Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Mary Frances, you mentioned you miss your kids in TX.....do you Skype? My Mom lives thousands of miles away from me, and so does my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without Skype. It is the closest thing to seeing someone in person, I guess......
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #182

Done with the first 5k steps, now to knock out the other 5K.... Still clothes to fold and put away, and lesson plans. And tomorrow - back to work.

Annett, hope your headache goes away soon.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Oh Deb...a quilt...yes...I know it will be beautiful....
I made one last Christmas for my youngest grandson who is 3...it was in the hotwheels...Mom says he keeps it at his little daycare...He knows it is HIS.... LOL...how cute our grandkids can be....love them all...God is good. I have 4 grandson... age 3 to 21 and one new granddaughter add since I married my DH...she is 10 and just the sweetest....She loves this new grandma Mary for I scrapbook pages for her...mmmm I have 2 sons 20 years apart....

I love that everyone is doing so well with there walking and their weight lose....After today I can get back into a new routine and walk more.....I used to walk 5 miles 5 days aweek before I moved to AZ....just was tooooo hot for me here ....Now I have learned to do my walk away the pounds DVDs but still not as much fun as putting on my head phones and moving with music outside....

Almost time for the Cardinals football to start so need to get ready....

Chewy...sorry about the date night....They are special...but understand...I love the date night too...my DH goes to bed at 8 at night and up at 2 so I am alone a lot then so when the weekend comes I am ready for so us time...doesn't always work out but when it does...yesssss..

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 216 214 212 210 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Lady- If you look back on our last month's thread, you can see pics of the quilt she's making.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't really done much today. DH has been gone most of the afternoon and I feel bored. At least I'm not hungry and am not eating. Lol.

Lynn- If you are lurking out there, I couldn't find the Big Brother thread.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #186

Lesson plans are done and e-mailed to Principal, and I'm currently at 8,4000 steps. So I better get moving!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #187

10,000+ steps and 79 very active minutes. Done for today.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I logged in my 10,000 steps today. Just barely.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #189

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
That baked sweet and sour chicken was phenomenal. It's all the rage---I think it's six sister's recipe. Very good. I didn't have any fried rice but I did have a few pieces of the chicken. I added sliced onions and colored peppers under the chicken for more texture. The fried rice I made with eggs and frozen Chinese veggies. The parents really enjoyed it. Definitely not something MIL would ever make. LOL
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I got my 10,000 steps in today and watched the NE Patriots win by the skin of their teeth over the Buffalo Bills.

I found a goat lady at the local Farmer's Market and bought some raw goat milk from her. Having it for breakfast tomorrow with my TVP. I also got some goat yogurt. I want to see if I will get any lactose issues with it. I have been told it doesn't affect one the same way as cow's milk. Keep your fingers crossed.

It was late before we went to the park to get the walking in. Makes for a busy day.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #191

Good morning. Monday already??? Where did the weekend go?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #192

I FINALLY hit the 100 pound lost goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Yay!!! chewie!!! How wonderful!! I know you're soooo proud!! I am so happy for you!!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! I am down .5lb. again today. Don't know what's going on but ...Keep coming!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Chewy...wonderful for you...so proud of you...

Eliza...no I don't have Skype but that is wonderful thing to have.......I talk to my family lots and they are all so busy going and coming...but we do use our little facebook thing lol...And we travel to see them.....That cell phone does still work for some of them kids LOL....

78 and humid again here...and alittle more rain....Another day to deal with the furniture delivery then we will be just fine.... Thinking of going into my craftroom ....need to look for a birthday card I made to send out soon....Haven't made any new ones for a while...but will get back to my rountine soon...With DH laying new flooring thur out our home and placing new brick work out around the pool area.... has been SUCH fun lol...but I love him...and he works so hard.......I do the clean up work....so crafts have been on hold for a while....but never forgotten....
Old 09-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #196

