. But I will have over 12,000 steps today.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Wow MaryMary! That's amazing! You have really gotten good with walking. It's fun to be adventurous sometimes! Have you tried the cactus yet or is this your first time? I've seen it and wondered what you would do with it.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Winifred- I think I would go easy on the knees. I am walking but only .5 to 1 mile a day. I have bad knees to start with and I don't want to do more damage. I am waiting till I get a little more weight off before I do more. I do have some weights for my bat wings! Lol
Old 09-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Winifred- Glad your son is working on his health also. I know you are too.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
mary- great job on your walking... I know that walking hills are hard...

Winifred - have you tried exercising in a pool... I do WA everyday... but a lot of people just walk in the pool... and it is easy on your knees and lets.....

went to the Beach Boy tribute show this evening with five friends... wow what a great show..... funny part is the these five guys were not even born when the BB started..... I saw the real BB about 1965... and they were great... and they were just starting out... and had great seats..... I can remember it like yesterday... LOL

we saw the ABBA tribute last year... and again a great show.... but they said that next year it would be the Eagles... WTH... I really do not remember any of their songs.... guess I was NOT a Eagle fan back then... went on youtube and listened to some of their songs..... really did not like them enough to spend the $$$ next year.. now if it had been a four seasons tribute or BEEGEE's tribute - I would be there next year in the minute.. oh well.....

I really do want to get tough with my eating and exercise...... ....

well, should go to bed... see ya''all tomorrow....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm spending the weekend crafting my heart out...I have a craft show the first Saturday in November...So it's crunch time!! The scale said 265.2 this morning
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/292.8/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
good morning! Eating for the past few days has not been good - due to poor planning and pure laziness! The scale did move down though to 294.
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning,

Winifred and Darla

I am still at 249. My goal now for Halloween is 239. Winifred, My knees
are bad too. On the Biggest Loser, some contestants hurt their knees and they only do upper arm exercises. They still lose a lot of weight weekly. It is all about the food we eat. I would not worry about walking until quite a bit of weight comes off. You can do it, we are here for you.

Mary, before you lost all your weight,did your knees bother you? I can't believe all the walking you are doing now. This is so inspiring.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great Sunday.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
Stats: 325/293.8/150
WOE: low carb
Checking in from New York.....Having a good time. I am sorry to say that I have not stayed away from the alcohol, but it has all been LC. I have done OK with food. The first night everyone wanted to go to the pizza place. Ugh. So I had an appetizer with portabella mushrooms, mozzarella, prosciutto, tomato, and balsamic vinegar, some antipasto salad and the toppings off 2 slices of pizza loaded with meat and veggies. The crust looked and smelled SO good. A couple people looked at my plate with pizza crust not touched, but were polite enough not to say anything about it. The other meals I just had bunless burger, steak and salad, omelet and bacon, etc. So Did ok there. Probably going to have a cobb salad tonight. The wines here are pretty good and I bought a case of various dry wines. Must refrain from having too much at a time. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

Kim
kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

kim- Sounds like your eating is going very well! You may come home to a loss.

Paw- BeeGee's sounds good to me too! I got the parchment paper to make the crackers with today. Can't wait!

sammi- I would love to be down 10lbs. by Oct. 31st, too.

I was down .5lb. again today! Yay!!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
One thing I cannot do is weigh in daily. Six months later and I just cannot deal with seeing the daily bounce. So for all of you who weigh in daily kudos to you.

Feeling blah today and I was worried about blowing my down day because of Football, but I've been doing well today. No real hunger and drinking tons of fluid.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Sammi, when I was heavy i hurt all over, and needed help getting off the couch. I did some swimming when I got to 315 ot so. Then at 280 started working the the trainer at the YMCA. It was lart of the membership. I could do floor exercises but couldn't get up off the floor without help, then around 270 I actually got up off the floor on my own. I signed up for a weight lifting class there. But still never liked exercising. I was allergice to it. About two years ago, my husband started getting involved in his health program at work and I would join him periodically. He would get points if I did things with him. So last year was the first year I started walking. It will be harder in the winter. Lst winter from Jan thru April I didn't. Then it was hard to get going again, but finally did. I started tracking it in my Ipad in June just for the fun of it.

As far as my knees go, I have falle so many times and twisted my knees, akles, hamstrings, even broken my hand once, that I am extremely cautious about falling. But now when it happens I am able to get right back up on my own. So far no more broken bones or twisted knees or ankles. I can tell I am stronger for the walking. My doctor can tell I am a walker from my strong heart rate. My BP is around 119/71 and sugars, chol, trig are all normal. I am 65 yrs old now and feel better than I did at 35.

It is never too late. It has a lot to do with making a committment to do it no matter what. I am not just talking about walking, but whatever, even your healthy food plan. Try not to get off the path to health, because all the little detours aren't worth it. I lost very slowly. It took me five years. But eventually did it. Then I got careless and actually started back into the crap i 2011 only to regain 32 lbs in 7 weeks. I got back on my program and am committed to it today. I am learning to maintain now. And walking is my new goal. One day at a time.

Today I got my 10,000 steps in ... just barely.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning everyone,
Will it ever cool off? Geez!! I remind myself that once it does I will have to watch myself because Fall brings so many fun things that involves food.
Jan...OMG on that cute little picture you posted of your grandson. What a doll!!
I have been so busy and a little under the weather last week. Hoping for a better week ths week.
Eating is going pretty good except for one day last week. The scale seems to be stuck again!!! It seems when it ishit and humid out it does this. I retain water. I can see it in my ankles .
Hi to all....
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I will have to repost when I can get my keyboard not to spaz out.

Last edited by Jazlyn; 09-09-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
lisa - I have to weigh myself everyday when I visit my health club.. just can not walk past that scale.... but even if it shows a gain... it just makes me rethink what I ate and did in exercise the day before.... so I do not get down....

mary - wow you are an inspiration to us all.........

oncloud - for being .5lb down.... keep it up... know that you can take 10 lbs off by Oct. 31..... keep up the good work..

very excited today........ got up and went to my HC and did `1 hour and 15min of my WA.... felt sooo good... and the scale showed that I was down 2 more pounds..... so proud.... I ate really clean yesterday..... so now down 16 pounds since August 11th......

my first goal is to drop 25 pounds... so I have only 9 more pounds to that goal.... so I am going to work hard....

going to make up a chart to track my exercise ,,, my WA and my walking tape... I have not been doing my walking tape... - but I want to do that every day.... it is only one mile and 15 min.... (hope to one day work up to 4 miles).... and I also have a DVD with a weight for my arms.... I also want to start that.....

I know with y'all's support we CAN do this....

everyone have a great day.. love ya diana
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote