Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Deb and Lady- We all try to put on our happy face at times but behind the smiles are many hurts. My pic I posted of my 1st and only grandchild came from FB. I also learned on FB that he can turn over and has his first tooth. I never hear from them unless I make the effort. Cried last weekend looking at all the Happy Grandparents Day messages. It didn't work in their schedule to visit him last weekend so I guess we'll try again this weekend. Don't know, afraid my DH can not take being turned down again..his biological son whom we have raised since he was 14. We were so excited and happy but it hasn't been what we expected. They come here only when we pay DS to 'help' Daddy do something. He's such a precious baby and we miss him so much. Haven't seen him since he was 3 mon. old. This is my major hurdle right now. I have many others but this is hurting us right now worse than others. So sorry for your trials. I have been much in prayer for you Deb and will add you Lady to my list. It's nice to have a place that we can get help and support not only for weight loss but for the other troubles in our life. Lady, the people here are so wonderful and don't judge. I love my friends here and hope none of them stop posting.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! I just had to get the other post off my chest. Now, Yay, another lb. today!! I can't believe it. I have the old doctors type scale where you move the weights and I still got off and weighed again. It was still a pound down.
I love to read too. Have been reading all the Jane Austen novels. Have now started on Elizabeth Gaskell books. Just read North and South set in old England and have started Cranford.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- Sorry to hear about your DS. Prayers for you and your family.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Deb and Lady- We all try to put on our happy face at times but behind the smiles are many hurts. My pic I posted of my 1st and only grandchild came from FB. I also learned on FB that he can turn over and has his first tooth. I never hear from them unless I make the effort. Cried last weekend looking at all the Happy Grandparents Day messages. It didn't work in their schedule to visit him last weekend so I guess we'll try again this weekend. Don't know, afraid my DH can not take being turned down again..his biological son whom we have raised since he was 14. We were so excited and happy but it hasn't been what we expected. They come here only when we pay DS to 'help' Daddy do something. He's such a precious baby and we miss him so much. Haven't seen him since he was 3 mon. old. This is my major hurdle right now. I have many others but this is hurting us right now worse than others. So sorry for your trials. I have been much in prayer for you Deb and will add you Lady to my list. It's nice to have a place that we can get help and support not only for weight loss but for the other troubles in our life. Lady, the people here are so wonderful and don't judge. I love my friends here and hope none of them stop posting.
oh Jan i am soo sorry you are a stronger woman than i am there would be a rumble in the jungle! ken is more laid back(normally but nothing has been normal since april) but i let fly when something like that happens i am worried very much how things will be when Mollykins arrives, i was hoping them moving to knoxville would help but things this week have seemed like same old same old crap BUT i am mean enough if i had to i would just show up KWIM?

wish i had a good suggestion for you my friend is there anyway to have a heart to heart with your son?
ooh and have you seen those recordable storybooks?? Mollykins WILL be getting one!!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #245

GOTTA get dressed my library books are over due but i am sitting here holding the recliner down!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #246

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
chewie- Sorry to hear about your DS. Prayers for you and your family.
thank you
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #247

I was just let go from my job of almost 6 years, due to financial problems. I work at a church and they are at a negative 31K for their budget. My job was axed.

Plus my ds18===is not happy with going to college, ended up dropping a class and now only has 6 credits. He needs 15 to keep his scholarship. My dh is going to flip.

Please pray for our family.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Oh Chewy.....so sorry...well my prayer today for you is the Lord has a better plan for you...we just don't understand this things.....

Yes it nice to have a place to support each other...while we are losing our weight together life does move on in our families and not always the way we want them too...While we lose this weight and feel better about ourselves we will be stronger when things need our love and attention....All of us have so many things we would change or make better if we could... so I just pray for today...Lord help me stay on track or get me back on track if I take a step away and to help me know what to do with the ones I love...everyday is different but I know with support from us here together and prayer we will all be strong and make it...we are all from different backgrounds, faith, jobs, but we are all in on accord about our weight loss and loving our families....