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i was working Mollykins quilt all weekend September 21st EEK is Ashley's shower and i gotta get the quilt cake and the motorcycle diaper cake done by then! i am soo nervous

it has been a pretty rough weekend I am just soo exhausted and soo sad and worried all the time. we did get the garbage took off today and Ken almost went completely out on me again he has a nurse appointment Wednesday for another pain shot
congratulations to everyone walking and losing weight WHOOHOO CHEWIE!
ladyinlove56 i used to LOVE scrapbooking too and then i got a digital camera and now there are digital scrapbooks it just isn't the same IDK still have a lot i didn't put in albums over the years
95 here today we are getting August's weather in September! i am with Sue i like fall!(and i like winter too )

waves howdy at everyone gotta go and machine quilt the rest of the quilt. i got all the embroidered cats done by hand! WHEW
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 09-09-2013 at 12:08 PM..
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #197

Old 09-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #198

oh BTW this is my first quilt ever and 10 thousand mistakes in it UGH but it sure will be one of a kind!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SexySadie
Start Date: August 2012
Hello everyone! I am new to this thread and would like to be a part of it. I currently weigh about 320 pounds. I'm not exactly sure because I don't weigh myself. I would like to lose about 120 pounds and I am currently on the Atkins program. I have been on it before, but never stuck with it, but now that my health is suffering, I have committed myself to this new woe.

I have been a member of this forum since May 2013, but I haven't gotten serious about following Atkins until this past week. My sister and I are totally committed to this woe. My sister has already lost about 10 pounds so far. I am pretty sure I've lost, but I don't weigh myself because I've had a bad relationship with scales in the past. I know when I'm losing and when I'm not. I weigh about 320 and I would be happy to get to 200 pounds. I have lost 100 pounds 4 times in my life and each time I gained it all back plus some. (I'm sure no one else has ever had that experience....) Each time before, I followed low-cal, low-fat diets--and wound up with a very nice case of bulimia for about 5 years. I also was in a rehab facility for 8 months--via an "intervention". It was a HORRIBLE experience. Not long after I left (against "doctor's" orders) I gained the 80 pounds I lost (by force) plus some. While there, I was verbally and emotionally abused by my "therapist" who had a long history of doing the same to other patients. That's another LONG story...

Anyway, I am following Atkins and just need some support. I need to know that there are people like myself who have lost 100 pounds or more following Atkins or another low-carb program.

I am 62 years old, semi-retired, and I have a number of handicaps which stunt my mobility--I have neuropathy in my feet (feels like I'm walking on sharp shards of rock) and a very bad left knee that should have been replaced years ago. I have no health insurance at present, so surgery is not an option at this point. So, right now, my health issues can only be resolved by losing weight. I believe that my diabetes can be controlled (cured) with eliminating carbs from my diet.

So, that is my story. I look forward to participating here and elsewhere on this forum. Thanks for having me!

Last edited by SexySadie; 09-09-2013 at 12:32 PM..
SexySadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Deb....this was my first quilt for my grandson too....I have several quilt tops that my mother had when she died and I have them displayed in a basket in front of my den fireplace...they are I know over 62 years old....And I have a couple of old thick quilts that they used to call pallets when I was a little girl that we slept on when we visited her....they are very old... I have always done crafts and I can sew but I don't like to make clothes but now a quilt I did want to make....I got interested after I started reading a lot of Amish books...

Our power in the house just came on again....was off for awhile...the rain is just coming down at a steady pace...and it is 74 ...wow...dropped 4 degrees....Now this is the kind of day in the pass that I would have been baking and my kitchen would have been smelling wonderful... ....but I will not be....lol... Kitchen now has candles smelling sweet..mmmmm
Old 09-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Sadie....I just got on board here afew days ago myself and everyone is great.
I see we are the same age....62 but I don't think of age...I am a stay home lady now...so I love it....Just going to work on losing these pounds ....one day at a time...This is the highest I have ever weighed so I need to get it off....I do understand your health problems as I have trouble with my feet ....I know when I stay with my low carbs I feel wonderful ...I mainly stay away from the flour and sugar....Some days I do very low carbs then up on some days but I never get carried away....I am an ice tea girl with sweet and low and no I don't want to change lol...I did add sliced cucumbers in my glass and I love it ...and in water...but that is it....

So Welcome..
Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/308/160
Start Date: 03/05/2013
Wahooooooooooo Congratz Chewie! That's awesome!

Sadie! Nice to meet you...

