Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Just went thru the house with the long fluffer and cleaned all ceiling fans, door facings, walls, light fixtures and base boards. Sweating.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
went to doc for me yesterday and he gave me 6 months refills ugh WHY they will not writet hem for a year drives me crazy! and went ahead and did bloodwork and worked on the quilt for most of the day good grief 2 weeks until her shower! Ken and i went to the store this morning and it wore him OUT he passed out on me when we got home couldn't see and i barely got him on the couch i just do not know what to do anymore i need to take the garbage off but i am afraid to leave him and it isn't open again until monday
my weight was up to 343
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Stress makes me eat! Even if on plan, I eat too much !! If you can just maintain during this terrible time, that would be a huge feat!! Bless your heart. When you do all you can and nothing seems to help, I know you feel helpless!! I am so sorry and do wish they would hurry up and find him some kind of relief!!
I know, I hate the 6 mon. deal. It's a way to get more money out of us!!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Just wondering... do any of you watch Nascar? DH and I do. Sprint Cup Race is tonight.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #155

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
went to doc for me yesterday and he gave me 6 months refills ugh WHY they will not writet hem for a year drives me crazy! and went ahead and did bloodwork and worked on the quilt for most of the day good grief 2 weeks until her shower! Ken and i went to the store this morning and it wore him OUT he passed out on me when we got home couldn't see and i barely got him on the couch i just do not know what to do anymore i need to take the garbage off but i am afraid to leave him and it isn't open again until monday
my weight was up to 343

Oh, Deb, I wish I knew of a way to help Ken. It is so frustrating that he is going through all of this and the medical community is not helping him. Hang in there, I know it is soooo tough on you.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Smiling Fox at 5 mon.jpg
My sweet Fox just turned 5 mon. on Sept. 4th. I got this pic off FB.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Just went thru the house with the long fluffer and cleaned all ceiling fans, door facings, walls, light fixtures and base boards. Sweating.
great job, buddy! I need to go buy one of those things....big fuzzy loop on top to fit over fan blades and telescopic handle. I rely on DH who is 6'5" to dust the ceiling fans for me, but when I think to do it he is not always home or awake. Then I forget for another long period of time.

Quote:
Just wondering... do any of you watch Nascar? DH and I do. Sprint Cup Race is tonight.
No, I don't. My Assistant Principal is a NASCAR superfan, though, so we hear a lot of things from her. Texas Motor Speedway is just 15ish miles from my house and I know highways become very congested when they have an event. People can park their RVs in the middle of the track and watch from there.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - 887, and over 2,057,000 steps
Old 09-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #158

Quote:
Attachment 51333
My sweet Fox just turned 5 mon. on Sept. 4th. I got this pic off FB.
Awwwwww, what a precious happy baby.

I don't think young parents realize how important and loved children are by their grandparents.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #159

I'm down to 296.2, so I consider myself solidly into Twoterville now. As of today, I have officially lost 22.2 lbs in 61 days. Yay for walking!

Since we were talking about cravings....since I started walking, I don't get them any more for some reason. I guess walking does something to my system to stabilize it and I am not hungry or have cravings. And I end up naturally eating less. Staying on strict LC is also so much easier. Whatever it is, I'll take it.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #160

a little motivation for all of us...
Old 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you. He is such a good baby!
I live about 30 miles from Atlanta Speedway. We used to go to the Atlanta races and the Talleddega, AL races but it's too tiring for us now. We had an RV but were never brave enough to tailgate. Don't think we would have fit in with the regular crowd. LOL
Of course you're in Twoterville!! I see you almost every day! I can't wait till we get to Onederland!! Now that has got to be a very beautiful place!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #162

Quote:
Thank you. He is such a good baby!
I live about 30 miles from Atlanta Speedway. We used to go to the Atlanta races and the Talleddega, AL races but it's too tiring for us now. We had an RV but were never brave enough to tailgate. Don't think we would have fit in with the regular crowd. LOL
Of course you're in Twoterville!! I see you almost every day! I can't wait till we get to Onederland!! Now that has got to be a very beautiful place!!!!
We will get there, friend. I have also heard that Onederland is an amazing place. Apparently it looks something like this....

and like this....all at the same time

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 09-07-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
You are both right. Onederville is a grand place. But the first time I got there I eventually started eating again because I hadn't learned a way to process the feelings and a way to deal with life events. I have been practicing different emotional and spirital exercises that seem to be helping now. So now that I lost again what I gained before, I hopefully can just live now.