Praying for our little group....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 09-12-2013 at 12:15 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

chewie- Oh no, so sorry about your job. These are hard enough times as it is. Maybe the Lord has a better one for you! Ohhhh, sons. They are our joy and our vexation.

Deb- Tell me about the recordable books.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #250

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Many hugs and prayers for all of you ladies! Thinking of you all.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I was just let go from my job of almost 6 years, due to financial problems. I work at a church and they are at a negative 31K for their budget. My job was axed.

Plus my ds18===is not happy with going to college, ended up dropping a class and now only has 6 credits. He needs 15 to keep his scholarship. My dh is going to flip.

Please pray for our family.
Oh no Chewie. I am so sorry
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #252

Howdy all been working on. Quilt down to the binding time and we had a heck of a storm and tried to start my computer and no go good grief. On the iPad Kenny lent ken do not know when I can check in agin. Computer doing something called startup repair. Oh and we have to get a new tire for van tomorrow. Wires broke through that is why it won't hold air gah idk everything is soo expensive. Jan idk how to copy paste on this thing but do a search for them. I think hallmark makes them. You read the story it records your voice and then the child can have grandma reading the story to them anytime they like I thought it was a great idea
Old 09-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #253

Good morning. I get Proverbs 31 emails daily and today's was about changing. It's a woman's Christian ministry. If anyone is interested to read it==which I found very moving, search for "when change is hard" on that website.

I just got back from walmart. I was looking for marked down meats and stalking the lady as she was doing the mark downs. Only got 1 pack of sirloin for fajitas but stuck it in the freezer. I think I might run to sam's next and try and stock up during business hours.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! Scale didn't move today. That's OK, I've been lucky this week.
Thanks,
Deb. I'll look for them. We buy used tires. Look around for some.

Did y'all hear about the FDA lifting the ban on chicken from China? Look into how they are raised and fed. Rotten fish and poop. It won't say where it came from either. I'll have to eat it only when I can afford organic or locally grown. We get our eggs from my nephew's farm now so I guess we'll have to start eating them too. I bought a leading brand that is all veggie fed Wednesday and no hormones. Not as expensive as I thought. Just have to bite the bullet, not the chicken! Lol.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #255

Quote:
Good Morning Glories!! Scale didn't move today. That's OK, I've been lucky this week.
Thanks,
Deb. I'll look for them. We buy used tires. Look around for some.

Did y'all hear about the FDA lifting the ban on chicken from China? Look into how they are raised and fed. Rotten fish and poop. It won't say where it came from either. I'll have to eat it only when I can afford organic or locally grown. We get our eggs from my nephew's farm now so I guess we'll have to start eating them too. I bought a leading brand that is all veggie fed Wednesday and no hormones. Not as expensive as I thought. Just have to bite the bullet, not the chicken! Lol.
OH NO!! no more stuff from China! it already killed our furbabies and the milk they made killed thier babies too good grief! IDK what everyone is going to do oh man i wish we had gotten the chance to build our chicken coop and all the palns we had the last 3 years or more have just been heck!i think i got my computer working whoohoo! at least i can copy paste on this thing!
got the tire replaced
got mail back from EKU about the rework on the fasfa gah we have to get a statement from unemployment where he was on it for 3 weeks in may UGH wish they had told us last week we could have already had it there soo everyone keep your fingers crossed a while longer for us it is so late today we can not get that paper until Monday UGH
Old 09-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #256

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWSbjJsKKio
i think it is a wonderful idea!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWSbjJsKKio
i think it is a wonderful idea!
Hey Deb - isn't Steven going EKU? Saw Good Morning America - that's Sam Champion's college. Did a nice little walk through showing some of the campus. Little of the downtown. I'm praying for you and Ken - poor guy - it's enough his life has changed so much in these past months - and the run around you are getting is just so sad - makes me so angry at the powers that be. The VA has a lot of explaining to do - and it's going to take years to see any really good change - if then. Not a good feeling at all.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Hey Deb - isn't Steven going EKU? Saw Good Morning America - that's Sam Champion's college. Did a nice little walk through showing some of the campus. Little of the downtown. I'm praying for you and Ken - poor guy - it's enough his life has changed so much in these past months - and the run around you are getting is just so sad - makes me so angry at the powers that be. The VA has a lot of explaining to do - and it's going to take years to see any really good change - if then. Not a good feeling at all.