------------------------

Well so my headache is finally gone. Yay! But I was bad today...I wasn't feeling so great so somewhere I decided to have taco bell for lunch which is so not low carb...but it was

Ok I have to get back on track. I've been so stalled out since june now....its time to get over all my problems...pick myself up..tell everything that is wrong to f off and concentrate on me and getting back to Atkins. At least I didn't gain anything...but I want my scale to finally go below 300 now. I bought some pork loins at 1.99 lb and that's the cheapest I've seen it...so it looks like pork loin and chicken are the meats of choice. Beef was rediculous...it didn't matter which cut it was.

So, lets do this thing! Anyone have a good pork loin recipe?

Catch y'all later....

...Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexySadie View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to this thread and would like to be a part of it. I currently weigh about 320 pounds. I'm not exactly sure because I don't weigh myself. I would like to lose about 120 pounds and I am currently on the Atkins program. I have been on it before, but never stuck with it, but now that my health is suffering, I have committed myself to this new woe.

I have been a member of this forum since May 2013, but I haven't gotten serious about following Atkins until this past week. My sister and I are totally committed to this woe. My sister has already lost about 10 pounds so far. I am pretty sure I've lost, but I don't weigh myself because I've had a bad relationship with scales in the past. I know when I'm losing and when I'm not. I weigh about 320 and I would be happy to get to 200 pounds. I have lost 100 pounds 4 times in my life and each time I gained it all back plus some. (I'm sure no one else has ever had that experience....) Each time before, I followed low-cal, low-fat diets--and wound up with a very nice case of bulimia for about 5 years. I also was in a rehab facility for 8 months--via an "intervention". It was a HORRIBLE experience. Not long after I left (against "doctor's" orders) I gained the 80 pounds I lost (by force) plus some. While there, I was verbally and emotionally abused by my "therapist" who had a long history of doing the same to other patients. That's another LONG story...

Anyway, I am following Atkins and just need some support. I need to know that there are people like myself who have lost 100 pounds or more following Atkins or another low-carb program.

I am 62 years old, semi-retired, and I have a number of handicaps which stunt my mobility--I have neuropathy in my feet (feels like I'm walking on sharp shards of rock) and a very bad left knee that should have been replaced years ago. I have no health insurance at present, so surgery is not an option at this point. So, right now, my health issues can only be resolved by losing weight. I believe that my diabetes can be controlled (cured) with eliminating carbs from my diet.

So, that is my story. I look forward to participating here and elsewhere on this forum. Thanks for having me!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Deb....this was my first quilt for my grandson too....I have several quilt tops that my mother had when she died and I have them displayed in a basket in front of my den fireplace...they are I know over 62 years old....And I have a couple of old thick quilts that they used to call pallets when I was a little girl that we slept on when we visited her....they are very old... I have always done crafts and I can sew but I don't like to make clothes but now a quilt I did want to make....I got interested after I started reading a lot of Amish books...

Our power in the house just came on again....was off for awhile...the rain is just coming down at a steady pace...and it is 74 ...wow...dropped 4 degrees....Now this is the kind of day in the pass that I would have been baking and my kitchen would have been smelling wonderful... ....but I will not be....lol... Kitchen now has candles smelling sweet..mmmmm
oh my! i wish i could trade you weather i love 70s and rain(not so much storms!) glad your electricity is back on!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #205

Old 09-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I FINALLY hit the 100 pound lost goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jump joy:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #207

Welcome, Sadie!

Looking forward to getting to know you
Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #208

Deb, don't worry about the baby shower, I'm sure you'll do great. Nice to hear the quilt is coming along.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/308/160
Start Date: 03/05/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
That is BRILLIANT! LOL...I have sooo many baby pics and we people ask me how old they are I always have to guess.... how cute!!!! What a great idea They sure grow up fast, don't they?
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Yes they do Annett! My best friend gave the stickers to DDI at a shower. She has been posting a picture of him every month. I love it.
Sadie. So glad to have you here!! I replied to your other post. Glad you came over.
Deb- You will do great at the shower! I can't wait to see the cakes. Thanks for the sizing on my picture.
Lady- Your weather sounds nice. It's still hot here!