We went to a yard sale after our morning hike today and I picked up a cashmere sweater for $2 in a size small. And it fit! Never in a million years would I have ever thought of something like this. I picked up a pretty nightie for 50 cents.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Yay MaryMary! Love those bargains.
I'm sure that is what happened to me. I never saw myself as thin or normal. When I looked in the mirror I still saw a fat person. I remember holding up my pants and thinking how big they looked. They were 12's. I was not at goal but they were much smaller than the size 28's I had been wearing. I was very frustrated and quit posting. It is so important for me to have this support.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Hello hello everyone....what a day....Was going to Walmart then the pool store with DH and we ended up at the CONNS furniture store..mmmmm Wellllll...lol...we did come home with sales slip saying we bought some new den furniture....I told my DH ...I only wanted to get some hair color for my hair but I sure didn't complain long....Now DH has work to do tonight finishing up his tiling project in the entrance way so they can move the furniture in...wow what a date night we will have tonight....lol...
Pool is being cleaned so no water exercise tonight....that helps me a lot then walking around the pool in circles....but I will do it...DH was going to grill tonight but I think leftovers will do so we can get stuff done....still on plan...

Will enjoy that onederland again one day....love that place....My son sent me a Dallas Cowboy jersey with my name on it and I told him Mom will wear it for him when I go home to visit....He forgets Mom here is short and alittle rounder...lol..but I want it to fit comfortably....it was so sweet of him to do...

Oh the baby is so sweet looking...I know you are proud....I love pictures anytime I can get them from my family ...and when we travel...Scrapbooker here but not lately...
Give me time to remember everyone but I promise I will ....We do have some Marys here lol...love it....Well time to get busy working around the house alittle...

Have a wonderful evening all....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 216 214 212 210 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza- Onederland looks just as I thought it would! Lofty dreams right now! Still very happy to be in Twoterville!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #167

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Well, as I suspected, dh was too tired to go on our date night. We stayed home and watched college football. Not a big deal really. I'm just a little disappointed.

So today the parents are coming as usual. I'm doing an Asian theme---sweet and sour chicken, fried rice, stir fry veggies with ice cream as dessert. Apps are just going to be a couple cold dips and crackers. Need to simplify.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #168

Chews, your DH has been working so many hours! No wonder he didn't feel like going out. For me personally, the best date ever is DH and I at home, chatting and relaxing.

Simple and easy for the parents is the way to go.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #169

We bought some rice cracker mix at Costco yesterday, and, I don't know what got into me, but I had two handfuls last night. I promptly got heartburn, which i haven't had since going strict LC two months ago. Afraid to get on the scale this morning to see what happened.

PS. Got on the scale and I'm still in Twoterville, but I'm done with rice crackers.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 09-08-2013 at 06:07 AM..
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! I am down .5lb. again today!! Yay!! Don't know if it will last but I'll take it. Last few days have been a trail down so I'm hoping it doesn't bounce back up!

Chewie- Sorry. I know you were disappointed! Your DH works so much that I understand his feelings but I also know how important that one on one time away from the house and family is to you. Maybe his work will lessen soon and y'all can have a more normal schedule!

Lady- Yay, for new furniture!!

Eliza- So glad to see you relaxing under a palm tree in Twoterville!! I had heard you were trying to buy a ticket out with rice cracker mix!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #171

Jan .....
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Hello hello everyone....what a day....Was going to Walmart then the pool store with DH and we ended up at the CONNS furniture store..mmmmm Wellllll...lol...we did come home with sales slip saying we bought some new den furniture....I told my DH ...I only wanted to get some hair color for my hair but I sure didn't complain long....Now DH has work to do tonight finishing up his tiling project in the entrance way so they can move the furniture in...wow what a date night we will have tonight....lol...
Pool is being cleaned so no water exercise tonight....that helps me a lot then walking around the pool in circles....but I will do it...DH was going to grill tonight but I think leftovers will do so we can get stuff done....still on plan...

Will enjoy that onederland again one day....love that place....My son sent me a Dallas Cowboy jersey with my name on it and I told him Mom will wear it for him when I go home to visit....He forgets Mom here is short and alittle rounder...lol..but I want it to fit comfortably....it was so sweet of him to do...

Have a wonderful evening all....
MaryFrances, how sweet of your son to send you that jersey with your name on it. Go Cowboys!