Linda
LINDA!!! i am soo glad to see you how are you?/ yes Steven is going to EKU and it is doing him a WORLD of good! much happier young man! he didn't have any classes today and so could have came home with a 3 day weekend but he wanted to stay on campus! while mom is disappointed i am also overjoyed that he is liking it so well!
thank you so much for keeping Ken in your thoughts everything is killing more and more of his spirit every day it is soo hard watching him lose all hope ya know?
please post more often i miss you soo much time to catch up on tell me every little thing!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #259

Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #260

Linda--so good to see you posting. How are you and your house situation?

Deb--glad Steven got to come home. Enjoy your visit.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #261

I was talking to my bff and she told me to apply for unemployment. I did it online, easy peasy. It looks like I qualify if I read it correctly. We'll see and it's pretty ironic too since they don't have the money to pay me and if I qualify, their u.i. rates will go up permanently for current and future employees. Not my problem. If I qualify, I qualify. We sure pay enough taxes in our house so why not?
Old 09-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148.8
Start Date: Jan 2001
Good going, Chewie. You should qualify under these circumstances. It was an involuntary layoff not voluntary resignation.

DH is returning to work Monday after being out 3 months after surgery in June, an AFib in July and reaction to a med in July that landed him back in the hospital for a third time. He spent 20 of the first 30 days in the hospital. But now he has the green light! yeh!

I got 12,500 steps in today. We walked a couple miles in the hospital and then went to the park when we got back for a hike. I am committed to at least trying to get at least 10,000 steps in each day in the month of Sept.

This week I tried duck and goat's milk, kefir & goat yogurt. So far no problems with digestion of it. It is good news. I am going to invest in a yogurt maker this weekend so I can make my own goat yogurt, then drain it and make greek goat yogurt. That's a mouthful.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
LINDA!!! i am soo glad to see you how are you?/ yes Steven is going to EKU and it is doing him a WORLD of good! much happier young man! he didn't have any classes today and so could have came home with a 3 day weekend but he wanted to stay on campus! while mom is disappointed i am also overjoyed that he is liking it so well!
thank you so much for keeping Ken in your thoughts everything is killing more and more of his spirit every day it is soo hard watching him lose all hope ya know?
please post more often i miss you soo much time to catch up on tell me every little thing!!!
Aw thanks Deb - I'm never too far away. HOUSE NEWS..........we FINALLY got the house - after 10 months of waiting. Got notice from bank first week of Aug that we had to close by the 22nd or they were putting the house up for auction. OMG - they have been the ones putting it off all these months. But DS had mtg guy and settlement atty all this time - and we DID IT. On top of that - I had kidney stone attack 4 days before closing - ended up at the ER 3 times in 2 days. Not a fun time, but - I did make the closing - it was touch and go. Had my pain pills ready - told them I would just go out in the car and take a pill and go to sleep. They even had notary on hand - just in case ds had to take over the closing signing. What a week that was.

Now, ds is juggling his job and trying to get the house fixed up. He's laying hardwood in the 4 main rooms, carpeting the bdrms. Both baths have to be redone and the kitchen too. So, we've still got a while before we move in - but - at least I can start making some plans. My head is whirling most of the time - too many decisions to make. The basement - is finished with bdrm and bath - so ds is good to go down there. Getting anxious now - got all the stuff out of storage and it's in the garage over at the now 'owned' house. Hooray.

Thanks for asking and remembering - it's been a long long road.

Chewie - good things are coming your way - they did you a favor - you have been wanting to spread your wings - they've just given you a little help in that direction.

Hi to everyone -and all the new gals on board. Nice to see everyone posting.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #264

Oh Linda, I'm so happy for you. I can't wait for you to move in and enjoy your new home. How far is it from your ds's place?

Thanks for your kind words. Good to see you. Sorry about the kidney stones--ouch.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Linda--so good to see you posting. How are you and your house situation?

Deb--glad Steven got to come home. Enjoy your visit.
Steven didn't come home not seen him in 2 weeks and it will be at least that many more i don't think he is at all interested in the baby shower next weekend LOL
Old 09-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Good going, Chewie. You should qualify under these circumstances. It was an involuntary layoff not voluntary resignation.

DH is returning to work Monday after being out 3 months after surgery in June, an AFib in July and reaction to a med in July that landed him back in the hospital for a third time. He spent 20 of the first 30 days in the hospital. But now he has the green light! yeh!

I got 12,500 steps in today. We walked a couple miles in the hospital and then went to the park when we got back for a hike. I am committed to at least trying to get at least 10,000 steps in each day in the month of Sept.

This week I tried duck and goat's milk, kefir & goat yogurt. So far no problems with digestion of it. It is good news. I am going to invest in a yogurt maker this weekend so I can make my own goat yogurt, then drain it and make greek goat yogurt. That's a mouthful.

actually goat's milk is way more easily digested by the human digestive tract than cow's milk LOVE kefir!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Aw thanks Deb - I'm never too far away. HOUSE NEWS..........we FINALLY got the house - after 10 months of waiting. Got notice from bank first week of Aug that we had to close by the 22nd or they were putting the house up for auction. OMG - they have been the ones putting it off all these months. But DS had mtg guy and settlement atty all this time - and we DID IT. On top of that - I had kidney stone attack 4 days before closing - ended up at the ER 3 times in 2 days. Not a fun time, but - I did make the closing - it was touch and go. Had my pain pills ready - told them I would just go out in the car and take a pill and go to sleep. They even had notary on hand - just in case ds had to take over the closing signing. What a week that was.

Now, ds is juggling his job and trying to get the house fixed up. He's laying hardwood in the 4 main rooms, carpeting the bdrms. Both baths have to be redone and the kitchen too. So, we've still got a while before we move in - but - at least I can start making some plans. My head is whirling most of the time - too many decisions to make. The basement - is finished with bdrm and bath - so ds is good to go down there. Getting anxious now - got all the stuff out of storage and it's in the garage over at the now 'owned' house. Hooray.

Thanks for asking and remembering - it's been a long long road.

Chewie - good things are coming your way - they did you a favor - you have been wanting to spread your wings - they've just given you a little help in that direction.

Hi to everyone -and all the new gals on board. Nice to see everyone posting.

Linda
oh gosh Linda How scary!! WHOOHOO on the house! YES it has been a long time coming! how are you now?? have the stones passed??
Old 09-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #268

the quilt is DONE!!! a quadzillion mistakes and mislicks but it is done most definitely one of a kind!!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Yea! Deb...I know your quilt is great....and you are excited it is done...

The book I am reading is about a girl that makes soap out of goats milk...mmmm
I don't drink any milk of any kind...I get very sick....I can use it in cooking and it doesn't bother me ....

Glad to meet you Linda...I am new....Glad about your home....

Been along day here and it is back to hot weather for me in the desert and all next week...Just spending some quite time with DH tonight .....

I see on my facebook my son is at a country concert in Dallas...Lampert And my 3yr old grandson is having a pizza nite with his other GP in Tx... Well back to my book I am reading ....Going to work on water exercises this weekend while it is so hot...pool will be just right...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 09-13-2013 at 09:38 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #270

Quote:
Steven didn't come home not seen him in 2 weeks and it will be at least that many more i don't think he is at all interested in the baby shower next weekend LOL
Oh, I must have misread---I thought it said he had a 3 day weekend and came home. Sorry.