Congrats on the new den furniture

Hope your pool gets cleaned so you can resume your walking program. How hot is it in AZ right now? As you probably know, we had quite a few days at/over the 100s this past week. It will be 98 today. Can't wait for the hot TX summer to finally move on so we can go do stuff outdoors.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

It's going to be 90 today in HotLanta!!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #174

Only in Arkansas.

SWAT team shoots and kills 107-year-old man in standoff

Read more: SWAT team shoots and kills 107-year-old man in standoff | Local News - KHBS Home
Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #175

92 here but super humid. All week is supposed to be in the low 90s. Come on cooler weather.

Eliza--congrats. Girl, you are doing awesome. Stay out of those crackers.

Jan--you are also doing great. Losing and losing and losing. That's the way to do it. I'm kind of stuck again with my weight. I'm wondering if the strength classes I'm taking are adding muscle and that weighs more so maybe it's slowing up my weight loss??? I can hope, right?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning ...Only 77 here in the desert...but it is humid...wow...we are usually in the 112 everyday still.....raining alittle this morning.....
Football today here....Have to watch our AZ Cardinals but also have to watch my Dallas Cowboys....I am a Texas gal always but I live in AZ now with my new husband of 5 years......My family are all back in Tx country...lol...

Cooked omelets for B and will let DH put some steaks on the grill tonight...so that keeps our meals on track for the day....We are both working this together so that helps....I make my DH lunches to take for work most days so that helps him...I love cooking and baking but we are staying on track without so many to cook for now....just us 2....well we do have Cleo our cat and Spanky our wiener dog..lol
DH is putting the finishing touches on the tile in our entrance way before our new furniture will be delivered later this afternoon... I am a reader so I have a book going all the time mostly since I haven't had time to get into my craftroom to work....I love scrapbooking,cardmaking, canvas cross stitching, and I am loving quilting...new at that...lol I love that I am home now and I miss my kids so much back in Tx so I have to keep busy...Will not see kids until after Christmas...We love traveling when we can ....we use our time shares...which we do not like but still will use them now...DH is still working so love to get away ....We went to Hawaii this year and that was wonderful...I took over 1200 pictures ...I couldn't believe it.. but all the flowers and just everything is so beautiful..lol... My husband and I will never forget that trip....DH and I have both had losses in our life and we just needed something very special.....Well now you are learning alittle more about me I guess...But most of all I want to lose this weight I am carrying....I got my hair rinsed last night and look more like me....I washed that GRAY right out of my hair LOL....Now to just get active with my exercises...little at a time...but I will get there.....

Have a great Sunday ......and have fun...and be good haha
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

77 here...humid and raining....this is not us here in the desert....we have still been the the 112 days...wow...but we will take it...

Football day for us... Our AZ cardinals and then my Dallas Cowboys tonight...YEA! Steaks on the grill later so keeping on track today....

Furniture being delivered later today....try out our new loveset recliner while we watch our football game...
Have a wonderful Sunday

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 09-08-2013 at 10:50 AM..
Old 09-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/308/160
Start Date: 03/05/2013
Good morning all

I've had a wicket headache since yesterday. I tried posting stuff yesterday but kept messing up. So I am just here today so say :hi: and I hope you're all well.

I'll sign in later when this headache hopefully goes away...
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Humidity is awful here, too. I just got back from one of my favorite grocery stores( that is going to quit doubling coupons Sept.25th. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa) and the register showed $76.87. After store card savings and coupons, I paid $36.02!! I even got parchment paper(3.99) and coconut oil(reg.$12.99, on sale for 9.99 and I had a $3 off coupon).Happy day! Also, got in some extra walking.

Lady- My nephew and his wife are in Maui right now for their 25th wedding annniversary! He put a pic from their balcony and it was breathtaking! We went to Oahu and stayed at the 'pink' Royal Hawaiian Hotel. Would love to go back; it has been a long time. I hear you on the Time Share deal. We had two and got rid of them. They are OK but the maintenance fees went up every year and we decided that we could just as well pay for our vacation.

Annett- Sorry about your headache! Hope your better soon.

chewie- You're right; muscle does weigh more than fat so I'm sure your going through your transition period. Hold on tight!!

Deb- I know you're so frustrated but really try hard to keep thinking of yourself, too! You can't be of help to Ken if you are not healthy! Come on in here and get some hugs!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Lady- Deb is making a beautiful quilt for her soon to be born grand daughter, Molly!!